RWBY, Silver & Amethyst: New...

By Zeta_Lyfe

RWBY, but with the color purple! Mere months after the birth of Ruby Rose, Summer found a baby boy on her doo... More

Chapter 1 The Simplest of Souls
Chapter 2 The Shining Beacon
Chapter 3 The Trial of Compassion
Chapter 4 The First Day
Chapter 5 The Twin Prodigies
Chapter 7 The Best Leaders
Chapter 8 The First Test
Chapter 9 The Forever Fall
Chapter 10 The White Fang
Chapter 11 The Forest of Blood
Chapter 12 The Ultimate Team
Chapter 13 The First Arrival
Chapter 14 The Girl in My Dreams
Chapter 15 The Falling Dice
Chapter 16 The Spinning Coin
Chapter 17 The Knight's Resolve

Chapter 6 The Start of Friendships

236 8 2
By Zeta_Lyfe

April 17th, xx16

With the arrival of their second, first official, weekend in Beacon, a number of students were taking time to unwind after the exhausting first real week of schooling and the stressful One-on-One battles.

Though, the students were not the only ones relaxing. Within the teacher's lounge of the primary school building, a few key members of the staff had gathered. Professor Port was boasting about his second year students, his hair uncombed and coat undone. Professor Oobleck served the three teachers present, himself included, some much needed coffee, missing his tie and shirt untucked. Lastly, Professor Goodwitch sat on the couch, typing away at her computer with her hair undone and flowing to her mid-back.

Port: And I haven't even begun to address Team CFVY!

Oobleck: Yes, yes. Young Adel's team is quite impressive, almost as impressive the last three-hundred sixty-five times you went on tirades over them throughout their first year.

Port: Is it so wrong to be proud of promising future Huntsmen and Huntresses!

Oobleck: Pride is one thing, obsession is another, Peter.

Port: But you can't deny that they're the best students we've had in years!

Glynda: That is a title I'm not sure they'll keep.

The Huntsmen glanced towards the Headmistress, the blonde woman having been relatively silent until now. She paused her typing and for the first time since they'd arrived, looked them in the eyes. They were doubtful. . .

Glynda: Have either of you been keeping up with the One-on-One Combat Trials I had the first years participate in?

Port: Only the ones from Monday and Tuesday. Bartholomew?

Oobleck: Up to Wednesday.

Glynda: Then I suppose that explains why you both seemed apprehensive. As much as I hate to say it. . . a vast majority of our first years had subpar performances. Though, in the videos you've yet to watch, there are a few. . .

Diamonds in the rough.

———————————————————————

Team RWBY's Dorm

It was ten in the morning, and the table was set. Ruby had risen bright and early, and took the liberty to make her team some breakfast for their first real weekend in Beacon. The first actual one was spent adjusting to the school and unpacking.

Ruby: I am hoping to every god in existence that Weiss isn't high and mighty over pancakes. . .

She let out a sigh and stepped into the bathroom, getting ready for a morning shower.

Ruby: Hopefully I get out before Yang eats everything. . . *sweatdrops* Hopefully they wake up before Yang eats everything. . .

In took about five minutes of the shower blasting water for the Yellow Dragon to awake and rise, following closely by the already awake Black Enigma.

Yang: Something smells good.

Blake: Your sister cooked. I figured I'd wait for her to get out of the shower to go eat.

Yang: Mhm. . . Smells really good-

Blake: Do not do what you look like you're going to do.

Yang: Oh come on! It's just one bite!

Blake: . . .

Yang: . . . Okay, I'm lying.

Blake: . . .

Yang: Fine! I won't eat early!

The Enigma rose up, nose buried in a book as she began to get dressed. The Dragon decided to do so as well, though she was a bit noisy, resulting in the final member of RWBY to awaken.

Weiss: What. . . time is it?

Blake/Yang: Ten.

Weiss: TEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If Yang and Blake were sleepy at all, every last remnant of that sleepiness was just expelled. The White Heiress had leaped off her bed and had begun frantically dressing herself and running through her morning routine!

Yang: And you tell us to be quiet!

Weiss: Ten is far too late to be waking up!

Blake: . . . It's a weekend.

Weiss: I'm not like you three miscreants!

Yang: Gee thanks, Weiss.

The aroma of breakfast then hit her. . . and it hit her hard.

Weiss: Who cooked breakfast?

Blake: Our leader.

Upon hearing that, Weiss' will began tearing itself in two, one wanting to eat and the other wanting to burn the food on the plates. . . and then the room shook. She was hungry. She caved.

Weiss: This is my one moment of weakness, neither of you speak of it!

And just like that, the whitette vanished.

Blake: Um, what?

Yang: SHE'S EATING ALL THE FOOD!

The blonde chased her down, Blake facepalming as she followed her lead before they both ate everything. . . And the sight the Red Reaper returned to was a table with twelve stacked plates. . . all empty.

Ruby: . . .

Yang: Ohh. . . *laughs nervously* Hey Rubes!

Blake: Um. . . I. . . I've got nothing.

Weiss: I had nothing to do with this.

Blake/Yang: YOU STARTED IT.

. . .
. . .
. . .

Ruby: . . . . . . (Mumbles) You could've at least left a plate for me.

Yang: I'M SORRY! YOU'RE TOO GOOD AT COOKING!

Blake: Seconded.

Weiss: . . . *blushes* Hmph!

Ruby: . . . I'll never take having shared a room with Moon for granted ever again.

———————————————————————

Moon's Dorm

The Violet Swordsman spent the first half of his day. . . asleep. He spent a majority of his childhood being woken up by his dear sister, who was absent. Without that living alarm, he slept up to one in the afternoon. . . and the only reason he woke up was because the door to his room was busted open.

In the blink of an eye, Luna's mount on the wall was vacant, and the shortsword was in Moon's hands, the tip of the blade a millimeter away from. . . Nora Valkyrie's throat.

Moon: . . .

Nora: . . .

Moon: . . .

Nora: GOOD AFTERNOON!

Moon: . . .

The Silent Ninja appeared in the doorway, deep eye-bags on his face.

Ren: I am so sorry. . .

Moon: . . . *sighs* Why are you two here?

Violet lowered his blade, Nora's smile ever present.

Nora: So. . . We're heading to Vale with the rest of our team, and since you're all alone-

Moon: Harsh.

Nora: -we thought to invite you!

Ren: . . . She was going to kidnap you.

Nora: I WAS NOT!

The Swordsman looked down to his broken door and let out a sigh before returning to his bed, sitting on the mattress.

Moon: Can I say no?

Nora: NOPE-

Ren: Yes!

Violet pinched the bridge of his nose as the two friends began to banter back and forth. . . and before he knew it, there were four of them, he was fully dressed, and now fifth wheeling on an airship heading to Vale. . . .

Vale

Upon arriving at the big city, Team JNPR had vastly underestimated just how massive Vale was. The streets were a maze with so many twists and turns that it left them winded before they even made it far beyond the air platforms.

Nora: . . . Is now a bad time to mention that I've never been to Vale before?

JPR: YES!

Nora: Eh-heh. . .

Moon: *sighs* Stay close in crowds and follow me.

Pyrrha: Hm. . .? Oh, right. You're Valean.

Jaune: How is it even possible to navigate this frickin' labyrinth?

Moon: My sister and I did it every weekend. It's not hard once you start recognizing landmarks. No two buildings are the same.

Nora: I KNEW IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO INVITE HIM-

Pyrrha: -I invited you.

Moon: I got kidnapped.

Jaune: Seriously?

Moon: Nora broke down my door.

She received awkward glances from the rest of her team.

Nora: When you knock twice and don't get an answer, you break down the door! It's as simple as that!

Ren: We need to have a serious discussion about social queues. . .

Jaune: Anyways! Thanks for being our navigator, Moon!

Moon: It's fine. . .

The Violet Swordsman then realized something, coming to an abrupt halt and glanced back at JNPR.

Moon: No one ever told me where we're going.

JNPR: We're looking for an arcade.

Moon: An arcade. . .? Um, why?

Ren: We need to unwind. Games would be a nice way to do so.

Moon: Right, I get that, but. . . There's a lot of things in this city, and you guys chose to look for an arcade. . .?

Jaune: . . . Better to start small?

Moon: . . . Whatever. Just stay close.

It was then that Pyrrha recalled that. . . The only one of them Moon was actually friends with was herself. Sure, he'd gotten along with Ren, Nora, and Jaune just fine the night prior, but it was easy for her to tell he was just being polite. Right now. . . Violet seemed a tad annoyed. Though, JNPR did impose themselves onto him not just once but a second time. . . .

A rave of colors surged out of the doors to biggest arcade in Vale, JNPR gazing at the intimidating structure slack-jawed.

Pyrrha: I thought we were starting small. . .?

