Sonic Forces: The Untold Story

By SuperScourge161

As many Sonic fans are aware, Sonic Forces didn't live up to our expectations. Barebones, linear gameplay, ov... More

Story Manual
Prologue
Episode Shadow
Acts 5-8
Acts 9-12
Acts 13-15
Acts 16-19
Acts 20 & 21
Final Boss
Epilogue

Acts 1-4

925 11 115
By SuperScourge161

Music Insert:

Act 1, Lost Valley begins. Like most of the levels in this rewrite, it's been revamped to be a longer and more expansive level. Sonic is running through the zone, destroying newly designed Moto-Bugs and Egg pawns, saving the animals inside.

Sonic: Huh. Seems to be a lot of these new robots. Eggman must be at it again. That creep just doesn't know when to quit, does he?

Tails: *on communicator, but with static interference* Sonic. Come in Sonic. Do you read me?

Sonic: Tails! That you? What's going on little buddy?

Tails: We've got a problem! *static* Eggman's forces- *static* reinforced super badniks- *static* -overrun! We're- *static* -need you here now!

Sonic: Just hang on! I'll take care of his troops here in Green Hill, and meet you at Sunset Heights. Over and out!

Tails: Wait Soni-! *more static until the line gets cut off*

Sonic: *sigh* Well, looks like it's time to go back to work.

Sonic runs through Green Hill and into the city. The level begins like normal Green Hill but as you progress through it, the zone appears to be more and more destroyed and overtaken by Eggman's forces.

Sonic: Woah, what happened to this place? Everything's all wrecked. Rgh! Looks like Eggman means business this time. Better get over that and stop him quick!

Act 1 ends as Sonic reaches Sunset Heights in Sunset City. (The city now has an actual name) Tails and some civilians are being backed into a corner by Eggman and several armed Egg Fighters and Egg Hammers. Tails had fought off several of them, but there is a surprising number of these badniks and they just keep coming.

Eggman: Aww what's the matter Tails? Too scared to fight without your buddy?

As the robots close in, Sonic rushes in and boosts through all of them.

Sonic: He won't have to!

Tails: Sonic!

Sonic: Is everyone okay?

Tails: We are thanks to you. Cutting kinda close though, pal.

Sonic: Yeah, that's pretty much how I roll. *turns to Eggman* Okay Doc, let's finish this!

Eggman: Oh, but it will be your finish Sonic. Behold the power of my ultimate masterpiece!

Sonic goes for a spin attacked but it's blocked by Shadow. He lands before Sonic and folds his arms, without saying a word

Sonic: Shadow? It's you? You're siding with Eggman?!

Zavok also appears and lands before him, followed by Metal Sonic and Chaos 0.

Sonic: Zavok?! Metal! Chaos?!

Just then, Infinite slowly descends before him.

Sonic: Who's this joker?

Sonic grins and boosts at him but Infinite quicksteps. He goes to attack again but Infinite keeps dodging. Sonic is in awe that Infinite could dodge him.

Tails: W-What?! No way. Is this guy... FASTER THAN SONIC?! Wait, what's that energy spike? I gotta scan him and figure out what's going on.

Sonic and Infinite duke it out, Infinite mainly winning with the others taking part in the battle.

Sonic: Shadow! Chaos! What's wrong with you guys?

They say nothing as Sonic takes a hit.

Sonic: Ugh! What are you? How are you-!

Sonic gets hit again and is slammed onto the ground.

Sonic: Tails, I need to know what's going on with this guy! FAST!

Tails: I-I'm trying Sonic but these readings are off the charts! They're not making any sense!

Sonic continues to get beaten up by Infinite and his cronies until he gets slammed into the ground.

Infinite: Yield now, and this will be over soon. It's pointless to keep fighting either way.

Sonic: Ok...*panting* I don't know who you are, but I'm done playing around.

At that moment, Sonic summons the Chaos Emeralds and transforms into Super Sonic, exploding with power.

Super Sonic: Let's see how tough you are now!

Music Insert:

A Super Sonic vs Infinite Boss Battle begins. The battle is very cinematic and extremely combat-focused, rather than speed, similar to the Zavok Fight. 

You must dodge Infinite's attacks, but they are extremely fast and powerful. You start out with 100 rings and the battle does not end until you are deprived of your ring energy. You can try to knock around Infinite but when his health bar decreases he's able to alter reality and replenish health.

