Broken • Choi Yeonjun

By leeatiny

Something that's broken is severely damaged - it's either split into pieces or doesn't work anymore. Many peo... More

Like you
Coffee
Loud
Cheerfully
Headache
Not me
Elbows
Family
Weak
Cry
Nerves
Water
Iced Coffee
Ants
Tick
Belt
Split
Food
Drop
Human
Pillow
Helpful
Word
Job
Do
Taunt
Memory
Fault
Handle
Plan
Cooties
Wiped
Two kids
Icing
Slap
Invite
Dog
'Girl'
Run
Nap
Ice cream
Stupid
Guest
Awkward
I don't know
Grammaire
Blurt
Pride
Floor
Eggs
One
Buer
Where?
How?
What?
Filler
Tar
Ditto
Breakfast
Kisses?
Wasted
Back
Can't
Nose
Store
Confront
Admitting
Fight
Kidnap
Again?
Off
New
Home
Heavy
Secret
Blow
Peas
Pull
Training Pt 1
Training Pt 2
Pizza
Problem
Thick
Chances
Search
Judecca
Helpful Demon
Natural
Bed
Thoughts
Information
Wise?
Off
Tamper
Wrong
Now?
Think
Chills
Table
Change of Plans
Relish in it!
No other Way
Epilogue
Cover photo for sequel

Child

876 37 28
By leeatiny

I grab at my head even before I open my eyes because of the splitting headache, I could feel my own pulse in my head as I tried to ease the pain by pressing my cold hands over my temples, but it didn't seem like that small trick would help. 

"Holy shit." I groan out as I roll over and push my face into the pillow that was placed under my head, I try to recall what I could have done to cause such a migraine, but it was all blank. The last thing I remember was the blonde man stepping between me and Yeonjun. 

It was that psychotic asshole, he probably whacked me on the head.

I wouldn't put it past him, he did murder all those people after all.

"You're finally awake?" Speak of the devil.

I don't say anything seeing as him speaking had felt like someone had slammed my head into a wall, I just keep my eyes closed as my hands still work on massaging my temples. 

"Yah, what's your problem? Cat got your tongue?" 

"Can you shut up and stop moving, my head feels like its about to explode." I grit out as his words and footsteps made tears come to my eyes from the pain that was pulsing through my head from the sounds that seemed to be magnified. 

He said nothing else as I heard him come closer to the bed I was laying on, I then felt the mattress dip as he sat down. I finally open my eyes just a slit to see what he was doing. 

"Don't look at me like that, I'm just going to help." He said as he moved his hands towards my head. 

I lean back away from him, how did he expect me to trust him? What if he was the reason for my head feeling like this?

He lets out a sigh before he grabs my head a little forcefully. A yelp left my lips as my eyes closed shut tight once more, but just as I was about to cuss him out, my head almost instantly started to feel better. It felt like cold water was washing over my head and erasing the pain, the cool sensation didn't stop at my head, it continued down my spine and then spread all over my body until even the tips of my fingers and toes felt relaxed and cool. 

I let out a sigh as he let my head go and I laid it back down on the pillow that now felt a lot softer then a moment ago. I open my eyes and look him up and down, wondering if I should thank him or ignore him...

"Thanks." I decide I wasn't going to be a complete ass at the moment seeing as he did just help me a lot. 

"Can you get off my bed now? I would like to lay down." Is all he said as he stood up and looked down at me with a blank look. 

At his words I shoot up and stumble to my feet, almost knocking a lamp over in my haste. My eyes roam the room as I smooth my hair and clothes down, it was nothing special, just a bed with gray colored blankets and sheets, a desk that rested against the opposite wall of the bed, a night stand on either side of the bed, one with a lamp and the other with a few books and old water bottles. 

"Who brought me in here?" I move my eyes back to him as he sat down and leaned back onto his headboard. 

"I did." He replied simply with his eyes closed. 

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, this man really did not give a shit about anything did he? 

"I'm going home." I don't wait on a reply as I turn to head out the door, but stop short and clamp a hand over my mouth to keep from screaming. "Can you not do that?" I ask as he stood in the door way with his arms crossed. 

"You can't leave." He said, leaning a shoulder on the door frame and crossing his ankles. 

"And why not?" I ask and cross my arms as well. 

"You may black out again, you want to go around out of your mind and let the demon that's in you kill someone? Because it probably will, then you'll be a wanted criminal." 

"What do you expect me to do? Sit here like a good little child in a strange murders house? Oh yes, sounds like something a sane person would totally do." I throw my arms up as I turn and take a few steps away from him before I turn and face him again, his face blank as usual. 

"You maybe a sane person, but you still have fragments of demon powers in you. Those very powers are corrupting your soul and mind, that's why you're blacking out, the demons powers are trying to take over. You have a weak mind, the demon fragments can take over your mind with even the smallest shift in your emotions, you're a danger to many people if you walk around alone." He pushed off the door frame and took a few steps toward me. "So you will sit here like a good child and do as you're told until we can figure out what to do with you." 

"What to do with me? I'm not a stray animal or something." 

"Close enough." He said with a smirk. 

"You son of a bitch." Despite the fact that my brain was telling me to shut up and step away, my hand reaches out and grabs the collar of his black t-shirt. "I didn't choose to die or even come back, I didn't ask for any of this, you could at least treat me like a human and stop being such a prick." I said lowly after I had pulled him down closer to my eye level. 

"You're here because you wanted to be nice, this world as you will learn. Does not treat people with the same kindness they give out." He stands to his full height making me take a step forward thanks to the hold I still had on his shirt. When I let go of his shirt he grabs my wrist to keep me in place. "So stop acting like a baby and pull yourself together. You have a long road ahead of you, and because my friends are the nice guys, I'm stuck helping."

He let my hand go and walked past to his bed, laying back down and closing his eyes. I bite my lip for a second before I open my mouth.

"Taehyun and Beomgyu are in the kitchen, they said for you to come join them for some food." He said, cutting off the insult I was about to shoot at him. 

Instead of saying anything, I do the pettiest thing I could think of and flick him off and stick my tongue out, even though his eyes were closed it still made me feel a tiny bit better. 

"Very mature." I hear him call out as I go to find the kitchen. 

I find the kitchen fairly easily thanks to the sound and smell of food wafting in the air. I poke my head around the corner before I step fully into the doorway, my hands folded in front of me as I debate on what to say to grab their attention. 

"Come sit down, no need to stand there like that." The one with gray hair said as he set a pan of steaming hot food in the center of the table. 

"Sorry." I say as I bow my head and rush to the table, taking up a seat across from the one with slightly long dark hair.

"I'm Taehyun and that's Beomgyu, by the way." 

"Evelyn." I reply and give a word of thanks when he sets a bowel of food in front of my along with a glass of water. 

The air felt a little awkward as we sat and ate, no one really seemed to know what to say to break the ice. 

"So, do I really have to stay here?" I ask as I help Taehyun clear the table after we were finished. 

"Until we can figure out a way to get rid of, or control the demon part of you, yes." He sends me an apologetic look. 

I nod and focus on cleaning dishes as I think over what may happen now, what about my job? Monday would be here pretty quick, I couldn't just not show up, I had bills to pay. 

"You've been scrubbing the same dish for a while now."

I snap my head up and see Beomgyu standing there with a goofy smile on his face, I didn't realize he had come back, he had all but ran away when Taehyun said for him to help with cleaning. 

"Sorry." I set the dish down in the strainer after rinsing it off and pick up the next one. 

"Let me, Taehyun was scolding me for making our guest feel like she had to help clean." He rolled his eyes as he mumbled something I couldn't hear. "And don't be sorry, we've all had bad days, it's a part of life." 

I just nod as I hand him the sponge and grab a dish towel to dry my hands, instead of leaving I lean on the counter a few feet away since I really didn't know what to do with myself. 

"Have you dealt with something like this before?" I ask with my head bowed as I pick at my nails. 

"No, not first hand. We have heard stories, but never experienced it."

Well, that did not help my mood, in fact it made me feel even more hopeless. If they have never dealt with something like this how were they going to help me?

"What if you guys can't help me? Then what happens?" Honestly I probably shouldn't be asking things like this if I wasn't ready for the worst. 

"We'll figure something out." He sent me a small smile before turning back to the last dish. Once he was done he dried his hands and asked me to follow him. "We need to figure out where you will be sleeping tonight." 

"I can just go home, I won't leave." I say kind of pleadingly, I really did not want to be here.

"We wish it was that simple, but we can't take that risk, It's our job to protect innocent people, you're a threat to people and yourself." 

"Beomgyu, let's not make her feel worse." The blonde man from earlier said as he and the brunette walked back into the apartment. 

"Any news?" Beomgyu asked ignoring what his friend said. 

The brunettes eyes shifted from me back to Beomgyu a few times. 

"I can go back in the kitchen.." I said pointing my thump over my shoulder back to where we had just left, I could tell that whatever "news" they had, they did not want me to hear it. 

"No, we can talk later." 

I just nod and follow them into the living room, taking a seat in one of the arm chairs as the other two introduce themselves. The blonde was Huening Kai, and the brunette was Soobin, the leader of their group of soul collectors. 

"We have a spare room you can use for now, you can rest there and then later one of us will take you to your house to get clothes or whatever else you may need." Soobin said after we were all acquainted. "Follow me and I'll show you the room." 

We head back down the hall that held Yeonjun's room and stopped at the end. He opened the door to the left to show just a plain room that had a few work out things scattered here and there around it. 

"Sorry about the stuff, Taehyun is kind of a workout junkie." 

"It's fine." I wave my hand not worried by the state of the room at this point, just a space to be alone with my thoughts was good enough for me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 617 25
|| Yeonjun x Taehyun & Beomgyu || STATUS : SLOW UPDATES... ⚠️ Warnings ⚠️ : Drinking, Abuse, Smoking, Mature Themes, Love triangle, Angst, Underage S...
103K 4.4K 31
he was lonely and hid away from reality she was lost and needed an escape what will happen when they meet? "I'm fine, I told you that yesterday can...
3.7K 368 15
❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢 𝐁𝐞𝐨𝐦𝐠𝐲𝐮 belonged to a lower class poor family, trying to get through his life, while Huening Kai was the rich kid, whom no-one trie...
52.6K 732 29
Tomorrow x Togethers reactions for our boys! Please feel free to send any requests or recommendations!! Please make sure to follow me on tumblr @ ith...