THE TRUTH HURTS ✔

נכתב על ידי Memorizedsightings

Gray/Lee Sunghwa tries his best to accept the fact that things will never be the same with his best friend. ... עוד

sᴛᴏʀʏ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ (ᴇɴᴅ)

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

90 16 3
נכתב על ידי Memorizedsightings

"So, Ms. King..., " The psychiatrist ruffled through her papers before glancing up to look at the patient that was sitting on the black couch across from her. "I've read the report on you and understand why you're secluded yourself in your feelings. But after everything, after being here for some time now, are you ready to talk?"

The young woman sighed. She rubbed her nervous hands roughly together as she took in another deep breath before she exhaled.

She told herself that she could do this. She needed to do this. Not only for herself but for the people that she loved.

Her constant outburst was causing those that loved her to drift away. Mainly Gray.

Their relationship was already rocky after the death of her sister, Lia.

She thought back after waking up from an induced coma to learn that her sister passed away.

The baby that carried was gone too. That Leigh would never see her twin, her best friend again all because of her being jealous of her relationship with Gray.

She went into a fit of rage because of it.

Not wanting to have anything to do with anyone who tried to comfort her.

Leigh blamed herself for everything even though others tried to state that it wasn't.

But to Leigh, it was. If she had just been the better person, the better sister none of this would have happened.

Lia wouldn't be laying in the morgue, being prepared for her final resting place.

It was even to the point that Leigh didn't even want to go to the funeral.

Physically and mentally, she didn't have the strength.

Weeks passed with Leigh staying cooped up in the apartment, secluding herself from the real world.

No one could get through to her. Leigh was alone.

Lia, her sister was joining their parents who had left the twin sisters when they were eighteen.

They had to learn to fend for themselves. Leigh who was the oldest out of the two, worked the hardest while Lia continued to go to school.

At least one of us should continue with our education, Leigh remembered telling Lia who also wanted to work as well.

However, Leigh wouldn't let her, Leigh being more street smart and Lia was the academic twin out of the two.

Lia compiled, going to college and Leigh landed an after-hour cleaning job at the record company when she ended up meeting Gray.

Well, sort of.

She was just doing labor work, only cleaning up the studios when she heard Gray in one of the studios singing.

She didn't want to interrupt him but Leigh didn't want to get in trouble with her boss because she didn't complete her job.

Leigh quietly waited, and sat comfortably on the black leather couch until Gray was done.

As she did, Leigh listened to Gray's soulful voice. It was soothing as she allowed the music to flow into her ears.

She was in a deep trance that she didn't even know that Gray had stepped out of the recording booth and he was staring at the strange woman.

Leigh opened her brown eyes to see another set of brown eyes glaring back at her.

She jumped, startled that she wasn't the first to introduce herself and explain why she was there.

Gray stepped back, chuckling softly to himself as he sat down in one of the chairs by the recording equipment.

"Uh, excuse me," Leigh wiped her hands and hurried to do her job.

Gray confirmed that it was fine as he hummed a response, resuming what he was concentrated on before.

Leigh went into the recording booth, cleaning up and not realizing that she was humming Gray's song and that he had kept the mic on.

Her humming changed to her singing Gray's song as he kept editing and changing parts of his song.

Neither one knew what was happening.

Soon, Leigh was done and left, bowing goodbye as she left Gray to himself and finished her work.

The next day, Leigh returned to the work. The same old routine as before.

She slipped on her work vest when her boss entered the locker room. "Leigh?" She called out, asking for her.

Leigh turned around, adjusting her vest to see her boss. "Yes?"

The woman stepped into the locker room, a stoic look on her face, making it hard for Leigh to read what she was about to say.

"What happened last night?" She asked Leigh.

Leigh confused, tilted her head. "Just did what I normally do, Ms. Hu, " she answered.

Ms. Hu stared at Leigh as if Leigh didn't have a clue what she was talking about.

"Were you not in one of the studios last night?"

Leigh thought back. Yeah, she was but she didn't think she did anything wrong or did she.

Ms. Hu could see how clueless Leigh was. "Come with me, " Ms. Hu ordered after seeing that this conversation wasn't going anywhere.

Leigh bowed, following as she walked down the same hall as she always did for work.

She continued to follow Ms. Hu until they arrived at the same studio from last night.

Ms. Hu knocked and then opened the door. She wanted Leigh to step in first then she came in, closing the door for privacy.

Inside the studio, Gray and Jay were waiting to see the person who matched the voice on the recording.

Their faces couldn't be read as Leigh stood nervously wondering what was this about.

In time, Leigh turned around, hitting the play button.

Before they knew it, Leigh's voice rang through as she sang Leigh's song.

"That's you right?" Gray asked.

Leigh wasn't too sure. She has never heard her voice like that before so she couldn't confirm nor deny that it was.

Leigh sighed as he turned off the recording.

He was so tired after spending so much time in the studio that he assumed that his mind could be playing tricks on him.

Leigh said nothing as she was in the process of leaving the studio when Jay called out to her.

"Do you remember the lyrics from yesterday, Ms. King?"

Leigh halted to recap the lyrics to the song. She thought hard until she was humming and before knowing that she was singing the song.

All eyes lit up as she continued to sing until the very end.

Leigh opened her eyes, seeing three sets of eyes staring at her with amazement.

It was quiet until Leigh hopped up from his hair, clapping his hands together. "Yo, we gotta sign her, " he told Jay.

And, soon Leigh and Lia's life changed. No more living in a small, cramped studio apartment.

A night-scale apartment to a condo. Things were looking up for them.

Leigh was touring and performing in different countries and Lia was her manager.

Leigh even performed together with Gray on the song when they first heard her voice.

He stated that he knew he was missing something in that song and figured out that it needed a woman's voice to counteract his.

Their song blew up, chatting charts all over the world.

They were a match made in heaven.

Their relationship is on mutual grounds but sometimes it doesn't last that way forever.

Leigh's feelings were blooming but she didn't know how Gray felt about her.

Privately Leigh approached Gray as he was preparing to go on after Jung Ki-suck/Simon D just completed his number.

"Normally, I'm not the type to be upfront about things, especially my feelings but I was wanting to know if we can go out sometimes, " Leigh said. "On a personal level instead, I mean."

Gray stood still for a moment. Shocked that someone was expressing their feelings to him.

"Leigh, well, you see, I'm seeing someone. No hard feelings, right?" Gray wondered as he placed a friendly gesture of his hand on Leigh's shoulder.

Leigh's heart broke into a million pieces inside. She took deep breaths as she forced a smile to show on her face.

"Uh, yeah, everything is good between us, " she said. "Go, you're fans are waiting for you. "

Gray smiled as he patted Leigh's shoulder again before rushing off, with no clue that Leigh was hurting on the inside.

Dumped by her first crush to only learned later on that Gray and her sister were in a secret relationship.

A secret relationship that will end the life of one.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

15.5K 861 35
This is a story of a boy who never found happiness ........ A naive boy working for his agency who is apparently paying for his mother's hospital exp...
4.7K 273 23
"Remembering hurts. But do you know what hurts more? Forgetting." 𝘞𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘈�...
71.7K 2.7K 54
Lim (Y/N) only wants three things in her life - befriend a cat, become a fashion designer, and to get noticed by her long time crush - Lee Minho. One...
557K 18.8K 99
ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ᴇɴᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴘᴀʀᴛ вooĸ one: нoѕeoĸ'ѕ ѕecreт cнιld (c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ) вooĸ тwo: υѕ agaιnѕт тнe wor...