Is this really love? -sinja

By ivdosxx

Sinbad does not shy away from taking advantage of other people to achieve something, as long as it serves the... More

follow you no matter what

your arms - my safe place

43 4 0
By ivdosxx

In the early morning, I was woken up by a bad headache.
I rubbed my forehead wearily, the alcohol really was not a good idea, even if not drinking very much at all.
I sat up and yawned, collecting my blurry thoughts.
Through sleepy eyes, I looked towards the window of my room.
It was still dark outside. 
Normally I indeed woke up early.
I had to, whether I wanted to or not, but this time, It was too early even for my habits.
Probably, thanks to the the pain that tormented my head, because of being too stressed out the last few days.
I got up quickly to put on my robe.
With a burning candle in hand, that lit up the room a bit, I left.
Maybe a little walk would help me?
Just me and my thoughts.
I closed my eyes and sighed.
A new day's work would start in a couple of hours, at least then I would be distracted.

Arrived outside, my eyes wandered to the night sky.
Enjoying a deep breath of the fresh, cold air - i had to think about how peaceful our people could live here in Sindria and that all thanks to Sinbad.
My lips formed a slight smile.
If I only could have this peace myself, only a bit more often.

"You can not sleep either huh, Jafar?"

Instantly I turned around, but I did not even had to.
How well I knew, whom that calm, pleasant voice belonged to.
Despite the darkness, I could see my king clearly infront of me, thanks to the faint candlelight.
"Sin..."
I spoke softly while he slowly approached me.

Then he stopped in front of me, close enough, that I could have reached out for him, whenever I wanted to.
But my arms stayed hidden by my sleeves.
"Why are you up so late?"
I asked with a reproachful and at the same time curious undertone.

"Could ask you the same thing"
He chuckled at me, then he exhaled.
"Do your sleep problems bother you that much?"
With a worried look on his face, the purple haired male waited patiently for my answer.

I hesitated, avoiding his gaze, then i nodded.
It was one of those moments, I wanted to open up to him, wanted to show weakness, but I was not allowed to.
As a child, I always could tell him about nightmares or worries but now I was no longer a child anymore.
I had responsibilities!
My ridiculous little problems were nothing compared to to the burden Sinbad had to carry.

"You overwork yourself, I tell you that too often Ja'far ... But that is not all, something else is also bothering you.
I noticed that, i know you long enough. Do you mind to tell me?"
Sin spoke calmly, yet, I could recognize the seriousness on his face.

"No...you are wrong Sin."
Nervously, i fumbled with my sleeves.
Pull yourself together!

"Is that so?"
The man in front of me took a step towards me, what made me swallow.
Out of sudden he began to pull at my clothes.
"That looks completely messy, you usually care more about order"

I backed away embarrassed.
"Stop that, I can do that myself"
Glaring at him, i put my arms around me.

"So, you are really not feeling well..."
Sinbad smiled nervous.

"I was just half asleep and anyway, I did not expected to meet you here!"
I responded grumbling.

Sinbad laughed.
"Okay okay! I am not judging you but..."
Sinbad's face became serious again, now he was looking me straight into the eyes.
"Since when are you hiding things from me? That's new to me..."

For a few heartbeats I was speechless, just thinking about what to reply while trying to endure my king's stern gaze but failed and mumbled;
"You're might be right Sin..."
I sighed.
"But I do not even know myself, what is going on with me right now."

"Alright"
The high king of the seven seas put suddenly but gently an arm around my body, which completely startled me.
"This night, I will make an exception, tonight you will sleep in my bed"

"WHAT?"
I immediately tore myself out of his grasp.
"Are you still drunk??"
I yelled, incredulous about if he really meant that in the first place.

The guy laughed.
"Where is the problem?
Maybe it will be better if you are not alone in your room"
Sinbad grabbed my shoulder, just to look at me with his warm eyes.
"Ja'far.. it is just because i am worried."

"You don't need to-"
I stopped mid-sentence, when I realized I could not resist those eyes.
It was no longer necessary to discuss.
I could not.
"Then let us go, get some sleep this night..."
Were my final agreement after long hesitation.

