LET ME LOVE YOU

By Fateemawahbi

"I know all these cheap tricks you miscreants pull in the name of your disgusting jealousy. I wonder which mo... More

Copyright, Cast and Author's note.
chapter 1 - #oncloudAA
Chapter 2 - babban yaya
Chapter 3 - henna party
Chapter 4 - prissy missy
Chapter 5 - the bomb
Chapter 6 - hell hole
Chapter 7 - surprise visit
chapter 8 - an air of despair
Chapter 9 - Hajiya's Good Books
Chapter 10 - legends league
Chapter 11 - Wednesday
Chapter 12 - responsibility
Chapter 13 - Bride
Chapter 14 - two thorns in the flesh
Chapter 15 - gossipers and clowns
Chapter 16 - no be juju be that?
Chapter 17 - The second madam
Chapter 18 - Good riddance to bad rubbish
Chapter 19 - the (not so) calm before the storm
Chapter 20 - rocks, hard places and the ultimate search.
Chapter 21 - the 'storrinami'
Chapter 22 - the rekindle
Chapter 23 - speculations and taking actions
Chapter 24 - missing piece of the puzzle
Chapter 25 - apologies and volcanic eruptions
Chapter 26 - closing the cycle
Chapter 27 - matchmakers
Chapter 28 - Guardian angel
Chapter 29 - 12th November
Chapter 30 - couple goals
Chapter 31 - paradise
Chapter 32 - city of love
Chapter 33 - trouble in paradise.
Chapter 34 - a pity
Chapter 35 - better late than never
Chapter 36 - lost in his eyes
Chapter 37 - Euphoria
Chapter 38 - Hurricane Aya
Chapter 39 - trouble around the corner
Chapter 41 - cruella deville
Chapter 42 - bombshell
Chapter 43 - sobfests and secrets
Chapter 44 - The return
Chapter 45 - broken in pieces
Chapter 46 - the knight in a shining....sweatpants
Chapter 47 - Extreme lenghts
Chapter 48 - ambivalence
Chapter 49 - illusion
Chapter 50 - new beginnings
Chapter 51 - no regrets
Chapter 52 - The 'Talk'

Chapter 40 - pet peeves and emotions

2.3K 371 160
By Fateemawahbi

Hafeez

Tips from an experienced husband season 1, episode 1; if you ever want to win an argument against your darling wife, just wait till she's getting her makeup done.

Trust me, It is second to impossible to win an argument against Aya, that woman's brain works on override and she's always a step ahead, be it with words or actions, but that day,  when we were arguing about me littering the entire house with my clothes, she just said 'okay' and brushed me off. That topic usually ended with me being forced to apologize and even pick the stuff up, but for once, I won, or she let me win, all because of make up.

She did let out a short maniacal laugh afterwards though, which clearly meant that the psycho part of her brain had been unlocked and ready to be put to use, and I knew she would definitely give me a taste of my own medicine whenever she gets the chance, but I wasn't phased as much because I knew her weakness; I'll just use kiss to finish her.

"We're running late ma'am," I said as I checked the custom made studded eleganté crystals wristwatch I designed for myself with the hopes of not going over the time I had in mind.

"I know bae, I'm sorry, We'll be done soon I promise" she replied and flashed me a small smile "You heard him Tenny, please try to speed the process up" she told the makeup artist, who very good at what she was doing.

We were actually running very late, but I didn't care as much, in fact, I wouldn't bother if I were to just stay there and keep watching that scene; Aya sitting like the queen she is on the makeup chair in her favorite pink Versace bathrobe with her legs crossed and hair tied up into a messy bun as the artist applied all sorts of things on her face. I don't really like the idea of her getting makeup done because I love when her face is in its natural form, but that tennycoco of a girl was good, she kept it very simple and made sure not to completely cover her natural features.

