𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 π₯𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭𝐬 ━━ 𝐬...

By haleyboook

steven grant's next door neighbor, genevieve kekoa is a recent art school graduate hoping to be the next real... More

prologue
beginnings
a part of history
you're the reason
my body
deserved
killing spree
she's back
the fight
the tomb kiss

afterlife of a god

448 19 7
By haleyboook

· ─────── · ✵ · ─────── ·

Steven shouts "Hippo! Hippo!"

Marc says "Oh man! Wow these meds are really amazing."

Tawret says "Is he always so intense?"

Steven quickly holds tightly to Genie's arm and says "Who, him? Yeah, pretty much."

I roll my eyes as Genie steps forward, she smiles as she reaches for Tawret. I shake my head saying "Taweret, stop scaring people."

She smiles and Marc says "You know her??"

Taweret says "So, are you two, like, twins?"

I laugh and Steven says "Yeah. Sort of." Marc glares

I look around at the dissolved hospital, all being left is the pyramid I grew up with. I spin around seeing Genie dissapeared. "Genie? Genevieve?"

Taweret says "You know the cost, Sorah." I look to her angrily and say "No. Taweret, the scales need to decide. Osiris weighs the scales."

"Since you don't have anything to weigh, he rendered Genie human and she's gone."

She says calmly "Osiris and Anubis have decided without you."

"No. I need to speak to them. This isn't fair."

Marc says "Sorah, what's going on?" Steven looks to us and I say "Osiris and Anubis have decided Genie's fate without me."

Steven says "What fate is that?"

Marc realizes and looks towards me. He says "Sorah.. don't do anything rash.." Stevens says "I'm sorry, what is Genie's fate? What is it?"

"Genevieve was a gift from the gods. Archie and her mother served the gods for so long and they requested the gods help. To have a child. Hence her name, Genevieve means gift from the gods. She was only created for Sorah and she's going to give her life for Sorah, as most do for gods and goddesses."

I snap saying "They don't need to know this, Taweret!"

Marc says "Sorah.." attempting to calm me down

My anger bubbles and I shout "Enough!! I wish to speak with Anubis myself! You said that's where she is!"

"Sorah. That isn't possible. You are required to go back with the other gods."

I grit my teeth saying "Not without Genevieve."

Taweret says "I apologize. Genevieve is already in the sands of Duat. And you must return without her."

"Return where?! What body?? If Genevieve is gone what body am I supposed to inhabit? What fucking body, Taweret??"

She pauses and says "You will do as the other gods do, acquire an Avatar finally. You'll lose some control and say but it will be fine after an adjustment period I'm sure."

I grit my teeth saying "That isn't what my Grandfather wanted for me. It's the reason he gifted Genevieve to her parents. It wasn't just a gift for her parents, it was my chance at a life! I will speak to Anubis myself, now!"

Taweret's eyes widen and she says "Duat, is where you will find Genevieve, but I can't promise she'll return with you. If Anubis has gotten to her already."

I shake my head saying "Anubis and my grandfather are friends, I don't understand why he would do this to me."

Taweret says "Listen to me, your parents, I love them, but they have no say in the matter. Neither does your grandfather, he's succumbed some of his power to reach your mother and protect you. Your mother is still held in stone."

Parents?

Meaning my father?

I ask "My father? What does he have to do with this? I don't even know him."

Taweret ignores me saying "I actually have cards, I'll go over those first... Well, the Duat's true nature is impossible for the human mind to comprehend you two may perceive this realm as something more easily recognizable to you. Sorah sees it as she is, because of her godly status. Though, she could opt in on the illusion if she'd like. A pysch world is a first for both of us I'm sure."

I glare at her and Marc says "Surely we're dead."

I hurl a wave of power towards Taweret and she gasps. "That is not nice Sorah! Not nice! I'm in the middle of an explanation to your boyfriends!"

I say angrily "I want my mother. If I'm here I want to be with her. I don't want to speak with you. I want my mother."

