The Wrong Address | COMPLETED

By Axela_16

A boy mailing a Suicide Letter to his mom, accidentally sends it to her neighbors. Which causes the upbeat As... More

| Important |
01- The Letter Arrives
02. The Letter is Read
03. Journey To Strenderville
04. Stranger To The Rescue
05. A Stranger To Confide In
06. Goodbye For Now
07. The Raid
08. Texting, Calling
09. When Friends Fight
10. Raid Day
11. Headlines
13. The Price of Principle
14. The Barbeque Begins
15. Plot Twist
16. Thank You
17. Brother's Advice
18. Party & Penelope
19. 16 Missed Calls
20. A Huge Risk
21. A Surprise
22. A small world
23. A Fair Fight
24. The Game
25. The Results of the Game
26. Haunted
27. His Distance
28. The Big Brawl
29. For You I Will
30. Finally Over
31. Graduation
32. Prom Night
33. The Right Thing
34. Good News, Bad News
35. Closure
♥ Epilogue ♥
♥ Author's Note ♥

12. Headlines pt2

1.9K 135 6
By Axela_16

Ashlin

I rolled over to get more comfortable, only to hear my name being whisper yelled. Opening my eyes slightly, I found the interrupter of my sleep to be Liz. I looked around in confusion, wondering why she was in my room. Then it all came back to me, as my vision became sharp and the grey walls greeted me. I was at the nurse's office, however I was still puzzled on why she was here.

We hadn't spoken to each other since our argument.

"I came for some tea and the nurse said to wake you up"  she explained, probably seeing the bewilderment bare on my face.

"Oh" I replied groggily, easing up from the bed and scratching my head.

I guess the three hours had pass and now I had to leave. At least my head wasn't hurting anymore. Infact I was feeling like I could get through the rest of the day perfectly fine.

"Also... there's something you should see" She continued, as nervousness took over her features.

At the raise of my brows, she slid her phone over to me. I gave her an uneasy smile as I didn't know what to expect. So when my eyes rested on the article on the screen...I froze.

There I was on the cover, being embraced by Zion. As I scrolled down, I came upon another picture. This time I was being held by the guy that asked me for directions. At first I was just bewildered. So I scrolled back up to the top to read the Headline.

"St.Valdire's Ashlin King Scores Touchdown with Promising Football Stars Zion and Gabe"

"What in the world is this shit?" I asked, not realizing I asked out loud.

"It seems you gained the wrong kind of attention" Liz commented and I rolled my eyes.

"You should read the whole thing" Liz advised, so I did... curious to see what was going on.

It seems there was only Jackpots at the recent Raid for St. Valdire's Ashlin King. As Cidshore High's most promising athletes have taken a liking to her. She was first spotted with Cidshore's team Captain being held possessively as the Raid was in it's early stage. Then minutes later she was photographed with the Heartthrob himself Zion Atkins, in a very scandalous embrace. Reports say  the pair were later seen staring at each other before a teammate interrupted, telling Atkins to get his head in the game. It seems a new romance might be budding. As it seems Miss King has left her mark on Gabe Elliott and her charm on Mr Atkins. However only time will tell.
Click the link below for more on the Raid.

My jaw literally dropped at the way the article portrayed the situation. They got everything wrong, from the possessive embrace to the budding romance. It was so funny how people could take something so innocent and turn it into drama. Now I was probably hated by half of Gabe and Zion's fans because of baseless rumors.

Finally realizing my mouth was wide open, I handed the phone back to Liz. Then closed my mouth and cleared my throat. I could only imagine how Zion must be taking it. He never seemed like the type to like this kind of drama and I'd known him for about 4 weeks or less.

"Are you ok?" Liz asked, placing her hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"To be honest, I'm not sure, I've never been a headliner before" I answered, adding an awkward chuckle at the end.

"Is anything in that article even true?" She questioned, squeezing my shoulder to urge me on.

"No, nothing at all" I replied, my voice small but confident.

"Well, It doesn't matter then. You know your truth so just ignore the whispers and looks. There'll be alot coming your way for a while" she advised and I looked her straight in the face to ask my next question.

"What do you mean by whispers and looks?"

She sighed heavily before letting me know that the article was now the talk of the entire school. Apparently Zion and Gabe were super popular. To the point where it was a huge deal to know them personally. Which was funny because I knew nothing about Gabe and I just met Zion not too long ago.

After bidding the nurse farewell, I made my way to the cafeteria with Liz. Lunch period had ended not too long so the room was messy but almost empty. Which to me was good, considering Liz's heads up about the looks and whispers.

"Hey Ash, I'm sorry about the other day. I just hate being confronted." Elizabeth suddenly let out, causing my eyes to widen.

She apologized!

"No, I shouldn't have done it so publicly. I was so worried Liz, still am because you barely eat and you've lost so much weight. I just want you to open up so I can help" I replied, on the verge of tears because the topic was super sensitive.

She gave me a smile and a nod, which I took as a promise to be more open from now on.

"I love you Liz" I reminded her, tears pricking at the brim of my eyes.

"I love you too" she assured as she pulled me into a tight hug and just like that we were good.

We settled on salad for our lunch and then made it to our individual class. Mine was Spanish and that was bad enough in itself but the looks I got went I made it into the classroom was  worse. Not to mention the whispering, now that was the absolute worst.

"Senorita King, ¿Como see dice I love you en Espanol?" Our teacher Senorita Gonzales asked.

We were almost at the end of the lesson and she picked me to say I Love You in Spanish. It was a pretty easy one but I just didn't want the attention on me. As there was already enough coming my way. Yet I answered anyways.

"Te amo"

"Awesome, that is indeed correct" she praised before moving on to her next victim.

I sneakily pulled out my phone to check for messages but I was interrupted by some girls to my left.

"It's always the ugly uninteresting ones that get lucky" the one in the brown sweater started, completely unaware of my eavesdropping.

"Tell me about it, like I can understand Gabe but Zion...she must have cast a spell on that one." Another added, causing the others to agree with little laughs.

I rolled my eyes at their words. As it was obvious they were talking about me. I mean it was sad to see girls feeling bitter over a small post, especially when I knew it was all bogus. If only they knew I didn't steal the country's heartthrob. Infact I was more interesting in saving him from his own self.

Before I could check my phone, the bell rung. Signalling the end of Spanish and the start of last period which was P.E. I quickly gathered my belongings and made my way to the gym. Slipping my phone in my bag on the way.

As I was about to enter the huge white and lavender room, I bumped into a pair of girls. It was Gabriana and Elizabeth. I had somehow forgotten we had P.E together.

"Omg Ash, have you seen the headlines! " Gabriana whisper yelled, causing me to look at her in confusion.

Let's just say she wasn't always like this, just on random occasions.

"Um yeahhh" I answered awkwardly, already over the whole thing.

"Oh, ok" she replied, her voice back to normal as she observed my facial expressions.

"What about the gym? Have you seen what those Cidshore Footballers did to the place?" She asked again, as Liz stepped into the gym to see what she was talking about.

"No but I guess I'm about to find out" I answered, following after Liz with Gabriana at my side.

I literally gasped when the whole gym came into view.It was an absolute mess. The place had different colors of paint splashed over the once squeaky clean walls. The benches had graffiti on them and the floor was flooded with slime. It was horrendous but I still found it all so  interesting to take in.

It seemed the Cleaners, Janitors etc got everywhere except the gym. As the classrooms were clean and so we're the halls. You'd have thought there was never a Raid but the gym was all the evidence needed. There was no way we could have P.E here with all the slime. Unless the school wanted us to break a few joints.

"Alright girls, Class is on the field today! Hurry up and get changed. I'll be waiting" Coach Francis instructed, as we maneuvered our way to the changing rooms.

By the end of the school day rolled around, I was beat. I was extremely tired but I knew I had to get to work. I needed all the shifts I could get if I wanted to buy a car before moving to university.

Although I already knew if I didn't save enough, my parents would be happy to help. I just wanted to be independent. To just pay for my own stuff without adding pressure to them.

They'd need that money to spoil their grandchildren anyway. One was already on the way due to Ryan impregnating Gabriella. Plus I was planning to have three or more once I got my Master's and my dream job.

So it would be best they protected the money for my children to have and enjoy.

I was standing in the parking lot, looking for Elizabeth but the girl was nowhere to be found. She must have left already which was weird as she hadn't given me a heads-up. We literally just had P.E together.

In the distance I caught Jake and Jacob making their way over to me.  Jacob was in the lead as Jake was taking his little time. Yet, I sighed at that, at least I could ask Jacob to take me. He had a car and a kind heart. I was certain he'd say yes.

"We've been looking all over for you" Jacob spoke as he gave me a side hug, finally standing before me.

"We thought you fell off the face of the earth or some shit" Jake added sarcastically and I elbowed him.

They were always overprotective of me, so it was no surprise they noticed I missed a few hours of classes.

" I had to go to the sick bay" I informed them, still seeing if I could spot Liz.

"Oh, well I'm glad you feel better butt face because I need to know everything" Jacob spoke, his hand now folded as he waited for the details.

"Give me a ride to work and I'll explain"I agreed but named my price.

"I mean Liz did tell me to do that so it's a deal I guess" he answered in amusement.

Jake on the other hand looked anything but amused. He was observing me intently and I wished I was a mind reader in that moment. God only knows what was going on in that boy's brain.

"Where's Liz now?" I asked Jacob as we made our way to his shiny BMW.

"Let's just say she had an emergency" Jake answered, finally rejoining the conversation.

"An emergency!" I exclaimed, stopping to give them incredulous looks.

"He's just being dramatic, she had a doctor's appointment today. So she couldn't drop you." Jacob clarified allowing my heart to beat calmly again.

Turning to Jake, I threw him a glare which he responded to with a air kiss.

What an ass!

"Y'all are no fun" he murmured and I rolled my eyes for the thousandth time that day.

Ok maybe not a thousand but you get my point.

As soon as I sat shot gun and got buckled up. We were off and I began to clear my name once again over the stupid article. Yet unlike Liz, Jacob didn't buy it.

"So you mean to tell me, you ran off to Strenderville, didn't tell us why you went. Then two athletes from that area show up at our school for a Raid, you get caught in a scandalous spot with them out of all the girls in our school and you say the article was all a misunderstanding?" Jacob asked all in one breath.

I mean when he put it like that it did sound sus but I was telling the truth.

"Yes Jacob, that's what I'm saying" I answered.

"Bullshit Ash, that's bullshit" he spoke, shaking his head at my words.

"I mean it does seem sus Ash but if you say it's a misunderstanding, I believe you" Jake spoke up, coming to my rescue.

"I appreciate that Jake because I'm telling the truth" I replied in gratitude.

Yet a snort from Jacob made me flop back in my seat and pout.

He wasn't going to let this up.

Heyyyy Guys! Guess who updated early? Yup it was me! My aim is to get three more chapters up this week. So keep and eye out for chapters 13-15!
Remember to vote to show your support and comment because I want to hear your thoughts.
See ya in the next bit ✨
~Axela;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 78.8K 53
After an incident three months ago and her parent's divorce, Reina Caverly finds a way to cope: cutting herself. Her mother's a workaholic, her siste...
94 0 24
Adam Hixx is a cool guy. In a small Louisiana town like his, being a Christian, straight, brash delinquent with a douchebag crony and a hot girlfrien...
37.3K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
The End By Laura

General Fiction

83 7 22
Just like any other sixteen year old, high school has it's problem but for Tullah, her problems don't begin and end at school instead they started an...