Frog Crimes In Space

By UnmotivatedThing

------------------------------------ Possible TWs: Swearing (mostly PG-13 but yk how it is), Death (but in is... More

Update thingy (A/N)
another update- (A/N)
ANOTHER UPDATE THING?? 😱😱😱 (A/N)
👁_👁 (A/N)

1 - The Infinite

26 0 2
By UnmotivatedThing

I arrived at The Infinite. I stepped out of the small ship that had brought me to The Infinite. A frog was standing there ready to greet me. "Hi Captain! The names Damian. Welcome to my ship, The Infinite! Well, technically your ship now, but a baby will always remember her father."

Damian led me down the hall. "I'll give you a quick tour," a door opened behind him, "Starting with the warp core! We don't really know how it works but, hey, you don't need to know how to use something to use it." A frog walked up to me, "Hey! You must be the new captain! My names Kazoo, and I'm the head scientist in making sure the warp core is ready to use when we are ready to take off." Damian glared at them, "Okay, Kazoo, yes, it is a pleasure to meet them, but we are in the middle of a tour so, please, move." Damian had shoved Kazoo out of the way, not giving them a chance to move.

Kazoo had fell back some and ran into another crew member. Damian and I continued through the warp core passing the strange object in the middle. It had a strange buzz when we walked by. I was led into another hallway. "These things here are bombs, if anything goes horribly wrong with the warp core then we can activate the Event Horizon Protocol and disconnect the warp core from the rest of the ship." Damian walked up to the next door, "Through this door is the main reactor!" Damian put his hand on the scanner, this door must not have been able to open by just walking up to it. The door opened and it had a glowing orange light coming from the room.

"Turns out to open up a wormhole you need the power of a star, so a star I built." I looked through the glass at that said star, past it was what I saw looked like a frog dancing. A door that blocks off the window closed, and I looked over, a raccoon had their hand on the button that closed the door, "Captain, Colin." They walked off to go continue to fix whatever they had been fixing. "Yeah, that's Colin, he makes sure that the ship doesn't go kaboom." Damian walked over to the next door, "Well come on, slow poke, we still have a few more rooms to go through."

I walked over and Damian opened the door. A blue light was now emitted from that room. "This is Cryo, it maintains the colonists temperature, so they don't be over or under heat while they sleep." I looked through the window to see many cryopods hopefully holding all the colonist. "Oh, and captain, just so you know we would rather not be awake when the warp core goes off." A skunk walked up to us, "Captain, all 100,000 colonists are ready for transit." Damian spoke up almost immediately, "Oh, but don't worry soon they will be at a new planet ready to live there, with a fresh cup of coffee in their hands. The moment they wake up." The frog looked over at Damian and glared, "Well, maybe they will be more excited if you gave them more windows to look through." Damian looked offended, "Well, maybe I will add some more. So maybe then someone will appreciate the aesthetics!"

Damian walked away and I followed behind him. The door opened, and a frog ran into Damian. "Oh, sorry Damian," the frog continued to walk around and past Damian. We continued to walk through a hallway that had a door on either side. A frog emerged from a door on the left, "The ADS is all ready to go." Damian looked over at me, "Okay captain," Damian opened the door at the very end of the hall, "You just have one job right now," Damian poured himself and me a glass of champagne. "Is to just say the word, and we'll be on our way to the new planet. Make a speech if you want but don't get them all riled up, I know how your speeches can make some people."

I stood there and thought about what I was going to say, and a sound went through the ship, "Warp core activating. All crew members, please resign to your assigned cryopod." Everyone rushed passed me, probably to their cryopods. I saw through the crowd, Damian chug his drink and put the glass into a locker, "Maybe you can say what you wanted to say when we get there." He took my drink and chugged that one too.

He pointed over to my cryopod mumbling. I walked over and into it. "Now just one thing, not that it's a problem or anything, but just before you fall asleep be sure to absolutely do not-" The door to my cryopod closed, and I didn't hear what he had to say. It probably wasn't essential anyway it was probably a little thing that wouldn't be my job. The computer started to count down, "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, ERROR." The ship shook some, then the computer continued to speak slowly fading out, "Three, two-"

A voice interrupted the computer, "software update available." What? A software update? Why would there be a software update? "One." The ship felt like it was in the middle of a giant earthquake. A blue light appeared, and it was like a long tunnel, and I was going through it. It ended at a black room. I heard a faint voice, but I couldn't really hear what it said, but it sounded like "Don't give up," but I couldn't tell.

I woke up to the screen in front of me, "Good morning, captain. We are currently ERROR years into our journey. Coffee en route. The current ship status is absolutely catastrophic. Initiating emergency wake the hell up protocol." I was flung out of the cryopod and landed somewhere near the centre. "Reviving head engineer," Damian flew out of his cryopod as well, but he hit the window instead of the floor.