It was the day of the official release of Eleganté's new collection and Aya's unveiling as the brand ambassador by the way, hence the dressing up and concern about going over the designated time. I'm not gonna lie, I was actually very excited, not because I knew I would make a hell lot of money that day, but because I realized that starting from that moment, I would get to work alongside my gorgeous wife, the person I always want to be around.

The release of that collection also came in hand with expanding the brand, that is, opening more stores and branches in 5 more countries, specifically France, Spain, America, Germany and Dubai, so it would require traveling to all those countries to give the brand an even bigger push. It didn't use to excite me though because before the idea of signing her came to my head, I thought I had to go with just Sadiq, which would mean that I wouldn't get to see her and feel her presence for a while, I literally started missing her before we even finished making the pieces, but after she signs that contract, she'd be right by my side every step of the way. It'll be like our vacation diaries all over again, but even better. I'd get to work with her, get help when I need it from her, and get annoyed by her, all at once.

"....and done" the makeup artist announced after one last spray of yet another makeup product I had no idea existed, and once again, I was swept right off my feet.

I know I should have been used to her face by then since I saw it every single day, but nobody really understands me when I say that she gets prettier by the second, Yes it sounds impossible, but I know what my eyes see, and I'm very sure that if anyone were to move in with us for just a few days, they'd see exactly what I'm talking about too.

"Wow! this can definitely pass off as the best makeup look I've had done in years," She said with a big smile on her face as she stared at herself in her full length mirror, making all sorts of faces as if she was taking a selfie "Your hands work magic tenny, honestly"

"Thank you, but it's really all about the face, there's nothing that doesn't look good on you" the makeup artist smiled in response "it's like you got even prettier than the last time I saw you"

See!

And that's someone I believe she met only once, talk more of me that lives with her.

The makeup artist packed her stuff and left the house, after a quick 'face card' photoshoot with Aya, which I believe she would post on her Instagram, I even went to follow her page and turned on my post notifications just to be the first person that sees them.

"So which of these dresses are you wearing?" I asked as I stared at the three dresses that were on her bed, which I was comfortably sprawled on too.

"Actually, None of them, they're not fancy enough," she shrugged in response "the masterpiece is waiting in my closet, give me a minute" and with that, she disappeared, after picking the dresses that weren't fancy enough Ofcourse.

I went on my phone to kill some time because I was convinced that she'd take a lone while, but she surprised me by stepping out just 5 minutes later, in what could be described as the most beautiful dress I had ever seen anyone wear in my entire life, with a fitted, boat-necked bodice, long sleeves embellished to the elbow with tiny blue roses, and a full circular skirt with a demi-train that cascaded all the way from her waist . The luxurious blue satin fabric evoked the midnight sky as it glistened under the dimly lit room, screaming simplicity and pure elegance.

"Fatabarakallahu ahsanul khaliqeen; So blessed be Allah, the best of creators" I found myself saying as she stood right in front of me "wow!"

"You like it?" She grinned and gave me a twirl.

"Like is too small of a word, I love it" I replied as I stood up and took her hand in mine, turning her around once again to her a closer look "you look breathtaking, I don't even know how it's possible"

That dress stunned the hell out of me left me stupefied with a feeling I couldn't really understand. I was just devouring her with my eyes and shamelessly imagining...things, because She looked extremely supernatural, like a spectral creature; large brown eyes, glowing skin, long thick eyelashes, and bold mauve lips, Everything about her was a lot more forceful and elegant. Even She couldn't pull away from her reflection as she looked at the mirror. the warrior in her definitely claimed the night.

"Thank you babe," she grinned "can you please help me zip it up? My hands couldn't reach"

I responded with a nod and stood behind her, grabbing the end of the zipper and pulling it upwards, making the dress look even more perfect on her body.

"And now for the final touch," I quickly grabbed the small Eleganté jewelry box from the bed and opened it, taking the exquisite piece of diamond ring out from it.

It was a 35 carats diamond ring made up of a single radiant blue sapphire that was crafted into a teardrop shape with 74 tiny shimmering diamonds surrounding it, housed on a thin band made out of a diamond as well. If I were to put that out in the market, it would pass off as the most expensive ring the brand ever made, but it wasn't for sale, I had it made specifically and only for my baby girl.

