The Joker | KTH

By -dxmon_bxtch-

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "Why do you look like her...?" Her... NEWS "The most wanted criminal, 'The Joker' is back in the city... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
1: The Joker Plots A Murder
2: A New Day, A New Way
3: That Hoodie Guy...
4: An Unexpected Case
6: An Unexpected Night At Gam-Dong
7: The Bell Of Utter Confusion
8: The Unknown and Unexpected Newcomers
9: The Conversation In The Strip Club
10: The Shocking Encounter (1/3)
11: The Shocking Encounter (2/3)
12: The Shocking Encounter (3/3)
13: The Half Past
14: Hide and Seek
15: Deja Vu
16: The Other Half
17: Curiosity Kills The Cat (1/2)
18: Curiosity Kills The Cat (2/2)
19: When It Hurts, It Hurts So Bad
20: What No One Sees
21: Lost all the Time
22: Shaky Breath Of Relief
23: Two Birds With One Stone
24: Is This How It Ends?
25: Let The Truth Better Be Unknown
26: 3, 2, 1! Game Over!
27: A Bloody Sacrifice
28: Heejin, My Love...
29: There's Nothing Better Than Home

5: The Mysterious Velvet Book

794 62 100
By -dxmon_bxtch-

THUD!
...

My shoulders slumped down in sadness.

"Ugh, these fucking tears!" I hissed before wiping my eyes harshly. It did hurt but not more than my heart did... Yeah, right...

It might sound like an exaggeration, but I feel emotional cuz dad shouted at me...

Even though, dad had to go through a lot of hardships of being a single parent and in the pain of losing his wife... Yet, he never raised his voice at me. He treated me like a princess. His princess... God knows what really happened 5 months ago that made him like that... Now, it feels as if all the love has just vanished into thin air. As if he doesn't even care about what he's speaking and whatnot.

I sighed before standing up and taking off my clothes. I soon took out some comfortable clothes from the closet and put them on. Once I was done with the 'changing session', I took all the books out of my bag, arranging them neatly according to the timetable for the next day.

"Finally..." I muttered under my breath with a slight smile. It was my habit to do all the work at once. I never kept anything for later because it always made me irritated and I felt a sense of responsibility lingering in my mind. It made me worried, so, I always completed all my tasks on time.

I was about to sit back on my bed but...

THUMP!

My body flinched badly with the harsh sound of something falling. I turned around with wide eyes, only to find a red book lying on the floor wide open.

"Oh damn..." I exhaled out sharply before placing my palms over my heart. It really did scare me...

I stood up and walked near the book only to look at it in shock and a slight curiosity.
It was that Taehyung guy's diary...

I crouched down to its level and kept looking at it in a trance until something weird happened.

"W-What the hell!" I fell backward in shock. The moment I touched the page, it started to glow and some ink-written sentences started to appear on it. It soon stopped glowing when the text was absolutely vivid.

I gulped in shock and crawled towards the mysterious book, only to look at it with wide eyes and not move a muscle. How did that happen? Actually, why did it happen?

I extended my shaking hand towards it and grasped it automatically. Soon enough, I bought it closer to my view, and without even allowing it, my eyes started to read the dark-inked text on it.

"How did this happen Heejin...?"

Heejin?

Who's this now?

"We... We were so perfect. Why did this happen... Why..."

"What?" I blinked in confusion. Who's this Heejin now? This is Taehyung's diary, so it means he knows her, doesn't he?

"You promised me. No matter what, you're gonna stay with me until the end. You promised, regardless of my flaws, you're gonna be with me. Forever... Then why, huh?"

This girl... Is she his girlfriend...?

"Okay, whoever this is, why am I feeling like this?" I scoffed before placing my hand on my chest and rubbing it softly. I didn't know why but there was an unsettling feeling in my heart. A kind of... jealousy?

"No, no! I don't even know him... Ugh! Get a grip Miso!" I slapped my cheeks a few times before hissing in pain. There's no such reason for me to feel this way... I don't even know him so well...

"You... You never even told me your worries. You promised you will... Now come back and fulfill my wish... I want to hear your worries and help you... Come back Heejin..."

Wait. So, Heejin had some worries? They may be personal, I think...

