Catch, Curse, Release (Immort...

Par WendyWrites

Lori Mayer is failing out of law school (again), her boyfriend just ran off with her best study partner (she... Plus

Hello Dear Reader (A Note from Desmond)
Chapter One: Beware of Immortal Toasts
Chapter Two: The New Exhibit
Chapter Three: Fish in a Barrel
Chapter Four: View From the Wall
Chapter Five: The Archway
Chapter Six: The Invitation
Chapter Seven: An Unlikely Pep Talk
Chapter Eight: An Immortal Introduction
Chapter Nine: Checks and Challenges
Chapter Ten: Rock of Ages
Chapter Eleven: Wine and the Moon
Chapter Twelve: Momma Said Knock You Out
Chapter Thirteen: Pride on the Line
Chapter Fourteen: Medieval Dance Party
Chapter Fifteen: Late Night Snacking
Chapter Sixteen: Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire
Chapter Seventeen: Hard Truths all Around
Chapter Eighteen: Varick's Law
Chapter Nineteen: Be Mindful of Wolves
Chapter Twenty: Cool as Ice
Chapter Twenty-One: Dinner and a Show
Chapter Twenty-Two: Show of Power
Chapter Twenty-Three: Strip Speed Chess Anyone?
Chapter Twenty-Four: Winners and Losers
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Morning After
Chapter Twenty-Six: Wolf in Headlights
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Wolf on Trial
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A New View
Chapter Thirty: Walls Come Tumbling Down
Chapter Thirty-One: Laws and Men
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter Thirty-Three: Who Invited You?
Chapter Thirty-Four: Battle Hard
Chapter Thirty-Five: Of Wolves and Men
Chapter Thirty-Six: Decision Time
Epilogue
A Final Note from Des

Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Steamy Seduction

36.1K 1.7K 98
Par WendyWrites

A Steamy Seduction

Lori stepped into the shower, the sight of the night sky among the glow of the tiles raising goosebumps on her arms. It was even more breathtaking than she’d imagined. She'd grabbed one of the lanterns but now realized it was unnecessary, the bathroom had plenty of light filtering in through the skylight. Leaving the lantern just outside the door on one of the side tables in Eric’s bedroom, she made her way back inside the shower room.

Feeling a nervous excitement settle low in her belly, Lori walked to the shower knobs and turned one to the right. Nothing happened. She turned it in the opposite direction. Instantly half of the wolves heads hissed as a fine spray streamed out of their open mouths. She stuck her hand into the mist testing the feel of it.

The water was perfect.

Lori was hesitant to turn the other knob but decided to see what it did. When she turned it the right way, the remaining shower heads started up.

The knobs weren’t temperature controls like what she had in her own bathroom, they controlled how many heads were activated within the shower room. Deciding to indulge this first time, she left all the sprays on as she squirmed out of her gown. She walked back to the door and tossed her dress outside so it wouldn’t get wet and shut the door, trapping in all the steam.

Lori crossed the floor and stood in the center of the spray, feeling the water hit every inch of her body as the steam rose all around her. She looked up, the stars in the sky the only witness to her pleasure. It seemed fitting.

Sighing, she took the pins out of her hair, letting her dark waves cascade down her back. She walked up to the wall of wolf heads where she’d noticed several spaces embedded within the tiles, most filled with different sized bars. She placed her hair pins in one empty space and recognized the same soap from her bathroom right beside it. Lori grabbed the barsoap and walked back towards the center of the mist. She methodically soaped up her arms, running her hands up across her shoulder and over one side of her neck, repeating the process on the other side.

Lori ran the bar across each breast, down her stomach and across the side of her torso. She was just about to bend over and start on her legs when she felt two strong hands grab her by the waist and pull her back into a hard, naked body she’d recognize anywhere.

She leaned back into Eric, his breath coming hard and fast in her right ear.

“You sound like you’ve been running a marathon,” she teased.

“You have no idea how fast a man can run when he senses his wife take off her clothing,” he groaned. Rubbing her soapy, slick body against him, the feel of it sending chills down his spine.

