The Scythe Hero's Adventure

By drippy_boiz

I sort of felt like fuckin with shield hero for the fuck of it. Why not right. ______________________________... More

Chapter 1 - Arrival
Chapter 2 - That's Cap
Chapter 3 - More Excitement
Chapter 5 - Pebble's Growth
Chapter 6 - The Wave
Chapter 7 - Fuck Royalty!
Chapter 8 - Leena Is Home
Chapter 9 - Wave Two? Wave Three? Eh, Wave 2.5
Chapter 10 - That's A Big Bird
Chapter 11 - A Hero Snaps
Chapter 12 - Worthy Of The Scythe

Chapter 4 - Egg

333 5 8
By drippy_boiz

Right I'm here again.

Not gonna waste time so let's start.

____________________________________________

After a while of walking Leena and Tyler arrive back at the capital. They were walking to go find that guy to sell stuff to as they ended up running into monsters on the way. Just some small plant monsters.

Tyler managed to get a nature element Scythe out of it though.

"So it's very fast, but doesn't do a lot of damage. I do get to use nature magic and stuff. Provided I'm at the right level for it. So can I like, maybe make a piranha plant or something?" He asked.

Leena tilted her head at that.

"Uh.... What's a piranha plant?" She asked.

"Nevermind. Just something from my home world. A reference." He told her.

"Oh. Well anyway, were here now. Hopefully I don't have to threaten him again." She said through gritted teeth.

Through some stroke of luck they had no issues selling stuff. Thank fuck.

"Hey, why don't we go see what we can do with this web stuff? May as well see what we can work for." Tyler proposed the idea.

"Yeah, sure. Doesn't sound like a bad idea." She said.

Leena guided him to the best place she knows. Eventually they arrived and stepped in.

The woman at the counter greeted them.

"Ah, hello. Is there anything I can help you two with?" She asked.

"Uh, we're looking to see what we can get done with these. We're looking to get something made for the Scy-"

"For both of us. We're looking to get something made for both of us." Tyler interrupted her. "Remember Leena. Team."

The woman looked at what they had. Webs from spider monsters. Sturdy strong stuff.

"I could definitely put something together for adventurers like yourselves. I know a few things about enchanting, so I can definitely make something to protect you both." She said.

"Oh, that's perfect. How much would it be for each one?" Leena asked.

"Well, you already brought the materials I needed, so 500 silvers total for the two." She told them.

"Fuck it that's doable. We made that this morning." Tyler said.

He paid for it, making sure Leena didn't touch her own money.

"It may take some time. You can come back later and get them when I am finished." She told them.

"Thank you so much. We'll be back later." Leena thanked her.

They both left the place and looked around.
.
.
.
.
.
"So now what?" He asked.

"Guess we can head to that church, as much as I don't want to be near it." She said rolling her eyes.

As they walked Tyler checked his menu again.

"I'm curious about our levels actually...... Oh shit!" He said in surprise. "I'm level 22 and you're level 27. We're moving up fast."

"Probably because of all the large monsters were killing. I told you it was better to take my advice than to just do what the other Heroes are doing. No offense to most of them." She said looking away.

"Must be. Seriously, thanks for being such a massive help Leena. Could not have gone this far without you." He told her.

Leena blushed a small bit.

"It's no problem at all Tyler. I'm more than happy to help. As long as I'm doing what my grandfather did, I'm happy to help." She said messing around with one of her arrows.

They kept walking until they were standing outside the church.

"Pretty sure these fuckers hate me, but whatever. Let's just get this over with fast." He said walking in, not wanting to be there for too long.

Leena also didn't want to be here too long. Or at all. The church weren't a fan of her bloodline. They view her version of magic as evil and demonic. Saying that since it doesn't come from a chant, it's not right.

Reluctantly, she followed him in.

Someone greeted them, but when they saw Leena, they seemed to frown at the fact that she was here.

"Hello sir Scythe Hero. What can I..... Oh, you." The priest said looking to Leena with disapproval.

"Look. I know you don't like me, not sure about Leena, but we're only here to see the wave timer. Need to know how long we have." Tyler told him.

The priest sighed and showed them the thing. It was the thing that lets them increase their level cap.

They saw the timer and-

"Ah shit we only got a few days.... Welp, guess it's back to killing huge monsters. And this time we don't have a party of six." Tyler said looking to Leena.