I heard the window crack. Damian struggled to get up, "Are we there, captain?" The window cracked some more, than broke. It was a good thing that I was on the other side of the control panel, or else I would've gone flying out into space. Though, Damian was right in front of the window, and he did go flying into space. From the vacuum suction, I had to hold on to the panel. "Hull breach detected, closing shield."

Well then, with that Damian was gone, out into the void that is space. The control panel randomly lit up into flames. "Fire detected on bridge," alarms started to go off, "Oxygen depleting." I can either fix the life support or I could put out the fire. "I'm going to fix the life support because maybe then it could possibly put out the fire." I had just talked to myself something I only did when I was stressed. I then knew that the stress could just take over.

I ran over to the life support and went in I then saw that I had to turn the cranks. I turned the cranks and the last one was probably the hardest to turn. "Oxyen returning to safe levels, fire on the bridge extinguished." Well that was great somehow that worked.

Something hit the ship, must've been a asteroid. Wait, asteroid?! "Computer, What hit us?!" "A asteroid." Well why wasn't ADS working? I walked over to ADS, "Computer, status of ADS?" "Asteroid Defense System offline." What? Offline? How is it offline? I opened the door, bad idea. The guns lasers were pointed directly at me. They started shooting at me, good thing the door closed in time.

God.. how was I supposed to fix them if it was pointing at me? Flower! "Computer, wake up Flower and get them down here." "Reviving Flower B. Leaf." Good at least that was still working. Screaming came from above me. I turned and Flower was there, "Captain, I heard there's something wrong with the ADS? Nothing I probably wouldn't be able to solve." They walked over to the door, "Well I wouldn't say that exactly because they-" Flower put their hand on my shoulder, "Nothing to worry about I just go in, and come back out. Simple fix."

They backed up to the door, "I'll be back faster than you can say... something long, hopefully." They pulled out one of their many guns and shot at the door's hand scanner and the door opened. They backed into the room, completely unaware that the guns lasers were pointed at them. The moment the door closed, the guns went off. Damn, another one gone... well then- "Asteroid defence system online." How did they survive that and fix it?

Flower walked out of the ADS room, "ADS is all fixed captain, we're good." How did they do that? "Captain? Do you think it got colder in here? Or is it just me?" Flower was right, it had got a little colder. "Alert, coolant leak in Cryo." Oh god, and Cryo was cold when I first walked in, but a leak must've meant it would be worse. "Captain, I think there might be something else wrong with ADS, but, hey, I believe in you." Well, that's great. They stepped back into the room and closed the door.

Just great, I now have to fix that- wait I can just get Amber down or up- in there to fix it. How cold is it even in there? I opened the door and a wave of coldness came into the hall. I looked down at the tablet on my arm, It was g-190⁰ in there, wow that is freezing. Yeah, I need Amber to be in there, "Computer, wake up Amber and get her down here as well." God, it's getting colder by the second. "Reviving Amber J. Karts." Well, that's wonderful, great even, she will be down here any second now.

There was once again screaming from behind me, I turned and Amber was far down the hall. I would've thought that her cryopod was in Cryo, but I guess not. "Did Damian's stupid ship design cause problems again, captain? Where is he anyway? Still sleeping, just his stupid computer not decide to wake him up?" God, she was annoying sometimes, not everything was his fault, right? Part off it is everyone's fault since they all have different job. She can't just keep blaming it all on Damian. Though it would be a thing that I wouldn't mind never blaming myself but always a person that could've been beside me, but he's gone now.

"Hello? Captain, are you there?" I must've spaced out thinking about it. "Yeah, yeah, just fix the thing, so more things don't go wrong." Amber opened the door, "Will do, captain, I'll be right back." She walked in and the door closed. I figured instead of standing, I would sit mostly in a corner and think because a leak might take a while to fix. I sat in the corner next to the door as I heard Amber fixing the leak. Where is Damian possibly floating off to? It could be anywhere, his decayed corpse could even at some time go flying into Earth. Would he even decay while just flying out there?

All of a sudden, the door opened to Cryo. She must've been done with her work. I waited for a second to maybe hear Amber say she was done or step out. No sound came from anywhere in there except for a faint buzz from the lights. I got up and peaked in the door, no one. "Leak in Cryo fixed," but no one was there that could've fixed it. Amber randomly appeared in front of me. "Fixed it, captain." "Great, hopefully no more shit will break." We stood there for a second in silence.

"Reactor overload in approximately 1 minute." Amber and I looked at each other. "Computer, you need to get Burt in there and fix it," I felt like it wouldn't work since it seemed like Damian and Amber had a hate, hate relationship. "Only the captain and head engineer can make orders. The head engineer has assigned you lifetime role of," Damian's voice came on over the speaker, "BITCHFACE. Therefore you may not make orders."