She shakes her head saying "That's not possible. I'm sorry. But, as I said, I can... I suppose help you find Anubis."

I'm pulled away from Marc and Steven quickly as Taweret leads us different ways

She warns me "He isn't who he's depicted to be in the real world. Be cautious and good luck with the grumpy old man."

She quickly disappears to assist Marc and Steven I can only assume

I stop in front of Anubis's gates. "Let me in you stupid old god!"

The gates creak open and I quickly step through. He smiles to me as he steps down the steps "Sorah! Hello my dear!"

"Where's Genevieve??"

His eyes widen and he says "Getting down to business I see, already. Your Grandfather always said you were so much like him. Didn't believe it until now."

I narrow my eyes at him saying "You don't get to bring up my grandfather. You're the reason he's being detained. Unable to communicate with me."

"All I did was do as I was asked."

"He trusted you!"

"He was arrogant and should have anticipated my actions."

I grit my teeth saying "He should have overpowered you. Why hasn't he?"

He sits down on the steps saying "So you really only came here for answers."

"What I need is answers and Genevieve. So start talking."

He smiles saying "I do see so much of your mother in you though."

I pause as I look to him. "I'm sure she hated your guts."

"Mmhm. Sure, she didn't like quite a few of us. Pretty controversial. Probably why she wasn't very missed after we set her in stone."

I grit my teeth saying "You bastard."

He nods saying "Yeah. Sounds about right. Sorah, I don't have you answers. The three with your answers would be your parents and grandfather. Not me. I watched you grow up, you think I wanted to do what I did?"

I nod saying "I've heard things about you too, Anubis. You chased after my mother for so long. You didn't get what you wanted, I'm the product of someone else and that bothers you."

"You'd be stronger if you were my daughter."

I scoff saying "I am the granddaughter of Ra. I am Sekhmet's daughter. I am powerful enough with their blood coursing through my veins."

He nods saying "What are you going to do without their power?"

"I have my own power. And a lot of it."

I raise my hand, shooting him in the shoulder. Sending him into loud booming laughter. He smiles saying "You don't know what you're doing."

"Give me back Genevieve and I'll leave this place."

"What about your boyfriends? You'd leave them to die?"

My teeth grit and I say "What'd my father do to you that made you hate him so much?"

"Nothing in particular. He's just an annoying man. Who never deserved everything he was awarded. No more second chances for him. And he took something from me. My life I was supposed to have. He took that from me."

"I'm not my father."

He nods saying "You're nothing like your family in means of power if that's what you're meaning. You're weak. I'd expect a being like yourself to have unmatchable power. Your grandfather is the strongest god and he couldn't even produce a strong legacy. All he has is you."

I glare at him saying "I will kill you."

He smiles saying "Your mother and I, we had some moments together. Good ones."

I scoff saying "My mother would never." He nods saying "You don't know Se the way I do." My anger spikes as I shoot towards him, wounding him. He tumbles back a few steps as I grit my teeth. "Who is my father then?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He sicks skeletons and ghosts after me as I shoot them away from me. Throwing blades and weapons to take them down

"This is only the beginning!" He shouts as he laughs as his throne grows massive as he sits on it

I crumble skeletons under my feet as I pull myself up to his height with the sand around me, swirling around my legs as I lift myself.

He nods and says "Genie, that's a cute nickname. Truly. She's gone though. Your link to the real world will have to be an avatar like the rest of us. No more human life for you. You get to be just like the rest of us."

With the scowl on my face growing I say "Where is she?"

"I already told you! She's dead!"

He motions for the gates to open as he stands up. I stare at the dump of skeletons and ghosts behind the gates. It's disgusting.

I make a face and he says "I'll show you where she is now."

He leads me forward and I let my mind roam as I think of who my father could be. My memory of him is spotty. It's always been my grandfather. And my mother.

Anubis says "Here's what's left of her." He motions to the stone or sand figures in the sands of Duat farther past the gates. I feel my mouth drop open as I look to the figure beside her. He nods saying "Yeah. It's who you think it is."

I feel my throat tighten and I step forward. "I told you, she was gone."

I step through the sands, the sand sliding off my body as it can't kill me, not yet. I reach Genevieve and I smile saying "You were my teether to reality. You gave me the only family I ever really had. I miss you already."

Tears well up in my eyes and I look to the familiar figure beside me. I shake my head saying "Oh god."

I touch Steven's face saying "Steven... I'm so sorry. I should have protected you better. I should have done better."

I touch Genevieve's hand and one of her sand fingers snap off. I laugh loudly and shake my head "I'm sorry... sorry." My smile slips as I shake my head.

I turn towards Anubis saying "Bring them back."

He looks to me surprised saying "You do know that's not possible, right?"

I shake my head saying "Why not? Where's Marc? Where is he?"

"Field of ruins."

"I don't believe you."

"He wouldn't even communicate with you if he was here I'm sure. You're the reason he was even put in this scenario. You think he wanted to be wrapped up in a goddesses drama and life?"

I glare at him saying "I understand why my mother never found you amusing."

He chuckles saying "No love for your uncle Anubis?"

"Give me Genevieve and Steven back and maybe I'll reconsider."

"There's nothing for me to do, at least they're together?"

I grit my teeth saying "You're lying."

"Not a good liar, dear. Maybe you should reconsider the whole attempt at being intimidating. It's much more effective when your father attempts it. It feels as if a bunny is pestering me. Very cute but not scary."

I shake my head muttering "not scary my ass..."

I unleash a wave of power, surrounding him and quickly crumbling the ground under him. I shout "You will never be considered a strong god."

"Not even when I kill the notorious goddess, Sorah?"

He stomps his foot, the ground cracking quickly under me, causing me to fall and the power around him diminishing quickly

"The sun and existence of war, possess more power than the dead. You underestimate my power."

Quickly I shine a blinding light above him, causing him to screech as warriors grow from the skeletons and take on figures of light instead

He screams "You'll never get them back!"

He fights back to the best of his ability as I exert power. Power I gained from the gods.

From my powerful family.

He speeds towards me at incredible speeds, hurling me to the ground. Causing me to scream as I hit the ground hard.

The ground clings tightly to me as Anubis sends another strike to my body. I scream as I slowly create a massive sink hole in the ground where I lay

I stand to my feet, spinning my hands as I create a shield out of thin air. Something my mother taught me, a very long time ago

"And you'll be confined to a stone, just as you forced upon my whole family.."

I quickly recite Egyptian scripture, using way too much power to confine him on my own. I scream as I feel his power become suppressed and my strength weaken quickly.

This action is meant to be performed by multiple gods. Not one. Yet, I continue

I fall to the ground as he crumbles to a small figurine of stone. Everything I created around me quickly demolishes as I feel exhaustion overcome me

"God I hate you, Anubis."

· ─────── · ✵ · ─────── ·

haley speaks!
Let's not talk about how long it took for me to get this chapter out, it's embarrassing.. :( so much happened and I got covid and my black eyes finally cleared up. But I'm back and I am determined to finish this book! So here it is! Another chapter!! Wooooohooo!

Q&A: what do you think of ms.marvel so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 1K 34
"After all these years really?" "I had to protect you. You're the brightest star in my life. My star." Soulmates are not that common, but they do e...
112K 4.9K 32
βœ¨πŸŒ™ | πƒπˆπ„π“π„π’ It's something so familiar and strange when I see him, he stands so close yet so far away for me to reach. ━ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡...
21.3K 769 27
Fem reader (y/n) x Steven Grant & Marc Spector (& Jake Lockley) Based on the Moon Knight TV show and comics alongside storylines of my own creation...
5.6K 803 19
He Falls For Bad, She Falls For Good. - This full love story will be trilogy series of 3 books. The story is originally written on Instagram but move...