The Spirit of Termination: (A...

By Elementorsl

Across infinite timelines, one shows the result of an arrival to a world that leads to a chain of events that... More

Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: A new beginning
Chapter 2: The Awakening
Chapter 3: The Reality of the Situation
Chapter 4: Tengu city
Chapter 5: Preparations for the worst
Chapter 6: Eye Before the storm
Chapter 7: The Clash in the sky
Chapter 8: A diverging timeline
Chapter 9: Aftereffects
Chapter 10: Faces Unforgotten
Interlude: Diabolus Ex Nihilo
Interlude: Humanity's Lost Hope
Chapter 11: Ambush
Chapter 12: Crimson Nightmare
Chapter 13: Ritsuka Fujimaru
Chapter 14: Lost in Time and Space
Chapter 15: Heart of Vengeance
Chapter 16: The Unhinged Monarch of Malkuth
Chapter 17: The fallen monarch of Lilith
Interlude: Beast I
Chapter 18: The Villain I am
Chapter 19: The Shining sword of destruction
Chapter 20: The Pitful Jester
Chapter 21: A Darkened Light and A Brightened Shadow
Interlude: The Spirit of Origin
Chapter 22: Before the Grand Order
Chapter 23: The threat of Y/N L/N
Interlude: "Bio"
Chapter 25: The first of many battles
Interlude: Kotori Itsuka
Chapter 26: Descent into Madness (Beginning stage)
Chapter 27: Descent into Madness (Second Stage)
Interlude: Singularity F
Chapter 28: Descent into Madness (Tertiary Stage)
Chapter 29: Descent into Madness (Final stage)
Chapter 30: The Beast Unleashed
Fic Cancellation

Chapter 24: Butterfly effect

584 20 3
By Elementorsl

...

It had been almost half a year since all of the events started, a series of events that involved the worlds of spirits in Elias's new life. It didn't bother him at all, as he had worked with the supernatural before, more specifically an organization that uses technology and magic to save the world. 

He was now working with a harem protagonist who looks sexy as a girl, an crazed idiot who is obsessed with saint quartz, an angry woman who looks like Negev from GFL, a girl who calls the first two people he mentioned "Senpai", and some random artist wearing a woman's body. What a crazy bunch of friends he has, but at the very least, they were reliable and were people he were able to talk to.

After leaving the hospital, nothing truly significant happened. First, he continued to do internship, because the others had to work on building the new technology, rather than actually dedicate it to saving spirits, a movement that Elias actually approved of, mainly because he wanted the ex members of Chaldea to live a normal life for once. 

And they did. Da Vinci, having been released from her burdens of Chaldea decided to do painting and sell her art, Olga Marie worked at Asgard Technologies to gain more information on them, while Ritsuka Fujimaru and Mash tried to find an educational facility to study at to finish their education and get a degree, regardless if it is secondary or higher level. 

Unfortunately they couldn't summon any other heroic spirit after Da Vinci and Mash. The latter theorized that they were near or inside the last ditch device in the shadow border vehicle that helped them escape from the Alien God as it destroyed the earth. As for why Mash was summoned as a heroic spirit she guessed it was some reward for her contribution to humanity, or that she was stuck in a void when he pulled her out. The armor she was summoned with was not Galahad's, but the Ortenaus  armor.

A few months later, Da Vinci managed to hack into the database of DEM industries in secret, but failed to find the location of the second spirit, although it did mention that she was captured. They also found the codename of their ally, <Diabolus>. Olga said he deserved that name, due to her tendency to look down on others, but Elias just accepted the fact, as his appearance as a spirit said otherwise. 

...

Feburary 21st 2019

Elias was frowning at the outside of a window. For some reason in the previous night, Elias dreamed one of the Y/Ns killing spirits for vengeance in brutal manner, and Elias had so desperately wanted to do the same thing to that Y/N. And of course, Y/N was trying to make another harem like any other cliche male reader. But with the lack of the presence of Y/N, he had other means of taking his frustration out on something else.

"Are you okay, Elias-san?" Mash asked

"I am going to attack DEM tonight" Elias announced, slamming his palm onto the table

Everyone was surprised at what Elias just said. Recently they found one of their secured facilities near a mountain range in the Tohoku region. 