Infinite delivers the final blow to Sonic, knocking him down hard and out of his Super Form, almost in a similar manner to how Knuckles knocked the emeralds out of him in Sonic 3. 

Infinite attempts to grab the Chaos Emeralds, but the Phantom Ruby causes them to float in the air and warp away in a flash of light. Sonic blacks out, lying on the ground, defeated.

Tails: SONIC!

Infinite: Pitiful. I was told that golden transformation of yours would be more of a challenge. I'm thoroughly disappointed. 

Eggman laughs maniacally as Zavok grabs Sonic and throws him over his shoulder.

Tails: He... he just... beat Super Sonic...

Tails and Infinite's eyes then lock as Tails suddenly shudders in fear.

Infinite: *stares down Tails* You're next.

Tails and the other civilians begin panicking.

Eggman: Get 'em.

As Eggman's forces close in on them, the citizens are protected by a bright teal light.

Silver: Get back!

Tails: S-Silver? What are you-!

Silver: I can't hold them off forever, Tails! You need to get everybody outta here now!

Tails: B-But Sonic-!

Silver's barrier breaks and he begins attacking Eggman's forces.

Silver: Get him out of here, GO!

Citizen 1: Come on, Tails. *pulling Tails*

Tails: *crying* Sonic! SONIC! SOOOOOONIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!

As Tails is taken away, the scene goes quiet as Eggman's forces begin to overrun the city, and all goes silent. Tails is taken away from the fight while Silver does his best to fend off Infinite and the others. He can't defeat them and must retreat. We see Tails contact Knuckles and Amy and tells them the tragic news. Knuckles immediately puts Angel Island on lock-down, while Amy finds Vanilla and Cream, instructing Gemerl to guard the two of them with his life. More and more robots start to overrun cities across the world, being led by Metal Sonic, Shadow, Chaos, Zavok, and Infinite as Eggman watches from above, laughing maniacally as his one wish to conquer the world is finally coming to be. 

About a year goes by and at this time, Eggman has conquered most of the world. Whole countries are now overrun with Badniks and Super Badniks. Most cities and towns are abandoned and in ruin, as most civilians either fled their homes, were captured and put to work in Eggman's factories, or perished altogether. New of Sonic's demise quickly spread across the globe as everyone mourned their fallen hero. Statues and monuments and murals were made in his honor. 

In the time that Sonic was pronounced dead, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Silver (his future has been corrupted and distorted by some unknown power, so he traveled back to the past and save his future), and the Chaotix have formed a rag-tag resistance team to combat Eggman and bring his reign to an end. Knuckles' home on Angel Island was destroyed by Infinite and Eggman's forces. After losing his home and his best friends, he decides to step up and lead the Resistance.

Tails went off on his own, traumatized after losing his best friend and brother and blaming himself for his defeat. Nobody has seen or heard from Shadow or Omega in the last 6 months, not even Rouge. Shadow is believed to have turned traitor, becoming a priority target for GUN. Things may seem grim now, but a new recruit is about the join the resistance and change the tide of the war.

Vector enters, a hand to his forehead in disbelief. Charmy, Espio, Amy Rose, and Silver are already gathered here.

Vector: Eggman's army is unstoppable! Without Sonic, the people are losing hope and giving into despair.

Silver: Despair is a luxury we don't have.

Amy: *teary-eyed* Sonic... I'm sorry. I wish I had been there to help you. I wish you were still with us.

Silver: You can't blame yourself, Amy. Nobody saw Eggman's attack coming, and nobody has been able to take down that...that thing. Still, we've gotta face the facts; Sonic is gone. Shadow's become the enemy. And Tails is... Tails has just lost it. If we're going to win we have to do it without them.

Espio: Silver is right. We've been fighting for over a year now. We need to make a power move and end this war before it's too late.

Silver: Eggman's army has everyone terrified. If we want people to rally, we have to show them to stand tall, even against a threat like this.

Charmy: Not everyone is terrified. Isn't a new recruit joining us today?

Silver: Yes, a survivor from the city, right?

Amy: I'll access the file now...

Vector: *sighs* And still no sign of the Chaos Emeralds anywhere? Those would be pretty useful right about now.

Silver: We've looked high and low, all across the globe, but found nothing. It's like they just vanished without a trace. 

Amy: We've tried seeing if Cream and Cheese or any other Chao could track them down but no luck. The last time anybody had seen or used them was when Sonic...

Everyone goes silent for a minute, reflecting on how Eggman's weapon was even a match for the likes of Super Sonic, filling them all with grief and dread.

Silver: ... Anyway, the good news is Eggman doesn't have them either. If he did, no doubt he'd be using them against us, but this power... it's different. For now, we'll have to push on without those as well.

Espio: What about the Master Emerald?

Amy: Out of the question. Knuckles has it on total lockdown, hidden somewhere on Angel Island. He secured its location the moment we heard Sonic was...*gets teary-eyed but shakes it off* Anyway, let me bring up that file now.

You can customize the avatar now, but for the sake of this rewrite, the avatar will be known as Buddy the Wolf, the "canon" one from all the trailers. For the sake of this rewrite, the Avatar can speak.

Everyone turns their attention to the main monitor as Amy brings up the new recruit's file as Knuckles walks in.

Silver: Knuckles! What's the sitrep Commander?

Knuckles: Happy to see you're all still alive. Eggman's forces have chewed through our defenses at Green Hill. And the resistance in the city is reporting that whatever it is that finished Sonic... *Sees everyone sad* Sorry, I'm still not used to saying that. Whatever it is has got then running in fear.

Just then, Buddy enters the room, looking a bit nervous.

Knuckles: All except for this brave kid who survived the battle and made it here in one piece. Meet our newest recruit.

Knuckles pats Buddy on the back, causing him to grunt as they stumble forward from it.

Buddy: H-Hey. I'm Buddy. Buddy the Wolf.

Charmy buzzes over to look them over.

Charmy: Hmm... Doesn't look like much.

Buddy: Hey!

Knuckles: Neither do you Charmy, but I still managed to find a use for your pointy butt.

Charmy: Teehee!

Knuckles gives Buddy a Burst Wispon. Knuckles: Here kid. Take this, it's a Wispon powered by creatures called wisps.

A burst wisp pops out of it and flies around Buddy.

Buddy: Heh, he's cute!

Knuckles: Ok, let's get going everybody. The world's not going to save itself.

Everyone nods. Meanwhile, Tails is back in the city, sad and alone. He finds Omega who looks battle-damaged and nearly destroyed. He attempts to fix the broken robot but he can't seem to get Omega to come online again.

Tails: Hmm... That should have done it... *sigh* I couldn't figure it out for you buddy. I'm sorry, I wasn't smart enough. I haven't been much use to anyone lately...

Tails takes a seat next to the busted down Omega to rest. He looks around and recognizes that he's in the same place where Sonic was defeated. 

Tails: Whaddya know? It's ground zero. 

Now resting here is a large statue, built in Sonic's honor to commemorate the world's fallen hero. 

Tails walks over to it and sees several flowers, gifts, thank you notes, and other tokens of appreciation to their hero left at the bottom of the statue. On the base is an inscription saying "In loving memory of Sonic the Hedgehog, fastest thing alive, righter of wrongs, eater of chilidogs, and hero the world over. Here's to hoping you're still out there somewhere. The world needs you now more than ever."

Tails: *to Omega* This is where Sonic... it's where we lost him... it was all my fault. I didn't jump in to help him. I dunno why, I just... I just froze. Sonic had been going on his own adventures. Like when the planet broke apart, or on Eggman's space amusement part, and then on the Lost Hex. He hadn't needed my help for a long time and... I guess we got too lax. *sigh* Even still, I thought I was finally ready to be my own hero and have my own adventures, but I guess I was wrong. Sonic's always the one who saves the day no matter what, and then the one time he loses we all lose. Big time. If I'd just jumped in there and done... SOMETHING maybe he'd still be here. I guess when you look at it that way, it's all my fault. I know Sonic wouldn't like me thinking like that but there's no denying it. Sonic lost because of me. We all lost because of me.

Omega:.......

Tails: Right. You're busted. Heh, and I called Sonic weird for talking to dead robots. Thanks for listening anyways big guy. *yawns and stretches* Think I'll rest up here now. Good a place as any. Well, good night, buddy.

Tails makes himself as comfortable as he can, wrapping his tails around him like a blanket, before getting ready to take a quick nap. Suddenly, he's woken up when Chaos appears from a manhole and prepares to attack Tails.

Tails: Huh? Whoa, Chaos!