Lori laughed as she imagined the fierce immortal king running up the stairs, knocking into innocent bystanders as he made for his chambers like a bat out of hell.

“Aye, ‘twas much like it, ‘cept with more casualties along the way,” Eric whispered, kissing her neck before turning her around so she was facing him. He looked into her eyes, his fully dark with his desire. “I have imagined us in this room many a time, lass.”

"I’ve only been here five days.”

“Aye, five days of the same fantasy. ‘tis enough to torture a man to death.”

“Oh yeah? How about an immortal?” she asked her voice no more than a breathless whisper.

"Aye, him too," he agreed.  

Lori looked up at Eric; his hair was still pulled back from his gorgeous face. How she longed to free it.

One side of Eric's mouth curled up in a wicked smile before he used one hand to deftly remove the queue holding his long hair back.

“Do you know everything I'm thinking?” she asked, wetting her lips nervously.

“Aye,” he whispered, giving her a sly wink. “You’ve yet to learn how to shield your thoughts from me, Lori.”

“Oh…I see,” she nodded then thought really, really hard.

She heard Eric’s sharp intake of breath as he gripped her tighter. “You, my lady, have a vivid and entirely wanton imagination,” he could barely get the words out.

Lori smiled as she ran her hands across his wet shoulders and then trailed them down his wet chest, luxuriating in the feel of all his naked flesh.

“I could stop if you prefer?” she offered generously.

 “Stop?” he asked incredulous, “but you havena even started, lass,” Eric protested.

She laughed a deep throaty sound that echoed off the tiles. “Guess, I’ll have to fix that, then.”

Eric stared into her eyes, his own growing so dark she couldn’t see his pupils anymore. “My lady, I shall forever be in your debt.”

Lori gave him one last smile as she slowly knelt before him, her hands running down the full length of his hard body. The water misted around them as she leaned in close, acting out her last wanton thought.

Eric cursed as she took him in her mouth, the sound echoing off the tiles around them.   

*           *           *

One hot and steamy shower later, Eric carried his new wife over his shoulder, still wet and dripping, and threw her on the bed.

"Doona move, lass,” he ordered as he strode out of the bedroom naked. Lori propped herself up on her elbows as she watched Eric cross his living room and scoop up the tray Bertie had delivered hours earlier.

He brought the food tray back into the bedroom, setting it in the middle of the bed. He uncovered the large tray while giving her a stern look, “You still havena eaten anythin', Lori. I mean to rectify the matter immediately.”

It was true; she was hungry but hadn’t bothered to eat just yet though she wasn’t doing it on purpose. First she’d been so tried she’d just fallen asleep for hours without even trying. When she’d finally woken up, she’d had a weird mind-to-mind conversation with Eric and then decided on a quick shower before he came back. It wasn’t exactly her fault Eric had crashed her shower, causing them to spend a ridiculous amount of time in there.

After she’d rocked his world, Eric had scooped her up and returned the favor as he stretched her out on his wooden bench. When the preliminaries were out of the way, he’d spent the rest of the time loving her against the shower wall, turning her in various positions until her legs couldn’t hold her up any longer. Thinking he’d have a little mercy on her, Lori told him she couldn’t stand anymore. Eric had simply scooped her up, wrapped her legs around his waist and did all the standing for the both of them. When they’d climaxed as one, he’d finally given her a reprieve, throwing her over his shoulder and turning off the water before heading back into his bedroom.

“Well, I have been a little busy,” she pointed out.

Eric stared at Lori across the bed, “Aye, but you will need your strength this night, my lady.”

Her eyes moved across his naked form and realized he was ready for her once more.

“You may be right about that,” she acquiesced and reached for a platter of hard cheese, sweet rolls, and fresh fruit.

Just as she was about to offer Eric a piece of fruit, there was a quick round of knocking on the chamber door.

“Stay here, lass. Eat,” Eric ordered though his smile was warm and content as he jumped off the bed and crossed the room.

He closed the bedroom door, but not all the way, leaving a small crack open. Lori bit into a sweet bun as she listened. She heard him cross the room and call out to the person on the other side of the bedroom door,

“Someone better be dead or dyin’. I told you I didna care to be disturbed tonight.”