"You can't do that! you naive, incompetent idiot! You will die and we will lose our most powerful member! Plus didn't you go into a coma after fighting that woman?!" 

Olga reacted first with her argument, with the usual scowl on her face. Even though Elias was basically being equivalent a powerful servant, it was true that he could get overwhelmed by the force of DEM and get captured. And the last time he fought, he was defeated by the Spirit of Origin and forced into a coma after the battle.

"I am just going to attack a base and try to find that spirit I told you about-"

"It doesn't matter! We are still not done with setting up our stuff!"

Having someone with omniscience and an experimental subject for sealing was a great, but she was correct about the risks and the incompleteness of their organization.

"I rather would rather take the risk than just neglect the spirits who we swore to protect. Even though my arrogance may be my downfall, I have faith that I can take on the DEM base nearby."

Elias was still persistent. And he was not going to attack all of DEM industries in one go. Inside his head, he just wanted to take his anger out after having a horrible dream the previous night.

"Fine, do as you wish. Do not cry when you get captured."  

Olga does not actually care, and her apathy for others is clearly obvious to Elias; if she actually cared about him, she would have continued to restrain him with her words.

"Don't get hurt too much!" Gudako warned, albeit in a sarcastic way. Elias knew Gudako had a strong sense of humor, but is also crazy inside her head. Her demands of saint quartz hindered her ability to be intelligent.

"Senpai, why are you?!" Mash did not want to see Elias die, so she attempted to question Gudako on her "supportiveness" of Elias

Elias left the house, walking to a nearby park where nobody can see him. Black armor formed around his body, covering his skin from head to toe as he began to run. Wings formed on his back and he began to fly off.

...

That night, people living in the Tohoku region in Japan noticed something in the sky that looked like a comet. It had streaks of energy. Oddly enough, it reminded people of the movie, "Your Name". Fans of the movie who noticed the comet close by immediately ran away from their homes to avoid the comet.

In reality, it was not a comet, but rather, a being pretending to be one in the eyes of everyone else. It was flying towards a certain direction for a goal he wanted: Free the Second Spirit. 

A base with the logo of Deus Ex Machina industries came into view for the being, and he pulled out a large barreled weapon and began to fire upon the base. Despite the large size of the minigun It was not heavy to it at all, as it held weapon the with one hand with ease and no strain.

Ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata!

Blam!

The  entrance of the base blew up, alarming the soldiers stationed at the base. They were not expecting an attack at night, but were prepared by any means to repel any intruders that dared to intrude on their operations.

"We're under attack!" 

Yelled one of the guards on the watchtower, as bullets smashed through the glass onto his head, killing him instantly. All aimed all their weapons at the direction of the newcomer that killed their colleague. It was a mechanical like monstrous beast with wings, each feather tipped in glowing crimson light at each end. His face is completely concealed by the draconic helmet, but they knew who it was.

Although it looked different, they knew it was <Diabolus>, as no other spirit would take on this appearence. Although DEM only had a glimpse at its abilities, executives of DEM industries assured that their weapons could take down the threat. 

Both parties paused for a moment, waiting for one to make the first move. Although the soldiers of DEM were well trained, they hated to be in this situation, as for most of them, it was the first time dealing with a spirit. The spirit immediately acted first, lifting its large weapon and pointing its barrel at a soldier.

Unfortunately for the forces of DEM, when they mentioned a "glimpse", they only discussed his powers. They did not know he had enough intelligence to interpret the situation it was facing. And it could properly use ranged weapons to an extent that not even the soldiers could master.

"▁▂▂▃▃▅▅▆▆▇▇▇▇!" howled the spirit, as he began mowing down the DEM soldiers with his weapon, starting with the soldier it pointed the gun at.

Despite their advanced technology and durable armor, the bullets from the beasts weapon penetrated through their armor and the ammunition was burning right onto their skin and flesh. Many of the soldiers within the vicinity of the spirit were gunned down, with many holes and splattered organs laying around the entrance.

The soldiers attempted to wound it with their weapons, but only a few were able to leave cracks and scratches on the armor. They immediately resorted to more explosive weapons, but the spirit was smart enough to fire at the weaponry before it could be deployed, rendering it useless.