I took her soft small hand in my pretty big ones  and slowly slid the ring over her ring finger "Since we never got engaged, I thought to make it up to you with this....all in one ring," I said, to which she let out a soft chuckle, probably at the last part because I wasn't really sure how to put the name "it symbolizes how much you mean to me"

"Awwwww babe" she pouted as she took a closer look at the ring before engulfing me in a tight hug, allowing me to inhale her strong scent of shamukh perfume, which was a gift from Aunty Dida "please tell me how I could possibly live without you"

"you can't, that's the trick" I winked "if I die, you'll just have to follow me"

She caught me by surprise when she placed a soft kiss on my lips, and when I tell you that I almost went crazy, just believe me because my brain literally turned upside down. That's the best kind of kiss anyone can get; unexpected and passionate.

"Let's get going please because if I keep looking at you, you'll be out of that dress in 5 seconds" I said, and I wasn't joking, even she knew that because she started laughing and again labeled me as shameless.

We walked hand in hand down the long staircase and stopped nowhere but the living room, where Asma was busy stuffing her face with the mouthwatering shepherds pie Aya made for breakfast that morning. Yes! She decided that she would go with us for a reason maybe she can explain to all of us, but I say it's just one of her troublesome ways since she can't seem to go a day without getting on my nerves like it's her job.

"Okay wow! What the hell is all this beauty?" She babbled I'm excitement as she stood up and came to Aya, forgetting all about her pie "you look fantastic dimples, honestly"

"Thank you baby" Aya grinned in response.

"And What about me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I don't care about male fashion, but you look...okay. Good enough to not embarrass the queen bee" she replied, and I know I should've considered that as an insult, but I actually took it as a compliment, because all I cared about was for everyone to see Aya's beauty, appreciate that beauty and term me as a lucky guy for having it in my hold.

"Oya pose, Instagram is about to catch fire this afternoon," she pulled her iPhone 13 pro max out of her bag and immediately pointed it at us, leaving us with no other choice to pose like she said.

For the first picture, I stood behind her and placed both hands on her tiny waist and tilted my head to the side a bit, so I was looking at her and not the camera, same goes for her as well, the only difference was that she used her left hand to hold my face.

For the second picture, it came out like an unexpected one, our hands were hooked together as we stood side by side, but just before Asma got to click it, I cracked a joke and we both bursted into laughter, I thought we ruined it but I came out even prettier than the first one.

And for the last one, we went goofy. Aya let a massive smile take over her face while I pressed a kiss on her cheek. She looked so adorable and I wanted to kiss her so bad, but then I remembered that Asma was there, and she would never let me hear the end of it.

"Alright, we should get going now," I said as I buttoned my blazer "where's Layla?"

"I think She's still getting ready because she didn't come downstairs since-"

"Hafeez!"

We were all cut off by A loud scream that sounded very much like that of panic, and no doubt that it was Layla's voice.

None of us said a thing, we just looked at each other briefly before running upstairs to her room, well, me and Asma, but Aya stayed behind. we found her sprawled on the floor and twitching in pain like an earthworm that had been pushed into a jar of salt.

"Subhanallah!" I immediately rushed to her side and took her in my arms, using my left arm to support her head and my right to lightly tap her cheek so she would open her eyes "what happened Layla? Are you okay?"

"No, my...my stomach," and then she let out another painful cry "please do something baby, Wallahi I feel like dying"

"I'll have to take her to the hospital!" I told Asma and immediately picked her up bridal style before rushing down the stairs.

"I'm so sorry babe, but you'll have to go with Asma, Layla needs medical attention immediately" I quickly told Aya, and her face immediately changed.

"What do you mean I'll have to with Asma? Please tell me this is a joke"

"Why would I joke about something like this? Look at the condition she's in"

"She's was fine literally just 10 minutes ago, I saw her walk by my room when I was getting ready, so how could she be in any 'condition' now?"