"We'll be prepared." She said confidently.

Just then Tyler noticed a familiar face enter the place.

"Oh hey, Ren!" He called out.

"Tyler. It's good to see you're surviving." Ren said.

Motoyasu and Itsuki were with him as well, they definitely didn't like Tyler at all.

"Are you still forcing her to fight with you? Guess you never do learn." He said glaring at Tyler.

"Spear Hero. Shut the fuck up." Leena said sounding irritated.

"Anyway, ignoring things that aren't important-"

"Hey!"

"-you guys here to see the timer? Only a few days on it." Tyler told him.

"That and there may be something useful in the library under the church." Ren told him.

"There is? Well, I may as well see what's up. You wanna wait outside Leena?" He asked her.

"No, I'll be fine. I'm curious what we can find."

"Alright. Let's go and see what's there."

The four of them head down to see what they could find. They got there to see a lot of damn books and stuff. Oh and Naofumi was here too with a.....

"Does that girl have ears on top of her head?"

Leena look to him.

"That's what's called a demi-human. They aren't really treated well in this world. Many places do treat them well, but there are still some places that look down at them." Leena explained.

"Oh... Well that sucks. Hey, Naofumi. You find anything helpful?"

Tyler walked over to him and Naofumi looked to him.

"Not a whole lot. Just history and stuff. Few things like that. Haven't checked the whole place." He told Tyler.

That's when he noticed the other Heroes. His mood dropped entirely.

"Remember man. Ren is on your side. He's the only sensible one of the bunch." Tyler reminded him.

"I know. Just the Spear guy drives me insane." He said sighing in annoyance.

Suddenly Motoyasu was in front of the girl with him, talking about how she shouldn't be with Naofumi. Yeah, he definitely sends some red flags.

"Who's the girl? Friend of yours?" Tyler asked.

"She's a slave. I had no choice. I need someone to fight for me. I ain't treating her like an object or anything, trust me, she was in much worse condition when I got her." Naofumi explained.

"Oh...... Well, I may not agree with the slave thing, but she does look like she's been treated well. Good to know." He said understanding the whole thing.

As Naofumi was trying and failing to tellà Motoyasu that his party member is literally required for him to get stronger and that he can't just take shit from him. Tyler looked to Ren.

"Were you able to find anything on why the Shield and Scythe are hated?" He asked.

Itsuki chimes in when he heard that.

"It's not the weapon that's hated, it's you. You deserve it for what you-"

"Child, you really should open your mouth fully when you talk and speak clearly cause I cannot understand a single word you're saying. Now if you don't mind, let the adults talk." Tyler said cutting him off, then turning back to Ren.

"I haven't found anything. All I know, is that for whatever reason, the other Shield Heroes before were hated just as much for seemingly nothing. Anyone I ask just never gives a reason or an example of what the Shield Hero has done." Ren told him all that he knew.

Tyler nodded.

"Leena told me before about how the Scythe just isn't appreciated. I don't know why they'd want us to be fucked over from the start when we haven't done anything. Just doesn't make sense why they'd do this." Tyler said trying to think.

"One word Tyler. Corruption." Leena told him.

"Well, obviously, but I thought they were desperate. That's why they summoned us right? Why would they summon us all just to screw over two of us?" Tyler tried to think of a reason.

"My bets are that the King doesn't care about what happens with his people. He only cares about himself. Now that the Queen isn't here, he can get away with things." Leena told him.

"I guess that makes sense. Also. Hey Myne." He called to the bitch when he remembered she was here with Motoyasu.

She looked over to him, then got pissed when she saw him make the same face she made at Naofumi back then.

"Heh. Fuck that bitch." He laughed.

"Well, whatever the case. We can't really do much at all when it's the King. Our word won't mean anything." Ren reminded him.

"Yeah, I know. Best we can do is just wait. The Queen will come back eventually and maybe then things can get better and she can fix shit." He said. "Well, I'm gonna get going. Got stuff to do. I'll see you at the wave probably."

Before he left, he turned back to Ren.

"Wait. I gotta make sure. You've been burning your bodies. Right?" Tyler asked.

"Usually the team stays behind to deal with that stuff. Why?"

