The Spirit of Termination: (A...

By Elementorsl

Across infinite timelines, one shows the result of an arrival to a world that leads to a chain of events that... More

Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: A new beginning
Chapter 2: The Awakening
Chapter 3: The Reality of the Situation
Chapter 4: Tengu city
Chapter 5: Preparations for the worst
Chapter 6: Eye Before the storm
Chapter 7: The Clash in the sky
Chapter 8: A diverging timeline
Chapter 9: Aftereffects
Chapter 10: Faces Unforgotten
Interlude: Diabolus Ex Nihilo
Interlude: Humanity's Lost Hope
Chapter 11: Ambush
Chapter 12: Crimson Nightmare
Chapter 13: Ritsuka Fujimaru
Chapter 14: Lost in Time and Space
Chapter 15: Heart of Vengeance
Chapter 16: The Unhinged Monarch of Malkuth
Chapter 17: The fallen monarch of Lilith
Interlude: Beast I
Chapter 18: The Villain I am
Chapter 19: The Shining sword of destruction
Chapter 20: The Pitful Jester
Chapter 21: A Darkened Light and A Brightened Shadow
Interlude: The Spirit of Origin
Chapter 22: Before the Grand Order
Chapter 23: The threat of Y/N L/N
Interlude: "Bio"
Chapter 24: Butterfly effect
Chapter 25: The first of many battles
Interlude: Kotori Itsuka
Chapter 26: Descent into Madness (Beginning stage)
Interlude: Singularity F
Chapter 28: Descent into Madness (Tertiary Stage)
Chapter 29: Descent into Madness (Final stage)
Chapter 30: The Beast Unleashed
Fic Cancellation

Chapter 27: Descent into Madness (Second Stage)

366 18 0
By Elementorsl

...

"Kurumi and Ren... What is your business with me?" Elias spoke in an annoyed manner, combined with a glare at the two spirits. Now was not the best time to disturb him, as he just finished mourning his friend. He was also still mad that Ren decided to leave him while he was in a coma from the battle with the Spirit of Origin.

"Ara ara, you know my name already." Kurumi spoke. Elias remembered that the Kurumi he met months earlier might not be her, and this meant that someone were spying on him for information.  Her face did not change "Well, I apologise for intruding, I will give my condolences to your friend ." 

"Fine. Just don't disturb me while I am grieving next time. I will let you off and allow you to explain your purposes. " Elias quickly calmed down. He did not want to let his emotions get the better of him, and Kurumi apologized for her . 

"Let me settle down, and we could discuss this over some tea." Elias added.

"Should we join in?" Asked Gudako.

"Just listen in." Elias responded. "It's a more of a personal matter, they specifically asked for me."

...

Everyone soon settled down. Elias sat at the dining table with Kurumi and Ren at the other side.

"So, what are your reasons here?" Elias asked in a calm, but direct voice.

"Fufu. I see that you want to get into business then, even though you mentioned earlier you wanted to have tea." Kurumi responded smug, putting down her cup.

"And we have questions about stuff that we believe you can answer" Kurumi responded to Elias questions.

"I see." Elias responded. "I think we can make an alliance. Now, what are the questions you want me to answer? "

"Around a few months earlier, I confronted a spirit with a similar appearance and powers to me." Kurumi spoke as her smile faded. "She keeps claiming that she is a future version of me, even though I feel no connection to her. When I asked her how, she mentioned your responsibility in doing something."

"You have done something to upset the timeline. There were more time displaced spirits like her littered around the world and are upsetting the organizations associated with them. " Kurumi pointed a finger accusingly at Elias. "Because of this, the activity from certain factions has increased, and are taking raised measures."

"That's right, the amount of these spirits has increased, and I want to know why they resemble the ones from the future." Ren added. "I have a suspicion that you had done something to the timeline the moment you arrived."

Elias seemed to show a moment of surprise on his face. He had assumed that Ren knew what he had done yet had no knowledge of it until now.

Elias had a thought. At this point all his attention was focused on what to respond with, even forgetting that he just finished mourning his friend. Even though he can no doubt kill Kurumi and Ren, that would kill the point of keeping Ren alive, and he wanted to the spirits in this timeline to live a better life, despite making enemies with the spirits from the collapsed timeline.

