ΰΌ»πˆππ•πˆπ’πˆππ‹π„ Β»β€’'...

By GhettoNaomi

Crime rates in Chicago has been recently going up and seem as no one knows who's the killer of these devastat... More

𝑨𝑬𝑺𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑻𝑰π‘ͺ𝑺/π‘ͺ𝑨𝑺𝑻
π‘ͺ𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 2

π‘ͺ𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 1

364 36 70
By GhettoNaomi

𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑨𝑮𝑶 𝑷𝑶𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑬 𝑫𝑬𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑴𝑬𝑵𝑻
𝑺𝑬𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑴𝑩𝑬𝑹 14𝒕𝒉 2000
(omniscient)

A glimpse of the moonlight beamed through the windowpane. Nina sat quietly in the large, dim office scanning over a case that Chief Johnson assigned to the agency two weeks ago as the sweet, melodic sounds of Mariah Carey's voice played low on the radio. The young woman didn't have time to dig into it right then when everyone was on the case.

Being that she was always working on new ones that were assigned to her personally every other day. It's like something new was happening everyday here in Chicago. One of the most dangerous places in the state.

And since Nina was one of the best detectives at CPD, it was mandatory to have her working on nearly every case. The crime rate was insane here. You'll never really know when another body is dropping. That's how normalized murders were in the state of Chicago. Nina always dreamed of being a detective since she was a little girl.

But she didn't know it was this overwhelming. She could now see why her father used to come home late nights and not at all sometimes. He was a cop, one of the best in the city. He died from heart failure and she's doing everything in her might to keep his legacy alive.

He inspired her to be who she is today. The second best female detective cop in the agency. She was aiming for first, but things take time. She only worked for the CPD for 3 years. Her competition was more experience than her, so being second was great. No one was like her at all.

When she's assigned a case, she doesn't sleep till it's solved. That's how important her job was. She felt if she didn't solve a case, she was disappointing her father. He never rested till he knew the victim got Justice served. The beeping sound from her walk-in talkie went off, causing her to jolt her out of her working process.

She grabbed the black walkie-talkie off the desk and held it up to her ear. It was Chief Johnson on the line calling in. She already knew what that meant. Another crime happened and a body was found. She lifted up from her seat, grabbed her keys, and left the office. She sprinted down the hall and made her way out the door.

She hopped into the white and black police car and drove to the address that was given to her. 115th Avenue. Which didn't take much long to get to since she was going full speed and the place wasn't far from the department. She scanned the area and saw that there were so many people out surrounding the area, as usual.

She parked her car in the middle of the street before getting out and making her way over to her colleague, Detective James Carter. He was one of her closet friends in the department. When she first started working for CPD back in 98, Chief paired them together.

He thought two of them could kick some serious butts since they were always ten toes ahead, being that they were both newbies. And he was absolutely right. They turned out to be a great team. The two of them solved the most cases in the department after Chief and Sasha as a pair.

"What do we have here?" Nina inquired, pulling out a pen and notepad from her black leather trench coat, ready to jot down some information about the case. She was the last to pull up to the scene since everyone was already out on duty, and she was cooped in the office.

"A twenty three year old woman was shot 5 times and killed. The bullet struck her 3 times in the head, 1 in the arm, and 1 in the chest" Detective James Carter explained, as Nina wrote the piece of information down.

"Wow, whoever it was most definitely wanted her dead. Was she black?" Nina questioned, silently praying to herself that Carter doesn't say yes. She hated that so many black women were getting murdered. It frightened her, especially since she was a black woman herself and that these deaths be months apart.

"Yup, and her name was Angela Devitta. She worked down at the physical therapy place down on 65th street. She was also a part time student at Chicago University" Detective Carter responded, pulling out a cigarette, immediately lighting it up and taking a long pull.

"Damn" Nina sighed, shaking her head. She felt so much sorrow hearing that such a good beautiful spirit woman was killed because of nothing. This was strange and she had a feeling in her gut this was a male who killed her. She didn't know for sure, but it was an instinct of hers. And they're always right!

"Did they say she was seeing anyone and did any of the neighbors see anything?" She questioned. She needed all kinds of information that'll link her to a suspect. She also needed to know who the woman's family members and close friends were, to sit and talk to them.

"No, she was a single lady and apparently they didn't see none. These motherfuckers out here ain't say a word when we pulled up asking questions, but I know someone knows something" Carter stated, throwing the cigarette down before stepping on it.

"Of course they know something" Nina muttered, glancing across the street. The whole entire neighborhood was out watching and chatting amongst each other. She knew exactly why some of them were scared to say something to their kind.

They didn't want to be considered a snitch and she could understand that. It was the street code. If you were a snitch, they'll either pick at you for being one or you'll be the next victim. Nina knew, cause she was from the streets once upon a time. After her father passed, her life went downhill.

"Detective Cooper" Nina heard Chief Johnson's deep, muscular voice sounded from behind her. She turned around and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She always grew shaky when he came around. Being that he was the header of the department and the finest man she ever laid eyes on.

"Sir?" She spoke, placing her pen and notebook back inside her trench coat. The Chicago weather was nothing to play with, especially at night. It was colder than New York on Christmas Day.

"I want you to take on this case. Be in my office at 5:30 P.M, I'll have all the information you need" He assigned, before walking off. She nodded her head smiling in excitement. She was always assigned personal cases, but this one was special to her.

She wanted the sweet young lady to get the justice she needed quickly and she was just the person to call on. Anyone else down at the department would've been a lousy sleaze. She turned around to glance at the scene once more before walking off to her car with Carter following behind.

"I hope you know imma help you out with this case just because" Carter said, as he opened the door for her. She chuckled and got inside, buckling herself up. She knew Carter was going to insert himself in. He always did, even when he joked about not going to.

"Yes, I already know. We are like this" Nina twisted both of her fingers together and shoved them in his face, playfully. He wasn't just a close friend of hers, he was just like a brother to her also. A crazy, funny brother she always dreamed of having. She was an only child.

Her mother died when she turned 1. She never even had a chance to have siblings. Her father didn't want to be anyone else but her mother and she could understand. Her mother was one of a kind, the way he used to explain to her.

"Aye, you better get them choppers out my face before I bite em" Carter roared, opening his mouth causing Nina to quickly jerk them back "Anyways what you finna get into right now? I know you ain't heading back to the station" he asked.

"Actually I am, I'm still on the clock if you must know. But I'm going to make a food stop first. I haven't eaten since this morning" She groaned, rubbing her stomach, thinking about a hot meal. She's been in the office all day reading and didn't even think about moving when her break came.

If they didn't get beeped, she would've still been in there starving herself until it was time for her to get off. That was just her.

"I got a taste for Popeyes, we should eat there" Carter suggests, staring at her who just sighs and throws her head back. She was trying to see where he came in. Nowhere did she say we, she was going to get some food alone. She wanted some alone time to process this new case.

"No we shouldn't! You should eat there. I'm going to eat some Mexican food." Nina said, placing the keys into the ignition, starting up the car "I'll see you later. Call me when you're off" she waved him bye before pulling off and turning on the radio.

She bobbed her head to Underneath the stars by Mariah Carey that played. Silently singing along to the words as she headed down to the Mexican Restaurant. It was only 10:30 and she knew they were still open. She parked her car, grabbed her purse and exited. She moved her feet and went to the door.

Before she could pull it open, someone opened it for her.

She thanked the guy before going in. She ordered the usual, paid, and left in a limit of 30 minutes. When she made her way back into the  office, she sat in silence and read about the old case that was similar to the crime that just happened today. But the woman was killed in her home.

Police found no evidence on what happened, just her chopped up body. Nina couldn't believe what she was reading. The case still wasn't solved yet. But she knew if it was given to her instead of Sasha, it would've been done. A soft knock came upon the door causing her to jolt out of her gaze.

"Um- I, come in" She stuttered, quickly wiping the little crumbs from around her mouth. The door opened and she saw it was Chief Johnson. Her eyes widened as he came inside and locked the door behind. She watched him close the blinds outside of her office, so no one could see before coming towards her.

"I see you came back here, you could've gone home" His deep sexy voice filled the silent room. She felt him touch her shoulder, which made her quiver. She knew exactly what he wanted and the truth was she wasn't in the mood. Especially not in their place of work.

She vowed they could sneak around, but never here. People would then wonder about her. If she really was a good detective or just screwed her way to the top. Which she didn't by the way. She was really a good detective.

Chief Johnson was stunned by her inimitable work ethics and unmatched beauty. Just like he was the finest man she ever laid eyes on, it was the same way for him. She was the prettiest woman he ever saw, and he saw plenty.

"Devin, I don't think we should be doing this here" Nina gasped, politely removing his hands from her shoulder. As tempting as it sounded right now, she just couldn't. She wouldn't be able to live with herself knowing she's having sexual intercourse at work.

It's already bad enough, she is messing around with him period. He's a married man, and his wife works at the department with them. Her father was probably rolling over twice in his grave seeing how she had no kind of standards, but it wasn't her intention to fall for him.

She actually didn't know he was married. He never brought it up, nor has he ever wore a ring. She found out when he announced their anniversary here, a year after them fooling around. It shattered her heart cause he was such a good, fulfilling man.

But she planned on breaking it off with him that week later, cause it wasn't right, but Chief didn't take that as an answer. He told her that they were both in too deep. And till this day, they're still messing around.

"And why not?" Chief questioned, grabbing her arms, pulling her up to him. "I thought you love when we role play?" He whispered in her ear, sending a chill down her spine "You know, you'll be the naughty detective and I'll be the dirty heartless chief" He teased, wrapping his arms around her slim waist.

"I don't think that's role playing Devin" she chuckled, looking up at him, shaking her head. Role playing was changing into characters. She was already a naughty detective and he's a heartless cop.

"Oh yeah, then what's role playing?" Chief smirked, raising an eyebrow, eyeing her like she was the last piece of meat. Nina swallowed the lump in her throat, as his hands went up her waist and to her breast "I see you're not talking, so is it like this?" He questioned, grabbing her neck.

"Yeah, but a little harder on the neck cop" Nina gazed into his little role play. She figured why not? He was already making her wet, the way his hands touched her body felt like heaven. Chief took it upon himself and grabbed her neck a bit harder, causing to her to softly moan.

"What else?" He asked, pressing his lips against hers as she wrapped her hand around his neck. She was too stunned to speak. He picked her up and sat her down on the desk, slightly knocking some of her paper work down.

"He- he ripped off my clothes officer" She gasped, talking in between kisses "And he laid me down and started caressing my breast" she said, closing her eyes fantasizing a nasty scene. Just when Chief was going to rip off her clothes, his walk-in talkie went off.

"Shit!" He hissed, pulling away from her lips and grabbed the talkie out of his pocket "Yo, what's good?" He asked, as Nina got herself down off the desk "Ight copy that" She heard him say before turning back towards her "Look, I have to go, but I'll see you later on tonight ight,"

"Yeah" she nodded and he kissed her forehead before leaving out, expeditiously. She sat down in her chair and exhaled deeply. What was she still doing with him? Like literally. She hated that she couldn't resist that man, even if she tried. She was too attached. She quickly brushed those thoughts out of her mind and got back to work.

The night ended up going pretty slow, but she pushed through and now it was time for her to clock out and head home. She couldn't wait to take a hot shower and eat some of the food her friend of 8 years, Tamika cooked. They lived together in a small apartment over on the west side.

She grabbed her badge out of her pocket and scanned it in front of the time clock before making her way on out. She wandered over towards her car, got in, placed her things inside, and started the ignition. The drive didn't take long considering their apartment was a few blocks away from the station.

She parked her beamer into an empty parking spot and got out. Moving her feet, she made her way to her door and placed the key into the lock. Going inside, she saw that Tamika was still up, which wasn't a surprise. This was the time her friend would be heading out to the strip club called Shakers. She has been working there since the second week they moved here.

Nina threw her keys on the table along with her bags as she headed over towards the kitchen. She could just taste the food on the tip of her tongue.

"You look so tired," Tamika spoke, taking a sip out of the wine glass.

"Iam." She sighed, pressing start button on the microwave that her food was inside. She hasn't had a decent amount of sleep in weeks. It wasn't a joke that she didn't rest till she solved every case. "You gonna finish that bottle?" She inquired, pointing at the huge bottle of Robert Mondavi.

"You know I'm not, feel free to get some. You need that and a good night's rest. I haven't seen you get much sleep in. I thought it was me? But it's you." Tamika stated.

"Come on na, you know my motto." Nina scoffed, grabbing a glass cup and pouring herself a glass of wine. Tamika knew how she was when it came down to her work. They were both the same. Lifting the glass up to her lip, she down the whole thing before getting her plate out of the microwave and taking a seat at the table.

"And you know my motto! But we can't let work take over us. Gotta know your limit! Your body need a good rest." Tamika argued, putting away the glass cup "Anyways, I'm on my way out. I'll be back at 4. One of the girls called and said it's not a full house tonight, thank God,"

"Alright, you be safe." Nina waved, watching her walk off. Just as Tamika opened the door, she took a step back and looked over at her. Nina shrugged, motioning her head. She already knew it was. Devin. She wasn't expecting him till a bit later. He knew not to show up when Tamika was here. She didn't like him from a can of paint.

"Hi, Tamika." Devin's deep voice echoed in the room.

"Devin," was all Tamika said before leaving out the door. Nina shook her head watching as he walked towards her. He knew her friend couldn't stand him and he still spoke. He gave her that look and she just shrugged, digging out of her plate. Her hands were tied.

"I see she still doesn't like me." Devin chuckled, removing off his coat.

"You got that right. That's why you shouldn't show up early. I just know she's going to get on my case in the morning." Nina sighed.

"She'll be alright. I couldn't wait to see you since our little encounter in your office was cut short." He smirked, licking his lips. She lifted up from the table and threw away the leftover food. She could've figured that's why he showed up early. He needed to release that built up pressure inside.

Tonight was going to be a long night. She just know he's going to rock her world! One of the reasons why she was still stuck on him. He knew how to put it down in bed. Knew her own body better than her and could hit all of her soft spots. She never had that, ever!

After putting everything up and nicely, Nina headed down to her room with Devin following close behind. She stepped into her closet and found her a black silk t-shirt, and red boy shorts. Throwing them onto her bed, she headed to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

Devin's hand found their way on his smooth skin, caressing as he kissed down on her neck. She slowly turned towards him and looked up. You could see in his eyes that he was so ready to take her now. He stripped her out of her clothes before getting into the shower letting the hot water hit their skin.

She leaned back against the towels and let him take over.

-

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑰𝑺 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳𝑳𝒀 𝑶𝑼𝑻!!! ☺️ you guys I'm so excited to republished this book, you just don't know. I've been working on this for months now and it was time again. I know I done dropped plenty of books and left them hanging, 𝑩𝑼𝑻 𝑰 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅.

SCROLL DOWN TO CHAPTER TWO. get ready to enjoy this crazy ride.  Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒔, y'all know how I do it. Tell me how it is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 8.3K 41
After going through a number of disasters I realized that actually I am reborn as the villainess character, more of a brat, Chloe Bourgeois, in a chi...
177K 2.8K 9
❝ fate. a word meaning destiny. fate. a word meaning doom. ❞ [ a f4 thailand fic ] [ f4 x fem!oc ] [ a standalone ] Β© π¬π­π«π°π›π›π²πœπ‘πšπžπ«
57.7K 1.4K 9
Ω…Ψ§ΩΩŠΨ§ - Ψ­Ψ¨ - Ω‚Ψ³ΩˆΩ‡ - ΨΊΩŠΨ±Ω‡ renad231_5 Ω…Ψ±Ψͺ Ψ³Ω†Ω‡ ΩˆΨ§Ω„Ω‚Ω„Ψ¨ Ψ°Ψ§Ψ¨Ψ­Ω‡Ω‡ Ψ§Ω„Ω‡Ψ¬Ψ± ΩˆΩ…Ψ±Ψͺ Ψ³Ω†Ω‡ ΩˆΨ§Ω„Ω‡Ψ¬Ψ± عيا يسΨͺحي Ψ§Ω„Ψ±ΩˆΨ§ΩŠΩ‡ Ω…ΩˆΨ¬ΩˆΨ―Ω‡ في Ψ§Ω†Ψ³ΨͺΨ§ : renad2315
50.4K 6.5K 70
"Se refiere a la belleza de corta duraciΓ³n de la flor de cerezo" β•°β”€β”€βž’ Advertencias ✧ ⁞ ❏. Omegaverse < SLOW BURN ⁞ ❏. Todoroki Bottom! ⁞ ❏. Smu...