Sonic Forces: The Untold Story

By SuperScourge161

As many Sonic fans are aware, Sonic Forces didn't live up to our expectations. Barebones, linear gameplay, ov... More

Story Manual
Prologue
Episode Shadow
Acts 1-4
Acts 5-8
Acts 13-15
Acts 16-19
Acts 20 & 21
Final Boss
Epilogue

Acts 9-12

514 7 9
By SuperScourge161

While Classic Sonic and Tails continue their journey, another attack is launched on the city.

Amy: Eggman's army has broken through! They're in the city! We need to get these people out of here!

Knuckles: Who can we send? Sonic and Silver need time to heal.

Espio: We've engaged enemy forces at Seaside Hill. We can't spare anyone!

Soldier: This is the 8th Unit! We're pinned down under heavy enemy fire!

Buddy is nervous but then gains confidence.

Buddy: I...I'll do it!

Knuckles: Man, looks like I've got no choice. Okay, rookie, if you think you're up to it, I need you to head back to the city and save those civilians!

Buddy: Roger! *still nervous*

Sonic: Hey, don't worry. You'll do great out there.

Buddy looks in awe of Sonic, smiles at him, and heads out, and Act 9, Park Ave. begins. It's less of a copy of Sunset Heights this time around. After the rescue mission...

Knuckles: That was impressive, but we still have a lot to do!

Sonic: Great job! I knew you could do it if you believed in yourself!

Vector: Nice moves, but if you hog all the glory, how am I going to look good?

Buddy laughs nervously but smiles.

Rouge: Guys, the system is picking up a couple of strange readings. They're coming from the laboratory, the one where Sonic fought Infinite.

Silver: It's probably another of Eggman's robots.

Rouge: Life readings, two of them. Definitely not robots.

Knuckles: Hey rookie, go to the lab and check it out!

Buddy: Right, I'm on my way!

Buddy takes off and Rouge lets out a sigh, looking a little depressed. Sonic sees this and walks over to her.

Sonic: Hey. How are you holding up?

Rouge: I'm fine. I... *sigh* I always told him that I'd be by his side. That even if the whole world turned against him but...but not like this...and then Omega. Ya know... it's such a weird feeling.

Sonic: What is?

Rouge: Losing. We win so often that the one time we lose... it just feels different... wrong somehow.

Sonic: I know how you feel, but this isn't over. The Shadow I know may be stubborn and hardheaded, but I know he wouldn't let this happen. And if Omega's still out there, I know he's fighting the good fight. Whatever happens, I know we'll get them back.

Rouge nods and smiles.

Rouge: Yeah, thanks. Good to have you back to talk some sense into me, Big Blue.

Sonic smiles and gives her a thumbs up. Act 10, Aqua Road begins. While this is going on, Classic Sonic and Tails run through the Mystic Jungle searching for Sonic. (Act 11, it's not a casino this time, I never understood why it was.) After that, Buddy arrives at the lab and meets up with Classic Sonic and Tails.

Tails: Uh, have we met before?

Buddy: Aren't you... Tails? And uh... Mr. Sonic? You look... shorter.

Classic Sonic: Who you callin' Mister?

Tails: Wait, you know Sonic? Can you take us to him?

Buddy: Are you kidding? He's been dying to see you! Er-...poor choice of words. I mean uh he really misses you. Come with me, I'll take you to him.

All three enter the Resistance base. Sonic is talking to Amy and Silver.

Tails: S-SONIC?!

Sonic looks over his shoulder and sees Tails.

Amy and Silver: Tails?!

Sonic: Tails?! Little buddy!

They run and hug each other.

Amy: Aww!

Tails: Sonic! I was so worried. I thought you were gone. I...I...*starts crying*

Sonic: It's ok little bro, I'm here, I'm okay. I'm so sorry I made you worry.

Tails: *sniff* Don't worry about it. You're here now and that's what matters.

Sonic turns to Classic Sonic

Sonic: Hey, it's been generations since I've seen you. You okay?

Classic Sonic gives him a thumbs up and a smile.

Classic Sonic: You bet!

Silver: Wait a second, if you're here... how are you even here? Oh man, did I mess up the timeline, even more, when I came here?!

Tails: We think Eggman's weapon has something to do with this. 

Knuckles: You did say your future was all distorted and chaotic. Maybe that's what brought him here.

Tails: The good news is you're safe, Sonic. The bad news is Eggman said he has some plan that would destroy us all in three days! He said when the plan is completed, we'll all be wiped out!

Knuckles: I don't like the sound of that. Normally I'd just laugh at an Eggman plan, but he's already conquered most of the world so... What's this plan of his?

Vector: Hey, I hate to butt in on your important meeting, but we're under attack! Shadow is tearing through our troops! We need reinforcements!

Sonic: Shadow... The last time I saw him he was fighting for Eggman. That can't be it.

Knuckles: That doesn't make sense. Why would Shadow help the enemy?

Silver: Perhaps he's being controlled by that strange power?

Sonic: Whatever it is, I'll figure it out! Leave it to me. I'll track that faker down.

Sonic takes off into the city, as Act 12 Sunset Heights begins, and is significantly expanded upon. 

After Sunset Heights, Sonic finds Shadow in one of the streets.

Sonic: Alright Shadow, what's the deal?

The Phantom Shadow grunts and says nothing.

Sonic: Not talking eh? I guess I'll have to beat the answers outta you. Say something you fake hedgehog!

The Phantom Shadow causes a flash of red light and the phantom ruby sound effect triggers. Sonic opens his eyes and finds himself on Prison Island where he and Shadow first fought. Shadow is now in a defensive stance, glowing red.

Sonic: Well well Faker, I didn't think you were the sentimental type, but if this is what it takes to get you to talk then so be it!

Sonic charges at Shadow and a boss fight begins, in a similar style to their fight on the ARK. Sonic runs through Green Forest, being chased by the Phantom Shadow. You must dodge his attacks and wait for the right moment to strike back. Use quick steps to avoid his chaos spear and don't get hit by his Chaos Blast. 

Sonic defeats the fake Shadow, causing another flash of red light, sending them back to the city. The Phantom Shadow catches Sonic off guard and charges at him.

Music Insert:

Before he can attack, a dimensional rift appears in the sky. It begins to crack more and more until the real Shadow manages to break through using a Chaos Blast that knocks the fake Shadow back. He lands on the ground, unsure of his surroundings.

Sonic: What?!

The Phantom Shadow attacks the real Shadow

Shadow: Chaos Control!

He freezes time, the screen goes invert colors and he roundhouse kicks the fake Shadow out of the way, causing him to shatter.

Sonic: Shadow?... Is that really you?

Shadow: Ugh. Sonic? Is that you? What's going on?

Shadow takes a look at his surroundings, seeing the destroyed city surrounding him.

Shadow: What happened here?

Sonic: A year ago, Eggman created a monster that was able to take me down. He called himself Infinite. After that, he conquered most of the world.

Shadow: A year?! That last thing I remember I was fighting this jackal here... he called himself Infinite. Then I was dragged into this other dimension... but as far as I'm concerned, I was only there for a few hours.

Sonic: I'm more concerned about the fact that there were two of you just now. What's with that?

Shadow shakes his head, trying to come to his senses.

Shadow: That was a fake. An illusion.

Sonic: An illusion? I dunno, it felt pretty real to me.

Shadow: Did you notice anything unusual about the me you just fought?

Sonic: Yeah actually. It flashed red light and suddenly we were on Prison Island... just like when I fought Zavok on the Death Egg.

Shadow: Precisely. Eggman's new weapon is called the Phantom Ruby. 

Sonic: "Phantom Ruby"... why does that sound so familiar?

Shadow: It's a jewel that can create illusions that alter and change the reality of the person who is affected by them. It seems Infinite has this power as well and can create virtual reality projections. They have mass and form, but no heart and soul.

Sonic: Virtual reality? So all those familiar faces that were a part of Eggman's army...

Shadow: They're all just replicas. The problem is, they may not be real, but their powers are as formidable as the originals. Infinite can create unlimited numbers of them and enhance their power with the Ruby.

Sonic: So, fight after fight, he can just keep cranking up counterfeits?

Shadow: Not just that, it seems he can also alter his own reality and create pocket dimensions as well. The Phantom Ruby is unpredictable... Infinite managed to counter Chaos Control.

Sonic: And he managed to outrun me when we first fought.

Shadow: The Phantom Ruby is what's making him so powerful, he can just bend reality to his whim. There's no way we can beat him like this.

Sonic: We'll have to find some way to weaken the ruby. If we can do that, then the Resistance will have a fighting chance. C'mon, let's head back to the base and figure this out.

Shadow: Resistance?

Sonic: You've missed a lot, Shadow. I'll catch you up to speed on the way.

The two hedgehogs speed off to the resistance base. 

Continue to the next Act...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13 0 9
(Saga owns sonic and the other characters) (Courtney (project SNT) owns SNT) the only character who is original is Phantasm which is my creation, alt...
3.8K 160 34
(From the Sonic X series but also a mix of an AU) =====The characters of Sonic X series aren't mine, only my oc===== Dr. Eggman had been battling Son...
1.3K 28 15
Sypnosis: Long ago, in a far away land of Mobius, there were a group of kingdoms that are each ruled by a king and queen, and are united by an allian...
335 2 12
(DISCLAIMER: FIRST, THIS SONIC ADVENTURE 3 FANFICTION IS NOT ONLY INCREDIBLY LONG AND FLETCHED OUT, BUT IT ALSO IS MY OWN AU, SO ANY CHARACTER INTERA...