"Well, the smaller ones are fine, but with the big fuckers you really need to deal with the bodies. Apparently that can cause problems if they rot. So uh, burn what you kill after harvesting them." Tyler told him. "Cause I know you, you probably still think this is partially a game and that's fair considering this probably feels like one to you."

"Yeah, thanks for the heads up. This does feel exactly like the game I played." He said thanking him for the advice.

"Good. Now I'm gonna get going. Good luck our there man."

Leena had gone out before him and he managed to catch up to her. She was talking with Naofumi and his friend.

"Hi Tyler. I was just talking with Naofumi and his friend." She said.

His teammate bowed her head to Tyler.

"It's nice to meet you Scythe Hero. I'm Raphtalia." She introduced herself.

"Tyler. Just call me that. Not Scythe Hero." He said using a finger to push her head up. "Good to know Naofumi is treating you well."

"Yes, he is. I was really sick before and he helped me get better." She told him.

"Cool."

The four of them walked around when they heard a voice call to them. It was familiar to Naofumi.

"I see you have your Scythe friend with you this time old friend."

"Oh, this guy. He's the one I got Raphtalia from." Naofumi told Tyler.

"Oh....... So why is he here? I'm not here to buy a slave." Tyler told him.

"Oh that's perfectly fine my friend. See I came to offer our Shield friend Naofumi something, but seeing as you're both here, why not stay and hear what I have to offer?"

'He sounds like Dr. Eggman.' Tyler thought.

Tyler looked to Leena who just shrugged.

"Alright. I'm sort of curious." Tyler said and the four of them followed.

"Excellent decision. I'm positive you'll be intrigued." He said and guided them somewhere.

After a bit of walking the four of them were led to a big tent thing. Like a circus or something. The small fat man lead them inside and there were a number of cages.

"So..... Why are we here again?" Naofumi asked.

The fat man brought out a sort of small chest.

"Since you are my favourite customer, I am here to offer you something. A chance to have yet another companion." He said, then looked to Tyler. "And I would be happy to extend this offer to you. This isn't some private offer, everyone can get this if they know about it, I just wanted to make sure you knew about it."

"Ight. So what's the deal?" Tyler asked.

He opened the thing and it showed a number of rather big eggs. All the exact same in size with slightly different patterns.

"Now. Here we have a number of eggs as you can see. Ten to be exact. Nine of these are Filolial eggs. One of them is a dragon egg. What type of dragon it is, that I don't know." He told them.

They looked over the eggs. Naofumi wasn't sure. Tyler however was thinking about the idea of a dragon.

"Tyler. No." Leena told him.

"But Leenaaaa! A dragon! That would be so cool!" He whined like a child. "Fuck it how much?"

"10 silver for an egg." He told him.

Tyler and Naofumi looked to eachother. Then nodded.

"How about a deal." Naofumi said.

The fat man grinned.

"You know what I like to hear friend. What's the deal?" He asked.

Tyler spoke up.

"You take two eggs. One Filolial and the dragon one. We pick and pay like double." Tyler offered.

"Hmmmm. How about I pick three instead? I'll settle for 15 silver each." He said.

"Fuck it, deal." Tyler said handing him the silver.

"Sounds like a good deal to me." Naofumi said doing the same.

The fat man took three eggs from the box and set them down.

"So, who wants to pick first?" He asked.

"You go ahead Tyler. I'm not in any rush." Naofumi told him.

"Ight........."

He looked over the three. The middle one had not the same, but a similar pattern to the one on the right. The left one though, that had a weirdly unique pattern. Now does the pattern matter or is that to throw you off?

Tyler reached a hand out, he turned away and put his hand on a random one.

He had picked the one on the left.

"Ok. That was..... Anticlimactic." He said holding the egg. "Got an egg though so..... That's neat."

Naofumi picked his and they both left the place.

"Welp. It's getting late. We should probably head back to the shop too." Tyler said looking to Leena.

"Yeah, let's get going. I can hold the egg if you want?" She offered.

He gave it to her and she put it in a bag that was big enough to hold it.

"We'll see you at the wave Tyler. Good luck with the egg." Naofumi told him. He and Raphtalia walked off.

"Yeah. Good luck yourself man...... You know, knowing me and my luck. This isn't going to be a dragon..... This sucks." He said to himself.

