Until 27 || 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐦𝐚 𝐒𝐡𝐮...

By Sodawn

ーUntil 27 || H. Shuji "I've kept searching for a hundred answers: why? Why did she ever wanna live until 27?"... More

Note
Playlist
Epigraph
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
ーUntil 27
ーAcknowledgement

18

330 9 0
By Sodawn

−2 months ago

Running away is as easy as they say. Coming back, on the other hand, is harder.

Even if you know your way home, returning is not something a lost man would do. The exact words were imprinted on the man's thoughts as he sat down inside the cold white-colored room.

It was two months after the accident, and she still hadn't woken up. He was filled with worry and fear as he waited for her eyes to open.

Hanma strongly believed that running away was easier than returning home to Japan. He knew that if he stepped his foot again in the country, the next place that he would take his vacation would be in the afterlife.

He just felt like it after hiding for the past two months Takeomi's message never left his mind. The odd man never contacted him after his last message to leave the country.

Somehow he doesn't know what to believe, "Is Takeomi lying to me? But why would he even contact me if he's lying.." Hanma sighed in confusion and messed his hair.

He doesn't know anymore what to do after the last message, He did try to contact Takeomi, but it's no use. Hanma knows that Takeomi wouldn't use his personal number. After all, he's hiding right now in the sight of Ryo Minato.

There is nothing to lose if he follows Takeomi's advice to go into hiding. His pride didn't even fight with him; he knew that as long as he was with Y/n. he had to do everything to keep her safe again.

Hanma stood up and grabbed his coat from the table. Before leaving the room, he looked over at you again. She is peacefully sleeping as if she's a little girl dreaming a long dream.

Grabbing the silver doorknob and twisting it open, he stepped out of your room to get air.

Who knows how long he is out, but leaving you alone inside that room terrifies him. He didn't have any of his men to guard you. Personally, just himself was enough to be with you.

But there's nothing to be afraid of the both of you are out of Japan. He can freely leave your room, though not for long because he still thinks you might wake up without him.

Hanma thought of the rooftop as the place to think for a while; the nostalgia hit him. The place where he first met you.

He climbed the stairs and opened the heavy door with an "authorized personnel only" sign.

The cold air hugged his coat and brushed his messy hair. He walked towards the rusty grills of the hospital and reached for his pockets.

After grabbing the familiar box that fits nicely in his hands, the next thing that went out of his pocket was a lighter.

One stick of cigarette to his lips, covering it as he lit the end. He was inhaling the smoke down to his throat and releasing it back into the air.

The thing went on and on until he was on his third cigarette, and when he was about to light it, he heard a footstep from his behind.

"So this is where you're hiding, Hanma Shuji." A deep familiar voice said, followed by another pair of footsteps.

Hanma then continued to light his cigarette and offered one to the man at his back.

"No thanks, I don't smoke anymore." The man who declined his offer was an old face.

Haitani Ran, with his casual clothes, and Rindou, who was walking behind him with arms on the back of his head.

"That's a surprise, Ran. Since when did you stop smoking?" Hanma jokingly asked the purple-haired man next to him.

"Not so long ago, anyway. How are you and your wife?" Ran replied and looked back at the slow walker Rindou.

"Fine, I guess, she's still in a coma, but her condition is stable. So did Takeomi send you here?" Hanma asked while staring at the dark clouds. It's about to rain.

"It's not Takeomi, just us," Rindou answered him and asked for a cigarette.

He handed one to Rin together with his lighter. "What brings you here then?" Another question popped up to his lips as the smoke came out.

"Just what Takeomi said, an apology. It took us a while to safely find the two of you without being followed by Ryo's men." Ran the older one explained.

"Apology accepted. Also, it's not supposed to be the two of you who need to say that. It should be Haruchiyo." Hanma said.

"I know that's why we are after Sanzu, but I believe he's with Minato right now, as per Mikey's theory." Rindou then spoke after lighting his cigarette.

"Sanzu Haruchiyo is a wanted man in Japan right now, Hanma. I bet you're more than happy. Still, we made a decision that we have to find him first before the stupid police do." Rindou continued his words as he puffed the cigarettes, with Ran being annoyed with him.

"I do not smoke anymore, but with the two of your dirty mouths releasing smoke, then it's useless for me to be healthy while I'm inhaling that." Ran complained and grabbed the box of cigarettes from Hanma and lit himself one.

The two men chuckled in Ran's annoyance, and when the sky turned darker than yesterday when the droplets cried to the floor, the cigs stopped burning, and so was their conversation who got ruined by the rain.

"Let us head back inside and talk there. Perhaps I deserve more explanation aside from Haruchiyo's movement," Hanma called the two other men behind him before the rain started to feel heavy.

The three of them left the wet rooftop, and the whole building was filled with the cry of the heavens.

Footsteps and conversations can be heard while they walk back to the room of Y/n. Hanma opened the door for the twins and let them inside.

"Take a seat." He offered the two men in front of him as he sat next to your bed.

"It's been two months, and she's still sleeping,"  Rindou said and grabbed a chair. His chin is resting on his right palm while Ran is sitting across the room.

"So about our conversation earlier. Mikey's theory is that Sanzu is with Minato. That's why it's quite a tough place to infiltrate." Ran started the conversation again. He crossed his legs and stared at the window.

Watching the rainfall to the glass, the wind that blew the trees and started the cold air, the speckle of thunder in a distant place.

"Which is why you should talk to Mikey first if you want the full information." When Ran was about to open his mouth again, Rindou cut him off.

"Hey, that was mean. C'mon, we took a long time to get here. At least tell Hanma our real plan." Ran let out a loud tch' sound from his mouth and gave Rin a stare.

Rindou raised both of his hands as a sign of defeat and signaled his brother to continue, "As I was saying, I think you should join us. We have to know Haruchiyo's plan and also extra protection for your wife." Ran cleared his throat and stood up, walking towards the window.

"Did Mikey request my help? Is that why you two are here?" The man in glasses asked again, and he earned a nod from Rindou.

"Sort of, but not really. He just wants Y/n to be safe. After all, they're friends if you didn't know that." Rindou said and crossed his arms.

Hanma was indeed confused about why Mikey wanted his help. "She didn't tell me they were friends, and I thought Mikey requested help because he knows that Ryo did me dirty and for the fact that I know a way how to contact Ryo."

"That's why I told you to talk to Mikey first. For sure, he knows every answer to your questions." Rindou sighed and stood up. He grabbed the doorknob and left the room.

"Then come with us, Hanma Shuji. Help me find the person who shot your wife and answer why Ryo wants her dead." Ran said and turned his head to Hanma.

"Where exactly? And let's go there right now. I need to find Mikey." Hanma immediately stood up and swiped his phone, and he texted one of his men to guard the room first if he was going to leave.

"To Gordes, France. I'll bring you there. Mikey and the others are there too. After finding the two of you here a month ago, we also decided to hide out of the country. That's why we are in France, and C'mon bid goodbye first." Ran answered and left the room, too.

"You done talking? Is he coming or what." Rindou asked his brother when the door opened.

"He's coming, of course. Mikey has the answers he needs."  Ran said and waited for a good 10 minutes before Hanma opened the door.

"Let's go. This better not take long." the first word that came out of Hanma sounded eager. He wanted answers.

At first, he was only curious about why Y/n only wants to live at the age of 27 now; more questions popped up.

He didn't know precisely that Y/n would be someone known in his world. Specifically, Mikey, an old acquaintance of him.

The more he tries to unravel the girl, the shorter his patience in finding answers.

All for this to keep her alive and live with no regrets; finding something might be fun for him, but not for now.

Things are on the opposite poles, and each force attracts one thing only; death and danger.

He thought that a mere nurse, a simple girl, a nobody isn't just a nobody. That didn't slip to his mind once. He has another payment toll to the river Styx, but this time he has to cheat. He didn't want things to end up like before.

The time when his friend, Kisaki Tetta, died in an accident. He didn't want to lose another person that became dear to him after a short time.

As they reached the parking lot, Ran pressed his car key to signal its lights.

He opened the door to his Mercedes Benz, taking the driver's seat while Rindou sat in the passenger seat, who didn't bother putting on a seatbelt.

Hanma also went inside the car to the back seat. Ran inserted his keys and stepped on the pedals. Drifting their way out of the hospital by speed driving.

"Y/n didn't tell me that she's friends with Mikey, and I also don't know why Ryo wants her dead. Is there some infight I'm not aware of?" Hanma started the conversation.

"There's no infight in the delinquents, only family quarrels," Rindou explained, making Hanma more confused.

"Shocking, isn't it? We also can't believe it, not until Mikey told us why." Ran then added up and looked straight to the road.

"Surely, I'll find it out. I just have to wait." Hanma then gave up on asking the twins. It seems like Mikey wants himself to explain rather than hear it to his two subordinates.

"One thing's for sure, Sanzu Haruchiyo is a damn traitor to me." Rindou left his last words before he lit his cigarettes, while hanma left a soft chuckle.

Who knows what is inside that man's head? Is it only murder? Or a Job to find someone to follow and worship because they're strong.

More and more doors open as the Rain continues to let its anger out.

This isn't what Hanma wanted, he just plainly wanted a short party with his new wife, and after that, he was willing to live a normal life again.

He didn't want to play the grim reaper again, and he was so over seeing someone die because he failed to save them.

The only thought inside his mind was, she has to live past the age 27.

---

B) heh new update. glad 2 be bac

also bonten members will be introduced next chapter. Im hoping that the events isnt confusing everyone, this chapter is a flash back of what happend 2 months ago and hanma is telling this events to Y/n right after she woke up.

Anw tysm again everyone!

x dawn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 563 37
Ah shit here we go again. Just a teen girl going through life, trying to get rich. Tøkyørev X fem!reader (Updates once a month) On Semi-Hiatus!!
41.1K 1.4K 25
⚠️WARNING: DO NOT REPORT OR DELETE THIS BOOK IN THE SAKE OF OUR READERS!!🥺 THIS MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGE OR LEWD, IDK. IT'S A FANFICTION AFTER ALL. BUT...
3.9K 66 23
"You may not believe what I'm about to describe. You may call me a liar. You may laugh at my ridiculous story and consider it nothing but a figment...
19.5K 475 37
𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐦𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐞. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲. 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐞�...