Moon: Have fun, and try not to get lost.

The Hyper Viking smiled from ear to ear before vanishing, leaving sparks of electricity in her place as she rushed headfirst into the fun! The Silent Ninja shook his head and sighed, chasing after her. The Bright Knight meekly stepped ahead and awkwardly looked around as the Invincible Spartan stood still, eyes following the lights.

Jaune: Oh boy, this place is massive. . .

Pyrrha: Yes, that it is. . .

Moon: Have you two never been to an arcade before?

Jaune: Again, seven sisters. Anywhere I wanted to go got overruled.

Pyrrha: I. . . I just haven't.

Moon: Then I guess I'll start you guys with something small.

As Moon Lumos marched into the arcade, the leader of JNPR and his partner shared a glance, worrying about his definition of "small."

The arcade itself was three stories high. The first floor was dedicated entirely to actual arcade games, cabinets and shooters galore. The futuristic black room was lit and given a sense of vitality through neon color scheme of the games sprawled about. The stairs led to the second floor, a large balcony overlooking the games below. It was a lounge area, couches, seats, and tables all around with a bar in the back and a small restaurant to the side. Billiards tables were spread out along with a few other table-top games. And the third floor were the obstacle courses, trampoline park, a few sports courts, and the zones for Laser Tag.

Needless to say, this arcade was the full package. And fortunately for Jaune and Pyrrha, billiards wasn't hard to get the hang of.

The Bright Knight and Invincible Spartan were both strangely competitive despite both being relatively mediocre at pool table.

Jaune: Go in! Go in! Go in!

The cue ball struck thirteen, though unfortunately, it stopped right before falling into the corner.

Jaune: Aw, come on!

Pyrrha: My turn!

She had the opposite problem, hitting too hard. The cue ball was exorcised as it flew across the table and hit four, bouncing off a pocket wall and back onto the board.

Pyrrha: B-B-But- Ugh?!

Jaune: Better luck next time!

Pyrrha: Oh, like you're any better!

Violet let out a small laugh as he leaned back against the railing, letting the two have their fun before he'd defeat the both of them. Looking over his shoulder and to the games below, he spotted Ren and Nora playing Space Invaders together, the former calmly shooting while the latter's cursor spazzed around the screen.

Ren: I don't even know what's happening.

Nora: JUST SHOOT AT ANYTHING THAT MOVES!

Ren: Everything is moving!

Nora: Then shoot EVERYTHING!

It was then that Moon heard someone collapse, Pyrrha falling to her knees and bashing the floor. Violet tilted his head before glancing to the table and realizing she knocked in the eight ball early.

Pyrrha: I hate this game. . .

Jaune: And that how we do it!

Moon: Is it?

Both snapped their attention to the ravennette as he popped his knuckles and joined in on the fun. Neither stood a chance. . .

Pyrrha: Yeah, I don't think this is the game for me.

Moon: Then let's go find one.

Air Hockey

The game began, Moon Versus Pyrrha. It was rather tame at first, the two simply knocking the puck back and forth with little results. . . until they began ramp it up.

Moon: Do try to keep up.

Pyrrha: Hm?

He began to hit harder and far faster, the Spartan smiling as she retaliated. The puck rapidly slid back and forth, bouncing off walls repeatedly in constant attempt to make the goal. It's momentum picked up as the players got even faster, their hitters flying from side to side almost inconceivably quick! It wasn't long before Moon and Pyrrha began to leave behind afterimages of their arms, their movements becoming blurs to the Jaune who watched in amazement.

Moon: You're pretty fast.

Pyrrha: I should be saying that to you.

Unfortunately, the game ended in a draw.

Guitar Hero

The Violet Swordsman and Bright Knight were at odds, engaging in a stand off. . . with guitars in the place of their swords. The beats came flying down the screen at speeds rivaling Moon's own, yet both he and Jaune managed to perfectly match it! The clicks to the rainbow colored buttons were lightning fast, and the swings to the center switch were timed expertly!

Moon: How are you so good at this?

Jaune: I've played so much Just Dance that I know pretty much every rhythm known to man! *smirks* Besides, I know how to play an actual guitar.

Moon: Hm. I suppose that makes sense. Any other instruments you play?

Jaune: Uh. . . The Recorder?

Moon: Impressive. *smiles*

Jaune: Alright, I'm beating you now!

Moon: Bring it.

The Invincible Spartan rocked her head to the tune of the music, completely lost in the mess of colors that was the screen of Guitar Hero. Once again, they had to settle on a draw.

