The UnWanted Passenger #YourS...

Von intotheunknown_123

Mahaya Roy is an independent lady of twenty-four, working as a lawyer in a successful firm in Mumbai. One ni... Mehr

Pilot.
Fate intervenes
Guy in the backseat of the car
Getting to know each other part.
Unwanted Collegue.
Male egos and competition.
Secrets.
For Paul.
That Awkward Moment
Fair game
The End.
Permission granted.
Territorial b*tch
Oblivion is a bliss.
Getting into character.
Secret reveals
Birthday dinner
Kiss seals the deal
Love Guru
Secrets
Naive Yashraj
Opening up
Best wedding ever.
Patience is a virtue
Blast from the plast
Betrayal stinks
The one where he knows it all. (Collaboration)
The one with the goodbyes.
Author's note.
The one with tieing lose ends.
Epilogue.
Announcement
BONUS: Married With Benefits.

Unknown jealousy

7K 428 58
Von intotheunknown_123

Love may exist without jealousy, although this is rare; but jealousy may exist without love, and this is common.

_________________________________

Chapter nine: Unknown Jealousy

It had been a month since Yashraj Rathore had moved in and Mahaya was getting used to him.

In fact, they even went out together, just the two of them, for two other movies. And they had fun.

It was soon that Mahaya realised that she enjoyed his company.

He was fun to be around, goofy, silly and always on sugar rush.

One day, while driving to home, she saw Yashraj walking down the street, searching for a rickshaw. She made him sit in, even though he insisted, and that's when she realised that he always took a rickshaw or train home.

She felt pity and since that day and after they'd always come and leave together.

Last week, on their way from work, they had to take the other route as their normal one was jammed with traffic.

On the new route, there was a line of candy stores and Yashraj insisted on stopping in each one of them.

Usually by the time people crossed their mid-twenties, they seem to control themselves. Yashraj was all about letting lose.

Maybe that's why he and Tanya blend so well.

Slowly yet firmly, Yashraj was growing on everyone.

Her father seemed to be okay with him so that meant her uncle and her aunt were okay with him.

Her grandfather was always cool with her friends whereas her gran and mother are still a completely different story.

Kartik had introduced Yashraj to his friends but he didn't seem so fond of them, something that delighted Mahaya.

So, after a month, it seemed that Yashraj had always been there.

And they had an everyday routine.

First the breakfast, then the two would drive to work together in order to save the petrol, that is to save Mother Earth.

At the end of the day, they would drive together back and both of them would tell each other about their day.

Their friendship was new and refreshing and Mahaya was happy.

She never thought she could enjoy being with a guy who acted like a twelve year old everyday but she'd gotten used to him.

Mahaya whistled as she waited for Yashraj to get down.

Both of them were going to go back home and it was already eight.

Then she saw him getting out.

"Where were you?!" She asked him, annoyed as she revived the engine.

"Scoring a date." He smirked.

Mahaya looked at him and then in front again.

"You shouldn't get involved with someone you work with." She said nonchant aly.

"Why?"

"Because when you break up, it will cause friction when you work together." She replied.

Somehow it was important to her that she convinced him.

"Well, it's a good thing we ain't in the same department." He replied.

From the corner of her eye, she could see him grin.

"Oh, which department is she from then?" She said, trying to maintain a blank voice.

"She's a lawyer. In fact I think you know her. Her name's Rashi?" He said, trying to remind her but Mahaya needed no reminder.

She brought the car to a halt at the signal and stared at him, her jaw touching the ground.

"Rashi Chandak?!"

"You do know her!" Yashraj grinned.

She nodded.

"You won't be seeing her." She ordered.

Yashraj laughed.

"Sorry. I think I misheard you."

"No, you didn't. I don't like her. And as my friend, you shouldn't be seeing her." Mahaya tried to reason.

The signal turned green and she started driving.

"Mahi, you are making no sense." Yashraj said, sounding confused.

Three weeks ago, Yashraj had called her Mahi and other than him, only her father called her that.

And it warmed her heart whenever he said that.