"Aya please don't-"

I didn't get a chance to finish because Another one of Layla's loud scream interrupted me, which meant that we were running out of fine "I'll meet you there I promise!" With that, I proceeded to rush out of the house and straight to the nearest hospital.

I could see how angry and disappointed Aya was, but I couldn't help it, Layla was in so much pain, and she was carrying a child, I couldn't just leave her like that. It wasn't to my liking as well, but like I said, I couldn't help it, it was something I had to do.

*********

Aya

"...don't forget to post and tag Lily Pulitzer Aya, na God I take beg you, especially about that tagging part. You haven't posted anything about them for almost 2 weeks now" Susie's nagging voice rang in my ear, making me roll my eyes.

"I know susie. I heard you just fine the first 1 million times, no need to repeat yourself"

"Of course there is a need, because this one that you're so annoyed today, I just know you'll mess something up and I don't wait it to be your work" ugh! "What's wrong with you anyway?"

"I'm not annoyed"

"Did you see your face throughout the whole event?" She asked, and even though I couldn't see her, I knew she raised an eyebrow and was trying not to laugh "you were clearly seconds away from snapping, which is surprising because you should've been happier than anyone since you made a lot of money and your brand got a massive push, but instead you were glaring at everything, even the poor balloons, me I was even scared to go near you"

Great!

I'm sure everyone must've thought the same too.

Mtchewwww!

"If I talk about it I'll be even more pissed, so just forget it" I said "and don't worry, I will post and tag them like you said. Goodnight" and with that, I disconnected the call, which was followed by a heavy sigh of relief because I pulled over in front of the house at the same time, and I couldn't wait to drink some hot milk tea and finally go to bed to sleep my anger and frustration away.

"Welcome back Mrs" Nengi greeted with a small smile as I walked into the lounge room and immediately threw myself on one of the plush couches.

"Thank you Nene" I managed to smile back "make me some cinnamon milk tea please, I'll be down in a second,"

"Okay Mrs"

I nodded and made my way upstairs to change into something more comfortable. I unzipped the dress with great difficulty and put it away before changing into a big pink cotton T-shirt and black biker shorts. I took off my turban and untied my hair from the low bun it was made into, letting it dangle freely down my back. And last but not least, I cleaned the amazing makeup off, which was a bittersweet moment because I loved that look, but I so wanted to be comfortable.

"Here's your tea Mrs, Dinner is also ready" said Nengi as I took a seat in the Dining hall at the same time she came out of the kitchen with a pretty large mug that contained my cinnamon milk tea.

"Thanks. What did you cook?" I asked.

"Spaghetti stir fry"

I couldn't help but smile because I was very hungry as I didn't eat anything there, I was way too pissed to even have an appetite.

"They're still not back right?"

"Yes Mrs"

And again, the annoying feeling took over my soul again. I instantly felt that knot starting to form in my throat once again, so I tried to push it away by taking a sip of my tea, but of course it didn't work, if anything, I just ended up burning my tongue.

I know it seems like I was just being bigger and having no sympathy because she's my cowife and all, but that's not the case at all, the reason for my anger was because I knew she was lying, nothing was wrong with her and she wasn't in any pain, she only did that to keep him away from me, as usual, and to make it worse, Hafeez blindly believed her. I mean, it was so freaking obvious that she was putting on a show, yet somehow he couldn't see it.

I almost decided not to go to the contract signing party at all, but Asma tamed me, and then I remembered the amount of friends, family members, and other guests that were waiting to congratulate and celebrate with me, so I had no choice but to go. However, I did not enjoy myself, especially because everyone kept asking me about him and why he
wasn't there.

And for the cherry on top, he didn't meet me there like he promised me to, which is one my biggest pet peeves, I hate when someone promises something and then under delivers or doesn't even deliver at all because you could've just shut up.

Rubbish.

