Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 33

301 19 4
By FlorindaBrydon

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'What! Did I just hear you right? He's your step dad?!' Jack yelled.

'Uh huh!' I grumbled while gritting my teeth together with aggravation.

'Haha, umm... Yeah.... Romie? What are you doing here? How did you even get here? Oh and how's Jessica? Did she have and good birthday? Sorry I couldn't make it down to see her.' Cupid asked while walking towards me, but I stepped away from him when he drew closer. He stopped walking when he realised I was totally pissed.

'Dan? You're Cupid?' I asked sternly, wanting an explanation immediately.

'Umm, yeah, uh huh, I'm Cupid.' He replied nervously while uneasily shuffling on the spot.

'We're you always Cupid, or is this just a new development?' I asked him.

I wanted to know if this is the reason he left us two years ago.

'Yes, I've always been Cupid.' He replied.

'Well then why did you leave?! Two years ago you abandoned us! I want to know why!' I yelled while Jack attempted to calm me down.

'I did not abandon you! The Man In The Moon forced me to leave. Pitch Black had suddenly become active and was hunting down all of the Guardians, not just the Guardians of Childhood. It wasn't safe for me to stay. I would have put you, your sister and your mother in danger if I did. MiM for some unknown reason was extremely protective over you and didn't give me a choice, I had to go because Pitch would find me eventually and you with me. MiM refused to let that happen. I couldn't really disobey him.

Thankfully my angels and I didn't have to fight Pitch ourselves because MiM created himself a new pawn to do all of the dirty work for us.' Cupid said while gesturing towards Jack.

'Shut up! I am nobody's pawn! I'm a guardian!' Jack yelled while aiming his staff at the winged angel man in the regal styled suit in front of us.

'Oh really? Get over yourself Frost! You'll never be a real guardian until you grow up. You're nothing but a child.' Cupid snapped back.

'Oi! You two stop it now!' I yelled at the both of them. A loud clash of thunder and bright flash of lighting exploded in the sky over the workshop.

The whole room went silent and six pairs of eyes were immediately glued to me.

I'm had unintentionally used my powers and transformed into my seasonal Spring Mother Nature dress.

'Oh damn it, not again! Look what you two made me do!' I exclaimed while pouting and crossing my vine gloved arms over my light green strapless corset.

'R-R-Romanna?' Cupid stuttered at my current appearance.

'What?' I replied harshly while turning my back towards him.

The dress came down to the floor in length and my legs and feet were easily hidden inside it's green slightly puffy ball gown-ish like shaped skirt.

'Romie, sweetheart, umm...' He continued while pointing his gloved finger towards me.

'I don't undastand why this keeps happenin to me. The two fathas I've had, they've both lied to me! Who are you? Is Dan even your real name? What 'bout mum, your wife, did ya even botha to tell 'er?!' I yelled while glaring daggers at him with my emerald green eyes.

Dark harsh vines with needle sharp thorns started to snake their way across the floor and walls surrounding me, tangling themselves up into threatening deathly knots.

Outside the building, the thunderstorm was worsening and lightning continued to dart across the cloudy night sky.

Tyrenchal rain and wind blew open all of the windows and doors, making the elves and yeti frantically run to shut them before too much water flooded into the workshop. But the wind was so strong most of the tables, chairs and elves were blown off their feet and across the room or up into the air.

'WHY DID YOU LIE?!' I yelled over the chaos I was creating around me.

'Romanna, you need to calm down.' Jack shouted while attempting to walk closer to me, but was forced back by the hazardous vines. Now is the time he wished he had shoes on his feet.

'Would you have really believed me if I told you I was Cupid? Romie, think about it. You are overeating and I didn't lie to you, I never have. All I did was keep a little part of myself a secret. Kinda like what you've done with your powers. Romanna, you did the exact same thing so don't get mad at me.' He said calmly while crossing his arms in a parental like fashion.

The truth in his words hit me hard and immediately the storm and rain I had created stopped. The thorny vines withered and turned into dust that blew away with residing wind. There was dead since in the workshop and all eyes were on me, again.

Less then a second later my Spring dress vanished in a puff of glowing sparkles, revealing my natural form in the outfit Jack picked out the night before.

'I'm sorry..... I-I.... I'm just so sorry. I didn't mean to lose control like that.' I cried while burying my face into my hands. I felt two arms wrap around my body, pulling me into comforting hug. Looking up, I had expected to see Jack but instead I saw Cupid.

'W-what are you-' I started to speak but stopped when he gently pressed my head against his chest while stroking the back of my untied hair, shhing me silent.

'What did you expect me to do Romie? Just stand there and watch my oldest daughter get upset about something I did. What kind of father am I if I can't do something as simple as comfort you. I love you and no matter what you do I will still love you.' He said while brushing my fringe behind my ears and wiping away and remaining tears.

'You really think of me as your daughta? Y-you really love me?' I asked while pulling away and taking a few steps back from him.

'Of course I do! Romie, what a silly question to ask me! I'm your dad whether you call me dad or not.' He replied while smiling down at me, his large white feathered wings neatly folded against his back.

'You knew 'bout my powas? How?' I asked while receiving a clingy hug from Jack. Cupid rolled his eyes at Jack's territorial behavior and continued to smile at me.

'I've known you were a supernatural from the first time I met you.' He said while waiting for me to ask the obvious question.

'What's a supernatural?' I asked while glancing up at Jack. Judging by the look on his face, I don't think he knew either. I've heard that word being used a few times but I never understood what it meant.

'A supernatural is what we immortal guardians like to call mortal humans with magic, supernatural powers or appearances, like pointy elf ears, wings, scales or fins.

Because they are a random and a rare genetic occurrence among average humans, normally supernatural children are found when they are babies and removed from their not supernatural birth parents. That way they can be taken to special magic villages or camps where they can happily grow up with other supernatural children without having to hide their unique gifts.

Toothiana is an immortal guardian now, but when she was was a child she was a supernatural. Her mother wasn't exactly human so she wasn't collected by the S.C.R.O, Supernatural Children Rescue Organisation. Also this was in the really early days of S.C.R.O, it's a lot bigger now and more complicated now.

But because Toothiana wasn't collected when she developed her feathers and wings when she was 12, it caused a lot of problems in her village when the other "normal" people found out she wasn't human anymore.

By the way, I am deeply sorry for bringing that up and using it as an example. I was very inconsiderate of me. Forgive me.' Cupid apologised with a solemn bow towards the fairy.

'It's ok, thank you anyway.' Tooth replied while smiling sweetly at him.

'Getting back on point, my angels and I are all supernaturals, hence the wings, but I'm the only guardian.

A lot of the people you will meet tonight would have been either spirits or supernaturals before guardians. None of us were plain humans because you have to either be a mortal supernatural or an immortal spirit to become a guardian.

Jack, he was human but then he became a spirit, which makes sense because spirits can only exist if the human version of themselves dies, and because their body died it permanently grants them immortality. So I guess I have a few apologies to give to you Jack, it's not your falt you died at such a young age. It was cruel of me to start fights over such a stupid thing. I'm sorry.' Cupid said while sincerely bowing towards Jack.

'Apology accepted' Jack said rather smugly, very pleased with himself.

'But, Romie there is something else about you that I couldn't put my finger on.' Cupid said while turning to face me.

'Ok, and what would that be?' I asked while admiring his swan like angel wings.

'You're not like most other normal supernaturals like me or my angels. You weren't born with powers or magical features. You just magically got them when you were five. Maybe that's why you are a spirit now. Manny couldn't make you into a guardian because you aren't a "real" supernatural. But then that makes no sence, where did your powers come from?

That's another reason I broke my own rules and fell in love with your mother. She was doing the impossible by raising a mystery-supernatural child on her own. I met you when you were seven, so why didn't the S.C.R.O come and collect you when you were five? If all the signs say you're a supernatural, then they should have easily found you.

You had unexplainable powers and not even I could explain to your mum about how you got them or why the S.C.R.O. wasn't already involved. Also why the Man In The Moon was keeping such a close eye on you.

I had a word with the S.C.R.O and when I told them about you they had no idea or record of your existence. Immediately they wanted to take you from your mother and put you into a camp, but with a lot of bribing and arguing I convinced them that Amy was more than suitable to care for you.

But to make them more comfortable about leaving and mystery-supernatural in the hands of and human I offered to become your private carer. It was only allowed because I was not only a guardian but I am a supernatural too, so they allowed me keep an eye on you and your mother. I went through hell and back to fix my mistake of telling them about you and did it because I loved you.

And the same goes for your sister, you are all under the Valentine name and no one will be taking my daughters away from me.' Cupid said putting his hands on his hips in a protective styled stance.

I was speechless.

Dan did all of that, for..... me?
He stopped the S.C.R.O from taking me away from my mum and he's been protecting me and my powers for all of these years... I didn't know...

He really truly does love me.

Damn it, I'm gonna cry again!

'D-da-' I stuttered half of his name as the first of many tears fell from my eyes. I slowly walked towards him, my hands clasped firmly over my quivering mouth.

'Dad!' I cried as I ran into his open arms. Not being able to hold back the emotions any longer, I quietly sobbed into his fatherly embrace.

'You called me dad. In the nine or ten years I've known you, you've never called me dad.' His voice was hushed but there was genuine shock in his tone.

Glancing up at him I shyly smiled, noticing the happy tears swelling up in his eyes.

'Well it's your real name now isn't it.' I replied simply while squeezing my arms around his body.

'Awww' Tooth commented, purposely interrupting to gain our attention.

Cupid released me from our hug and kissed me gently on the forehead.

'Love ya.' I said while giggling and grinning widely at him.

'Oh, umm I want to ask if Jessica is a supernatural too? You're her fatha so I would assume she would be somethin in between human and supernatural. Right?' I asked while returning to Jack who was still standing on the other side of the room, waiting for me to come back to his side.

I'm curious about whether Jessica has some strange Cupid powers or something. Her last name is Valentine after all.

'Yes, Jessica is currently a supernatural and will one day work with me and my other angels. That's if she wants to of course. I'm not going to make her do something that she doesn't want to do. But she has wings, like me so I assume she probably will end up joining me.

Oh and the reason she doesn't appear to have wings or powers over love and people's hearts is because your mother and I chose to use one of my many potions to make her appearance more human.

Amy wasn't sure about letting her keep her wings and risk other people including the S.C.R.O finding her, especially after what happened to you when you were younger. We both didn't want Jess to have them and need to hide a huge part of herself from people she met. We wanted her to have an amazing normal childhood, so when she's old enough to understand who I am, what she is and what she can do, we will return her gift back to her.

The potion I used on her is the exact one I use to hide my wings and powers when I come down to see you guys during the year. It's harmless and fully reversible. Also by doing this it keeps the S.C.R.O from dropping in and inspecting the living conditions and surveying how she's being treated. They are such a pain in the backside sometimes. Even with my approval to be a "private" personal carer, they still insisted on putting Jess into a school at one of their camps. Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen.' Cupid explained while crossing his arms and rolling his eyes at the last part.

'So is it Dan or Cupid?' I asked politely while raising an eyebrow at him.

'Dan was my childhood name before I changed it to Cupid. It was sentimental to me so I made it my middle name.'

'So it's Cupid Dan Valentine?' I asked to be sure.

'Yep, but please do call me dad. If you want.' Cupid requested.

'Sorry to interrupt you two, but the other invited guests will be arriving presently. I would recommend for the duration of this party that you two refrain from calling each other as family. Technically the guardian rules are still in place and won't be officially announced changed untill Romanna takes oath later tonight.' North said while sighing something a yeti handed him.

'Oh yeah of course, I would hate to ruin Cupid's reputation by giving away the fact he has children.' I joked while rolling my eyes at him.

A/N

I am slightly confused on what to call Cupid when in Romanna's POV. Is it Dan, Cupid or Dad?

Dan is Cupid's middle name, so I think I will end up not often using his name Dan or Dad often and try to keep him more as the important guardian Cupid Valentine. Even when it's in Romanna's POV. Unless it involves Jessica, she of course will call him dad.

Who liked Cupid's dad scene and Romanna's explosive powers in the beginning? And let's say the S.C.R.O is a real pain, seriously they're good and not good at the same time.

Thank you sooo much for reading and voting!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 83 11
You have heard of the guardians which contains North (aka. Santa Claus), Sandy (aka. Sandman), Tooth (aka. Tooth Fairy), Bunny (aka. Easter Bunny), a...
15.3K 349 64
A Rise of the Guardians/Frozen Fanfiction He was the only friend she'd ever had. She was the first one to see him. And then he was gone. Five year...
9.8K 302 13
How did it happen? ~He met you by chance one night, and no matter how hard you try, you can't escape him. Even though you say you don't really belie...
407 35 16
We know the Guardians. Nicholas St. North, the Spirit of Christmas known as Santa Clause; E. Aster Bunnymund, the Spirit of Easter known as the Easte...