As much as I hated to say it, I had to. I could feel his pain through the words... Even though they were just some curves with ink, they held a much bigger meaning. And, why didn't he know her real name?

"I want to touch you, kiss you, talk to you, cuddle you... Come back, please..."

It's his girlfriend. Confirmed.

"I feel like I... like I lost you. Please come back..."

The word 'back' was a little smudged and blurred. It felt as if some liquid had dropped on it... Wait...!

Is it...

Did he cry?!

"I... I love you."

"Oh my god..." I gasped in disbelief. What really did happen to this Heejin girl? I know I feel weird reading about her, but still... It feels odd. As if something wrong happened to her.

"Did she die?" No. My gut was the other way round. It didn't feel as if she died. From this boy's perspective, it feels as if something happened. But then again, it can be a normal breakup, aswell. He wasn't able to take the sorrow of losing her so he wrote it, maybe...

I was about to turn the page but my hands stopped midway. That's when the realization hit me...

Did I just invade someone's personal space?!

Oh shit...

I cursed myself but turned the page anyways. I mean, I want to know what really happened and I'm also a curious cat so why not?

I looked at the new page in horror. My eyes widened all the time... T-The page was strange. There were red smudged stains all over it and below it, something was written...

"What is this..." I bit my lip in fear and shock. I hope it's not what I am thinking it is...
I took a deep breath and tried to calm my fastened-up heartbeats. Looking back at the text, I read it.

"Heejin... See what I did... I-I made a mistake, love. I did something very wrong... I-I killed someone..."

No.

"I-I was so aggressive because you weren't here with me. And now, I committed a big crime... What now, Heejin? Will I lose my studies and go to prison too? Isn't this sadness enough? When will you stop it... I-It hurts Heejin. It feels painful. I will never be able to forget you but I don't want to keep feeling the pain... I want to move on. I want to remember you but with happy memories, not sad ones. I want to miss you with happiness, not sadness... Then, why isn't it going that way, Heejin? Why is everything becoming so complicated...?"

H-He killed someone...

"H-How..." It was too much now. I couldn't help but stutter at every word I spoke. If he killed someone, then why isn't he in prison by now? How is he studying and acting as if nothing happened? What's his motive? But the main question here is, how did Heejin die?

It feels as if she was going through some kind of depression but never showed it.

Who is she?

Is this the reason why that Taehyung guy doesn't speak at all? Maybe he's too sad for his girlfriend. But his actions don't go with his words. If he was sad and anxious because he murdered someone, then how is he so calm now? How is he scoring so well in each and every subject? How is he able to focus on everything so well? Now, doesn't he feel depressed, sad, or sorrowful?

The way he acts feels as if he hides his emotions and masks them with a void expression. It also feels as if it's been years since this event occurred in his life... But isn't he like- 18 or something? How come has it been years? He wouldn't have made a girlfriend before 18. But then why...

...

"OH SHIT!"

My trance of deep thoughts got interrupted by a sudden shout in the living room. I immediately recognized the voice and gasped.

"Dad..." Pursing my lips, I looked at my door. Dad never swears, and if he does, that means he's in a really damn bad mood or condition. I shook my head, trying to forget about the diary's contents.

I walked towards the door and kept my ear on it, silently observing and trying to hear each and every sound. My hands were gripping the door from both sides which was the evidence of my nervousness.

"YOONGI! NAMJOON! I need your help with some hacking. That 'Joker' has left a clue for us. He's going to murder someone at Gam-Dong Street today at night! We can't let him leave this time! We need to catch him today!" Dad shouted out in panic and hurriedness. I could hear some typing, which indicated that they were working on the laptop.

Gam-Dong?

Today...

My eyes narrowed in thoughts and a sudden thought struck my mind, making me nod to myself.

Maybe I should go there tonight?

Yeah, right... Dad is taking too much tension for this case. Even though it's one of his simple murder cases, he's taking it too seriously which is making him nervous and worried. How about I go to that street tonight? I might catch that so-called joker. And who knows? This might be someone very normal, just trying to scare everyone?

"That's right." I smirked before neatly arranging the red 'book' in my bag and taking out a small notebook. Once I made sure the room didn't look doubtful, I walked towards the door and held the doorknob. Inhaling a deep breath, I closed my eyes for a moment.

It's okay... It's going to be fine...

I soon opened my eyes and turned the doorknob, opening it.

"Miso?" Dad muttered the moment he glanced at me. He sounded a bit disappointed.
Without saying a word, I quickly went to the kitchen and came back soon enough.

"Hey, dad." I smiled awkwardly. It usually became very awkward when we fought. The air had always been thick with tension and none of us had an idea on how to start a conversation.

I kept standing beside him with my hands behind my back and Yoongi and Namjoon just kept giving me teasing looks about how I couldn't initiate a single discussion while I just kept glaring at them when dad didn't look my way.

"Bitch." I whispered under my breath.

"Huh?" Dad looked at me with a confused gaze as if he thought I was speaking to him.

"U-Uh... Nothing, dad..." I force smiled at him.

"Oh... Okay." He nodded, looking away from me.

"I-I'm sorry, Miso."

My mouth parted in shock and guilt. It was equally my fault too. He was busy and I provoked him. How can he say it so easily? As if it was his fault? When it wasn't...

"N-No... I'm sorry, dad." I looked away, trying not to show him the glistening tears in my eyes. I was very well aware of what effect my tears had on him and I didn't want to trouble him anymore.

He suddenly stood up and hugged me tightly. That was when I felt a sudden gush of shame pass through my heart which made me hug him back, tightly too.
We soon parted from each other while smiling.

"Let's forget about this, shall we?" He chuckled, making me grin. That's what I wanted in the end. Everyone to be happy, right?

"Sure." I nodded continuously and looked back at him with my loving eyes.

"Err... We're also here, know that?" Yoongi interrupted with a 'disgusted' expression laced onto his face. We knew how much he hated hugs and so, I smirked lightly before bringing both, him and Namjoon towards dad and hugging them altogether.

"Ewwwww, stop!" I could hear muffled whinings of Yoongi when he got 'crashed' into our embrace.

"No way, pig. You deserve it." I chuckled, making Namjoon laugh, too. Right... Namjoon is a quiet person. He usually doesn't speak much. Just when he needs to spread 'knowledge' his tongue starts rolling and he becomes the world's most talkative person.

We all soon left each other and gasped for air.

"Where are you going, Miso?" Dad asked while regaining his posture. He had noticed the notebook in my hand and so, he became dubious.

Gotta start the plan.

"Oh, um dad... I need to go to Jisoo's house to get some notes. You see? These teachers give so much homework!" I explained, trying to act as unhappy as possible.

"Huh? Homework? On the first day of school?" He questioned back. Ugh! Dad...

"Yeah, right! Our school loves to see us do the homework and die, so..." I smiled cheekily and he sighed out.

"B-But Miso... It's dangerous for you to roam about like this... See? It's 9:30 p.m. already. Do you know? The joker is also outside. He might encounter you. What then?" He followed me to the door and asked while my heart was continuously running on a marathon. I could feel my palms sweating due to nervousness.

"N-No, dad. Nothing will happen. I will take the notes and might have dinner at her place aswell. Her parents miss me, so yeah... Bye, dad!" I ran out hurriedly, not wanting to hear his response cuz even an extra second would make me very anxious.

...

But before I could completely leave, there was a sudden police siren echoing throughout our street...

I just walked out, not thinking much about it but the moment I took a step out of the house, I felt someone blocking my way by putting their hand right infront of my face.

"Where do you think you're going, missy?"

Oh, shoot...

He's a police officer...

{}

.

.

.

Aaahhh! Did you hear BTS's 'Yet to come'? Wahhh... I'm literally drooling ngl. 🤤💜

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter. Just a question but this was a little rushed, right? 😅

Alright! See you in the next chapter, byeee! 🧡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 15.3K 37
He leaned his face dangerously closer to her pinning her both wrists tightly beside her head on bed, she closed her eyes tightly feeling his body wei...
448 45 25
When I opened my eyes, blurry tears fell as I closed them again, feeling extremely nauseous. I turned and found the first soft thing and shoved my he...
206K 11.3K 62
Everyone nicknamed him the Street Killer, not because he was a murderer but because he could take a man's dreams and crush them all in one night in t...
41.3K 4.7K 35
★Completed★ ★Short Chapters★ ★AU + ABO★ -Description- _______________ #Past life "You were playing with my feelings all this time?" Jungkook gritted...