He felt bad that he had to kill them, considering that regardless of whether Mio gave them the crystal or not, their fates in the original timeline will be still tragic. And now he had given them a worser fate of seeing the boy who fixed their lives disappear from the world.

"I admit it was an aftereffect of one of my actions." Elias admitted. "Let me explain from the beginning."

"So there is this individual named Tobichii Origami" Narrated Elias. "Her parents have been killed by a spirit and she has been obsessed with killing spirits to make sure that no one else suffers the same fate as her." 

Elias takes a breath and looks at the two spirits. Kurumi raised her brow in interest, and Ren continued to look at Elias.

"But what she truly wants is her parents alive, so at some point she becomes a spirit, and asks a future version of you-" as Elias glanced at Kurumi, indicating he was talking about her. "-to send her back in time to find the one responsible for her parents death using <Yud-bet> "

Kurumi frowned that she had some involvement in what Elias had done, despite it being her future self that done it, not her. She was also surprised that Elias knew the abilities of one of the bullets she hasn't even tested out yet.

"When she went back in time, she immediately noticed a spirit and started attacking her; believing that individual was the one responsible for her parents death. But in a twist of irony, her parents were caught in the crossfire by one of beams of light, and were vaporized. She did not find out until her younger self cursed her and swore to kill the spirits. Effectively she set off a loop to doom herself." Elias had tried to condense all of the events into one paragraph, altering perspectives in an attempt to hide Shido and Kotori Itsuka's involvement in the mess that had occurred.

"How pitiful, such a tragedy of her own making." Spoke Kurumi in such a casual tone which hinted that she had little empathy for Origami. "So what is your involvement in this whole mess? Are you the spirit that she attacked?"

"The spirit was Phantom, not me. The events that I recapped were before my intervention. I intervened just as Origami was about to fight Phantom, and supposedly diverted the battle away from her parents. Then I killed her and destroyed the loop." Elias responded. Even though he killed Origami, the only regret he still had was destroying her involvement with Shido, but Elias said to himself that it was for the greater good of the future. 

Kurumi and Ren were unfazed by what Elias spoke. Perhaps it was Origami had no significance in theirs lives, they would only recognize Tobichii O as a girl whose vengeance was of her own making. 

"One foreign variable is all it takes collapse the building of a world. Intriguing." Ren spoke. She was clearly more interested in Elias's involvement than Origami's loop. For some reason, when Elias heard those words, something inside his head had opened. 

The possibility of why Chaldea fell even with a higher percentage of victory against Beast VII, but it was a wild claim. A traitor other than "ywPaz2BDkT9G01z6eJGVe79Y4UFXjnGhe+ZliA69CsE=" wanted the Alien God's victory.   

Even though"ywPaz2BDkT9G01z6eJGVe79Y4UFXjnGhe+ZliA69CsE=" could be double summoned as a foreigner, with the amount of powerful servants they had the Alien God should lose. But someone had sabotaged their victory, and they clearly wanted to do it the last minute. 

"Elias?" Ren Asked. This snapped Elias out of his trance 

"Hmmm? Oh, I apologize. I was just thinking about something..."  

...

The male reader, Y/N L/N hummed. He had just finished eating his dinner, which he cooked for only his harem, excluding the others because he believed they were a nuisance to prepare food for. He was returning to his bedroom, but this was not where he wanted to be. As he arrived, the first thing he did was to open a portal that went to a blank white area 

Y/N had been hiding something, or someone in his "pocket dimension" for months from his "leader" Goetia and everyone else, even his harem. If Goetia and the others ever found out, he would question his loyalty to him, or even kill him for being possession. However, his attention was not on checking on whatever he hid, but rather equipment from his vast armory that he was gifted from god, with weapons that could . 

Goetia had informed him to attack the base that the remnants of Chaldea were staying at and capture them. He was excited for that battle, for which he could finally kill one of the interferences that kept him away from gaining some of his powers and large harem for so long, Elias Cheung. 

Y/N smirked as he picked up a sword that looked intimidating. It was a sword from some Demon Lord that he killed months after the fall of Chaldea. Even though people would mock his weapon, saying it looked fake and plastic, it was a very powerful sword that could tear through reality and could possibly even trump both of the swords that that thief had stolen from him. 

