BTS Eighth Member | The Life:...

By Canadia1001

This is year 2014 of my slow-burn, detailed story of Y/N as the eighth member of BTS. The story is as realis... More

Introduction
Chapter 1- Thank You 2013
Chapter 2- No Time for Goodbyes
Chapter 3- ISAC 2014 Part 1
Chapter 4- ISAC 2014 Part 2
Chapter 5- Act Like It
Chapter 6- Boy In Luv MV Recording
Chapter 7- Beatle's Code Recording
Chapter 8- After School Club (Boy In Luv)
Chapter 9- 1st Fanmeeting Muster
Chapter 10- Weekly Idol (Just One Day)
Chapter 11- American Hustle Life: Departure
Chapter 12- American Hustle Life: The First Day
Chapter 13- American Hustle Life: Coolio
Chapter 14- Deepening Friendship
Chapter 15- American Hustle Life: Respect
Chapter 16- Be Crazy
Chapter 17- American Hustle Life: Unapologetic
Chapter 18- American Hustle Life: Not Alone
Chapter 19- American Hustle Life: Laundry
Chapter 20- American Hustle Life: Warren G
Chapter 21- American Hustle Life: Iris Stevenson
Chapter 22- American Hustle Life: Self Evaluation
Chapter 23: American Hustle Life: The Hangar Part 1
Chapter 24- American Hustle Life: The Hangar Part 2
Chapter 25- American Hustle Life: Flyers
Chapter 26- American Hustle Life: The Finale
Chapter 26- Blushing
Chapter 28- Berlin
Chapter 29- Emotionally Drained
Chapter 30- I Love You?
Chapter 31- G-Dragon
Chapter 32- Am I Worth It?
Chapter 33- Dark and Wild Showcase
Chapter 34- Text Back
Chapter 35- B-Free
Chapter 36- The First Night
Chapter 37- Please
Chapter 38- Is This It Then?
Chapter 39- Hello Counselor
Chapter 40- Catching Up
Chapter 41- Hello Darkness
Chapter 42- So Damn Tired
Chapter 43- Taking A Break
Chapter 44- Wipe That Smirk Off
Chapter 45- Stitches
Chapter 46- Remember That
Chapter 47- Family Dinner
Chapter 48- Red Bullet Tour Begins
Chapter 49- Family Reunion
Chapter 50- Raincheck
Chapter 51- Runs In The Family
Chapter 52- Guilt
Chapter 53- Found Out
Chapter 54- It's For The Best
Chapter 55- Don't Want To Move On
Chapter 56- MAMA 2014
Chapter 57- Shine On Your Own
Chapter 58- Supported
Chapter 59- Males Only
Chapter 60- Deal With It on My Own
Chapter 61- Dealing
Chapter 62- Jolly Christmas?
Chapter 63- Don't Regret It
Chapter 65- Meeting Audrey
Chapter 66- Not Even In The Friendzone
Chapter 67- B.S.
Chapter 68- Deep Talks
Year 2015 Is Published

Chapter 64- KBS Gayo Daechukje

228 12 0
By Canadia1001

26th of December 2014:

We were back in our dressing room looking at the video of our rehearsal when we hear Namjoon coming back, with none other than San E.

"You're a pretty good rapper, man," San E says.

"Thanks, it's a real honour to be complimented by you," Namjoon responds politely.

"Want to introduce me to your group?" San E asks suggestively.

"Uh... I'm not sure they're presentable," Namjoon responds awkwardly, "I'll introduce you later for sure".

"I'll keep you to that promise!" San E laughs and I'm assuming he left since Namjoon walked in.

"How was your rehearsal?" Yoongi asks once he sees Namjoon.

"It was good," Namjoon smiles, "Soyu is so sweet and made it really comfortable".

"She's so amazing," Taehyung says, all lovey eyes.

"I feel like the wrong person got chosen to perform with her," I chuckle.

---------------------------------------------

We had left the venue to get our hair and makeup done for the red carpet. We had also changed into our red-carpet outfits. For the boys, it was nice, patterned suits and/or jackets. For me, it was a short black dress with long sleeves and heeled black boots. The bottom of the dress was padded to match the boys' suits, so we looked cohesive. However, unlike the boys, I didn't have any coat or blazer which meant I was freezing on the carpet.

We were next up, so we had left the warmth of the lobby area and were waiting outside for our turn. I was jumping around trying to stay warm.

"Here," Taehyung grabs my arm to stop me from moving and puts his big coat around me.

"Thanks," I shiver, "it's so fricken cold".

Taehyung frowns and puts me in an extra big hug.

"Warmer?" he asks.

"Very," I smile warmly, "thanks oppa".

We hear the MC call our name and I hurriedly give Taehyung his jacket back. I grabbed my sleeves to try and stretch them to cover my hands as I waved to the crowd of photographers. I couldn't help but rub my legs together to try and get any type of warmth. I feel Seokjin and Yoongi stand a little closer than they usually did, probably to try and keep me warmer.

Our time is up, and we walk, or jog in my case, off the carpet to go back to our dressing room. We're met in the lobby by our managers and Yoona quickly gives me a padded jacket to put on.

"I have some words to say to the person that decided to put me in a dress," I mutter, still shivering.

We get to the changing room, and I go behind the wall divider to change into our outfit for our first performance, Danger. I put on black, short shorts, a white blouse, and a blazer with the same pattern as the boys' suits. I then slip on small, black, block-heeled shoes.

45 minutes later, Jimin and Jungkook are starting our performance. Hoseok then breakdances and then we're all dancing together to Danger. As the performance went on, I felt my left shoulder, the one that had dislocated, get stiffer and stiffer with every use. I extend my arm out for the final pose and quick searing pain flows through my shoulder. I wince, but successfully turn it into an intense look.

The lights go black, and we rush off the stage so the next performers could get prepared on stage. We give our mics back and I start rotating my shoulder trying to loosen it a bit. However, every time I brought it up, the pain kept coming back. We get to the dressing room and the boys start talking about the performance. I only half listen, trying to figure out what was wrong with my shoulder instead.

"You ok?" Namjoon asks, noticing me playing with my shoulder.

"It's just really stiff," I answer, wincing as I brought it up.

"Y/N, are you hurt?" Sejin asks, having overheard my conversation with Namjoon.

"I think I'll be fine," I answer, "I think it just got really stiff because of the cold".

"I'll get some hand warmers to put on it," Sejin says, going into one of the bags and hands me a couple of pouches.

I get to sit trying to relax my shoulder for 5 minutes before the stylist asks me to go change. I take the outfit and go back behind the divider. This time I was wearing frayed black denim shorts, a long red sweater with red lines on the sleeves and the bottom that nearly covered my shorts, and black converses. Thank God for the converses. Stylists then put up my hair in a high-side ponytail.

When they had finished with me, I join Jimin, Jungkook, and Seokjin that had already changed and were practicing for our next performance. There were a lot of sudden arm raising and clapping in this dance and my shoulder was not liking it.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Jimin asks as he studied Jungkook, Seokjin, and I's dancing, "you seem to be hesitant?"

"I don't think so," I finally give in, having come to the conclusion my shoulder wasn't going to get better, "every time I extend my left shoulder it hurts..."

"What happened?" Seokjin asks, assessing my shoulder.

"I don't know," I answer, just as confused, "a dance move in Danger must have upset it".

Sejin, who had been listening to our conversation, steps in.

"Y/N, just relax for now," he says, guiding me to the couch so I didn't have any choice, "let's try not to aggravate it some more".

---------------------------------------------

I get through the Happy performance well enough given how much my shoulder was bothering me. There was one performance between our next, and last, the performance of the night so we had a chance to catch our breaths. Yoona quickly came over, handed me a water bottle, and stretched the collar of my sweater so she could see my shoulder.

"How does it look?" I ask, knowing it wouldn't be good.

"Um... well... it's quite swollen," Yoona answers, letting go of my collar, "does it hurt a lot?"

"Yes," I answer honestly, "but I have to finish today, we just have one performance left".

"You're going straight to the hospital after though," Yoona says seriously.

"Yes ma'am," I respond chuckling.