“Well, if you werena shieldin’ your thoughts in the first place, I wouldna have to disturb you in the second place!” 

Eric cursed as she heard him throw open his chamber door and Aiden’s amused voice flowed into the living room, “You just about knocked down half the guard tellin’ them not to bother you,” he teased, then cursed as he realized Eric wasn’t wearing any clothes.

Again.

Lori could just picture Eric crossing his arms over his chest as Aiden looked away, “Gods, man! Canna you find somethin' to throw over that thing?”

"Nay, you willna be stayin’ long enough for it to matter. What is it?” Eric demanded.

“The last scout just returned.”

“Aye, his report then?”

“The Fenrir didna stay on course to their lands. They headed due south.”

“How far south?”

“Skoll territory south, cousin.”

“You think Randor means to join Lord Oren among the Skoll, then?”

“Aye, I do.”

“Well, let us see how powerful my bindin’ works on the Fenrir.” Eric sighed, “Prepare the men. I doona think it will take overlong for another visit from the Fenrir, this time with the Skoll joinin' them."

"Aye, my lord."

"And dispatch a messenger to Nightfall as well.”

“Nightfall?” Aiden’s shock was clear, “Eric, are you sure?” he asked.

“Aye, tell them if the Fenrir decide to move against Wolfgard, we will consider an alliance against our mutual enemy.”

“But vampires are not exactly the most honorable creatures, cousin. They are selfish and self-serving and....”

“As are the Fenrir and their brother clan, the Skoll, but unlike the wolves, vampires doona wish to destroy all who cross their lands. We will safeguard our lands with a true ally. Nightfall has no wish to claim Wolfgard territory and they need us if they are to survive against the Fenrir. They are not as formidable as they once were, cousin. Their numbers dwindle. They can only pick at the Fenrir in small, covert attacks. They doona have the force to stand and fight a true battle out in the open. Send Viktor, he will hold fast in the face of death.”

“It is done, cousin.”

“Now, get out!” Eric ordered. Lori heard sounds of a struggle.

“Ouch! Alright, alright...I only thought to say hello to Lori while I was here. You doona need to push, cousin!” she heard Aiden laugh a second before a door slammed hard enough to make her jump a little.

Lori quickly ate the rest of her roll, reaching for a piece of a fruit that resembled a pear but when she bit into it, tasted just like a peach. Eric came inside the room and shut the door behind him as she chewed.

“Best you eat a little faster, Lori. My patience has worn thin,” he warned.

She smiled and tossed the fruit back on the tray, wiping her hands and the side of her mouth with the small napkin Bertie kindly provided. "I’m good for now.”

“You havena eaten nearly enough, lass,” he replied, his eyes taking stock of the food tray.

"Yes, I have.” Lori’s eyes roamed over the warrior in front of her. Eating was the last thing she wanted to do. “Come on then, let’s see what you’re made of Lord Eric McKenna,” she challenged.

Lori never saw Eric move across the room, only felt his body land on top of hers, as they rolled to the far side of the enormous bed.

His voice whispered in her ear, “Doona challenge an immortal, my lady. He will move the verra ground you stand upon to prove his worth.”

“Then I suggest you get started, my lord,” she whispered back.

“Aye, my lady, as you wish,” he said doing just that.  

Lori was unable to form another coherent sentence for a long, long time.  

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

140K 7.2K 48
| C O M P L E T E | In a world ruled by the vampires, Devin Wells is forced to go to work for them when she turns 18, just like her whole family and...
3M 61.6K 30
Donovan Moore is the Alpha of the Sirius Pack. He's dark, reserved, rather blunt and dangerous-looking, even for the members of his own pack, who dem...
23.2K 543 28
"Life will never get easier..." That's something Evan has always thought. For years he's been bullied at school, abused at home by his older brother...
2.6M 31.3K 42
Morgan Stone is a normal 23 year old. Or so she thinks. After a year of not hearing from her older sister Julia aka Jules, Morgan is off to Miami for...