Four-Player Shooter

Team JNPR had regrouped, each holding a rifle and firing at the screen, four cursors swaying across the projection as monsters rushed them from all sides! They unleashed a hail of bullets and took down enemy after enemy, claw marks appearing on screen as they were hit by the others!

Jaune: Don't die! Don't die! Don't die!

Pyrrha: Nora, do you need help? You're getting swarmed.

Nora: Nope! Totally fine!

Ren: She just died. And all her enemies are coming to me.

His almost full health bar was depleted in seconds as Nora's swarm transferred over to him.

Ren: I just died.

Nora: Avenge us! Our fearless leader Jaune Arc and his brave sidekick Pyrrha Nikos, fight on in our honor!

The Violet Swordsman watched the chaos unfold, smiling as he leaned against a nearby arcade cabinet.

Moon: . . . It's a futuristic shooter, not ancient.

Nora: Hush you!

Game over!

Jaune/Pyrrha: We died. . .

Nora: How is anyone supposed to beat these games without pouring money into it?!

Ren: I think that's the point, Nora.

Nora: Then let's a play a winnable game!

Racers

Luckily, there were plenty of racers, and one had up to eight slots! The five teenagers mounted their motorcycles and revved the engines as the countdown began!

3!

2!

1!

GO!

And they blasted off, driving through the hardest course in the game! Air conditioners blew at them to give the game a feel of realism, and Nora enjoyed every second of it!

Nora: WOOHOO! First place!

Ren: Because you wasted all your nitro.

Nora: Hey, you gotta do what ya gotta- *gasps* I'm in second?!

Jaune: I swear if Huntsmen in training lose to the CPU, we have no hope!

Ren: Come on, let's catch up to Nora.

The Knight and Ninja were at the middle of the road, half ahead of the group and half behind! They hit the nitro and zoomed forth, and Pyrrha. . . was in dad last!

Pyrrha: How do I stop crashing?!

Moon: Turn.

Pyrrha: How?!

Violet reached over and place a hand on her bike, pushing it off balance and turning her.

Pyrrha: Oh. . .

She thought it was like a normal motorcycle. The Violet Swordman proceeded to swerve between the competition, bashing both Jaune and Ren before hitting nitro and chasing after Nora!

Nora: I refuse to come second!

Moon: And I refuse to lose.

Violet smirked as he overcame her and crossed the finish line!

Nora: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fighters

The Silent Ninja tapped the buttons with an unbelievable level of skill, blocking and countering every attack Nora threw at him.

Nora: This isn't fair!

Ren: Yes it is.

His pink eyes followed his character as he activated his Ultimate Attack and decimated Nora in a massive blast! It was a perfect victory!

Nora: Meanie!

Ren had already soundly defeated both Jaune and Pyrrha, so it was now Moon's turn to challenge him. The battle began, and it was immediately clear that this would be quite the fight, the two trading blows and efficiently tying together combos! Their health bars always remained comparable, even as they approached the red! They both activated their ultimates, leading to a clash of button mashing!

Ren: This is absurd!

Moon: Uh-huh!

Unfortunately for Ren, button mashing was all about speed. Moon won the clash, resulting in the ninja losing his crown!

Jaune: Moon, how much time have you spent at these things? You're way too good!

Moon: . . . Enough time.

Cranes

The true test of courage and patience awaited them, the impossible and rigged crane games. Moon slammed his forehead against the glass as his prize fell from his grasp yet again.

Nora: Better luck next time!

The Viking smugly grinned as she tossed another massive teddy bear at Ren. The Ninja resigned the his fate of being the one to carry all her winnings.

Pyrrha: I don't see how this is even possible. The prizes have far too much weight for the claw to hold them. . .

Jaune: That's how they get ya. . .

The blonde sighed as his prize fell back onto the rest. Pyrrha was able to score herself a small stuffed bunny after twelve tries, and Jaune got a rubber ball. Moon. . . slammed his head on the glass for the twenty-eighth time as Nora collected her eighteenth prize!

Nora: This is the best day EVER!

———————————————————————

Dance Dance Revolution

Nora Valkyrie dominated all who dared to challenge her, tons of people lining up to try to and compete only to walk away dejectedly. Jaune even went up there and put up quite the struggle, matching Nora beat by beat only to grow exhausted before she even broke a sweat. Pyrrha, having never played a rhythm game, didn't even bother and simply hummed to the music.

And Ren. . . watched from afar, holding Nora's collection of prizes from the crane games. He stood alone for some time until Moon Lumos arrived at his side, armed with some candy.

Moon: Want some?

Ren: No, thank you.

Together, they simply watched Nora as she danced beautifully, the rave lights of the arcade giving her a majestic glow as her feet tapped to the arrows on every side of her.

Moon: . . . How's it like, being on a team?

Ren: Its certainly been an experience thus far.

Moon: How so?

Ren: Every member of it is rather "larger than life." Jaune can swap between confident playboy and nervous wreck in a matter of moments, Pyrrha is a champion and likely the most skilled and humble person I've had the pleasure of meeting, and Nora is. . . Nora.

His partner celebrated yet another victory.

Moon: That is quite the combination.

Throughout their talk, Ren had never once torn his eyes away from Nora. . . The Violet Swordsman just smiled.

Moon: She means a lot to you, doesn't she?

Ren: *nods* She and I have been on our own for a. . . long time. She's the closest thing I have to a family.

Moon: She reminds of my sisters, except. . . if they were merged into one person.

The Ninja pondered that for a moment before chuckling.

Ren: I suppose I could see that.

Moon: You might want to try reigning her in a little harder though. I'd prefer if she didn't need to break down my door.

Ren: I'll do my best. . . but no guarantees.

Moon: *smiles* If you'll excuse me. I need to knock her off her pedestal. . . .

The Violet Swordsman stepped up to the plate, his opponent smiling as they faced off. All eyes of the small crowd were on them, Jaune cheering them on as they selected their song and readied themselves, Pyrrha beginning to record. . .

Moon: If I win, you're paying for my new door.

Nora: And if I win, I did not kidnap you!

Moon: Deal.

The music began to ramp up as the lights around them shined brighter, the dancers gazing to the screen as the raves began to blend and illuminate them with a lavender glow! The arrows began to fall. . .

And then they began their dance-off! They hopped up and down, their feet tapping the panels beneath them in perfect synchrony, matching the dozens of arrows descending down the screen.

Nora: You know. . . You're kinda cool!

Moon: *blushes* Um. . . Thanks.

Nora: Seriously! You're good enough to be on a solo-team, you're super smart, really strong, really really skilled, and really really really fast! Not to mention that you're good at games and are a great dancer! You're downright awesome!

Moon: *dying* F-F-Flattering! Also. . . Distracting!

He fumbled a bit before falling back into rhythm, losing his serious face and becoming unable to hold himself back from smiling with twin blushes.

Nora: I'm really happy we invited you! You're fun!

The Violet Swordsman couldn't really remember the last time he ever tried to make friends. In elementary school, he was always too shy to approach others. At Signal, he had Ruby, and that was enough.

But now, he wasn't shy. Yang saw to that. And. . . Ruby wasn't always going to be there.

And then he met Pyrrha, someone who shared his love of swords. Then there was Jaune, just a nice guy who wanted to make friends. And through them, Ren & Nora, one a quiet boy who subtly showed his kindness, and the other a loud girl who showed her kindness to the world.

Moon hadn't known them for long, hardly knew them at all. . . but for the first time in a long time, he wanted friends. He wanted to get to know them, he wanted them to be his friends.

I. . . I'm glad you invited me too.

Unfortunately, Nora's compliments completely threw him off his game, resulting in Moon's defeat. As the sun began to set, team JNPR and their fifth wheel made their way back to the air platforms to return to Beacon. . .

Pyrrha: We should really do that again some time. It was really fun!

Nora: I know right?! We definitely have to try those obstacle courses and stuff next time!

Ren: I look forward to it.

Jaune: Then it's settled! As leader of Team JNPR, I declare that we shall return here soon!

Nora: WOOHOO!

Violet walked ahead of them, smiling to himself as he led the way.

Pyrrha: Moon. Would you like to accompany us?

Moon: . . .

Just. . . Don't break down my door, next time.

———————————————————————

(A/N - Warning, very much fluff and many of cheeze will infect this story.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
820 21 12
Note this is my first story I will improve as time goes on so don't mind a few mistakes here and there also I own nothing Rwby is owned by rooster te...
8.8K 212 53
Follow the team from their adventures from Beacon and onwards. (Ps. I do not own RWBY it is owned by Rooster Teeth and was created by Monty Oum) All...
12.7K 199 28
RWBY and all associated characters are owned by Rooster Teeth. The fate that befell Summer Rose is unknown, and left to one's imagination. But what i...