"Of course I am." She said.

"No. You are more mature than that." Yashraj argued.

He made a good point but Mahaya knew that her sole chance of winning this argument was behaving childish and illogical.

"Yes and that's why I'm saying that you can't date her. She's my competitor!"

Yashraj knew about the New York Project and how important it is to her but Yashraj also knew Rashi.

She wouldn't show interest in him because he was friends with Mahaya.

"She isn't going to date me because she sees me as a potential source of information about you!" He argued.

"I'm just saying it's a possibility!" She said, raising her hands as she pulled in into the parking lot.

Why was she acting like this?

Sure, they'd grown closer over the month. Closer than expected but they'd never shown romantic interest in each other.

Yeah, Yashraj found her hot and dominating, which was a turn on, but that's all it was limited to. Physical attraction.

Then he smirked.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous."

Mahaya scoffed as she parked.

"Me? Jealous. Hah! Double hah." She said as she got out.

She shot Yashraj an irritated look when she noticed he was still smirking.

"Stop smirking, okay? I just don't want you to be taken advantage of, you know. You're my friend and you're new here. So, I'm looking out for you, you know, as a friend should do." She tried explaining herself as she pressed the six and eight floor buttons.

Yashraj nodded.

"Or you're just jealous." He smirked and she glared at him.

"And why would I be jealous? I don't even like you!" She exclaimed as she tapped her right foot impatiently.

Yashraj took a step towards her, pressing his left arm against the wall.

Mahaya was trapped and her breathing stopped.

This wasn't supposed to happen. They were friends, good friend in fact, and this was crossing the boundaries.

He pressed the stop button and the elevator stopped instantly.

"I think you like me. I think you are attracted to me." He whispered huskily, brushing his nose against hers.

His cologne was all around her and her heart began to beat fast.

"I am not." She said calmly and surprised herself too.

He smirked and Mahaya looked at the shining white teeth.

His minty fresh breath was against her lips.

"Don't lie Mahi. Acceptance is the first step."

Mahaya narrowed her eyes.

"Towards what?"

Yashraj's eyes widened as he lost focus.

"I-I don't know." He said thoughtfully and then the elevator doors opened.

When had the elevator moved, neither of them noticed.

Yashraj jumped back as he ran a hand through his hair.

"What is the second condition about the employment, Mr. Rathore?" Her father asked calmly.

Mahaya was feeling hot and nervous, probably mimicking Yashraj.

She looked at her father, standing in a crisp three piece suit, looking at Yashraj intently.

"No-not to lay a finger on your daughter, sir." Yashraj fumbled.

"And what were you doing?"

"Technically sir, I wasn't even touching her." He said in a soft voice.

Mahaya was trying hard not to chuckle as she looked at her father.

Though he had caught them in a really awkward and embarrassing situation, Mahaya found this situation hilarious because her father was humiliating Yashraj and having fun.

The twinkle in his eyes was the evidence.

Her father stood between them and the elevator began to move.

Mahaya poked him and he looked at her, winking.

Mahaya let out a soft chuckle while Yashraj loosened his tie, trying to ease his anxiousness.

The elevator pinged and her father stepped out.

"Second condition son, second condition." He said before leaving.

_______________________________________

Hey, I know most of you were wondering how their relationships escalated so fast but I'm trying to he realistic.

It's rare but things do escalate fast and I'm just trying to pen it down.

Hope you guys like it. :)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

112K 5.2K 55
𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 #1 Aryan Roy, known in legal circles as 'the legal shark,' stands at an imposing 6'2" with a magnetic charm that f...
371K 24.9K 34
Join Yuvanika Rajput and Shivansh Singh Rajawat on their journey of love and hate . Yuvanika Rajput: A 27 year old Criminal Lawyer who lives in Jodhp...
1.8M 71.7K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...
31.8K 2.4K 18
TO EVERYONE WHO BELIEVE IN DESTINY 🌷🌷🌷 ADITYA MALHOTRA,26 years old. CEO of MALHOTRA companies. Aditya is a very bol...