Immortality

By Spencemotionless

Lucien Pierce is not your average 18 year old boy. His family found and bought an old Irish castle in 1817, t... More

UPDATE

From the Start

12 0 0
By Spencemotionless

I walk up and down the halls of my house, stopping through the rooms to make sure they are in good shape. About 100 rooms that need dusting and a dungeon that needs to be cleaned up. There's also dishes that need to be done, vacuuming, and clothes to wash. While i'm at it i better clean the kitchen up from last night's guests dinner. I have to rearrange my bedroom that is in the tower and dust all the pictures I have and hang a few that are still in boxes. I moved here back in 1976, almost 34 years ago and I'm still not unpacked. The house is still very cluttered in some areas but what can you expect when you have to move to the other side of the world. My clock rings and I see the time, it's 11am. I peek out the window and see the mail truck drive away. I walk to the front door and open it. I sigh softly as I see about 5 big boxes sitting on my porch then a smaller box on top.

"Wow I had a lot of stuff.." I scratch my head then bring the boxes in. I open them one by one, 3 boxes are just my china then the other 2 are clothes. I grab the smaller box and open it. It's a phone. I grab it out gently. I look at it confused. I've never had one and didn't plan on getting one. My creator always had one when he was caring for me.

There's a knock at the door. I walk over and open it.

"Hey lu!" Anne smiles. She's one of my best friends.

"Hey Anne. Why are you here? We're closed for tours today."

"Yeah but I was off from school today so I wanted to come check on you. Need any help cleaning?"

"Ahh that makes sense. I got a list of things to do, if you'd like to help you can and I'll add it to yer check."

"No worries! You're a friend. I like helping my friends." She smiles.

"Well I'm still gonna add it." I laugh and walk back to the boxes.

"Got more stuff?" She sits on the floor near the boxes.

"Yeah, my creator sent me some more of my stuff from my previous home. I'll probably have some more showing up soon."

"You have a phone?" She grabs the phone out of the box and hits a button. The screen lights up and it starts loading.

"I guess. I didn't plan on getting one but it came with the boxes. I'm not too fond of today's technology, I think it's too complicated for me." I smile. I sit beside her and watch her mess with it.

"Well it seems like this one is simple and I think.... They? Already have it set up for you."

"They?"

"You're creator, silly. I don't know anything about them or anything so I didn't know what I could use." She laughs.

"Oh, yeah. I haven't talked much about him, I've been too busy making sure everything runs smoothly for the tours." I smile. "What would you like to know?"

"Everything, how you two met, how he acts, an idea of who he is." I smile. "And I need to touch up your hair, your roots are coming through."

"They're not too bad, been thinking about going back to black but I don't know yet, I might wait and talk with him to see what he thinks."

"Soooo.." she laughs.

"His name is Samuel, I call him sammie. He was born in 1723. I don't know the exact date as he won't tell me but yeah, he's from Dublin and we ended up meeting when I was 15, I had gotten lost on my way home from school and he helped me get back. After that he was always there when I needed help." I think for a moment. "That sounds creepy." I laugh. "I always found him either at the library down the road from my house or at the pub near the grocery store. So it was easy to get help when needed."

"So how old is he? You said he was born in the 1700s?"

"Yeah, if I remember correctly he stopped aging at 24? 25? Something like that."

"How often did he help? And why did he choose to help?"

"I only saw him that one time until my accident, then he was there for about 2 weeks after I was released from the hospital. My parents didn't do anything about it so he figured I needed some sort of guardian to help with everything. He got me into a doctor to help with my eye and the ongoing infections I had in it as well as my arms and chest. Then he had to get back to Dublin for family stuff and shortly before my parents locked me in the old house. He was gone for a few months but luckily I had canned goods to live off of until he broke the wooden panels off the door to get in. He got everything turned back on and replaced any spoilt food. Had me checked again by a doctor and that's when he figured out everything happening to me."

"May.... I ask about your accident?" She asks cautiously.

"My boyfriend at the time, thought I was cheating on him whenever I went to school. Then right before the accident I got my first job. I became friends with a female coworker and he instantly thought again that I was cheating. He pinned me to the ground, pulled my ponytail and cut it, cut up my arms with the same knife he cut my hair with, and as a way for him to be sure no one would want me he took my eye.... He was a heavy cigar smoker and that's what he used to take my vision... it was right before my 16th birthday.."

"Oh god lu. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. It happened a long while ago. I'm used to not having it now."

"How old were you when Samuel changed you?"

"I just turned 18. He wanted me to be an adult so that I could work a full time job if I chose to and that was hard to do under 18 back then."

"And I see he still helps you when needed, that's sweet. He even put himself in your phone."

"Did he? How do you know?" I say, really confused. She giggles.

"You don't know how these work huh?"

"Not in the slightest I prefer writing letters with my quill." I laugh.

"So you'll open the phone by swiping on the lock screen. This screen" She hits the button and it lights up. "Is your lock screen. So swipe." She swipes it and another picture shows up with some little pictures at the bottom of the phone. "Now this is your home screen. You'll hit this little phonebook" She taps it and it brings up a different screen and I see Sammie's name. "There he is and when you tap it, it will give you his phone number, a little envelope icon and a phone icon. The envelope is text and the phone is well for calling." She smiles. "Is it ok if I put mine in here?"

"S..sure?" She hits the little plus sign at the top and it loads, she puts in her name and a number then saves it. She then taps the envelope icon and types 'hiya' in the bar and hits the arrow. Her phone dings and she smiles. "I got yours now so whenever you need me outside of hours you can get ahold of me." She hands me my phone."Why did your parents lock you up?"

"I had finally gotten tired of the abuse I was getting from my ex so I went to Sammie and told him everything that my ex was doing. Sammie got him arrested and got a restraining order for me. It had been almost a year since the accident as he was always in Dublin with his family. But I told him about it just a few days before my 18th birthday so he waited to do anything until he changed me. Once it happened then the cops got my ex out of my parents house and threw him in jail. My parents favoured Jason, my ex sorry, way more than me. When i came home, Sammie had walked me to the door and my pa opened it furious then noticed I had a vampire with me. He instantly got even more pissed off and Sammie got in front of me to protect me. Pa yanked me away from him and saw the bite mark on my neck and forced my mouth open. He saw my freshly grown fangs and started screaming at me that I was a disgrace and a mistake and every name known in the book at that time. He threatened to kill Sammie so he left and shortly after my parents did too. Everything was boarded up. I couldn't get out as I was still recovering from recent abuse as well as I had just gotten changed."

"Wow, what parent chooses the abuser over their own child?"

"They were pissed that I didn't want in on the family business. My parents were some of the best vampire hunters known."

"But still, you are their only child!"

"As far as I'm aware. But it's fine Sam got me out of there and moved me here for safety."

"Anyways, how about we get the place ready for tours in the morning." She smiles. "What would you like me to do?" I smile.

"Kitchen and the dining room needs to be cleaned, swept and mopped if you don't mind starting that, while I get my laundry started and start working on the library." I look at the boxes. "I'll eventually make it to these boxes but it's already 2 so I need to get everything taken care of that's already on the list." I push the boxes to the wall.

"Of course I'll get right on that!" She smiles and gets up then hands me my phone.

"Just be careful! There's a lot of dishes!"

"I will." She heads to the kitchen. I shake my head and chuckle. I open my phone and hit the envelope under sammies name. It brings up a new screen and a keyboard.

> hi Sammie..

I type and then tap on the arrow Anne tapped on when she was on here. I see it move up on the screen as a little bubble and smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 28.9K 40
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်
67.4K 5.9K 59
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
564K 26.2K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒈...
123K 3.9K 34
Nollani is a 21 year old student, she has a big personality that only the closest know. She's very independent but very deep down wants a mommy to de...