I put my mug to my mouth to take yet another sip of my tea and then serve myself some dinner, but I was interrupted by the two of them coming into the house, I could see them clearly because I was seated at the very end of the table.

He had one arm wrapped around her and the other holding hers as the walked further inside, and of course the drama queen was limping and making faces of the 'pain' she was allegedly feeling. He helped her sit on the couch and started making his way to the kitchen, but he froze immediately when his eyes landed on me.

"Oh! You're back already? I thought-" I didn't even wait to finish listening to him, I just took my tea and my phone and headed upstairs to my room because the last thing I wanted was to listen to him, not at that moment at least.

I hoped that he would understand and leave me alone, but no, 3 minutes later, he was in my bedroom, which was my own fault because I forgot to lock the door.

"Babe I-"

I cut him off "Please go back to wherever you come from" But he did the opposite, he moved closer and even sat next to me on the bed, he tried to take my hands in his but I quickly pulled away "don't touch me!"

He sighed "Cmon babe, why are you being like this? I know you're upset, but I didn't have a choice, what happened was beyond my control"

I thought of what to say as a reply, but couldn't find anything so I just decided to ignore him instead.

"How was the event though? Did you have fun?"

"That doesn't concern you" I blankly replied "If you cared enough you would've been there like you said you would"

"You know I care,"

"Actions speak louder than words"

"Okay now you're just being childish"

I raised an eyebrow in disbelief "childish?"

"Yeah, because this whole thing is really not hard to understand, so I don't get why you are acting like I purposely refused to go with you when you know exactly what happened. Or do You think I wanted to spend over 4 hours at a hospital while being all dressed up like a runaway groom?" He said, to which I remained silent "You saw the condition she was in yourself, you saw how she was twitching in pain and how badly she needed to see a doctor, so how could you expect me to leave her alone?"

I hissed "you didn't even ask me why I'm angry, You just want to make me look like the bad person here"

"What are you-" he started, but decided to stop abruptly "okay, why are you angry? Please tell me"

"Because I know she lied. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her, she just pretended to be in pain to stop you from going to the party with me, and you made her job much easier by blindly believing her,"

He looked so confused as I said that, as if I was speaking a language he didn't understand "what are you talking about babe? In what planet does that make any sense?"

"Did you just use style to call me stupid?" I was genuinely pissed off, and instead of him to calm me down, he made it even worse by bursting into a fit of giggles. I tried my best to ignore him but I was way too upset, I didn't even realize when I started smacking his arm "this isn't funny Hafeez, stop laughing at me!"

"Ouch! Okay okay calm down, Allah ya baki Hakuri" he grabbed a hold of both my hands "there's no need to get aggressive"

"Then stop laughing at me!" I demanded and once again smacked him, after snatching a hand away from his hold. He still wanted to laugh but decided to swallow it "you're not even taking this seriously, I'm trying to talk to you but you're more interested in my misery"

He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair, taking a few seconds off before lifting his head to look at me again "look, I really don't understand why you would even think like that, why on earth would she pretend to be in pain just to stop me from going to the party with you?"

"Because she can't stand seeing us together. Haven't you noticed? She's always coming up with excuses and making false scenarios up when we're together. She did the same thing last night when we were about to go to bed, she started complaining about feeling nauseous when she was perfectly fine just a minute before that" I said "how can you not know what is going on? It's so obvious"

"It's really not. Maybe it's all in your head, because I don't think anyone can be so desperate for attention" he replied "she's like just 4 or 5 months away from giving birth, that is literally all she's focused on, her mind is clouded with so many emotions and thoughts about how her life is going to change forever, i can promise you that she doesn't have any more Space in her head to keep such silly things"

I rolled my eyes "you clearly do not know Layla"

"I do. That's why I'm telling you that there's nothing to worry about"

"I would've believed you if she wasn't the same person who went as far as framing me for stealing 20 million just to get me kicked out of the house" I instantly felt my blood boiling, and the need to continuously slap her face came up again, but I managed to swallow it "Layla is a crippled soul who can stoop down to the bottom of the pits to get her way, she doesn't care about anyone other than herself and what she wants to achieve, so trust me when I say that, this pregnancy means nothing to her other than another tool to get rid of m-"

"Alright listen," he cut me off "I understand where you're coming from, I get that you're mad at her and rightfully so, but you can't keep using what she did to judge her for the rest of her life. She's trying to turn over a new leaf, I noticed it ever since she came back, she has been trying to make it up to you but you keep pushing her away. Give her chance to redeem herself, please"

I couldn't help but chuckle humorlessly at that, because I didn't know how else to react "you know what? I'm not even going to waste time and explain anything to you, because you or anyone else will never understand how painful it was for me to be embarrassed in front of everyone while that bloody hypocrite laughed at me, so let me just make one thing clear real quick;" I stared straight into his eyes "I will never forgive Layla, nor will I forget what she did to me, and wallahil Azeem, that child she's carrying is the only thing saving her from my wrath!"

"Wow!" Judging by the way his head quickly shot up and the surprised look in his eyes, I guess he never expected to hear that from me.

"Yes, wow!" I rolled my eyes "I'm not a carpet anyone can just walk over, especially not Layla. I can't even believe you're asking me to forget everything as if it never happened"

"I didn't ask you to forget, I asked you to forgive her, and that too only for your peace of mind. It has absolutely nothing to do with her"

"Well, thank you very much but I don't need to forgive her for my peace of mind, the hatred I have for her inside my heart is giving me enough of that" I stated.

"Cmon babe, that is so unlike you" he moved a bit closer, taking both of my hands in his "remember, innaLlaha ma'assabireen; Allah is with those that are patient"

"I know, and I am patient, Wallahi I am. you have no idea how hard it is for me to see her face every single day without slapping the Moroccan genes out of her body," I said "it's not like I'm about to start a war with her, it's just that I will not pretend to like her to please anybody, but I will tolerate having to see her all the time just because there's a difference between being an adult and being fake, so help me with that by telling her to stay away from me, okay?"

"Alright, good enough" he nodded his head "it's not like I could ever win anything against you anyway"

"Thank God you realize that" I responded and flashed him a smile, which looked fake, but it was actually genuine.

"So, can I get a kiss?"

I didn't even know when a smile took over my face as he said that, however, I decided to cruise a little "no, I'm still mad at you"

"But I thought we just settled?"

"I know, I'm just not done being dramatic," I shrugged in response.

"So you won't give me a kiss?"

"No"

He chuckled "fine! I'll take it then," and before I could even blink, he pecked my lips and raised to his feet "goodnight baby"

Honestly, I planned to go to bed with my anger that night because like I said, I wasn't done being dramatic, but this my husband ruined everything and left me grinning from ear to ear like an idiot.

💋💋💋💋

Hey guyssssss 👋 Salam alaikum.

I'm sorry for taking so long to update, I was a bit sick these last few days, so I couldn't really write, but I'm okay now Alhamdulillah 💗💗 thank you so much to everyone who checked on me, I really really appreciate it 😘

So, what do you think about this filler chapter? And what do you think happens next? We're actually getting closer to more and more drama and I cannot wait 😈

Thanks for reading guys. Please don't forget to drop at least one comment, vote and share with your friend 😘 love you 😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 305 16
#BOOK ONE OF THE MUSLIMAH'S SERIES He met her just when he thought no woman could ever crush his ego, an egotistical conceited jerk he is and a billi...
170K 27.9K 54
Poor Ruwaida Mahmoud had to get married to her friend's brother, Turaad, a rich sophisticated Doctor not knowing she had signed a contract to save h...
26.1K 3.8K 47
____•____ In Nigeria, it's known to everybody that each and every family has it own tradition. DAGGASH also has its, which differs from any other fam...
4.9K 452 25
"Habiba?" He stares at her dark orbs searching for the familiarity in them. "It's Hanan!" "Lies." He mutters taking a step closer, he reaches for he...