Tails gets up into a battle stance but then gets flashbacks to Sonic's defeat and freezes up. He quickly lets his guard down and begins backing away before cowering in fear.

Tails: Sonic, help me!!

Chaos attempts to grab Tails when a portal appears in the sky, from which Classic Sonic appears, curls into a ball, and attacks Chaos, before landing in front of Tails. Tails opens his eyes and looks over at his savior.

Tails: S-Sonic. You're alive!

He goes to hug his long-lost friend but realizes it's not his Sonic.

Tails: Wait what?!

Classic Sonic: Tails? Is that you Lil' buddy? You look...taller.

Tails:...Oh! You're that Sonic from the past! Remember when you met your future self and me and we beat the Time Eater?

Classic Sonic: Oh yeah! How've you been buddy? Say, where is the older me?

Tails: *gets sad* Well.... Ah! Look out!

Chaos reforms and lets out a roar.

Classic Sonic: Oh yeah! This'll be fun.

A Chaos 0 boss fight begins. There's a mod for it so you can just watch the fight here. 

Classic Sonic fights and defeats Chaos in his zero form, who is shattered into red fragments.

Classic Sonic: You okay, Lil bro?

Tails: Yeah, I think so. Anyway, do you know how you got here?

Classic Sonic: Beats me. I was just fighting Robuttnik when some weird portal opened up and sent me here.

Tails: Hmm, maybe the power that Eggman's been using is somehow affecting the past and different timelines. I guess that explains how Silver showed up all of the sudden. Look Sonic, we need to save the world. Maybe if you help us stop Eggman now, we can find a way to send you back home. Whaddya say?

Classic Sonic: You know I'd never miss a Robuttnik, kick'n! Let's go crack ol' Eggbelly wide open!

At this point, Act 2 Ghost Town begins and plays similarly to how the actual level goes.

Flashback to a few months ago; The Resistance troopers are fighting against Infinite but to no avail. None of their shots seem to affect him as he gazes down at them with amusement as they keep blasting in futility.

Infinite: There is no reason to resist. Your pathetic savior is no more.

He unleashes a beam and quickly defeats the troopers as he sweeps it across their line of defense. The troopers scream as they are annihilated, knocked over onto their backs, and rendered unconscious. Buddy is seen scared, hiding behind some rubble, when a Wispon lands near them. Buddy picks it up and attempts to shoot, but, trembling and too scared to get a steady shot.

Infinite: I can taste your terror, child. All that anxiety and doubt... It's okay...soon it will all be over.

Infinite fires a shot that lands in front of Buddy's feet, causing them to fall to the ground, dropping his Wispon. Infinite laughs evilly as Buddy looks on in worry. He can barely stand as he is paralyzed by fear. Buddy takes off running the other way.

Infinite: Fight. Run. It doesn't matter what you do. When I'm done, this world will be cleansed.

The flashback ends and Act 3 Spaceport, Chemical Plant begins: the resistance is heading into the Chemical Plant in order to grab a shuttle for a rescue mission. They plan to break out everyone being held captive on the Death Egg. Buddy is running through the plant to cause a distraction while the others go for a shuttle.

Espio: *on communicator* Espio here. My teams engaged the enemy in the orbital tunnel. I think we can hold them off for no- No WAIT! Watch out! The masked one's here. The monster that took down Sonic...

Vector: *on communicator* Stay focused Rookie, we're off to find a shuttle.

Buddy: Guys I'm not sure I can do this.

Knuckles: *on communicator* Don't doubt yourself, that's what Eggman wants. I know you can get through this.

Buddy: R-Right. Over and out. *to himself* C'mon Buddy, everybody's counting on you.

The level plays out like normal, as Buddy runs through the Spaceport, destroying robots and dodging obstacles.

Silver: *on communicator* Let's head in while Espio keeps them busy.

Amy: *on communicator* All quiet at the launch pad for now. Grab a shuttle before they sound the alert.

Buddy: Roger that.

Vector: *on communicator* Perfect, they won't mind if we BORROW this for a while.

Knuckles: *on communicator* Good work guys. Hurry it up, Rookie. Get outta there as soon as everyone's on board. Step on it!

Buddy: Yes sir!

Buddy keeps running until he reaches the shuttle. The level ends when you reach the shuttle. Once everybody is on board, the shuttle takes off for the Death Egg to free all of the captured prisoners. Act 4 Prison Hall begins.

Knuckles: Ok our spy says the prisoners are being held in the orbital tunnel. Listen up Rookie, our other forces will be busy dealing with enemies while we meet up with Rouge. You'll take the quicker route, find the prisoners and bust 'em out.

Buddy: Roger that Commander!

Buddy takes off through Prison Hall.

Rouge: *on communicator* H-Hello does anybody read me?

Knuckles: *on communicator* We read you Rouge, what's up?

Rouge: *on communicator* The prisoners are being held in a kind of internment facility. Security's tight, so stay on your toes.

Knuckles: *on communicator* We're already on it Rouge. One of our recruits is on the way now. The Chaotix and I will rondevu with you by the Shuttle.

Rouge: *on communicator* That's not all, I have intel that-*radio cuts in and out*-is alive he's-*radio cuts out*

Buddy: What was that? Come again?

Buddy has gone too deep into the Death Egg and the radio frequency has diminished. Buddy can now only hear static but continues his mission. He finally reaches the prison and lets everyone out, but cutting off the power. However, this also causes an alarm to go off as he reaches the end of the level.

Meanwhile, in another part of the Death Egg, Sonic is in a cell, his hands, and feet restrained by light cuffs attached to a wall. For over a year, he's been held there with minimal food and water. Eggman would occasionally pass by the hall every so often to taunt Sonic. Infinite would also pass by Sonic every so often, using his powers to give Sonic nightmares in an attempt to break him. Sonic's dreamed of his own death, his friends' deaths, a universe where Knuckles was ripped and had fingers, and one really bizarre dream where he had blue arms, small eyes, and an extremely human physique. Nonetheless, Sonic has done his best to stay strong. He tries to break free but gets a static shock from his cuffs. Zavok opens the door to escort Sonic to his execution.

Zavok: This is the end, Sonic.

Sonic: *Sarcastically* Oh hey, sounds like the party's started. Want to let me go and join in?

Zavok: Hardly. Your annoying friends have been causing us trouble.

Sonic: Why are you guys even helping Eggman? Metal, I can understand but Shadow and Chaos? And what about you? You hate Eggman.

Zavok:...

Sonic: Remember? He tried to conquer both our worlds? He controlled you and your buddies with that conch shell thing? He made you capture animals and stuff them into robots?

Zavok:...

Sonic: None of that rings a bell? Your skull must be thicker than your horns.

Zavok: SHUT UP!

Zavok clicks a button that causes Sonic's shackles to electrocute him, as he groans in pain. Eggman and his cronies would often come and torment him like this.

Zavok: I don't have time for your nonsense. The Doctor has ordered me to finish you off once and for all. Soon you'll be out of our hair. This is where your story ends, Hedgehog. *evil chuckle*

The power goes out shortly before recovering as the alarm rings, surprising Sonic, before his cuffs come off, freeing him. He drops to the ground, doing some stretches and making a fist.

Sonic: Oh, wow. The end, huh? Let's see you try something now that I'm free.

Zavok: Foolish hedgehog. Getting out of your chains does not make you free. Now come and face the inevitable!

Zavok tries to grab Sonic, but he dashes out of his cell and kicks him in the head.

Sonic: The only thing inevitable here is my foot kicking your butt. It's payback time Zavok!

Zavok charges forward and Sonic dodges before chasing after him. A Sonic vs Zavok Boss Battle Begins. Zavok fights with upgraded versions of his Dragon Mechs from Lost World. Sonic must dodge Zavok's attacks, and run across his Dragon Mechs to strike back. The fight is very arena-based, but Sonic still retains his speed.

Continue to the next Act...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510 24 6
This is just some thoughts of mine on what I would want in a Sonic game. You are free to share your thoughts as well. Just don't argue, ok?
335 2 12
(DISCLAIMER: FIRST, THIS SONIC ADVENTURE 3 FANFICTION IS NOT ONLY INCREDIBLY LONG AND FLETCHED OUT, BUT IT ALSO IS MY OWN AU, SO ANY CHARACTER INTERA...
9.7K 227 30
Months after the Sonic Forces war, Team Sonic comes to realize that their enemy has not yet been fully neutralized. Knowing Infinite the jackal stil...
61.8K 1.9K 37
So... IDK what this is but its something. I love this fox boy and decided to create this. Its more of a passion project if anything but I hope whoeve...