"This battle going to be easy, with all of this treasures that I been given from god" He thought.

...

"So that concludes my contributions to distortion of the timeline." Elias finished his story of the events that had occured ever since his arrival "My goal is to end the remnants of the timeline and try to make peace with those time displaced spirits that contracted with Goetia. But if they won't listen I will have to end them. "

"Ara Ara, that sounds fun." Kurumi smugly responded. "I wonder if you would soon kill all of those poor spirits addicted to avenging that boy."

Not once had Elias mentioned Shido in his conversation, afraid that the two spirits will pursue him and kill him early, so when Elias spoke about Shido, he often referred him as the boy, or "Shinji's reincarnation", to hide the name. He decided he wanted to change the topic, so he decided to ask Ren about the situation months ago that involved the Spirit of Origin.

"So let my ask you a question Ren. Wh- why, Dammit, why did you leave me when I was in a coma?! " Elias knew that he only met Ren only once, but he didn't understand why did Ren not stick around or at least visit him when he was in a comma. His voice suddenly raised, which surprised both of the spirits. 

"Still bitter about that. Well I wanted to understand humanity a bit more rather than hating it all the time. Although I admit I should have visited you when you were still in a comatose state." Ren responded. While Elias does not know the whole story, apparently, like Tohka, Ren is deprived of understanding the world and her emotions.  "The reason I left was because I was afraid my mother would attempt to seal me back into the void, and since you were in a coma I can't recieve proper protection from you friends "

"I understand, I apologize for my outburst. Since I presume you have viewed a portion of the world already, what do you think of it?" Elias asked as he calmed, interested on what Ren's opinion would be on the world.

"While the world is enjoyable with its merits, it is not perfect. I have noticed many flaws, but yet no one knows or acknowledges them. Such a shame, however I have not finished my conclusion of what humanity is and whether or not it should be saved." Ren responded, in an analytical tone.

"I can actually agree with your statement. However if humanity reaches perfection it would lose all means of development and fall into into its destruction. It's theoretical, so I can't say it's true." Elias acknowledged Ren's statement, seeing it is not so different from his. 

...

Time: March 17th 2019

Location: Tengu City, Japan

It was dark starry night, where people who have come out of work to return home to their families or go to a bar to spew their frustrations of society and drown their minds in alcohol. However it was not the case for boy, who hid amongst a rooftop, his long coat allowing him to blend in and not be noticed by those below.

 He could finally find those Chaldeans and capture them, he had to kill if they could harm him. Only one person came to mind for him, and that was that thief of the crystal Elias Cheung.  But Goetia had plans so he had to leave him alive. But that didn't mean he had to be in a pristine condition.

Elias was just another generic faceless master who wouldn't have survived the collapse if it wasn't for his damned magecraft. He wasn't actually a huge issue until he joined the population of masters that refused him a harem nor being a significant character. 

In rage of being he had killed them throughout singularities and lostbelts, often using his methods to make it seem that they betrayed Chaldea or they died at the hands of whatever enemy they had encountered. He continued doing so after joining Goetia, but he could only kill those that rejected Goetia's deal, which frustrated him because he wanted to kill those two bastards and the other males who took some of his potential harem.

As Y/N was about to jump down a few buildings and attempt to find the base, but he noticed airships in the sky approaching... 

...

"We are ready to launch the bandersnatch." reported the captain of the <Armadal>. His ship had been sent along with Adeptus One to "test out" the new realizers they have to capture <Diabolus> and whatever allies he had with them. Ellen Mathers, also known as Adeptus One was confident that her improved gear could this time defeat the "dragon" as the DEM soldiers from the base that the spirit attacked described his latest appearance as.  

"Put them on standby." Ellen spoke. "Unless I need backup, we should be fine"

As Ellen looked down, she noticed a suspicious person looking at them from a rooftop. It was probably a man working for the "dragon". 

"Let me head down there and deal with that man myself. It's probably just a spy for <Diabolus> or Ratatoskr." Ellen hopped off the ship to confront the spy, not realizing that the person had backup hiding in other buildings...

...

"So should we bring Kurumi and Ren along?" Asked Elias. The remnants of Chaldea decided to head to South America to investigate the surge of energy. He had asked Kurumi and Ren if they want to join their group. They agreed, as it would be better to stick in a group rather than leaving them exposed to the battle. 

"We should, since it would be better to bring along people who can fight for us." Olga Marie responded. Her attitude had calmed down, now that she was free from the burdens of her fathers legacy due to the amount of time she spent with Ritsuka, Mash and Elias.

"Great. We should start making preparations for the journey. Some of us should stay behind and look after Gordolf" Despite Elias lack of a strong relationship with the second director of Chaldea, it would be better to show concern rather than neglecting him. "Perhaps Kurumi or some of her clones should stay behind along with Da Vinci and you. While I bring the other-."

Elias stopped speaking, sensing something bad was about to happen. 

"Everyone! Run to the park now! I feel that someone powerful is coming! No time to explain!" He yelled, his attitude changing all of a sudden. He did not want to risk the house nor his friends, so putting out in open field would be the best course of action.

"What?" 

...

"Why?!" Thought Y/N as his potential harem member Ellen Mathers attacked him. "Tcht! I am not ready for her to be in my harem!" 

"Die you spy!" Ellen yelled as she thrust down <Caledfwlch> on the spot where the Male reader once stood. Y/N, being very overpowered used his ultra supersonic speed to move meters away as the blade was inches away from stroking the boys head. 

"Ha! You underestimate my power, my dear Ellen!!!" Y/N taunted Ellen. He of course could kill her but he would rather keep her for harem, unlike Westcott. 

"You're a spirit, just like that freak!" Ellen was angry, another cowardly spirit was challenging her?! And that boy just called her "dear"! She was about to launch herself at the spirit but a hooded figure, presumably another spirit came out of the shadows and tackled he down.

"Even though I would stay here, I have more important business to attend to, one of my future wives for my harem. " Y/N flirted with Ellen, making her blush and get mad as ever. She was not some idiot who would fall easily to his harem, but she had to admit even with the mask on that boy was handsome. 

Wait! Why was she thinking that! 

"How dare-!" She was interrupted as the hooded figure pulled out a scythe to swing at her, forcing her to move her blade to block the strike.  "Adeptus One to Armadal! Chase after that annoying boy you saw me engage!" 

The captain of the <Armadal> complied and the ship began to pursue the male reader as he ran towards the location that his enemies were at. Unfortunately the hooded man and the boy were not the only ones as more spirits leapt up to attack the ship. 

...

"Split up into two. Ritsuka, Olga, Da Vinci go with Goredolf and protect him while you find shelter. Mashu, Kurumi, Ren come with me!" Elias spoke. 

"Wha- I don't understand whats going on." Gudako spoke. 

"Yeah, what was that with "someone powerful"?" Gudao added on. 

Then they noticed a large object in the sky floating in the sky, and beams came out of it, blowing the area up. Soon they made out specks speeding towards the ship and appeared to be attacking.

"I am that "someone powerful". " Spoke a voice that Chaldea has not heard in a long time.  "Oh hello there by the way." 

Everyone turned their head towards a skull masked boy who appeared out of the shadow of a tree. It was a boy in a long coat, covered with armor and a sword sheathed. It seemed to Elias that "Fate from Berserk Gluttony" had appeared out of all people, but Elias knew it wasn't "Fate" from the start, with the voice nor his posture being the obvious reason why. But he knew there was only one person who could pull such an imitation off.

"Y/N L/N" Elias growled as black gas began to form around his body. "We finally meet again you Edgy Emo Fuck" 

Y/Ns lips began to move under his mask, as if a grin of excitement was forming of the coming battle that he wanted so long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 340 14
In the Date a live universe, an average student Named Shido Itsuka had his life wrapped up in the responsibilities of sealing the spirits and gifting...
16.1K 487 9
Watanabe Ryo, a soul who died in a terrible explosion with his friends made a wish to be with them once again. Out of his sheer will, his wish was gr...
11K 221 15
Sever the Fibers of Fate... Wrath Legendary Souls... Greed Wakfu King of Cards... Pride... Sloth Break the Chains of Villainous Fangs... Lust ... Env...
5.8K 299 7
❝𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗿...