We'll Make It Wonderful

By ravenxheartx

Second part to my first book We'll Make It Alright! Natasha is Wanda's caregiver and Wanda is Natasha's littl... More

Pool Day
Owies
More Owies
The Carnival
The New Arrival
Little Bucky
Just Kiss Already
Meanie
Meanie Pt. 2
Fifth or Sixth Date
Poor Baby
Poor Baby Pt. 2
Tummy Time
Playing Pretend
Bad Time at Bed Time
Little Yelena
Little Yelena Pt. 2
The Disaster Twins
Happy Birthday, Wanda
Update

Play Date

4.5K 123 79
By ravenxheartx

"Mia!" Wanda smiled and waved from her highchair as Sharon and little Maria who had just walked into their kitchen where the team was floating in and out eating breakfast. Nat was feeding her yogurt but Wanda was still managing to get a lot of it around her mouth.

"Say hello, pumpkin." Sharon prompted and Maria rocked back and forth on her feet, not letting go of her caregiver's hand.

"Hi Wanda. Hi Auntie Nat." The little didn't sound very enthused as she did so.

"Hi Maria." Natasha gave her a sympathetic smile. "Would you like to sit down for some breakfast?"

Sharon helped her sit down in one of the chairs and put some fruit and toast on a plate as she spoken to Nat, "Thanks for watching Maria today on such short notice, Nat. The office just called with an emergency and I have to go in."

"It's no trouble at all." The Widow said as she swiped the spoon over Wanda's lower lip to scoop away some yogurt. "Maria is always welcome to hang out with us. We'll have fun."

Sharon held up a Mulan backpack, then set it next to Maria's chair, "Anything she might need is in here."

She then smiled at the little who sat in her purple little league softball t-shirt and high ponytail looking a little glum. Sharon ran her hand across Maria's shoulders and then twirled her ponytail, "I'm sorry I have to go to work, pumpkin. I promise we'll go to the zoo tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy." Maria turned again pressed her face into Sharon's stomach. The blonde hugged tightly and rubbed her back.

"Be good. I love you, baby." Sharon kissed the top of her head and pulled away.

"Love you too, Mommy." The little girl said picking up her toast but watching as Sharon departed and told them goodbye.

"Bye-bye Auntie Shar'n." Wanda waved, a piece of strawberry in her hand falling to the floor. "Uh-oh."

The little witch started to float it back up into her hand but Natasha caught it before it made it to her, "That's alright, sweetheart. It was on the ground so it's yucky. Eat your other fruit."

Wanda turned her attention back to her tray scattered with slices of banana, strawberries and kiwi. Natasha set aside the mostly empty bowl of yogurt and returned to eating her own breakfast as Maria asked with a mouthful of toast, "Where is Bucky?"

"He'll be down any minute. Steve had meetings with Tony this morning so it will just be the four of us." The Widow said with a smile.

"Uh-oh." Wanda said again and Nat turned to find she had dropped another piece of fruit on the ground. She pointed to it, "Ucky, Mama. Es ucky."

Natasha shook her head with an amused smile having a sneaking suspicion Wanda may have dropped it on purpose this time to show Nat that she'd learned the rule. She leaned down to pick the piece of banana up, "Yes, it's yucky, detka. Let's try to be a little more careful with our food."

——

Watching three littles was not as difficult as one would think. They kept each other entertained mostly and all Nat had to do was corral them to the next activity and break up any squabbles that arose, which were rare.

Like she imagined it , when Bucky came down for breakfast and after saying goodbye to his Papa, he and Maria started to make their plans for the day, only asking when they could go outside and if there were popsicles for after lunch already. Natasha easily placated them, wiped Wanda's hands and face before letting her down from her high chair and led the little group out in the yard.

Nat sat on one of the deck loungers with a book and the three littles immediately got into the sandbox, Maria and Bucky starting a serious endeavor of building a sandcastle and Wanda sitting next to them doing her very best to make sloppy piles of sand into towers with them. Between Bucky and Wanda, Bucky was the preferred playmate. Not that little Maria didn't like Wanda necessarily but she had less patience than the little boy in playing with Wanda.

Maria was six so closer in age to Bucky and definitely a tomboy, preferring to play catch or cops and robbers over dolls or tea parties. Wanda liked dolls and tea parties and while she liked the other games too she struggled to keep up with the older pair. On top of that she didn't have the best attention span as she was easily distracted from the task at hand by the littlest of things like a butterfly floating by or even the grass beneath her feet. The little witch had already given up on her towers and was happily burying small plastic toys then sifting them out of the sand.

She didn't think Maria was being mean with her preference in playmate. Wanda was young enough that playing with other littles was less about interacting with them and more side-by-side play anyways. She felt included just being next to them even if they weren't doing the same thing. Still it was sweet when they had nearly finished, Bucky tried to include her a bit more, "Wanna put da flags in da towers, Wanda?"

"Yah!" The little witch said happily as she tossed aside her shovel that she was digging a hole with and went to take one of the small blue flags they were using to put the finishing touches on the castle. He showed her how to do it and she successfully place a couple before on the third tower her hand knocked into it and the delicate sand collapsed. "Uh-oh.."

Wanda's lower lip trembled, preparing to be upset but little Bucky just laughed, "Uh-oh, a Wanda-monster is attacking da castle. We better run!"

He and Maria took off into the yard and Wanda ran after them, giggling and roaring as she easily deterred from being upset at the prospect of a new game. Maria slowed down allowing Wanda to catch her, the littler girl falling into her so they both fell on the ground in a heap of giggles.

"Now I'm Mia-monster an' imma get you!" Maria announced with some growls. Wanda squealed and scrabbled off of her to catch up to Bucky only to fall a couple steps later onto her knees. Before Nat could worry, the little witch was up and laughing and yelling for Bubby to save her. The Widow relaxed and went back to reading her book with frequently glancing up at the rowdy littles playing their game of monster tag.

Natasha watched as Wanda kept falling down, trying to keep up with the other two. The knees of her overalls would be completely grass stained. Finally after the fourth time Wanda got herself seated on the ground and pulled at the straps until she managed to get them undone and wriggled out of them leaving her in the red and white striped onesie she had on underneath. She held up the overalls and looked at Nat, "Bad pants, Mama."

"Well bring them over here." Natasha instructed with a laugh when she tried to drop them in the grass where she would most likely trip over them again. Wanda hurried over and deposited the clothing with her Mama and getting a quick couple of kisses on her cheeks too before running off to play again.

About an hour later the trio had settled slightly after Nat suggested getting out the sidewalk chalk. She sat with them and helped decorate the patio with rainbows and flowers and ladybugs and dinosaurs.

"Hey, looks like we got some artists out here." Tony came out from the sliding glass door with his hands behind his back and looking at the new drawings.

"Hi Unca Tony." Maria greeted him as she stayed with her drawing that almost looked like a cat, "I made a kitty."

"Very impressive. Looks like you're doing great work out here guys. I don't suppose you want a popsicle break?" The man asked as he pulled his hands out from behind his back, fanning out three popsicles. Wanda, Bucky and Maria suddenly became much more excited about Tony's arrival, cheering for him and the popsicles.

"It's almost lunch time." Natasha said with a disapproving tone.

"Please Auntie Nat, please." Bucky bounced on his toes.

Maria echoed his sentiment, "Please can we have da pop'icles?"

"Pop pop? Peas, Mama?" Wanda joined in.

Nat sighed, "You may have the popsicles. But you have to sit down with them. No running around."

With final permission from the redhead they thanked her and then Tony as he passed out the treats- cherry for Wanda, blue raspberry for Bucky and grape for Maria. She shot Tony a slightly exasperated look as she helped Wanda open hers, "Do you have to always give them sugar?"

"How else will I buy their love and affection?" He asked and Nat rolled her eyes.

"Is Steve coming down soon too?" The Widow asked, knowing they had been together.

He nodded, "Soon. He had some things to wrap up. How about I stay out her with the kiddos and you can start on lunch?"

"That would be great. Thanks, Tony." Nat accepted his offer. After telling the littles that Tony was in charge, Nat went to whip up some macaroni and cheese and see what fruits and vegetables they had to round out the meal. By the time she was leaving Wanda was already practically covered in red popsicle juice in addition to having chalk all over her legs from crawling through it.

Maria was fairing better but her ponytail was falling out and lips were stained purple and a bit of purple melted down her arm.

Bucky was the tidiest out of the three of them with his hair still up in half up in a bun and very carefully eating his dessert as to not get a stain on his favorite t-shirt with his Papa's shield on it.

She's lucky she's cute, Nat thought, though not seeing a way to get Wanda back inside without visiting the hose first.

——

Steve joined Natasha in helping make lunch then they brought the food outside for them to eat. The littles wolfed down their macaroni, the popsicles doing nothing to spoil their appetites after a morning of playing in the sun.

After they finished eating, Bucky and Maria wanted to play in the sprinkler, meaning Wanda wanted to play in the sprinkler as well, which worked in Nat's favor. Steve took Bucky inside to change into his swim trunks while Nat stayed outside with Maria and Wanda to help them change into their swimsuits. Maria's backpack really did have everything she needed as Nat looked through the change of clothes, pajamas, and her stuffed cat Cookie to find her blue suit with white polka dots.

Wanda had one that had been left out in the cabana by the pool from one time or another and she only pouted a little bit when it wasn't her Moana one, but Nat thought she looked adorable in the one with the pattern of watermelon wedges on it.

Soon the three littles were jumping and skipping through the sprinkler as it waved lazily over the lawn. Nat wasn't sure how they were still going after they had been charging around all morning. Eventually it got to be Wanda's nap time though, "Okay guys, let's take a break from the sun. Come on over here."

The Widow called them over. Bucky, Maria and Wanda all turned with a expressions of disappointment. Bucky and Maria wouldn't argue Nat but Wanda spoke for them, "No Mama, p'aying. We p'aying."

"You can play later, detka. Let's have a little rest now." Natasha walked towards her with a towel, telling the other two, "Can you two play quietly for a while? You can play on your tablets."

Their tablets could connect and they could play racing games and whatever else together. Bucky and Maria agreed to her proposition, and went to Steve to help them dry off before going to lounge in a shady patch of the yard that wasn't wet. Nat wrapped Wanda up into the towel and placed a pacifier in her mouth.

"Will you sit with me for a bit, sweetheart? I've missed my baby today." She teased lightly, hoping to be able to secretly lull her to sleep.

"Kay.." Wanda agreed, sounding more tired than sad at this point. Natasha sat down on the cushioned porch swing with Wanda still swaddled in the towel across her lap, her head resting on her shoulder and tugging on her paci. The swing swayed and Nat hummed lightly and it wasn't long before Wanda had drifted off to sleep. They stayed out there for her nap in the warm breeze.

——

Wanda woke about an hour and a half later, blinking her eyes and rubbing her face against Nat's chest as she adjusted to being awake. The redhead smiled down at her, "Hey little star. Did you have a good nap?"

Wanda nodded but didn't move to get out of her arms. The woman asked, "Are you thirsty?"

She nodded again and Steve offered to grab her some juice from where he sat working on something from his own tablet. Nat accepted and he came back with a bottle of apple juice as well as juice boxes for Bucky and Maria. When they saw Steve come back, they popped up from where they had been still quietly playing and ran over excitedly, "Can I feed da baby?"

Bucky asked as he sometimes did, though Maria was quick behind him, "Can I feed da baby too?"

Unfortunately their exuberant energy was a bit much for Wanda having just woken up and she started fussing and whimpering, "Mama.."

