Grievous Rose

By SethEaton1

After an accident with his father, (Y/N) runs away and meets Summer Rose, and she takes him in. Soon, he re m... More

Bio
Votes
Runaway
Raven
Beacon
Classes
Cardin
The Stray
Black and White
Investigation
Mech Fight
Sibling Bonding
Masquerade
Missions
Mt Glenn
Runaway Train
The Tournament
A Cold Reunion
Winter
Battle of Beacon
On the Road

Initiation

2.4K 28 63
By SethEaton1

The next morning, the students were all getting ready to start. Y/N was doing a quick maintenance check on his body. He checked his lightsabers, and headed to check on his sisters.

"Anyway, you seem awfully chipper this morning," said Yang.

"Yep," said Ruby, "No more awkward talk or getting to know you stuff. Today, I let my sweet heart do the talking."

Ruby then fawned over her weapon.

"You won't be the only individual in initiation," said Y/N.

"Exactly," said Yang, "You're gonna have to grow up and meet new people and learn to work together."

Ruby then groaned, "Ugh, you both sound like dad! Okay, first of all what does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"

"What about when we form teams?" asked Y/N.

"I don't know," said Ruby, "I'll just be on your team or something..."

Yang then ruffled her hair and said, "Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?"

"My dearest sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me!?"

Weiss was talking with a redhead named Pyrrha.

"So, Pyrrha," asked Weiss, "have you given any thought to whose team you would like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well known individual, such as yourself."

"I'm not quite sure," said Pyrrha, "I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may."

"Well," said Weiss, "I was thinking that maybe we could be on a team together."

"That sounds grand," said Pyrrha.

"Great!" said Weiss. She then turned and looked diabolical, thinking to herself, "This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class. Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now: we'll be popular, we'll be celebrities, we'll get perfect grades! Nothing could come between us now!"

Y/N then looked at Weiss, and made a motion with his hands to Jaune.

"Best advice, stay away from Ice Queen."

"Right," said Jaune.

At the cliff, everyone was waiting to start.

"For years," said Ozpin, "you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

"Now," said Glynda, "I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates...today."

"What?" whined Ruby.

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the person you make first eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

"WHAT!?!" cried Ruby.

"See, I told you," said a Ginger haired girl.

(Y/N) looked forward, and was prepared.

"After you've partnered up," continued Ozpin, "make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die.

"Also, there will be one of you, who will be partnerless. There is an odd number here today, so we had to have do with it. You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair much choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

"Yeah, um, sir--" said Jaune.

"Good," said Ozpin, "Now, take your positions."

Soon, each of the students were launched off, and landed in the forest.

Ruby was running through the forest thinking, "Gotta find Yang! Gotta find Yang! Gotta find Yang!" What if she has partnered with someone else? Well, there is Jaune! He's nice and funny ... but I don't think he would do well in a fight. Oh, there's Blake! She's mysterious and nice. And she likes Books ... But I don't think I'd be able to start a conversation with her. Let's see, there's Yang, Jaune, Blake, (Y/N) and... who else do I know.

Then, in a clearing was the one person she least wanted to partner with: Weiss.

"It's official, God hates me," said Ruby.

Soon, the two were arguing, and it was not looking good.

"It's official, we're lost," said Ruby.

"No we're not. I know exactly where we're going!" said Weiss, "We're.... going to the forest temple!"

"Would you stop acting like you know everything!!!"

"I would if you would stop complaining!!" snapped Weiss.

"STOP TREATING ME LIKE A CHILD!!!" yelled Ruby.

"THEN STOP ACTING LIKE ONE!!!!"

"OR WHAT!?! YOU GONNA STAB ME IN THE STOMACH!?! YOU.... YOU GONNA SLICE OFF MY LIMBS, LEAVE ME FOR DEAD, LIKE YOU DID WITH Y/N!?!"

Weiss' blood went cold the moment she heard Y/N.

"H....H....How did you know about-"

"I doesn't matter," said Ruby, "Let's just find the temple!"

Ruby then stormed off, and Weiss trailed quietly behind her.

Y/N was just slicing through all the Grimm he encountered, and was having a blast!

"THIS IS THE LIFE!!!!"

Soon, he arrived at the temple, and met with Yang and Blake.

"Hey sis. Good to see you."

Just then, the ginger girl came up and picked up one of the chess pieces and chanted "I'm Queen of the Castle. I'm Queen of the Castle!"

"NORA!" cried her friend.

"Coming Ren," replied Nora.

"Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?" asked Blake. 

"Apparently yes," said Y/N

"HEADS UP!!" cried a voice from up.

They all looked up and saw Ruby come down.

She was then hit by Jaune who flew in from the right.

"Did your sister just fall out of the sky?" asked Blake. Then a Giant scorpion came and was chasing Pyrrha.

"Did she just run here with a Deathstalker on her tail?" asked Blake again.

Yang couldn't take it anymore.

"Yang, take a brea-"

"AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! WOULD EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME THINK FOR A MINUTE!?!"

Everyone was quiet for exactly ten seconds before a giant black bird came and Weiss fell from it. Y/N then held his hand out, and caught Weiss with her face just touching the grass.

