My Mistake - My Mistake trilo...

By GenderlessFujoshi

Sebastian's heart pounded in his ears as he laid, tangled, amongst the sheets that he and Claude had just def... More

At First
A Visit to an Old Friend
The Announcement!
Don't Forget Me
News
Haunt
Fanart!
Secrets...
intermediate
Nonentity/ Secrets Pt. 2
Pother
Oh my gosh, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Incertitude
Avowal
Verboten
Reflection- interlude chapter
The Letter
The Letter, part 2
Guys, for real now...
Dilemma
chapter
𝓇𝓊𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝚊 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍
quick character introduction
// i don't have a title yet //
discord server!
Going Home Pt. 1 - I Hate Hospitals
Going Home Pt. 2 - The Gates to Hell
🍯 Honey pt. 1 🍯
🍯 Honey pt. 2 🍯
Going Home Pt. 3 - A Whole New World
picrew fanarts
-discord servers-
pictures
quick announcement, y'all
Half. A. Decade.
When The Cat's Away
We made it!
Possible celebration idea?
Hai
Happy birthday, My Mistake!
hi
Hell references

🍯 Honey Pt. 3 🍯

71 1 0
By GenderlessFujoshi

Hello, and welcome to another chapter! I hope this all makes sense

Happy 5 year anniversary! I love you all so much!!

-

Minutes ticked away on the grandfather clock, falling into nothingness. Unlike Bard, the minutes were never to return, the clock hands continuing without them. Ready to tick away their replacements. 

The moon, she watched with her unblinking eye. 

Minutes were short and long, no one in the house could judge.

The Thames tossed and turned.

-

An hour passed this way, the only sound in the house being Bard and Finnian's snoring. The cat remained where they were, nose tucked into their fluffy back leg. Their chest rose and fell evenly, whiskers twitching as they dreamed. 

Finnian was still sound asleep, thumb resting in his mouth. Bard's presence calmed him.

The chef was still asleep, eyes twitching under his eyelids as he dreamt. His chest rose and fell, occasionally stuttering. 

The grandfather clock struck one, filling the silence with a melodic chime. 

One of Bard's eyes opened, and he groaned, letting it close. 1 .A.M. in the morning. One hour of sleep... Bard rubbed his eyes, letting out another groan. While it was better than nothing, he was still exhausted. And now sore. 

He flexed his toes in his work boots, feeling them pop again. A solid pop resulted from his big toe, and he grimaced. Looking around for his rifle, he remembered he had left it by the front door. A lot of help that would do against an intruder; one servant missing, three asleep, and one without his usual method of protection.

And he had left his rifle loaded by the door.

-

Not like he was completely defenseless. 

He had his body and mind. His time spent in the war had turned him into a machine. Underneath his clothing, he was all muscle. Came as a surprise, Finnian even found him comfortable to lay on. 

All of this came as an even bigger surprise. The glitz and glamour. The camaraderie. No more sleeping with the smell of sulfur in his nose. 

Here, people called him Baldroy.

Bard took in a deep breath, breathing the ambient smell of the manor into his lungs. Cleaner mixed with ever - present soot, and the smell of candles. A faint scent of dinner. He reluctantly let the breath out. 

He sniffed his own shoulder, finding the same smell on his uniform. That, and cigarette smoke. Even after airing the place out, the smoke would only leave after a wash.

He turned his head away, and yawned.

He'd ask Meyrin later in the morning. 

As for defending himself without waking Finnian, that was a matter he had yet to figure out.

-

An hour later, Baldroy was half awake. His legs, even less so. They hadn't moved since Finnian had fallen asleep on them. 

He flexed his toes, feeling blood beginning to circulate. Joints popped. But his legs were still asleep. 

"At this point, I'm goin' to lose a leg.."

Footsteps.

"Mister Baldroy?"

Baldroy looked around for the source of the voice. "Who's there?"

"Tanaka. What are you doing up this late?"

. "Oh, it's just you.." Baldroy yawned. "Finny had a nightmare. I'm keepin' watch in case he has another.."

Tanaka's brow furrowed when he came close enough to see. Finny, all curled up like the child he was. Cheeks rosy from sleep, and hair free of its bobby pins.

"A cutie, isn't he?"

"Indeed, he and our Young Master are not too dissimilar."

Finnian shifted in his sleep, letting out a whimper. Baldroy rubbed the young boy's back. "That's for sure. Ssh, it's okay, kid.."

"Can I help out at all?"

"I'd ask you to take over, but I don't think I can move without waking 'im."

Tanaka came around the couch. "Scoot towards me." 

Baldroy did, very slowly. Finnian's head came to rest on the couch instead, and he let out another whimper. "Mm..?"

"Hi, kid. We didn't mean to wake you. Want to rest with Tanaka instead?"

Finnian's eyes opened halfway and he lifted his head. "Why..?"

"My legs are fallin' asleep, kid."

"Okay.." Finnian tiredly sat up, wrapping himself in the blanket. He looked up towards Tanaka with a lock of blond hair in his face, obscuring his sleepy green eyes. "Thank you for staying with me, mister Bard.."

"Of course, kid. Sleep well and sweet dreams." Baldroy ruffled Finnian's hair. He stood and stretched for the first time in hours. His back loudly popped, and he paused. Not sure if he should even move until the vertebrae re aligned. 

"Hell." He laughed. "Tanaka, you good with keepin' watch tonight?"

Tanaka gave him a mini salute. "Get some sleep, mister Baldroy. I will be okay."

Baldroy saluted back, and went to his room. 

He flopped on his bed, pulling the covers around himself. 

He was out within minutes, still clad in his uniform.

-

Tanaka sat down in Baldroy's spot, patting his lap. "Come here, little one."

Finnian laid down, his head on the elder butler's lap. He snuggled into his blanket, until only his head was visible again. 

Tanaka pat Finnian's back through the blanket, reaching for the remote with his other hand. He turned off the television, plunging the manor into silence yet again. 

Finnian yawned, and closed his eyes. "Goodnight, Grandpa.."

"Goodnight, Finnian." Tanaka smiled. 

-

Aaand that's where it ends for right now! I hope you all enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 3 4
Two young souls, two very different worlds, one boy consumed by the darkness that inhabits him and another one who brings his light to him, so close...
713 33 9
"I- you what?!" You exclaimed, staring at him in shock. "I'm sure you heard me the first time, (Name)." he placed a hand on your shoulder and leaned...
839K 22.3K 26
Sebastian and Ciel's relationship has changed after their contract ended. Ciel is no longer serving the queen but, like always he's managing his busi...
18K 447 14
**this is a bxb book, if you dont like it, dont read it, i simply cant write about girls*** {unedited} Sebastian is fully aware of his desires for hi...