the fallen star

By widowswife00

(in this story Wanda hasn't been corrupted by the dark hold, and she isn't hunting America for her powers) ... More

so who exactly are you?
settling in
fooling about
power control
nightmares
seeking, but not finding
venturing out
familiar face
it's nice that you care
unexpected guest
troublesome twosome
the sickness that follows
siblings don't always agree
renovation time
visit to an old enemy

mystery girl

3.2K 69 53
By widowswife00

Hello reader and welcome to my new story, which was inspired by one I have just started reading on AO3. All of the plot though it my own except the characters and I may lead it into MoM but obviously it will be heavily altered as Wanda isn't trying to kill America. Also I have made America's age slightly younger, so instead of 14, she is 11 as I wanted her to be closer to the twins in age. Hope you all enjoy!! Also it's all in Wanda's POV unless stated otherwise

~~~

The silence was comforting almost. It was nice to know that there was no one around that I could accidentally hurt.

Maybe that's why I chose to live in the middle of the mountains. Peace? Closure? I was surprised that no one had come to find my yet.

I was almost hurt that I haven't heard from Clint since the funeral. I thought he had my back, but he was very busy with his family so I couldn't blame him. I wouldn't want someone like me to he around my family either.

I haven't heard from any of the other avengers. I know Sam and Bucky are busy after the blip, but who am I kidding. They wanted nothing to do with me.

I clutch my cup of warm herbal tea tightly in my hands as I stare out into the distance at my apple trees and beyond, trying to distract myself from my mind.

I was better like this. It was safer. Out here I wasn't a danger to anyone, and I could wallow in my own grief like I always have.

There is an ever preset nagging in my head. A whisper. It draws me to the ancient book which was currently lying hidden in my house as I was to much of a coward to open it.

I felt like a wimp for not touching it. There was a chapter dedicated to me, I shouldn't be afraid of its power. It could be the key to getting my family back...

I had built myself a farm, so I magically grew  and teleported my own food, so I didn't have to travel into civilisation and cause chaos.

It was better for everyone like this. Safer.

I was staring at the stars that littered the sky, trying to distract myself from my own thoughts, when all of a sudden a star shaped portal thing opened in the sky, immediately putting me on high alert.

Before I could even stand up, I see something, or rather someone falling through the hole in the sky.

Maybe on instinct, I use my powers to cushion the fall, not wanting them to die before I can ask them why they are here, and how.

I immediately fly over to where the person has landed, my arms raised defensively incase they were a threat.

It wasn't until I got closer that I realised the person was intact a child. Not much older than my boys.

My hands immediately lowered, my powers fizzing out as I took a gentler approach.

"Who are you?" I ask, making the girls head snap to face me.

She looked terrified. Where are her parents?

"P-Please don't hurt me..." The girl stuttered attempting to scramble away from me, but her face scrunched up like she was in immense pain.

My heart breaks at her words, I knew what it was like to be all alone in the world without your parents or anyone to care for you...

"I'm not going to hurt you." I tell her gently, immediately switching on the tone I used to use with my boys.

Thinking of them makes my heart ache, the fact that they are gone is killing me from the inside.

She girl looks at me unconvincingly, before her face once again scrunches in pain.

"You look hurt." I take a cautious step closer to the small girl, making sure she could see my every move.

"My-My arm really hurts." The girl whimpers, her strong facade clearing breaking under the immense pain she must be in.

One good thing that came out of being in the Avengers, is that I knew how to treat basic medical injuries. Nat taught me how to straighten a bone, and mend a dislocation etc.

Remembering the red head made my eyes water slightly. I was in distraught when I came back to Nat being gone. I remember asking where she was after the battle with Thanos and his army, but she had sacrificed herself for some stupid orange rock.

Those rocks took away everything, and everyone I loved. I fucking wanted them all to burn.

I snap myself back into reality, assessing the girls body movements.

"May I have a look?" I ask gently, pointing at the girls arm, which she was holding limply.

The girl looks at me with a terrified expression, but nods anyway.

I slowly kneel down next to her, gently pressing my hand on the injured limb.

She lets out a cry of pain as I touch it, so I immediately retract my hand.

"Looks like a bad sprain." I tell her gently, waiting to see her reaction.

"How much does it hurt?" I ask, wanting to know how much pain she was in.

"It hurts so much..." The child's voice cracks slightly as she speaks, a few tears falling down her cheek as she attempts to withstand the pain.

I give the young girl a sympathetic look. "I can give you a sling to hold it in place, I'm sorry but I wouldn't know how to put a cast on and I don't want to hurt you further."

The girls looks scared and confused, but nods in acknowledgement slowly.

"How about we go inside?" I offer, slowly standing up from the floor. The girl was freezing and it wasn't particularly warm outside.

The girl looks uncertain, before gently stumbling onto her feet with a hiss of pain.

I involuntarily reach my hand out to help the girl inside, before quickly realising what I'd done and moving to retract it.

Before I can, I feel a small hand grip my own, making me smile for the first time in weeks.

We walk slowly back to my house, going past my sheep, which seem to intrigue the girl very much.

"Are all your sheep white on this earth?" She asks quietly. I can hear an American accent in her voice, so she must be native to the country.

I'm slightly confused at her question, but I just nod. "Most are. Some are black or grey."

I leave all my unanswered questions in my mind, not wanting to overwhelm the young girl.

I lead her into my kitchen and gently help her jump up onto the counter. She was extremely light, lighter than she should be.

I quickly go into the cupboard and get a sling for the young girl, who I'm yet to know the name off.

I place the sling next to her, and slowly help her take off the denim jacket that she was wearing, which looked quite battered and used.

As I'm placing it down, I notice a rainbow pride pin on the front.

"I like your pin." I smile kindly at her, making the girl blush.

"Thank you..." She mutters, staring into her lap sheepishly.

I smile at her cuteness, and slowly help her into the sling, with many gasps of pain, for which I apologise for.

Once the sling was in the right position, I stand back slightly, making sure it was holding her arm right.

"How does that feel?" I ask, walking over to the medical cabinet and rummaging through it.

"Good..." She mutters, offering me a shy smile. "Why are you helping me?"

I freeze slightly at her question, which I didn't really have an answer to. I'm not sure why I felt the need to protect her. Maybe it was just my motherly instincts...

"Because you deserve to be helped, wherever you came from." I answer truthfully, pulling out a bottle of liquid medicine from the cupboard.

"I don't think I ever told you my name." I quickly realise, getting a spoon from a draw. "I'm Wanda."

I see the girl nod, seemingly thinking about if she should tell me her name or not.

"My names America Chavez." I hear her say quietly.

I shoot her a smile, waking back over to where she was sitting on the counter.

"Well, America. It's lovely to meet you." I scrunch my nose up at the girl, picking up the medicine and looking at the back.

"How old are you, sweetheart?" I ask, the term of endearment slipping off my tongue without a thought.

"Eleven..." I hear her mutter, kicking her legs back and forth against the counter.

I try to hide my shock. She was only a year older than Billy and Tommy. What was she doing to fall through a portal in the sky?

I push my thoughts aside once again, quickly finding the right amount of medicine to give her age group.

I carefully pour one spoonful of the liquid onto a spoon, reaching my arm out to bring it closer to America's mouth, but she quickly scurries along the counter, looking at the spoon in fear.

"What is that?" She asks sharply, her breaths becoming shorter.

"It's just medicine." I tell her calmly. "It will help the pain in your arm."

She stares at me and the spoon, looking unconvinced. "How do I know your not trying to poison me?"

I feel my heart go out to the the girl, who has clearly been betrayed by so many people. "Here." I take the medicine myself to prove to her that I'm not trying to poison her.

She watches me with a calculated look as I drink the liquid, and shrugging to show that I'm alright.

"Okay..." She releases some of the tension in her body, letting me refill the spoon and walk back over to her.

She hesitantly let's me place the spoon in her mouth, taking in the medicine.

I can see her tongue moving about in her mouth as she tastes the sticky liquid on her tongue.

She eventually makes a grimace, causing me to chuckle at her disgusted face.

She quickly swallows it, before clicking her tongue and scrunching up her face in disgust.

"You didn't like that?" I chuckle at her facial expression as she shakes her head rapidly.

"Not at all!"

I put the spoon in the sink to clean later, before placing the bottle back in the cabinet. "Well it will help with the pain, I promise."

She watches me closely, as I move across the kitchen, clearly unsure of what to do next.

"How would you like a bath, or a shower?" I offer, looking at her face which was littered with streaks of mud.

"What's a shower?" She asks, tilting her head to one side.

She doesn't know what a shower is? I ask myself is disbelief. Where has she grown up?

"Well, bath it is then." I decide to leave my questions until after she's clean and more comfortable.

I help her down from the counter, beckoning her into my bathroom.

I start the water in the tub, putting in some bubbles for the girl.

"Are you okay to stay here while I find you some clean clothes?" I ask, snapping America from her trance as she watches the bubbly water fill the tub.

America nods, but I can see the nervousness in her facial expression.

"I'll be back in 5 minutes, I promise."

This doesn't seem to comfort America, but she nods anyway, going back to starting at the warm water.

I swiftly go into my room, grabbing a pair of joggers and a hoodie, shrinking them down to a more child size with my powers.

I could have used my powers to run the bath while I was helping America, but I didn't want to startle her further.

I quickly go back into the bathroom, where America was standing right where I had left her, although the tub was now full with warm soapy water.

"Here you go." I make myself known, placing the clothes onto the closed lid of the toilet seat.

"Are you okay, or do you want my help." I offer, not wanting to make America seem uncomfortable.

She shakes her head. "I'm okay..."

I give her a small smile. "Good. I'll be in the kitchen so just call if you need me. Feel free to use any of the soaps and shampoos."

I walk out of the bathroom to give the girl privacy, closing the door behind me.

I take a deep breath, walking into the kitchen and processing what had just happened.

So an 11 year old girl has fallen out of a star portal in the sky, and she didn't know what a shower was and asked if all sheep were white.

The whole situation was very confusing, but I wanted to leave questions until America had settled down a bit.

"Um... Wanda?" I hear a muffled voice call from inside the bathroom.

I quickly make my way over to the door. "What is it, America?" I ask, a slight tone of worry to my voice.

"I umm... I uh can't wash my hair..." She admits, sounding almost ashamed.

I ask her if I can come in, before pushing open the door to help.

America turns to look at me come in from the tub, bubbles covering her entire body apart from her head.

"I'm sorry..." She mumbles, blushing slightly. "My arm really hurts when I lift it up..."

"Hey, hey." I quickly kneel next to the bath. "Don't be sorry. We all need help with some things. Would you like me to help you?" I offer, not wanting to overstep any boundaries.

America nods with a blush, and I can't help but notice her red eyes.

"I tired to use the uh... shampoo. But it stung really bad when I got it in my eyes as I was trying to do it one handed..." She tells me.

That explains the red eyes.

I chuckle, shifting so I was sitting behind America. "Yeah, it does that if it goes into your eyes."

"That's stupid." She scoffs, as I gently massage the shampoo into her roots.

"It is, isn't it." I agree, using the shower head to clean out the soap.

I gently condition the ends of her hair, rubbing my fingers through it to get rid of any knots, before washing it out.

I can't help but remember when I used to help Tommy and Billy wash their hair.

No matter how hard I tired, I always somehow used to get it in Tommys eyes as he had a habit of moving about a lot, unlike his brother who sat perfectly still.

I have to once again control my tears, as I wring out America's dark hair to get rid off all the excess water. For God sake Wanda. Pull yourself together!

"I'll leave you to get dressed." I tell her, standing back up and walking back out of the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 9.2K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...
25.9K 605 21
"Why don't you just back off already?!" "Maybe because I'm clearly better for her than you!" "Both of you shut up already! How about this, here's a s...
8.5K 138 12
DISCLAIMER: IN THIS STORY, AMERICA IS 18 YEARS OLD! PLEASE STOP SPAMMING MY COMMENTS ABOUT THE FACT SHE IS 14! ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ All characters in...
177K 5.9K 26
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*COMPLETED*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ "im so sick of 17, wheres my fucking teenage dream?" (content warning ;; smut, cursing, fighting, mention of blood and...