She looked up, and saw Y/N looking at her, and he just dropped her.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!" snapped Weiss.

"You're welcome, Ice Queen," said Y/N.

Pyrrha was then thrown in front of everyone, and Yang said, "Great, the gang's all here. Now we can die together."

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" said Ruby, as she raced off, but only pissed off the Grimm.

She then got her cape stuck, and Yang and Y/N struggled to get to her.

Someone then took action, and froze the DeathStalker's tail.

"You're so immature," said Weiss, as she helped Ruby up, "You're short patience, you're arrogant, and don't even get me started on your fighting stance. And I'll admit, I can be stubborn at times. But if we're gonna do this, we need to work together and listen, and maybe I'll be nicer."

"I just want to show you that I can do this," said Ruby.

"You're doing fine."

Just then, the Nevermore came, and circled over them.

"Guys," said Jaune, "that thing is circling back. We need to grab a relic and get back to the cliff."

Ruby grabbed a knight as well, and Jaune grabbed a tower. 

Y/N then grabbed a special figure, and followed them all.

Y/N followed behind Ruby and the others, and he looked around, and Ruby said, "SPLIT UP!! WE CAN TAKE THEM BOTH ON!!!"

Jaune was helping Pyrrha block the Deathstalker's claws. Ren then tried to get the stinger loose, and Pyrrha managed to cut it loose. Jaune then boosted Nora up and she nailed the hit. 

Yang then jumped and she was shooting in the mouth of the Nevermore. Y/N meanwhile, was cutting the feathers off, and leaving massive wounds on the Grimm.

"I!! HOPE!! YOU'RE!! HUNGRY!!!!" she yelled.

Yang and Y/N then jumped down, and Ruby was on a sling shot made of Blake's ribbon and Weiss' glyph.

"Oh course you would come up with a plan as crazy as this," said Weiss.

"You think you can make the shot?" asked Ruby.

"Can I?"

There was a pause before Ruby said, "Can y-"

"Of course I can!"

Ruby was then shot to the top, and Ruby caught the Nevermore by the neck. She ran up the side, with Weiss' glyphs, and her weapon's shooting, and she Decaptitated the Grimm.

"Russel Thrush, Sky Lark, Cardin Winchester, and Dove Bronzewing," announced Ozpin, "you have collected the black knight pieces. From this day forward you will be known as Team CRDL (Cardinal). Lead by... Cardin Winchester."

Team CRDL then walked off and the next set came up.

"Nora Valkyrie, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Pyrrha Nikos, you have collected the white rock pieces. From this day forward, you will be known as Team JNPR (Juniper). Lead by... Jaune Arc."

"Lead by?" asked Jaune.

Pyrrha then gave him a playful punch.

"Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Yang Xiao Long, you have collected the white knight pieces. From this day forward you will be known as Team RWBY (Ruby). Lead by... Ruby Rose."

Weiss looked shocked, and she looked at Ruby, as Yang said, "Oh, I'm so proud of you." The four then walked off, and (Y/N) took the stage. Ozpin then announced, "Y/N Rose, you were the only one who didn't have a partner, but, you have collected the hidden Jedi Piece, hence forth, you will be place on Team RWBY, with your sisters, Ruby, Yang, and Weiss."

Y/N looked at Ozpin with a glare, and said, "Really?"

Soon, the team had made it to the dorm, and Weiss said, "Y/N, is that really you?"

Y/N just glared, and said, "Yes, it is. Now, piss off."

"Y/N, I'm so-"

"SORRY ISN'T GOING TO GET MY BODY BACK!!!! BECAUSE OF YOU, THE ICE BITCH, JACKASS, AND THE WASTE OF MAN'S SEED, I HAVE NO AURA, NO SEMBLANCE, NO SHIT!!!!! I HAVE NOTHING LIKE THAT!!! NODDA, ZIP, ZILCH, BANKRUPT!!!! SO IF YOU THINK A HALF ASSED APOLOGY CAN FIX THIS!!"

Y/N then showed Weiss her chest cavity, and continued, "THEN YOU'RE JUST A DUMB BITCH WHO WON'T LEARN!!!! We are teammates, not siblings, friends, or family! Just Teammates."

Y/N then turned, and got into his bed.

Weiss was the last to get ready. She then got something from her case. It was a knife, with little red stains on it. She then cut herself.

"Each one of these is for you," said Weiss, "I'm so sorry. For everything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 93 5
(Darth Vader Male Reader in RWBY) You were the father of Yang Xiao Long and Ruby Rose. You were discovered to be a Jedi before the Clone Wars and le...
504 10 5
A Semi-Self Insert, I.E. Me but not really me, is given a new space marine gamer ability. that kind of power comes with a cost, and the world he find...
76 5 2
So, you, a commander who commands a fleet of rebel ships and Mon Calamari ships, So, you were being chase by both, a Imperial fleet commanded by your...
41.4K 459 27
Y/n Rose was a normal kid, but one day tai started abusing him. When tai shoots him in the face and throws him in the forest to die a man in a black...