 As the spirit retracted its wings back into the armor, it continued to advance into the base. An elite DEM wizard waiting there, and upon view attempted to swing his blade at the spirit, but the spirit dropped his gun, and managed to grab the wizard's wrist with its gauntlet and crush it. 

"Ahhhhhhh!"

The spirit did not react, he hated being sarcastic and boastful in situations like this. He killed the wizard by crushing his head with his gauntlet. He continued onwards, using one of his <demon kings> to crush any of his enemies with increased gravity on the particular area.

Soon Spirit reached a chamber, having forced the enemy to retreat from the one sided battle. Supposedly it was an experimental facility, a possible location of where the newly incarcerated "Material A" could be.

"Boom!"

He blew up the doors using one of his wing cannons. Despite the tough and dense material that made up the doors, they eventually gave in to the firepower and collapsed. The spirit looked at each tank with precision, making sure he would leave none out. All of them were empty.

"Fuck, Nia is not here!"

 Then he froze at a sudden realization at what he did. He had mindlessly wandered into the base and just murdered a lot of people, all for nothing. Although he was smart, he also had a lot of irrationality in planning his strategy and did not think thoroughly before he took action.

 He realized invading DEM and just killing people for the sake of one person was just wrong and immoral to him, carelessly throwing away lives of people who deserved nothing, even though they worked for an organization that treated it's subjects horribly, with the head being the worst. 

<Diabolus> knew had let his anger get the better of him; he just gave another reason for the world to hate spirits. He also knows he will face retribution for all those lives he just took, and he realized he had just become another copy of the people he swore not to become. 

"Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!"

"▂▂▃▄▅▆▇█▉!"

He soon left the facility, with it collapsed and burning, no reward for his actions, and flew away into the night sky. He cursed himself for adding oil to the fire for the rest of the night.

He is not sympathized with, for which people feel no pity for him. Everything he had done since his arrival had turned him into an antagonist, despite his respectfulness to others. What will be his fate in the future?

... 

Isaac Westcott looked at a file of the newest incident that occurred three days ago. One of his heavily guarded facilities in Japan had been destroyed, the cause of this being the enigma known as <Diabolus>

"Heh. Hehe, HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!"

He started to laugh, knowing that people had died and suffered in the wrath of the spirit. In his twisted mind, it had gladdened him to see the media of the casualties, all of which were employees. Then he stopped, grinning at finally getting a closeup of the spirit in question, which he could describe best as a mechanical fallen angel, just from the appearance alone. 

He could even mistake the spirit for one of his wizards, the only difference being that the spirit concealed his appearance with armor, hiding the shape of it's body, along with the smoke.

Not only that it take down a heavily armed base, earlier, he had also flattened an entire mountain in one of his earlier fights.And, to make things even better, <Diabolus> has a habit of attacking other spirits and always winning every time it encounters another. 

  <Diabolus> had become endlessly fascinating to Westcott. In fact, the very existence of the Inverse Spirit even shifted his obsession and desires away from Deus and onto him. Even though he loved the first spirit, he would rather go after Diabolus for which he saw an actual goal for the first time in his miserable 26 years, of gaining no love from Deus, and he could finally do something that meets his satisfaction. 

For once, he decided to head to Japan to see the spirit in his very own eyes. He picked up a phone, dialing a number to his forces stationed in the UK, then he would gather plenty of those forces to take on the most dangerous spirit ever since Deus and bring it to him, so he can harness the powers from it.

"Prepare our resources for Tengu City in a months time, we have a spirit to catch." 

He knew that other parties will soon arrive, so he assembled a massive force of wizards and airships to take them all on. He will get something out of this in the end for once. He walked away from his office with a grin on his face.

...

When the outsiders arrived, they did not just bring themselves with them, but also a large influx of Mana, which flourished upon the arrival in the new world. It was a phenomenon as great as the first spacequake, as it affected the mana concentration world wide. 

This allowed the First Spirit to make a new angel, named <Kerubiel> .

<Kerubiel> was an angel powerful enough to parallel that of Sandalphon, and came in the form of an orb that follows the subconscious feelings of her. It had many forms of offense, from firing gold wheels to shooting lightning bolts that could split mountains. 

 She had tried the angel on the newest threat to her plans, but he, Elias had pulled out his trump card to destroy the angel along with <Ain Soph>. At least she knew what it was, and what it was capable of, but unfortunately, she lacked any actual counter to it. She would have to rely on her planning and instincts in order to defeat him if he ever pulled it out again.  

After a few months, she had also created another new angel, this time she used <Ain Soph>,  Elias's Demon King <Choronzon> and <Gehenna> as a blueprint. She called the new angel <Eden>, which would have reality warping abilities that could control anything within it's range. It won't be hers, for which she had an idea of  purposing the angels.

The First Spirit had discovered that she could now create more Sephira crystals because of the energy influx, just enough to make more spirits for Shin to gain powers from and become closer to her than ever. In her head, she imagined the image of a pink haired spirit with a veil covering her face, and blonde spirit with four wings. Maybe she had a use for the one named "Ren", also known as "Trickster" after all, rather than just sealing her away in the void again.

Unfortunately, <Trickster> had hid herself from her presence. But she didn't mind, as she began to build the bodies of her new enforcers, to help take on the aberration named Elias and who ever stands with him. She will have a use for the inverse spirit later on, but first she needed to incapacitate him. 

She held out her hand and began to form the silhouette of two figures she had in mind.

...

"We are ready, Lord Goetia." 

Goetia looked at the spirit army he had built up over the months. 

There were about seventy-two of them, plus the former masters of Chaldea who gained them from a mysterious being named "God". Goetia knew it was not truly "God", as it looked and acted nothing like Yahweh, but had supreme dominance over many continuities.

For an unknown reason "God" was very supportive of Goetia, and had wanted to see his wish come into succession. So to help him, he reincarnated most of the dead masters as the beings named "spirit", who are equivalent to a servant. He was responsible for the idea of transforming all of his pillars into crystals that only the "worthy" can absorb and use to their extent.

Among them was Y/N L/N, male readers who intend to have any name that they can think of. They were the strongest of all of his army, apart from Goetia himself. This is because "God" pitied Y/N L/N, as he claimed that each Y/N L/N suffered a horrible past and betrayal; deserving a better life than their previous one. In fact, Y/N L/N is one of those individuals that will have no place in Goetia's ideal world, for which his entitlement and ego is huge, and they refuses to accept the reality that the world does not center around them .  

Goetia frowned as he gazed with his dark red eyes upon Y/N L/N tried to entice one of the recruits he got from the collapsed timeline in falling in love with him. For the last six months, all he did was try to charm females everywhere, and tried to be an emo, just so he can get their attention.

"Don't worry, we will soon kill them as soon as our goal is fufilled." A man standing next to him interrupted his frustration. 

It was <Reaper>, the wielder of the half Angel, Half Demon King <Azrael>, A scythe that upon contact, will result in instant death of whatever being of flesh touches it. Like his friend <Seraphim>, the wielder of the Angels <Zerachiel> and <Raguel>,  The staff of healing and the sword of justice.

They shared Goetia's dislike of working with Y/N. Back in Chaldea Y/N L/N always made the former identities of Reaper and Seraphim feel low and inferior, and they both ended up being treated as dogs to be kicked into a ditch, just like the other masters of Chaldea felt with Y/N. 

About a large fraction of them just wanted Y/N gone, but the female servants, who had fallen for them wanted to keep them, and they threatened the other masters with a "Yandere" attitude. It wasn't even the ones who act such in a sadistic way, for which Y/N L/N tainted their saint graphs with his gifts from "God" to turn them into an harem. 

Even though they hated Y/N L/N to this day and age, they eventually decided to work together once to reach goal, they had to work along with even the worst people. Goetia hoped to reach that goal of peace and prosperity on the planet soon.

...

"Mr. Woodman, I have a new report to make. DEM industries is mobilizing it' forces to Japan, more specifically the Kanto region. My recommendation is that we have to immediately counter them." 

"Give me a reason we should risk our resources and lives to handle the situation. Even though I will lend out a hand to people, I am not sure of the risk we would have to take, considering our weapons aren't ready yet."

"The spirit <Diabolus> is located there, and you have seen what it did to a DEM facility a week ago. We cannot let it kill more people as it exists. And you have seen and known what DEM is capable of."

"I know we have to intervene if DEM starts to endanger human lives. However we are not a defense force meant to counter DEM. Let them fight first, and if the situation becomes severe, we will have to intervene." 

The head of Asgard technologies decided not to intervene, as they were still in the process of developing a proper airship to rival DEM's ones. However, their analyst officer decided if Ratatoskr wasn't going to help her, she would help Mio herself.

...

Ren laid in a forest, where a girl with a pointed a gun at her. She looked scared, but inside, she was really pretending to put the other girl under a false pretense that she was intimidated. She had been ambushed while wandering around in the woods, still deciding her next move. Fortunately, the one who ambushed her gave her ideas.

"Ara Ara, seems that I found you, Ren. I have been looking for you for months ever since your escape from that prison."

"Kurumi Tokisaki." Ren spoke in a straight voice at the girl "Why are you after me? To kill the first spirit? I can't do that."

"So you do know me. It is disappointing. Oh well, I will shoot you here and now, before you can even escape."

Ren twisted her face into a smile. 

"But I have found someone who would. And even if you were to shoot me, you can't actually kill me with that bullet of yours."

Kurumi Tokisaki flinched at Ren's sudden change in attitude. She had fallen for the spirits deception, believing her to be just another plaything, that she will later devour when finished. She had underestimated Ren.

"Hey, HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Kurumi exclaimed as a light began to consume both of them. 

"Taking you to him. The spirit who I just mentioned that can kill the first spirit." Ren answered

"Hmmm. Sometimes I wonder why the situation changes itself so quickly..."

Kurumi relaxed a little, and a small grin began to form on her face, realizing that her fellow spirit was going to help her after all. Ren held out her hand and began to teleport both of them somewhere near Tengu City, where they would form an alliance with the inverse spirit and his group. 

...

"For some reason... I feel that what you just done is going to lead to something very bad..."

Elias was sitting on a chair, looking across the street at a cafe, with everyone save Da Vinci sitting around the table. It had been a week since he learned a lesson never to take his anger out for such minor things, and should have calmed down rather than keep the flames burning.

Elias was still pissed at himself for allowing another excuse to hate spirits slip by, and now, all of the other spirits would have to suffer because of him. And he also felt that too. A bad feeling from the gut. He hit himself multiple times, but there were no injuries. He yelled at himself, but it just made him look crazy. He just looked at a wall, but looked away after ten minutes. In the end, he just took a deep breath and calmed himself down. 

"I think you are right after all, and I think it is going to be a butterfly effect." He finally responded.

*zzzz 

*zzzz 

*zzzz 

"?" 

Elias picked up his phone. It was Da Vinci who was calling. He tapped the screen to accept the call and put it up his ear to hear what she had to say. 

"Moshi moshi?" 

"Ah yes?  There are abnormal signatures in Paraguay and Kazakhstan? Alright, alright, I will go check . But let me finish my coffee first." Elias spoke as his eyes narrowed. 

"What could it be?" He thought

A few minutes later, after finishing the coffee he was drinking, he sat up and left for the door.

"I have to go. Da Vinci reported some bizarre occurrences in Kazakhstan and Paraguay. They appear to be large spikes of energy." 

He left the cafe, running to a nearby forest and transformed again into his "Spirit" form and flew off into the sky, before even the radar of the AST could detect him. He wondered what it could be, old allies or new threats?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 3.9K 31
Highest Ranking(s): #1 in animegirl, #1 in datealive, #2 in spirits Sequel: https://www.wattpad.com/story/156535766-2-date-a-live-strolling-through-s...
50.8K 996 8
Note: Note that this is a Date A Live (X Male Reader) Summery/ Description: (Y/n) (L/n) lives in Tengu city with his step sister Kotori. He's a not s...
3.2K 194 29
Spirits, mysterious beings that come from another world. Their arrival brings destruction and strikes fear in the hearts of men. When the power of lo...
53.3K 1.6K 12
Update - This is temporary complete for Wattpad's issues but I will still update the book. Discription: Y/n Hashibira is Inosuke Hashibira's twin bro...