Lightning Flower || A ZenNezu...

By Breeownie

Nezuko? Yes, Zenitsu? What do you like about me? What do you mean? What do you see in me that girls happen to... More

The Girl With Pink Eyes(Zenitsu's Eyes)
The Boy With Yellow Eyes(Nezuko's Eyes)
School(Zenitsu's Eyes)
Lonely(Nezuko's Eyes)
When The Puzzle Pieces Fall In Place(Zenitsu's Eyes)
Colors(Zenitsu's Eyes)
The Kamaboko Squad Minus One(Nezuko's Eyes)
How To Move On(Zenitsu's Eyes)
A Past Heartbreak(Nezuko's Eyes)

Sad Story(Nezuko's Eyes)

233 6 9
By Breeownie

As you can probably tell, Zenitsu, Dadgoku or...Rengoku is not my actual dad. Or rather...our actual dad. We were adopted by him.

Many, many years ago, we lived a peaceful life with our actual parents. My father had a weak body, but he was still happy. My mother was bright and bubbly person. My brother was an angel from heaven. He always stood up for me against bullies and always made time for me. He also had an incredible sense of smell. I was truly lucky to have him for an older brother.

But then a fire broke out in our home. Only Tanjiro and I survived. It was horrible. I remember tears falling from my eyes with no sign of ending. Because my parents had no other relative they were close to, the two of us were sent to an orphanage. It was very hard to stay optimstic, knowing that I'd never hear my dad's wise words, or my mom's light-hearted laughter again. It was just the two of us.

But then we met the warmest man in the entire world. He had a gleam in his eye and a bright smile on his face. Whenever he was around, the children of the orphanage would flock to him and he spend countless hours just hanging out with them. But out of all the kids, Tanjiro and I were the closest to his heart. I could tell even though I was still so young. I remember that everytime he was there, the children would compete for his affection. The two of us however stayed out of it and enjoyed his time while he was there, secretly hoping he'd sign the adoption papers and take us home with him. But then he stopped coming. Us children would cry and whine and ask the caretakers where he was.

Eventually, the children of the orphanage forgotten about the warm man, but not me or Tanjiro. We believed he come back and adopt us. Soon, our fellow orphan mates were getting adopted constantly. All sorts of adults bonded with them and soon took them home. But even though we had also bonded with them, we however still found ourselves in the orphanage. Soon, there were no other kids left. The only children that was there for adoption was me and my brother. Then, a miracle happened. After so long, the warm man returned. After so long, we could play with him again but that's not why he came. During his first visit after a long time he spent it talking with the orphanage owner. The talking took a long time and we had no idea what it was about until he returned again. When he did, he said with a warm smile, "Tanjiro. Nezuko. Let's go home!" We weren't sure what he meant so we asked him. Then, he said "I talked with the owner. She's letting me adopt you."

Those last words sent the two of us in tears of joy. After so long, we'd finally had a family again. We packed our things and left the orphanage with that man. He explained to us why he hasn't been back in a while. He never intended to adopt a kid from the orphanage, but seeing how me and Tanjiro behave, he figured that it wouldn't hurt to actually try it. So, he's been spending the past few months trying to secure a living space so that he'd be ready to adopt. All around him, he saw kids he had seen in the orphanage hanging out with their newfound families, but never once did he see us with our own pair of adoptive parents. So he decided that if there was one family we were going to join it would be his own. You see, Zenitsu. That warm man in that story is our adoptive father, Kyojuro Rengoku or Dadgoku.

Everyday seemed like a good one with him as a dad. I can't remember a bad day. We made so many memories while growing up with him. No matter what, he always seem to have time for the two of us. He'd help us with our homework, take us to the park to play and get us ice cream. Everyday, we made so many memories. Tanjiro was so charmed by his constant warmth that he was determined to be the same when he grew up. I was sure that this happiness would never end, but I was wrong.

Sometime during our new life, Tanjiro started getting sick. His nose wasn't working like it use to and he was finding it harder to breathe. Worried, we took him to the hospital. There the doctors and nurses told us that Tanjiro was suffering from a serious disease known as pneumonia. Dadgoku and I begged the hospital to do something about it and they said that they would try their very hardest to save my brother.

Some weeks past, and the nurses said that there was nothing they could do and that Tanjiro was going to die. They said he only have a few more weeks before he finally bit the dust. I wasn't prepared to lose the last member of my family. I remember crying my eyes out. The last time I cried like that was when we found out our parents had perished in the fire. But even on his death bed, my brother found a way to comfort me. He said that no matter what happen, I'd never be alone. He gave me his favorite ascot so that it would always feel like he was still there. He even said that our parents weren't truly gone but instead with us. Even though those words didn't change the fact that he was going to die, it was still strong enough to comfort me.

Finally, that day came. The doctors asked us if we'd like to bury Tanjiro or cremate him. I wasn't comfortable with the thought of burning my dead brother so we chose to bury him. We buried him at the funeral home next to Mom's and Dad's graves. Our friends from school was there too. Even though they weren't as close to him as I was, his death hurt them just as much as it hurt me. Ever since the funeral, nothing was the same.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Zenitsu: *Tears* H-H-How long has it been since your brother's death.

Me: *Tears* Thr-Three years. Tanjiro has been dead for three years and yet after three years, it still hurts me. This ascot doesn't go with my clothing pattern because it was his ascot. I know how to play the guitar because he taught me. I was sadden by your kindness towards me because it reminded me of him. When I said that I'd have someone to sniff out my lost items for me, I was referring to his strong sense of smell. I'm sorry I've been getting you down with my sad behavior. The truth is that after three years we still haven't recovered. Dadgoku is stronger than me but even he's still sad about it.

Zenitsu: Nezuko, thank you for telling me how you were feeling? I'm sorry about your brother and I'm sorry for assuming that he was some sort of monster who hurt you in the past.

Me: *Sniffs* That's okay, Zenitsu! I'm glad I talked to you too. It was just making me sad keeping it all to myself. I'm glad you stuck your nose into my business.

Zenitsu: *Smiles sweetly before frowning* Nezuko, you should listen to him. It's been three years. Tanjiro had to watch you mourn for him for three years. Would you want him to mourn for you even after years since your death?

Me: N-No, of course not. I'd want him to move on and remember all the good times we had together rather then remember when I bit the dust.

Zenitsu: Then that's what he wants from you. I understand what its like to lose someone close to you, Nezuko. Trust me, I had a brother once too. Now...he's gone.

Me: I'm...so sorry to hear that, Zenitsu.

Zenitsu: No, don't be. It's okay. It took me a while, but I was able to accept his death and move on. Now when I think of him, I remember all the times we spent together. All the mischief we got into and all the memories we spent. If I can do that, than you can do the same with Tanjiro. I know it'll take a while, but he's right. No matter how many people you lose, you'll never truly walk alone. You still have your Dadgoku, you still have your friends. Now, you have me. *Warm smile* Cheer up, Nezuko. I'm here to have fun, so let's have some fun before I have to leave.

I reached in and hugged my friend. He truly was a kind person. Maybe meeting him in the park was fate? That's when Dadgoku came in.

Dadgoku: Hey, dinner's- (concerned) is everything okay?

Me: *Stops hugging* Uh, yes, Dadgoku! Me and Zenitsu were just talking and just spending time.

Dadgoku: Okay, I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong? Dinner's ready? Have you found a board game for us to play?

Me: Uh huh. Candyland!

Zenitsu: Candyland! I love that broad game! It's my favorite one.

Me: *Excited* Mine too!

Dadgoku: Then how about we play Candyland while we eat?

Me: That's a great idea! *Grabs Zenitsu's wrist* Let's go, Zenitsu!

The three of us went back to the kitchen. I spread the board game across the table and sat the small parts of the game in the case to keep them safe. I think we played about four rounds of Candyland. After that, Dadgoku found our UNO cards and we started playing that too. Unfortunately, I didn't win one game. The guys were just too good. Then it became time for Zenitsu to go back to his place. We walked him out and got ready for bed ourselves. Before we actually went to sleep though, Dadgoku and I were talking in my room.

Dadgoku: What were you and Zenitsu talking about, Nez?

Me: *Sighs* I finally told him about Tanjiro. It actually did me good getting that out. You're not worried are you?

Dadgoku: *Shakes head* No. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't doing anything to hurt my daughter.

Me: *Chuckles* Dadgoku. Zenitsu's a nice guy. He'd never do that.

Dadgoku: *Pats my head* I'm just teasing you. *Kisses me on the forehead* Goodnight, Nezuko!

Me: *Hugs him* Goodnight, Dadgoku! See you in the morning.

Dadgoku left my room to allow me to get some shuteye. While laying in my bed, I decided to take my brother's advice. I focused on the fun memories I've spent with him. It was a bit sad at first knowing that I wouldn't be making any further memories with him but I was able to but the sad stuff aside and focus my attention on the happy stuff. I still had tears falling from my eyes, but those...were tears of...mostly joy. That's how I drifted off. I silently cried myself to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
865K 53.1K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 38.7K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
357K 15.5K 39
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...