𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 | Matt Sturnio...

By cucumberinpicklejar

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 :adjective /ˈpəːfɪkt/ Definition: absolute; complete Where 3 best friends meet the Sturniolo t... More

Authors Note
Characters
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thiry Five
Thirty Six
.

Twenty Three

3.7K 32 53
By cucumberinpicklejar

Messages

Lacified 2.0

Chrispy🐛, Layschips🥔, nickisthebest, divstick, venusbigpenus, zia (zian)

Nickisthebest

Guys can we all hang out today

Venusbigpenus

No Matt 😳😶‍🌫️

Chrispy🐛
Nick you cheeky guy leaving ur brother out

Nickisthebest
I'm still pissed off

Venusbigpenus
Me too

Zia

Hey guyssss

What is going on and what is this name

Venusbigpenus

I love the name Nick

Nickisthebest

It's ur name if u were a girl Zian

Zia

Ffs 🤦‍♂️

Divstick

Hey Ziaaa hey girl hey queen pussy shit

Zia

What have u done Nick

Nickisthebest

Gods work

Venusbigpenus

Nick ur heaven sent

Nickisthebest

Thanks for noticing

Anyways what should we do

Chrispy🐛

Hmm you guys can come to ours? I'm lazy

Layschips🥔

Sounds fun

Venusbigpenus

Whipped

Layschips🥔

Shut the fuck up penus

Venusbigpenus

Gosh

Nickisthebest

Can we get snacks beforehand?

Divstick

Duh

Venusbigpenus

Will... you know who be home?

Zia

Huh

Venusbigpenus

Whom shall not be named

Zia

I'm so confusedddd

Nickisthebest

Dw Z

Yeah ima leave now to pick you guys up

Layschips🥔

Kk

Divstick

See u soon

Matt was home the whole time and when he saw Nick and Chris getting ready to leave. Chris was sliding his Jordan's on and his brother came up to him with a questionable look on his face.

"Where you guys going?"

"Just to the store," Chris replied simply.

"Oh fr I'll come then," Matt returned looking around for his shoes.

"Venus, Zian, Laylah and Divina are going," the boy said quickly, his brother looked at him and furrowed his brows, ever since Venus posted herself with Zian at the cafe he hadn't stopped thinking about it, it bugged him for some reason but he didn't know why. He was sad that his friends would make plans to go out without him, he knew he had done this to himself but he wanted them to forgive him so badly but didn't know how to fix everything.

Ugh i'm starting to feel bad for Matt

"Oh, so that means I can't go?" Matt questioned a sheet of hurt clouding his eyes.

"No but isn't it awkward for you and Venus?"

"No," he lied, he really wanted to see Venus though but would never admit it.

"Ok... I guess you should come then," Chris said unconvinced but shrugged it off nevertheless.

"Chris, you ready?" Nick called as he walked into the hallway and stopped when he saw Matt putting his shoes on, "Matt, where you going?"

"With you guys."

"Since when?" He asked.

"Chris said I could."

Nick glanced at the long haired boy who gave him an unsure look. Chris knew Venus didn't want Matt to come but how were they meant to say no to their brother.

"Ok, what about you and Venus though?" Nick asked, squinting slightly at the boy as he tried to understand what he was doing.

"It's fine," Matt replied, still not looking up from where he was tying his laces.

"Ok... let's go I guess," Nick sighed, opening the door.

Girls' Apartment

"Zian's riding his bike here," Venus laughed, "he should be here in a few mins," the girl showed the snap of the boy on her phone. Shortly after, the teenager arrived at the girl's apartment and sat on the couch playing laser with the cat, waiting for the others.

"The fact that you rode a bike here is crazy," Divina laughed, walking into the room where the mirror was as she applied cream to her wet hair.

"Exercise is key," Zian replied with a chuckle.

"All I hear is an excuse for why you don't have your licence," Laylah giggled.

"Lolll take the L," Venus yelled.

"Shut up, it's a work in progress and don't say take the L. Are you one of those 13 year old fortnite boys?" he defended himself, laughing.

"Oh my jeez maybe I am but you can't talk cause if you were born in 2009 you'd defo be an ex ipad kid right now," Venus said.

"Oh my god i can see that so welllll!" Divina yelled.

"LITCH," Laylah chuckled.

When Laylah got a message from Chris saying they were here. All four of them left and walked down to where the car stood. Zian dapped up Chris, who sat in the passenger seat then looked over and saw Matt.

"Yo my boy Matt, what's good bro," He said, reaching over to dap him up too.

"Nothing much, I haven't seen you in a bit, what's good?" Matt replied as they began a conversation.

"Matt?" Venus looked over at Laylah who shrugged her shoulders, "did he say hi to Matt? What's he doing here? I thought he wasn't coming."

"Girl it's fine, he's probs just driving us around, how did you expect Nick and Chris to pick us up without their licence?" Divina reassured the girl, slinging an arm over her shoulder.

"Yeah you're right," Venus sighed as she climbed into the minivan.

"Hey guys!" Divina exclaimed, Nick hugged her as she sat down. Venus followed and sat down quietly giving Nick a 'what the fuck' look which Nick mouthed 'sorry' in return.

"So guys where we going?" she finally said.

"Probs seven eleven or the dollar store," Chris replied as Matt started the engine. The entire ride was full of Zian, Nick, Laylah and Chris singing loudly and off key to Hit me up by Dominik Fike and Omar Opollo. However, Venus stayed silent as she felt a gaze on her the whole time. At every red light, Matt would stare at Venus in an attempt to catch her attention; to his disappointment the girl avoided his eyes as much as she could, unable to deal with the shot of pain she'd feel if she did. Venus didn't know how long this thing between her and Matt was going to last but as time went on she grew more angry at the boy.

The seven of them walked into the store laughing hysterically about something Nick said.

"Ok so ima get candy," Venus stated.

"I'll go with you," Zian added, putting an arm around her shoulders. Matt stared down the pair as if they were doing something they weren't supposed to.

"Matt and I will get sodas, what do you guys want?" Chris added. They all told him what everyone wanted and Laylah and Divina went to get chips. As they all walked away, Matt looked behind his shoulder watching as Venus and Zian walked away. He couldn't help but hate the boy for being so touchy with her even though he had ruined things for the both of them.

"So how does Venus know Zian? It's so weird how I just became friends with him a few weeks ago and it turns out they knew each other," Matt asked, trying to get information without being too intrusive.

"Believe it or not, they were best friends in high school and Laylah told me they secretly had crushes on each other but never admitted it. They drifted after graduation though," Chris replied as he scanned the refrigerators.

"If they drifted, how are they friends now?"

"Uh I'm not sure I think they probs just met up again, how am I supposed to know? You're asking a lotta questions Matty boyyyy are you jealoussss?" Chris teased ruffling his brother's hair.

"No I'm not. I'm just curious," Matt said defensively, hitting the boy in the arm.

"Ouch, ok, whatever you say," Chris simply raised his arms up in surrender. Matt was convinced that Zian and Venus had something going on especially if they had crushes on each other back in school. Only, he also knew that he was talking to Kya which meant he had no right to be mad at them, he messed up  and now he had to deal with the consequences.

"What about Kyaaa?" Chris nudged Matt, changing the subject.

"What about her?" he asked, avoiding his brother's eyes.

"Well, how's it going between you two?" the boy pushed.

"Fine."

"Wowww is that really all I'm gonna get?"

"Yeah, I mean she's great and I like her a lot," Matt answered with insincerity in his voice.

"Yeah just like you liked Venus a lot," Chris said, quickly covering his mouth with his hands and looking at his brother sympathetically, "sorry, that came out wrong." Matt stayed silent, looking over the drinks as he thought of something to say.

"Yeah, just like I liked Venus a lot but this time it'll work out and I don't have to worry about ruining the friendship group in the process," he snapped in a hostile tone. Chris looked at him as he tried to see if he was telling the truth but Matt was standing still with his hair over his eyes. He knew his brother was lying though, Matt used to never shut up about how perfect Venus was, he was falling in love, there was no way that he had moved on so quickly. However, he would never admit it. Matt would deny any allegations made that meant that he acted the way he did because he was running from his feelings for the girl.

"Sure," was all Chris said as he grabbed a multi pack of Pepsi and Dr Pepper and walked away to meet with the others.

"Laylah, have you gotten your shit yet?" he asked as he approached the girl, holding the camera in his direction.

"Yup! Divina left me to go find Venus and Zian though," She laughed.

"Peak, long day for you, where did they go?"

"Uh i don't know let's go find them, vamanos!" she said in her Dora voice. She held his hand as they walked around the store. The sound of laughter and yelling could be heard from across the entire store, the pair turned the corner to see Zian carrying a squirmish Venus over his shoulder.

"Put me the fuck down Zian before i throw hands," the girl warned as she kicked her legs.

"And how exactly are you gonna do that?" he teased, continuing to run around in circles.

"Now this is quality content," Laylah said as she began recording as the scene unfolded. Divina ran up to Venus and started tickling her sides.

"WHAT DID I DO TO YOU GUYS!" Venus shouted between fits of laughter, "I swear if you don't put me down ima piss myself!" Zian immediately put her down and regretted it as he saw the girl running towards him; before he knew it, he was tackled to the floor with an angry looking Venus on top of him.

"Payback bitch!" she shouted as she tickled him. Everyone had their phones out recording the two when an announcement sounded that the store was closing.

"It's only like seven, why is the store closing?" Divina whined.

"Ok let's go pay for this shit," Chris said, taking Laylahs hand again, leading them out of the aisle.

Venus was climbing off Zian when she locked eyes with Matt. Her position made her feel awkward and she stood up quickly readjusting the shorts she was wearing. Matt kept staring which made her more uncomfortable, it was as if he was mad at her even though he was meant to be trying to fix their friendship.

"Uh a little help please?" Zian broke the silence that felt eternal.

"Oh yeah sure," Venus held out her hand to the boy pulling him up. Once she turned back around she noticed Matt had looked away but still stood there like he was waiting for her. "Ima go get another drink, I forgot to tell Chris which one I wanted," she told the boy to which he nodded and walked away. Venus hurriedly walked out of the isle and to the drinks wanting to get away from Matt. She stood in front of the drinks, searching for the one she wanted, finding a tall Fanta bottle. When walking towards the cashier, she felt a hand on her shoulder. The girl turned around to see Matt looking at her with dark circles around his sad eyes. She felt sorry for him at this moment - wondering what could've caused him to be in this state little did she know, it was her.

"Venus, please can we talk or if you don't want to, can you just hear me out?" He said quickly.

"Matt-" she began.

"Please just hear me out," he took her hands and held them tightly sending a wave of butterflies through her. He stared into her brown eyes full of a complexity of emotions yet still warm as they always were.

"Ok," he sighed, looking away as he tried to conjure up the words he had practised in his head every day since they stopped talking.

"I wanna start off saying I'm so sorry for the way I acted towards you. I don't really have a explanation for it, after the night on the beach I was just so confused and it really overwhelmed me-"

"So you thought the best thing to do was to air me," she said bitterly, taking her hands back watching as Matt's face physically dropped. His heart stung seeing her avert her gaze from him as tears began to swell in her eyes.

"No. Well yeah, kinda. I didn't know how to handle our situation as you know I really liked you but I didn't wanna ruin our friendship group cause if we didn't work out the way we wanted, our group would fall apart cause we'd stop talking," he explained.

"Well you did that anyway and our group didn't fall apart, we did," she lowered her head, her voice cracking at the last part. He lifted her head to look at him, wiping the tears that escaped.

"I realised that and I'm sorry. I know you said you needed time away but I needed to tell you this cause you deserved an explanation," he said with sincerity in his voice.

"I appreciate it," was all she said.

"Can we be friends?" He asked quietly, looking at her with hopeful eyes.

"Sure, but we'll probs never go back to the way it was, you hurt me a lot and I hope you know that, you made me feel so fucking sad and miserable cause I thought I did something to you but the whole time you were just too much of a pussy to ever do something about your feelings," she said coldly as she recalled the past two weeks.

"I know, I'm so fucking sorry, V," he said half happy about being on friendly terms again but his heart aching as he realised that what they had was forever gone. "As long as we're friends that's all that matters."

"Yeah," she let out a small smile. Matt missed when they would be able to have a conversation about anything and not feel awkward, he hated himself for letting it get to this point and for hurting Venus. He missed seeing her smile every time she saw him and the way she blushed when he complimented her. He knew it was all over now and he just had to accept it.

"Come on let's find the others," she said as she started walking in the direction she was originally going only this time with Matt walking next to her, his hand entangled with hers. He looked down at her and smiled to which she returned, silently cursing herself for feeling those same butterflies tickle the bottom of her stomach.

Authors Note

This is probs the longest chapter I've written jeez also i started exam season so for the next two weeks i'm gna be uploading at weird times cause ima try put new chapters out to keep the book going I've written like five more i just haven't read over them yet but i will soon dwdw

I never realized how short my chapters were at the start of this book like i'd get so mad if i was reading that soz guys lol

Anyways Venus and Matt are friends againnnn but she said that they would probably never go back to the way it was. That bit hurt to write but at least there' s progresssss and idk if you guys have forgotten but the party is coming up soon too which i just have more sad things happening tehehehe

Well i hope you all had a great day or have a good day idk what time it is for everyone,, please remember to eat and drink and that you deserve everything good that happens to you!

Love, Deven <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 634 36
❝ in his eyes, valentine could do no wrong. in his eyes, valentine was perfect. ❞ ⋆ . ˚ ✩ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ――― things were going perfect for 𝘃𝗮𝗹�...
9.2K 110 11
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛: CHRIS IS IN LOVE WITH HIS BEST FRIEND. HE WANTS HER TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND SO BAD. SO BAD THAT HE RESORTS TO USING WIKIHOW TO GET ROMI...
100K 1.7K 31
🌸 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 ⎯ ex lovers, matt sturniolo and hope dalton, who couldn't quite make it work the first time round d...
11.2K 390 10
❝ here to watch me beat your boyfriend, denni? ❞ ❝ over my dead fucking body, sturniolo. ❞ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛. . . ever since she was young, 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗶𝘇...