Kya Maiden of the Sea Book 1...

By Stormweaver224

Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being mi... More

Kya
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Book 2

Chapter 20

5.3K 148 35
By Stormweaver224

In the morning Sokka and I joined Jet. We all followed him up a tree. Jet was on the branch below Sokka and I. I kept quiet the whole time. Just observing everything. In the tree Jet signaled the others with a bird call. I wished I could've placed my back against the tree but Sokka was there. If it was gonna be like this the whole day then I was ready to leave. Then, Sokka stabbed his knife into the tree as he listened.

"What are you doing?" Jet asked.

"It amplifies vibration," Sokka answered.

"Good trick," Jet smirked.

"Nothing yet,, Wait! yes! Someone's approaching,"

"How many?"

"I think theres just one,"

Jet made a different bird call to alert the others.

"Good work. Now ready your weapons,"

Sokka and I prepared ourselves just to encounter, an old man.

"Wait! False alarm! He's just an old man," Sokka said.

Jet still jumped down with an uneasy smile on his face. Sokka and I exchanged a worrisome look.

"What are you doing in our woods you leech?!"

"Please sir, I'm just a traveler." The old man spoke.

Jet walked closer to the old man hitting his cane away. The man ran into Pipsqueak and fell, Pipsqueak then put his foot in his back. Everything about this screamed at me that something was seriously wrong.

"He's crazy," I said loud enough for Sokka to hear me. I jumped down as Sokka followed.

Smellerbee stood in my way, "Move it," I demanded. 

The old man groaned terrified at the sudden mobbing. I tried pushing forward but Sokka grabbed my hand. He clearly knows no one here is in their right mind.

"Do you like destroying towns?! Destroying families?! Do you?!" Jet protested looking down at the man.

"Please let me go! Have mercy," The old man pleaded while groaning  louder in pain.

"Does the Fire Nation let people go?! Does the Fire Nation have mercy?!" Jet raised his foot to kick the man.

"Don't!" I called out, pushing Smellerbee away. Sokka ran passed me grabbing Jets foot with his club. I sighed in relief.

"He's Fire Nation! Search him!"

Pipsqueak and Smellerbee did as they were ordered.

"But he's not hurting anyone!" Sokka said.

"Have you forgotten how the Fire Nation killed your mother? Remember why you fight!"

"We got his stuff, Jet!" Smellerbee held up the mans pouch.

"We fight soldiers. Not innocent people," I harshly said

"This doesn't feel right," Sokka added.

"Thats because it isn't. Jets just insane placing the blame of our pasts on someone who has nothing to do with the war but be a citizen to its nation,"

"It's what has to be done. Now let's get out of here," Jet responded, ignoring my comment and pushing past Sokka.

I stayed back helping the old man back up on his feet. He looked at me with fear until he saw my face. He relaxed a bit even though I wasn't happy at all with this situation.

"Come on Sokka, Kya!" Jet called which was more like an order if you asked me.

I bowed in apology and walked back.

Sokka and I walked back in silence the whole time until the tent. He slumped down shamefully.

"Don't be like that," I said sitting down next to him. 

"I can't believe I almost trusted him!" Sokka shook his head violently.

"Imagine if we didn't go," I started to reassure Sokka, "That poor old man could've died,"

Sokka looked at me with sorry eyes and a weary smile. I glittered my eyes back at him then rested my head on his shoulder. Sokka knew that I knew he did good. Despite my brother being a little slow sometimes his hearts always in the right place. I let out a long sigh.

"Hey Kya! Hey Sokka! Look what The Duke gave me!" Aang threw a spark popper onto the ground scaring Momo so Momo returned the favor, "Hey! Quit it!"

"Oh your back. Have you seen Jet?" Katara asked, "I can't seem to find him. He's back too isn't he?"

"Yeah, he's back but were leaving!" Sokka protestingly.

"What?!" Aang asked frowning

"But I made him this hat," Katara said sadly showing what she had in her hands. Saying the hat looked weird was a nice way of putting it. 

"Your boyfriend Jet's a thug," Sokka angrily crossed his arms.

"What? No, he's not!"

"Sokka's right," I added.

"He's just got a different way of life. A really fun way of life!" Aang defended

"He beat and robbed a harmless old man!" Sokka yelled.

"I wanna hear Jet's side of the story!" Katara said defensively crossing her arms.

"You trust him over your siblings? Fine," I was upset. How could she side with a guy she just met?  Is she really that dense?

I coldly glared at Jet which is one thing I haven't done yet. He seemed uneasy at my greeting but shook it off the moment he opened his mouth.

"You told them what happened but you forgot to mention the guy was a Fire Nation?" Jet asked.

"No, they conveniently left that part out," Katara looked back accusingly.

"Fine. But even if he was Fire Nation, he was a harmless civilian," Sokka responded

"We can't make everyone evil just because their Fire Nation. It's wrong to act like that old man was actively playing a part in the war," I added to Sokka's statement.

"He was an assassin!" Jet pulled put a knife stabbing a tree trunk that was infront of him. He spun the top, "See there's a compartment for the poison in the knife. He was sent to eliminate me. You two helped save my life,"

The only person wanting to kill you is me actually.

"I knew there was an explanation," Katara smiled in relief.

"I didn't see any knife!" Sokka defended.

"That's because he was concealing it," 

"See, I'm sure you guys just didn't notice the knife," Katara turned back to Sokka and I.

I shook my head there wasn't any knife but she's gone to far off the deep end. She won't believe me even if I tried.

"There was no knife!" Sokka continued.

I stopped Sokka by placing my hand on his shoulder. I was sick of this conversation. I glared at my sister sending a chill down her spine but she snapped back, "Theres no getting her out of the trance she's in," Katara gave me an angry stare. I didn't care anymore. I left holding onto Sokka's wrist leading him back to our tent.

Sokka and I had begun to pack our things. I couldn't believe she still trusted him more. I concealed how much I wanted to strangle this guy.

"We can't leave now with the Fire Nation about to burn down a forest!" Katara exclaimed as she and Aang walked in.

"Jets manipulative Katara. You shouldn't trust him," I said still packing my things not looking at her in fear I'll snap.

"She's right," Sokka added

"You know what I think? You're both jealous," I stood up to face her, "That he's a better leader and a better fighter!"

"Katara please," I said trying to keep calm.

"Maybe if you stopped accusing people of such awful things you'd be a happier person. Huh?"

I let my anger fly out, calming down again. So thats how it was going to be, then fine. I won't argue anymore. I went back to packing my things.

"See you can't even say anything! You just shut yourself out like you always do! Why can't you try and trust someone new for once,"

"Okay! Enough! Katara I'm not jealous of Jet. It's just that my instincts-" Sokka tried to finish but was cut off.

"Well, my instincts tell me we need to stay here a little longer and help Jet," Katara turned to leave, "Come on, Aang,"

Aang looked back at us, "Sorry guys," 

"Sorry to you too," 

I sighed. Sokka placed his hands on my shoulders rubbing them a bit.

"We'll at least she wasn't lying," I tried to joke it off avoiding the stinging sensation her statement left on me. 

>>>

In the morning, Sokka was gone. I didn't even notice. How? He must've left really early if even I didn't notice. Aang and Katara went to go see Jet so I decided to follow along. Sokka will show up eventually. I trusted him.

"Jet, I'm sorry about how my older siblings have been acting," Katara apologized

"No worries, Sokka's already apologized,"

My head leaned a bit to the right in confusion. Sokka? Apologized?

"Yeah, I was surprised. got the sense that maybe you talked to him or something," Jet said looking to Katara.

I nulled their conversation and slipped into the forest. I kept running until I heard the sound of traps springing.

"If thats how Jet leads, then he's got a lot to learn!" It was Sokka

"Sokka!" We ran to each other and hugged tightly.

"Kya! Your here! We have to go warn the village. Jet's going to blow up the dam," He said grabbing my arm and running.

"Of course that lunatics going to try that," I sprinted following Sokka.

We arrived at the village and tried to warn the people. No one believed us until the old man that we saved stood up for us. We had led everyone out the the village and into an area higher up. I helped the seniors who needed help. There was no time to think. We kept evacuating everyone until we were out of breath. With only a few more people behind the water started to rush in. I held it all back as much as I could as Sokka lead the last few to the others. I let go using ice to take me back to Sokka.

"I can't believe we actually did it!" My brother excitingly hugged me.

"What? You thought we couldn't?" I smirked at him as we hifived.

>>>

"Jet, you monster!" Katara yelled. She sounded so hurt. She really did believe him after all.

"This was a victory, Katara. Remember that, the Fire Nation is gone and this valley is safe,"

"It will be safe. Without you!" Sokka said as we approached the other three.

"Sokka! Kya!" Katara called out. 

"We warned the villagers of your plan," I smirked as Sokka told Jet what we did.

Katara froze Jet to a tree.

"You fools! We could have freed this valley!" Jet yelled

"Where does freedom lie when everyone is dead?" I asked.

"You traitor!"

"No Jet, you became the traitor when you stopped protecting innocent people," Sokka told him.

I sent a chilling look his way. He immediately looked as my sister.

"Katara, please. Help me," Jet pleaded.

Katara closed her eyes and looked down, "Goodbye, Jet,"

"Yip yip," Sokka said driving Appa. 

As we took off I joined him on Appa's head. I gave him a bright look on my face as a job well done. He smiled in return. I turned a bit to lean on him.

"We thought you were going to the dam. Why did you go to the town instead?" Aang asked.

"Let me guess,,, your instinct told you,"

"Hey, sometimes they're right," Sokka shrugged with a smirk

"Yea well we're heading in the wrong direction," I snickered nudging him.

"And sometimes they're wrong," He replied turning Appa around

I crawled back to Katara who's been staring at that hideous hat for too long. Mourning the loss of a first love? I laid my head on her lap looking up at her.

"Im sorry." She said,

"Eh you weren't wrong, but if anything can make me feel better it's that ugly hat. No, really how much time did it take you to make it?" 

She groaned poking my cheek, then stifling a laugh as I rubbed my cheek. She threw the hat up for the wind to take away.

"Theres always more fish in the sea," I said as I made myself more comfortable laying down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 77K 60
Y/N was getting sick of the South Pole. Her cocky twin brother Sokka, her insufferable little sister Katara, the endless snow, ice, water, and chores...
117K 6.4K 42
*This is the SECOND book of the "Daughter of the Moon" series, so go read "Book One: Water" if you haven't already* Elara finds herself on the run wi...
97.9K 2.3K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...
91.7K 2.3K 35
𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 | ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄs ❝ I want our future to be just like that, as happy as theirs. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧�...