"Sorry guys, I think she's still waking up. I'll help Wanda with her bottle. But Steve brought you your own juice boxes and we can turn the sprinkler back on soon." This was enough to redirect them and they crowded around Steve instead as he helped them puncture the straws through the boxes. Wanda drank her bottle from the safety of Nat's lap until she ready to get up which happened to coincide with Steve turning the sprinkler back on.

"Bubby, Mia!" Wanda called to her friends as Nat unfurled her from her towel and she ran off to play with them once again.

——

Nat was glad to be in the cool, dark living room for the evening. They had finished eating pizza for dinner and were now gathered around the television to watch a movie. Wanda, Bucky and Maria were already bathed and in their pajamas, the trio piled on the ground with pillows and blankets and their respective stuffed animal while Steve and Nat sat back on the couch. The littles giggles and whispered throughout Toy Story until suddenly there was no more sound coming from them and they were all fast asleep.

Sharon arrived for Maria not much later, cooing at the scene in front of her softly as to not wake them, "They are so cute. They must have had fun today."

"They did." Nat smiled agreeing with Sharon that they were very cute, "Do you want to wake Maria? They just fell asleep but you can stay here tonight if you want."

"I'll let her sleep." Sharon said, "If I wake her up, they'll all be up."

It was true. The littles were cuddled together- Wanda with her head on Maria's shoulder and Bucky with his arm thrown over the both of them. Trying to move one would move them all. Nat went to help Sharon find some clothing to sleep in and showed her into one of the guest rooms before saying goodnight. Nat had offered to take the couch in case any of them needed anything in the night.

And it was still dark when Nat woke with a little start to Wanda sitting on the couch next to her, "Mama.. Mama."

"What is it baby?"

"Mia." Her little just said and Nat sat up to see Maria sitting up and rubbing her eyes as she tried not to cry. Bucky was awake too, watching worriedly.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" The redhead was up in no time.

"Where's my Mommy?" Maria asked sadly. It hadn't been the plan for her to stay over the night so waking up here in the early hours of the morning was probably confusing to her.

"She's here honey. She's just in the guest room. You had a long day and she wanted to let you sleep. You want to go stay with her?"

"Yeah." She sniffled.

"Alright. You okay to head back to your Papa on your own, bubs?" She checked in with the little boy. He nodded and grabbed his vibranium arm before shuffling off towards his room.

Nat picked Wanda up on her hip and took Maria's hand to guide her to where her caregiver was. The redhead softly tapped on the door and then opened it for the little girl, "Mommy?"

"Hey, pumpkin." They could sort of see Sharon shifting in the dark as she was woken up. Maria hurried in.

"I missed you, Mommy." The dark-haired girl claimed, climbing into the bed and snuggling in with Sharon.

"Oh my girl." The blonde squeezed her tightly, "I missed you too, baby.. I can't wait to hear about your fun day but let's get some more sleep.."

Natasha shut the door on their conversation saying the same sentiment to Wanda. "Ready to go back to bed, sweetheart?"

"Nigh nigh, Mama." Her little witch murmured and rested her head on her shoulder. Nat smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Night night, detka." The caregiver said, taking them back to their room for another few hours of sleep.

//

Just some little pals paling around 😊

Hope you enjoyed reading! I appreciate all of your votes and wonderful comments. Thank you! Until next time! ~Raven

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 279 8
Wandanat x daughters one shot This book belongs to me and @ romanoffsjohansson . We're writing this book chapters together :) I have the wandanat bo...
126K 1.4K 6
A 6 part story of 1 shots showing how each member falls into the care of all the caregivers Starting with Steve, ending with Loki! (CARRY ON BOOKS AR...
136K 4K 56
Wanda wasn't sure what to expect after Sokovia but this wasn't it. Basically a fic about Wanda and Natasha's mother-daughter sort of relationship be...
56.5K 1.7K 30
The world is made up of littles, caregivers, neutrals, neutrals with tendencies, and stiffs. When someone turns 16, they get their classification, an...