"You're so weird," she laughs, "how are you smiling right now".

"Smiling through pain makes it better," I lie, smiling reassuringly.

"Yeah sure," Jungkook mutters next to me.

"You'd be doing the same if you were me," I say to him.

"I know," he answers, "that's why I haven't said anything".

"BTS! Standby please!" the producer shouts.

We start the performance, and the pain just gets worse. At one point we had to do a type of train dance where we hold on to each of our shoulders, but I felt Taehyung only float his hand over my left shoulder, not trying to apply any unnecessary pressure. In the final movement, which was done with VIXX who had joined us, I throw my left arm in the air along with everyone else, but unlike them, I hear a faint noise coming from mine and feel a sharp pain. I gasp slightly and Seokjin who was beside me glances at me worried.

We rush off stage so VIXX could finish off the performances. I couldn't move my shoulder; I was pretty sure I had dislocated it again.

"I can't move my shoulder," I answer through gritted teeth trying to talk through the pain.

"I heard a noise, even through my in-ear," Seokjin says worriedly.

"Okay, let's get you to the hospital," Yoona says, gently guiding me past everyone.

"Wait, I have to give back the mic and in-ears," I stop in my tracks.

Yoona helps me remove the in-ears and their boxes and hands them to a nearby staff.

"You know what," Yoona says thinking, "wait here, I'll go get your bag and coat and be right back. The exit is nearer here so you won't have to move as much".

She then speeds off to go get my stuff.

"You shouldn't have done that last movement if your arm hurt," Hoseok comes over reprimanding me worried.

"Don't get at her now," Yoongi steps in, "it's done now".

"Good job BTS!" I hear someone shout and see Baekhyun, Chen, Jongin, and Suho hugging Jimin, Seokjin, and Namjoon.

"Why the long faces? That was a killer performance," Chen asks confused.

The members all throw me subtle glances before putting smiles on their faces. The EXO members weren't stupid and realised what was happening.

"Is it bad?" Suho asks seriously.

"We think she dislocated her shoulder again," Namjoon reveals.

"Not again..." I heard Jongin say quietly.

"Don't worry," Jimin pats him on the shoulder, "we're taking good care of her. She'll be fine".

Jongin looks over at me again. I mouth "I'll be fine", finishing with a small smile before Yoona shows up and whisks me off to a van to go to the hospital.

-------------------------------------

Our assumptions were right, I had once again dislocated my shoulder. They had painfully placed it back and given me a sling this time given I didn't have a performance to do, and I was now in a hospital.

"So, like last time, it's going to take a few hours for the swelling to go down and a few days for the bruising to go away," the doctor explains to Yoona and me, "no exercise and don't do anything to overexert yourself for the next couple days".

I frown and think of the performances we still had to perform before the end of the year. Last time I didn't really rest, and I was fine, they were just being dramatic.

"Yes, thank you, doctor," Yoona bows, followed by me as the doctor left.

"You're going to let me perform right?" I ask her as soon as the doctor was out of earshot, "last time I did, and I was fine".

"We'll see," she sighs, starting to walk towards the exit, "the managers will have to have a meeting".

"Well, you should tell them I'm of the opinion I should be allowed to perform," I inform her.

"Oh, they know," she looks at me, cracking a small, "God you're such a firecracker... what are we going to do with you?"

"You're such a mom," I roll my eyes.

"Sue me," she laughs and gently side-hugs me as we walk out of the hospital.

~1750 words~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 3.2K 49
Y/n and JungKook have been a couple for ages what happens when Y/n is debuted as the 8th member of BTS ? Let's see how her journey goes! *+*+*+/ Hey...
2.9K 98 9
"Jimin!?" "Y/n!" "Y-You can talk?" "Yes." A story in which a human named y/n falls in love with a merman without y/n knowing it. This story is insp...
44.2K 1K 64
Fanfiction it's my first ever story that i would be making so please bear with me. Everything that i will write is based on my imagination alone and...
968K 19.6K 59
𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐘/𝐍 - 𝐁𝐓𝐒 8𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 [ ] "The shining starlight in the deepest night" Join Shin Y/N, also known as The Diamond Maknae, in her...