A Dragon's Mate

By 1uckygold

It's that time of year for dragons... and finally the three male dragon slayers are of age to participate. Fi... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:

Chapter 6:

512 10 4
By 1uckygold

(Mirajane's POV.)

'The house sure is lonely without Lisanna and Elfman... I hope there doing okay,' I sighed at the thought, the two having gone on a mission together to help afford our house's bills.

Walking into the guild from the back doors, passing through the kitchen and heading for the bar to start preparing for work before everyone gets here. However, as I expected to wake up to an empty guild... It shocked me seeing everyone knocked out on the guild floors.

I noticed all of them were surrounding Natsu, Laxus, and Gajeel—Are those... scales?!

Rushing to the three, I got near Laxus to make sure he was alright only to step-back seeing Freed's runes appear as a warning before fading once more. Getting a closer look, I noticed Laxus's hair got slightly lighter in color as scales were visible upon his grumpy face. Not only that but there were horns on top of his head!

Just as I was about to wake him to ask what was going on, a hand fell on my shoulder, freezing me in place. Glancing behind, I noticed it was Master with his hand outstretched. He was sitting on the bar with closed eyes, sitting crisscrossed in a calm demeanor.

"Do not wake him my child."

Hesitating, looking back between Laxus and Master... I sighed before nodding in agreement, walking quietly over with concern. "Master, what's going on? Why is everyone still here and what are the boys doing locked up in runes?"

"It is the season of mating for dragons and dragon slayers—Surprisingly, Natsu was the one to suggest this idea. He said that the three males talked, and it would be best to lock them up, rather than claiming their mates. And although they wished too, the three didn't want anyone to get hurt. This season can be extremely dangerous, my dear, so we have to take precautions until it is over."

"Oh..." I mumbled, speechless at the new piece of information before nodding and preparing to make a breakfast for everyone for their hard work in guarding. However before I could get started, the guild doors opened to reveal a beautiful busty blonde and curvy/petite bluenette—Lucy and Levy.

They both had shocked faces upon arrival, until seeing Master and I as they headed over in a blink of an eye. Lucy and Levy sitting down on the bar stools as I quickly went to fetch them their usual drinks.

"What's going on?" Lucy asked with hesitation, as if she knew exactly what it was but needed confirmation.

"Is this... Is this about the season?" Levy spoke up, whispering the words as if they were some sort of trigger. Placing Lucy's strawberry and Levy's chocolate milkshakes down, I stared in surprise... They knew about that?! From the looks of it, Master was in shock as well form the news.

"Child, how do you knew about that?"

The two girls bite their lip, sweating nervously before jumping up to bow constantly... Apologies rushed out in a jumble mess. "We're so sorry Master!! W-We meant to give you this book, but we really wanted to read it... A-And we know it was wrong of us to keep such important information to ourselves."

Poor Lucy and Levy... The two looked to be close to tears until Master patted them on the heads in understanding before gesturing to give him the book. Levy not wasting time to open her bag, pulling out a worn-out book and her Gale-Force reading glasses to hand it to Master as he scanned through it immediately. Slowly growing wider the more information was stored into his head.

Suddenly, Master slammed the book shut a little too loudly, coughing into his head with a blush and handing it back to Levy who stared with a questioning look, grabbing her glasses as well. Though before the three of us could say anything further, growling was heard that had us freezing in place.

Turning around, we saw all male dragon slayers were awake, their eyes wild, staring deep into our souls... But that wasn't the terrifying part. It was the fact that they were practically glowing, telling us who the real dominant species were as a tail started forming from behind, thrashing around.

A gasp was heard from Levy and Lucy... The two paling as their jaws dropped.

"The highest class..."

The word or the girls voices... I don't know, but it sparked something in Natsu as he cried out a deafening roar that startled everyone awake. The fire dragon slayer snarling at Laxus and Gajeel before they pounced, only to get thrown back by the barrier that had them growling dangerously.

Their eyes and voices were different, huskier and deeper. Only muttering one thing...

"Mate."

"Holy shit!!" Someone in the guild shouted, Gray and Erza not wasting time to jump into action as the dragon slayers started pounding and scratching away at the rune barrier. Wendy would've gotten into a defense stance too, but she shook in fear, not being able to move at the thought of turning into this one day. Even the exceeds were terrified, Happy and Lily stared wide eye at their friends who took care of them.

Another roar seemed to break the trance on everyone else as I hid behind the bar counters with Levy and Lucy, the three of us peeking to see Cana readying her cards, Freed grabbing his sword, Bickslow waking up his babies, Evergreen reaching for her glasses while in the air, Juvia standing in front of Gray to protect him if needed, and everyone else summoning their magic. The power combined seemed to make the dragon slayers even more aggressive.

"Wendy... Can you talk to them? Remind them it's us like you did with Erigor's memory?" Bickslow questioned seriously as his babies constantly repeated the word "Remind." The question had Wendy snap out of it before looking baffled at the request.

"T-That was different Bickslow-san... Erigor's memory was lost. Natsu, Gajeel, and Laxus know who they are and what there doing. It's just a different side of them that's usually buried deep and in control—Right now they are uncage dragons... B-But I'll see what I can do," Wendy squeaked, squeezing through the crowd until in front of the barrier. Erza and Gray stepping closer to protect the Sky Dragon Slayer if needed.

I watched with curiosity as the three quieted down almost immediately. Only for Natsu to growl at Wendy, causing her to jump slightly before she clenched her fist in determination. "N-Natsu-san... Gajeel-san... and Laxus-san, y-you need to be nice. Our nakama is just trying to help like you requested."

That seemed to shut Natsu's growl up quick, a frown on his face like the other two. The action had everyone, including me, widening their eyes in amazement. Until someone came back from a job, the door opening causing a gust of wind to flow through the room as Natsu, Gajeel, and Laxus stiffened when smelling their mate's scents grow stronger in the air.

"Wendn... Yon aragon dow theron isn non stoppion dragion fron theiron materagon. Len ygon loyaltin dien toon drem aon dracome oragon won thon firen dragion princon," Natsu snarled out, the foreign tongue had everyone confused. Especially when Wendy stayed still...

"...Dragion?" I heard Lucy mumble to herself before her eyes widen, despite my protest jumped up and slammed her hands on the counter to gain everyone's attention. Sharp green colored eyes snapping to her with a glint... "Dragion tongue... It's dragon tongue!!!"

Suddenly everyone was lifted into the wind and thrown back, a low growl coming from the little dragon slayer as Natsu just grinned. Wendy turning around as if she was in some sort of trance and faced everyone in the guild with a look that was only used against enemies.

"Wendy, what the hell? Snap out of it!!" Gray shouted, jumping to his feet as Wendy faced him like a robot. Though a simple flix of her wrist had him flying into the table, breaking upon contact.

"Gray-Sama!!"

"Wendy, I apologize... But right now, you are not yourself, so I'll need to knock some sense into you," Erza stated seriously, transforming into her Wind God Armor before rushing to attack. Wendy staying perfectly still, not dodging it as she looked to the ground.

"E-Erza-san?" Wendy looked up, mumbling her name in a broken voice as tears threatened to spill from the eyes that caused Erza eye's to widen. Stopping mid-way only for Wendy to smirk and send a Wing Attack, the scarlet warrior flying through the guild walls that had everyone gasping.

"That's it!! I'm sorry for this Wendy," Cana yelled, throwing her cards as they lit up to explode upon impact near Wendy's feet that had me flinching for the little girl. Wendy crying out in pain as she was thrown into the hard barrier of the males as they growled for their youngest dragon slayer.

"Yon'll dray forn thaon..." Wendy growled out, using her wind magic to float her back onto her feet with grace. Bending down into a couching position before shooting at Cana with lightening fast, punching her straight back into the crowd as everyone now started attacking Wendy.

It was becoming a loosing battle, until a voice stopped the young one in her tracks.

"Wendy..." Romeo whispered with a saddened tone, and I wanted to squeal in excitement despite the situation seeing a blush rise on Wendy's face before she blinked constantly. A hiss escaping her lips as she grabbed her head and thrashed around to rid of the dominance control that was trying to takeover once more.

"R-Romeo-kun..." Wendy choked out, tears burning her eyes as she fell to her knees. The young boy rushing to comfort her before Carla quickly grabbed her to fly Wendy out of sight and into safety behind a pillar. Happy and Lily following closely behind to comfort the sobbing girl.

Gajeel growled something at Natsu, catching the guild's attention as Natsu seemed to brighten up at the idea before giving Laxus a nod—Whatever these two were planning couldn't be good and I worried that the guild won't be able to manage it considering they were already exhausted from just fighting Wendy! Turning to Master, I was gaping in surprise when seeing he had disappeared.

'He ran out on us?! Oh... Master when you return, I am going to give you an earful!!'

"We need to help! Not hide like sitting ducks!!" Lucy growled, determination filling her heart as she grabbed both keys and whip from her belt. The comment had me narrowing my eyes, nodding along with her as me and Levy got up to follow Lucy's lead.

However before we could react... Natsu, Gajeel, and Laxus broke through the guild floors without resistance. The whole in the floors causing everyone to pale when realizing what just happened.

"Dammit Freed! You couldn't have put an enchantment that prevents them from breaking floors?!" Gray shouted angrily, turning to a bristling green haired man. The two arguing back and forth as Erza arrived through the broken rubble, slamming their two heads together with a hard glare.

"Where are they?" I questioned as everyone gathered around only for the floor to explode into pieces causing me, Lucy, and Levy to cry out. Flying into the shelfs of the bar, bottles falling to the ground in front of us...

'Ouch...' Everything looked so fuzzy, shouts becoming faded as the sound of magic flew across the guild. Slightly turning my head, I saw Levy and Lucy knocked out from the impact—Gosh, I feel so... so tired...

Then everything went black.

~

(Happy POV.)

"It seems the three are after the girls... Everyone, defend Lucy, Mirajane, and Levy!!" Erza barked orders, summoning her katanas in hand before jumping into action.

Hiding behind the pillar with Wendy, Romeo, Carla, and Lily. I had watched the dragon slayers break through the guild floors in front of Lucy, Levy and Mira causing them to hit the wall, knocking them out as the guild fought with everything to defend them.

"Lushie!!!" I screamed, trembling in fear.

"We have to help!! Quick, let's fly them to safety," Lily suggested as I nodded, all three of us spreading our wings to fly towards the girls. Not wasting time, I lifted Lucy using my tail as Lily took a hold of Levy's shirt and Carla grabbed onto Mirajane's pink dress.

"Don't worry Lushie... I'll protect you," I mumbled, flying high into the air for an open window as Lily and Carla followed closely behind. Only to hear a shout to watch out that had me glancing down to see everyone unconscious and badly hurt, the three male dragon slayers rushing after us with a deadly growl.

I flew in place in the open air, and by the looks of it... Lily and Carla froze too. Natsu looked at me as if he wanted to rip me into pieces and for the first time... I was scared of him.

"Happy, Carla, Lily!! Move!!" A shout was heard, but I was too far gone to know who's voice it was.

"Romeo-kun... I—You need to push them out of the way with your fire magic!! I-I can't defy Natsu!! Something inside... It's affecting me and if I try to resist, I'm afraid of what will happen!!—Hurry, please!!!" Wendy screamed, tears streaming down her face as Romeo hesitated but nodded, nonetheless. Summoning a purple flame that won't hurt but will have enough force to knock out of harm's way.

Throwing the flame, it hit me and the others directly that had us flying onto the ceiling railing. Unfortunately, it also made us dizzy, causing to drop the girls.

"Lucy..." I mumbled weakly, trying to get my head on straight while reaching out a paw to her as she fell. I couldn't even move to grab Lucy before she hit the ground. Lucky or unluckily... The dragon slayers we were trying to protect them from, caught them before they could hit the ground.

Natsu, Laxus, and Gajeel muttering in that dragion tongue of theirs before they growled, tail thrashing wild and body stretching out in a weird manner before dragon wings grew out of their back. Natsu roaring, following the other two before they crashed through the guild walls, shielding the girls from the wood.

Rolling on my back, as the sunrise came... I saw their figures get smaller through the big gap they made in the roof as they faded out in the distance until I could see them no more. The only sound before everything went black was dragon's roaring into the morning sky. 

.

.

Hello lovelies... Dragion Tongue is a language I invented. Below I'll provide translations in case you all were curious... Do NOT worry, they won't speak like this all the time.

Translations:

"Wendn... Yon aragon dow theron isn non stoppion dragion fron theiron materagon. Len ygon loyaltin dien toon drem aon dracome oragon won thon firen dragion princon."

"Wendy... You already know there is no stopping a dragon from his mate. Let your loyalties die to them and become one with the fire dragon prince."

.

"Yon'll dray foron thaon..."

"You'll pay for that..." 

Also as a gift for this rewrite and for waiting patiently. 

I present these artworks that I did myself *Remember all copyrights belong to me when it comes to this artwork... Please do NOT repost, claim, or alter!*

.

BONUS:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 4.8K 24
It's that time of the year. What time?! Dragon mating season! But this time...It is also Devil mating season...Which means now Gray is in this utter...
512K 11.2K 22
Once every 10 years dragons have a mating season. It is a rare occasion that everyone celebrates, but the dragon slayers aren't in the festive mood. ...
149K 2.1K 26
Status: [COMPLETED ✔️] Today is normal day in the guild with Natsu, Gajeel and Gray fighting, other mages joining the fight, Erza stopping the brawl...