"Oh don't worry Tyler. Maybe you'll be lucky here." She told him trying to cheer him up. "Now come on. We don't want that lady to wait all night for us."

They walked back to that store and when they got there it was luckily still open. They walked in and she greeted them.

"Ah there you two are. I was thinking you would be gone all night. I have what you ordered." She said going into the back.

When she came back she had two things. The two took them and went to put them on. For Leena she had a red bit of cloth that attached to her shoulder and arm. It looked really stylish and suites her well. It was like a mini cloak

(I'm bad at descriptions.)

For Tyler he had a purple cloak with a hood on it. He read the stats for both. They each and a fire resistant enchantment. A strong one too.

"I feel like the DOOM Slayer got dripped out." He said to himself. He looked to Leena.

"So... Does this work at all?" She asked him.

"Oh absolutely it does. You look awesome Leena." He told her honestly.

She seemed to blush at that.

"Uh, thanks. You look great yourself Tyler." She told him.

"I'm glad to hear you both like them. I did my best as always." The woman said, satisfied that her work paid off.

"Seriously. Thank you for this. We need to get going. It's getting late." Leena said.

The two walked out waving goodbye to the woman.

They got to an Inn that wasn't hugely known. They got separate rooms and turned in for the night while Tyler kept the egg safe.

"Yeah. That won't be a dragon.... A Filolial might be cool though.......... If I knew what that was." He said to himself.

He sighed and just turned onto his back.

"Also sleeping with scythes glued to you. Not fun." He said repositioning them to be more comfortable.

He eventually managed to get to sleep.
.
.
.
.
.
-Smol Timeskip-

It's been another day since they got that egg and nothing has happened with it yet. Right now Leena was keeping it safe as she shot her arrows at the monsters they were fighting.

Tyler was getting up in the monsters faces and cutting them up with his different scythe types. He was getting the hang of using the magic that he could use with the stone and grass scythes.

Oh and they were fighting a huge plant as well as mutated rats.

"Keep them off me for a second!" Leena shouted.

Tyler got close to her and killed anything that got near her. He used the Stone Scythe in the joint form to form big rocks and smash things.

He kept defending her and just as he killed the last rat, she stood up with an arrow on fire. She let it fly and it was sent to the huge plant monster.

Tyler could tell it was going to be strong and made a wall of rocks form in front of them as a shield. They waited for the noise to die down and when it did they looked to see the thing was dead.

"Whew, that was intense. Solid shot Leena." Tyler said putting his scythes away.

"Right. That thing should have dropped a.... Oh, there it is." She said as she walked over to it to pick something up.

She turned to him to show.... A flower?

"What's that for?" He asked.

"Well, obviously, it's a flower. These monsters drop them sometimes. This type of flower is actually sort of rare. It's a glow flower. They're known for having such long lifetimes. They could go for years without water apparently. Magic or something." She explained.

She walked over to him and handed it to him.

"You keep an eye on the egg and look after the flower and decide what to do with it. It can die if you aren't careful. I'll deal with the bodies." She said. "These things don't have stones to get."

She went over and did her thing. All while Tyler stood there holding the glow flower.

It was a blue flower that looked kind of like a daisy, but not exactly. He covered it for a second and it was glowing without the sunlight. It was a pretty thing.

"Wonder what we can do with this. Sell it? I dunno......" He then looked over to Leena. He had an idea of what to do with it.

Leena finished burning the bodies. She turned back and walked towards Tyler.

"So. You decide what to do with the- Huh?" She stopped.

She looked up at him confused when he reached for her hair? What was he doing?

Tyler looked at her with a smile.

"Yeah. I did decide. It was a good choice." He said.

"Uh, what did you do?" She asked.

He gestured to a small pond near them to see what he did. She walked over and looked at her reflection in the water.

Oh, so that's what he did.

He had put the flower in her hair. She'll admit it looks kind of nice, but why this?

"I thought It'd look cute on you. I was right." He said looking at her and leaning on a tree holding the egg.

She turned to him and felt her cheeks redden a bit.

"I-I'm not.... I'm not cute Tyler." She said looking away. She was not use to compliments like that.

"Alright. Then I'll try beautiful. Maybe that's a better word." He said shrugging.

She was burning up at this. She shook her head and moved past him.

"Let's just get going! We want to get back to town with the stuff that man asked us to get." She said trying to stop herself from thinking about that compliment.

Tyler laughed. He just followed behind her.

"Whatever you say Leena." He said as he caught up to her. "Sorry if I bothered you. Just had to say it."

She looked up to him and quickly shook her head.

"No no, it's fine Tyler. I'm just not use to compliments like that....." She put a hand up to her head to ensure the flower was in place. "Uh, thank you..... for the flower, I mean."

"You're welcome Leena. Now, who was it again that wanted these herbs?" He asked.

They went back to the town and gave the guy his stuff.

"Thank you so much. You two are Heroes." He thanked them.

"It was no issue at all." Leena told him.

He went off and the two decided to go get something to eat, but before they could, Tyler felt movement in his arms. He looked down to see the egg was moving a bit.

"Leena! We got a miracle happening here!" He said moving to a bench and setting it down gently.

"Seriously?! I thought it would have taken longer to hatch!" She said sitting on the other side.

She watched as Tyler had his eyes closed, crossing his fingers.

"Dragon. Dragon. Dragon. Come on please." He said hoping for a dragon. "I'll take a Filolial though."

They waited and after a minute it cracked. Then a very tiny claw-like paw made a hole in the egg.

The thing took a while, but eventually managed to claw its way out. It poked its head out. Along with a somewhat long neck for something so small.

"Leena. Is that-"

"Tyler. I think that's a baby dragon." She confirmed.

They both just watched as it tore open the top of the egg and then it just looked at the two of them. It made a noise like a baby dragon would. At least that's what he assumed it was. Tyler never really met a dragon before.

It crawled out of the egg to show it's full size. A little bit bigger than the egg itself. It had dark green scales and four limbs as well as folded black wings on its back with a tail trailing behind it.

The small drake crawled over to Tyler and looked up at him.

Tyler picked it up gently so he didn't hurt it. It ended up escaping his grip and moved along his arm. It sat on his arm looking at him.

Leena was watching and could not believe how cute this tiny dragon was. It then licked Tyler's face and nuzzled into his face.

"Aww, he likes you already." She said watching this scene.

"I caught that. Uh, hey little buddy." He said as he put his hand put to reach for its head, the tiny drake moved its head up to his hand and just stayed there.

Tyler stood up and held it in his arms while petting it gently.

"This thing is adorable." He said plainly.

"I know. Just look at his little face. Hey little guy."

Leena carefully reached out to it and it licked her finger. She patted its head gently.

"So what do we name him?" She asked.

"Uh........... How about.......... Jarvis?"

"No."

"Sigma?"

"No."

".......... Wait I got it!" Leena said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Well, he's looks to be smaller than most baby dragons. So what about Pebble?" She suggested.

Tyler thought about that.

"Pebble.... Sounds like a good name. You alright with that name buddy? Does Pebble sound good?" He asked looking to the small drake on his arms.

It seemed happy with that. So that was going to be its name.

Suddenly a message popped up.

"Pebble added to the party." Tyler read. "Welcome to the party little guy. Might need to let you grow a bit to actually fight though."

Tyler handed him to Leena. She held him and he seemed happy. He seemed to like them both.

"That's the third part member then. Hopefully he can grow a bit before the wave. We have a few days before it anyway." Tyler said as he walked.

They kept walking around the town with Leena having way too much fun with Pebble. That's when they ran into a bit of trouble.

Motoyasu and the bitch Myne were making some sort of announcement.

"Oh great. What the fuck is she up to now?"

____________________________________________

Ok. That's done. I hope you guys like Pebble because he's here to stay. He won't be overpowered or fucking massive, but he'll be a big part of the team.

Anyway, gonna get moving. Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.4K 1.9K 31
so I've been into rising of the shield hero for a while now... a lot of things about it ALWAYS bugged me starting with the fact that the world functi...
213K 4.1K 34
(I DO NOT OWN THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO!) Lives Were Saved! Thanks To Y/N L/N, A Young Boy At The Age Of 17. He Had Done His Best To Save People...
Betrayal By Lila

Fanfiction

770 48 19
The Rising of the Shield Hero- Naofumi x Reader Reincarnating into a world very different from hers, Y/N has been thrust into the spotlight. Her and...
10.9K 399 28
While walking through the library looking for a good book to read, you find one that's torn and looks old. Pulling it from the shelf, you read about...