"Captain, you need to get Colin down here, so he can fix that." I looked at her, "Yeah, I was going to do that. Computer, get Colin down here and tell him to fix the Reactor." "Reviving Colin R. Tank" I stood there waiting for the screaming to stop, Amber looked confused as it happened, though. "It's normal, it's how you and Flower came to fix your things."

The door opened and Colin was there, giant wrench in hand. "Reactors fixed, captain," he nodded and walked back into the room and closed the door. Now everything should be fixed, but no one would know if something was broke unless the computer announced that something was. "Reactor stabilized," good, good. I started walking back to the main room, "Computer, revive all crew members." "Reviving crew." At least the ship wasn't in absolute peril.

"Computer, what is the status of the warp care?" There was no response for a second, "Warp core offline." "Offline, what do you mean offline?" "Warp core offline." "What do you-" "Offline." I paused, "What do you mean it's offline?!" "Warp core cannot be reached." God damn it, why does this stupid ship need to be so complicated? I rushed through into the hall to the warp core. I opened the door and there was a bright blue light coming from it, and whatever was in there was trying to pull me in. I closed the door before whatever that was could pull me in.

I heard a voice come from behind me, "Captain?" It sounded almost like Damian, I turned around. Nothing but shadows were behind me. Was I just hearing things? Possibly, that's actually the most logical answer to that situation. I walked down the hall and opened the door to the Reactor. Just Colin was in there just standing by the thing he was fixing when I first came on, "Captain," he nodded, "How's the trip been?" I didn't answer and just held a thumb up. He nodded and just stood there almost like he had no idea what to do anymore now that he was done fixing that thing.

I walked through to the Cryo just Amber was in there talking to someone else. So I continued into the hall I was going to try and find Kazoo, maybe they would know what was going on. Flower walked out of the ADS room, "Is that hell over yet?" I nodded, "Yeah, but have you seen Kazoo I just got to ask them something." They looked at me like I just asked the stupidest question one could, "Captain, I was in that room the whole time until just now do you think I've seen them?" Well of course they didn't look through the window like someone probably would to make sure all hell hasn't broke loose.

"Okay then, I'll keep looking for them," I walked away down the hall to the left of the ADS room. That's precisely where Kazoo was. Just down at the end of it about to go into wherever that door lead to, "Kazoo! I have a question!" I called. They turned and looked at me, "What do you need, captain? I have to check on the warp core. Apparently it's offline and I need to see what's wrong, captain." I knew almost exactly what was wrong I think that the warp core blew up and now whatever that thing is, is there.

"I saw what was there, but I don't know what it is, so that's what I was going to ask you about. I was going to ask what the hell it was." Kazoo looked at me like I was crazy or something, "Well, Captain," they chuckled, "Why in the hell didn't you start with that?" They pushed past me and ran down the hall, pushing past a few frogs, including Flower. I chased after them, so they could tell me what the hell that was.

I arrived in the hall that separates the warp core from the rest of the ship, Kazoo was at the end of it staring at whatever it was that took over the warp core. "Captain, I gotta tell ya, you are a real dumbass, but I mean, hey, don't take offence from that," they turned around to face me. "That there, captain," they pointed behind them, "is a wormhole, and that is how we got here, captain. Where ever here is... and I suggest never jumping into it, captain. You could, er, let's say bad things that you couldn't control could happen. Most possibly happen, like 99.9% sure all bad. Except for that one part, so I guess more of a 75% of all horrible things to happen, captain."

I stood there confused, 99.9% then a one thing 75% now I kind of want to know but of course at the same time not because of the possible bad things. "Now if you excuse me, captain, I will be trying to figure out how to just not with the wormhole." With that they walked past me and through the door behind me.

I walked into the main room and sat thinking about how to get out of the wormhole if we could... Damian! He said something about the hall! What was it... a bomb! Bombs! Oh, but what was it called? Protocol, protocols, even protocol? Event protocol? I turned to face the control panel and searched for something close to that. I ran my finger over the options, fire suppressor, that would've been helpful earlier, repair protocol, no that one probably wasn't it, Event Horizon Protocol, that sounded right. I tapped that option.

"Activating Event Horizon Protocol." The ship shook yet again, and it had gone dark for a moment. "Event Horizon Protocol successful."

Word Count: 3039

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 284 37
Movie name: Avengers age of Ultron Book name: Feelings Date: 2014-2015 "I adore you" -Natasha Romanoff to Wanda Maximoff In which Natasha Romanoff th...
1.7M 112K 68
Mankind is evolving. Some love it, some fear it. Some embrace it, some envy it. For Zoey, the evolution of man has always been in the darkest part of...
60.9K 892 190
Author:Peach blossoms for wine 13 Category: Danmei Zombies are rampant, and Ye Qingrang relies on a broken jade sachet and wood powers to move fo...
1.6K 54 8
Rimuru in the mcu from Phase 1-4