Trust In Me (Triplets book 2)

By Sarahbeth552002

#1 in Chicklit One day, in the elevator at work, Shayne Richards saw him. He was handsome and quiet, and he d... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Next to Me (Triplets book 3)

Chapter 28 (The End)

13.4K 906 214
By Sarahbeth552002

Shay and Phee were up with the sun, watching Elyse do all her pre-checks for the flight. They stood silently together as she walked around the helicopter, making notes on a clipboard.

"How long will it take, do you think?" Shay asked.

Both women had their arms crossed as they watched.

Phee shrugged. "In the past, she is always back right before sundown, but she'll have Sawyer with her this time."

Shay smiled. "That would be enough to make me want to get back as soon as possible."

They were both silent as they watched Elyse finish, load up, start the giant machine, and watch her lift off. It would be a long day for all three ladies for very different reasons.

Shay and Phee had breakfast together, then headed to the office to stay busy until Elyse returned. It was just past four o'clock when Bradly decided to stop by and say hello.

"I hear we have some famous visitors coming today," he said as she perched on the edge of Shay's desk.

"Did you?" Shay asked as she picked up some filing and moved away from where he was sitting.

"I did," he grinned, not put off in the least that she was giving him the cold shoulder. "You don't like me much, do you?" he asked.

Shay was saved from having to respond by the vibration of a helicopter.

"They're here!" she grinned as she dropped her files and raced to the area behind the buildings where the helicopter always landed. Phee was right on her heels, and Bradly and a few of the other workers all made their way out a little more slowly.

Elyse set the machine down gently, and they listened to the gentle whine the helicopter made as it powered down. Phee and Shay were trying to see in the windows to verify who was on board. When the door opened, they both moved forward. The first to get off was Sawyer, who smiled and waved before turning to help his parents down from their seats.

Shay didn't miss the appreciative giggles and murmurs that passed between the rest of the female staff at the sight of her brother. She took a moment to look over at Bradly and noticed him frown at the sudden competition.

Reyna and Pops moved toward the little greeting committee, hugging and kissing Phee and Shay before asking to be introduced to the others. Shay made the introductions because the moment Phee spotted Sullivan, she was off like a shot.

After the introductions were made, Shay looked back toward the helicopter and noted that Phee was clinging to Sullivan, and Sawyer and Nate were walking toward her.

Sawyer hugged Shay. "We brought you your Nate. He doesn't talk much, does he?"

Shay shook her head as she met Nate's eyes over her brother's shoulder.

"Go on, I'll introduce myself to the others." He grinned down at her.

Shay grinned back, then turned toward Nate and rushed him, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him close.

"I missed you!" she whispered when he dropped his bag and pulled her close.

He looked at her intently for a moment as if he was memorizing her face. "I missed you too," he responded before capturing her lips with his own.

Shay melted into him as she kissed him back.

"I love you," she said when they broke apart.

A smile lit up his face. "I n-needed to hear th-that. I love you too. Is there somewhere we can go to talk?" he asked, looking around at everyone who was now watching them.

"Yes, but first, let me introduce you to everyone." She took his hand and led him toward the crowd of people. The introductions were made in a rush, and as soon as Shay could, she grabbed his hand and led him toward the supply building.

"There's no privacy here," Shay admitted as she closed the door behind them and locked it.

She turned and looked at him, taking in his relaxed appearance.

"You look good, Nate."

"And you look beautiful, Shay."

Shay rushed toward him once more, and they shared another kiss that escalated quickly.

"No, hold on," Nate said, breaking the kiss and setting her away from him.

"I have to tell you why I'm here. I take it you knew I was coming?" Nate took her hands in his.

"I found out yesterday, and I don't care why you are here. I'm only glad that you are." Shay stepped toward him, and he stepped back.

"Not yet, Shay. I mean it," Nate looked very stern, and Shay sighed.

"Will you look at our kids like that when they're in trouble?" Shay felt giddy at the thought. This must be what Phee felt like the day before when she said she would love to have a little Sully.

"Kids?" Nate asked, his eyes growing wide at the thought.

"That's why you're here, right. For me, to be with me?" Shay frowned. Had she got it wrong?

"Yes, but I hadn't made that jump yet." Nate leaned heavily on some boxes behind him.

"You do want kids, don't you?" Shay bit her lip, unsure.

"I took a sabbatical from Wright Financial. I put Ellen in charge. She's only to contact me under the direst of circumstances." Nate rubbed his face.

It was too much at once for him. Shay moved to sit next to him and took his hand in hers.

"Ellen is a perfect choice," Shay agreed. "What will you do now?" It was hard, but she took a deep breath and forced herself to calm down.

"Your mother said there was trouble with the engineer here, so she asked if I wanted to take his place. Sawyer recommended me for the job. He felt he needed to apologize for the drunk texts." Nate was talking about one thing but thinking about another. He was thinking about little Shays.

"Yes, Bradly likes to hit on the women. He is particularly interested in Elyse." Shay frowned. "Sawyer mentioned you for the job?"

"Yes, he needed someone to drunk text since everyone else had been traveling. He's quite verbose. He got the idea to come here and see his girl, Elyse?" he asked.

"Yes," Shay nodded.

"Then he mentioned me joining him to get my girl, and it all just clicked. Everyone saw it but me. I'm your Nate." He gave her a tender smile.

Shay looked at Nate with her heart in her eyes. "You left everything behind, for me?"

"I didn't necessarily leave it; I just made some serious changes for us." Nate tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. "The night of the premiere, when I left you with your family and walked away, I felt like I was leaving a part of me behind. I took it to heart when you said I was forcing myself to be someone I wasn't by going to a job that I hated every day."

Nate stood and walked to the other side of the small room. "For the past few years, my reward for getting out of bed and going to a job I hate was getting to see you on the elevator every day. When I realized that I might never see you again, it all seemed so worthless. I saved the company. It's healthy and where it needs to be. I've done my duty, and now it's time to do something for myself, which is being here with you."

Shay reached up and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Seeing you every morning was the only thing that got me out of bed every day too. On the days you weren't there, I would worry that I might not see you again. We hadn't even spoken, and we were already attached."

"I need you, Shay. Without you, there's no light in my life." Nate's voice broke, and he reached for her.

Shay went to him willingly. "We need each other, Nate."

"Will you marry me, Shay? Will you trust in me for the rest of your life to give you everything you need to be happy?" Nate traced her face.

"Yes," she smiled through her tears. "Will you trust in me also?"

"Just being with you makes me happy. I don't want us ever to be apart again. Where you go, I'll go."

"And where you go, I'll go," Shay agreed. "It sounds like we're writing our vows already. Can we get married here?"

"I'm ready when you are." He pulled her tight against him.

There was a bang on the door. "You're seven minutes are up! It's Phee and Sully's turn. I held them off as long as I could," Sawyer hollered from the other side of the door.

Shay laughed and wiped her eyes. "There's no privacy here."

"We'll figure it out," Nate assured her as he walked to the door.

"I'm glad you and Sawyer are going to be friends. I think he needs one," Shay whispered.

"The good thing about Sawyer is that he does all the talking," Nate whispered back before he opened the door.

They were both laughing as Sawyer looked at them.

"Did you work it all out?" he wanted to know as he eyed them.

"Yes, we will get married as soon as it can be arranged." Shay nodded.

Sawyer shouted and threw his arms around their shoulders. "You're in luck. Pop just accepted a small part in a new movie as a wedding planner."

"That's a joke, right?" Shay was panicked at the thought.

Sawyer grinned, then darted off to find everyone for the announcement.

"Sawyer, that better be a joke!" she called after him.

"It's not love. Pops was telling me all about it on the trip over. He bought all the bridal magazines he could find. He was very disappointed when he realized none of them had crossword puzzles in them." Nate grabbed Shay's hand. "Play nice, Shay, for the sake of our children. They'll need aunts, uncles, and grandparents, and they'll have to all come from your side."

"You're alright with that?" Shay whispered.

"More than alright. I'm home." He whispered before he kissed her deeply.

Shay knew exactly what he meant.

The End

***Thanks for hanging in there with me and reading along.  It's just the beginning of their journey, and we will see more of it in Sawyer and Elyse's story.  Happy reading until the next one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 9.2K 33
Widower Alec Mason couldn't let go of his late wife. He still said her name with every breath he breathed. Beth Richards was best at her job. She wa...
14M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...
212K 5.6K 32
A cloud covers her eyes as the anger takes over her. I grab her wrists and push her up against the cold wall behind her. I grab her jaw a little too...
614K 17.7K 105
WARNING: DO. NOT. EVER. WITNESS. A. MURDER. Because it can just turn your beautiful life upside down. - Naomi Nolan ...