Sinbad grabbed my arm and dragged me with him, staggering a little, what made me questioning, if he really was completely sober.
I let him leading me through the palace, until we finally arrived at his room.
Struggling with my unease, I still hesitated but Sinbad simply ignored that slight withdraw of my hand and opened the door to his premises.
As the cracking of the door snapped me out of my thoughts, i felt my heart starting to beat faster in my chest.
The realization that this was actually happening made me feel uncomfortable, that was not right.

"Why so tense?"
I heard Sinbad's clear, deep voice break the silence between us.

"Wh-Wha-"
It was only now, that I realized how tightly I had clutched Sinbad's arm, immediately i took big steps away from him.
"I'm sorry"
My apology was a mumble,
embarrassed i looked to the ground.
"You are right, I'm just too tense "

I caught Sinbad's movements out of the corner of my eye, and when I looked up, I could catch view of him undressing himself.
Yawning, I watched him with tired eyes, then realized something.
"Sin ..wait.. wait!!"
I took a step towards him, making hectic movements with my hands in the air, to somehow stop him.

"What? You know i can only sleep nice and safe if I'm naked"
He chuckled muffling.
"Calm down."

"Sin, I'm not joking.."
With a strict voice i continued;
"I will not sleep with you like that!"
I narrowed my eyes to glare at him but to my surprise he just laughed out loud, letting himself fall on the bed.
What was so funny?

"Ja'far, c'mon, like you have never seen me naked before!"
The purple-haired propped himself with his elbow on the bed, supporting his head with his hand, smirking at me.

"That is not even the point"
I groaned in annoyance.

"I'm listening?"

"Sinbad..."
I noticed how this man slowly was starting to provoke me, if on purpose or not, i was too tired for this.
"Nevermind!"
Without paying any further attention to him, I sat on the edge of the bed, on the other side of course.
I felt the soft mattress under my bottom and didn't hesitated long to lay down, making sure to keep my distance from Sinbad.

A little weird, to share the bed with someone else.
Not having the whole bed for only myself was not the problem, i did not needed much space.
It was just not being alone.
But who was I to complain?

I closed my eyes, expecting to fall asleep relatively quickly, without any complications or having to deal with Sinbad any further.

Silence.

I opened my eyes, the room was now completely dark.
How pleasant.
I squinted serval times against the darkness.
My eyelids were so heavy, i could not help but closing them again.
Trying hard not to move, I stayed like that for a few minutes, but no matter how tired I was, I could not fully relax.
I sighed quietly, pressing my eyes together.
Why can I just not fall sleep?

Suddenly, the bed started to rumble, as I felt Sinbad turn around.
And how i saw it coming, he slid closer to me.

"You struggling to fall asleep~"
Sinbad's soft, warm breath brushed my ear, and only now I realized how close he actually got to me.
"do you need a good night story?"

I clenched my teeth, stifling the urge to put my arms around his neck and choke him.
Was he seriously teasing me right now!?
Then, i took a deep breath.
"I'm not a kid anymore Sinbad and you know that..."

"I am just joking, unfortunately I do not get to that very often lately"
He sighed and his sentence got me thinking.
Over the years, the conqueror had become more serious and mature, that was true, nevertheless, he never lost his silly nature.
That was a thing I loved about him, no matter how annoying it could get.
"Yeah sadly."
I mumbled smiling.

There was silence again, i heard nothing expect a quite sigh from my king.
Out of nothing, I felt him suddenly putting his muscular arm around me, pressing me to his chest.
"Sin!-"
I blinked several times, heat started rising in my cheeks.

No answer, only soft breathing sounds, close to my ear, sending a shiver trough my body.
I knew exactly, that he was not sleeping - just pretending, so that I would not complain about it!

I ended up puting my hand hesitantly on Sinbad's arm.
His skin was so warm.
Against my will, I felt my heart beating faster in my chest, could Sin feel that too?
His body gave me warmth, better than any blanket or clothes could do.
It somehow gave me the feeling of safety and security, that what i never had as a kid,until Rurumu took me into her care. But still, it was a different feeling.
I smiled, closing my eyes, feeling really sleepy.
Enjoying this atmosphere for at least a few hours and get some rest, that would be great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 28.2K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
197K 4.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
143K 5.1K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1M 25.5K 24
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...