CEASEFIRE . CLATO

Galing kay VeeNyxx

๐–๐–Œ ๐–’๐–”๐–‰๐–Š๐–—๐–“ ๐–†๐–š โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” in which a seeming harmless bet made by two childhood best friends escalat... Higit pa

INTRO.

806 40 31
Galing kay VeeNyxx

' this is a state of grace

this is the worthwhile fight,

love is a ruthless game

unless you play it good and right. '

CEASEFIRE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
a clato/hunger games high school au
by veenyxx

CLOVE KENTWELL IS BURNING OUT.

exhibit a. despite just making volleyball captain (the youngest ever in panem and district high history, one might add) she's still falling short of the mark in her mom's eyes. constantly overshadowed by her oh-so-perfect little sister, only a report card of straight A's is going to cut it. but the way the year is playing out, clove will be lucky to scrape by with a C average at this rate..

exhibit b. not surprisingly, being the youngest volleyball captain on school record isn't exactly the easiest job in the world. she has huge shoes to fill, and not all of the girls on the team are happy about coach's selection....

exhibit c. as if she didn't already have enough on her plate, now her childhood best friend-turned-fiercest sporting rival is proposing a challenge. a bet, of sorts - whichever captain takes their team furthest in the league wins. and the price of losing could amount to total disaster....

the champion is impossible to call, but as the stakes rise both on and off the court, and the joke between frenemies escalates into all out war, who will take the most casualties along the way?

or perhaps the only people really hurt by the battle will be the generals themselves.

maybe it's finally time to call ceasefire.

DISCLAIMER + WARNINGS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i do not claim to own any of the original hunger games characters - these belong to suzanne collins. there are also a couple of characters featured in this book that are the creation of dani suggletsandmalfoys and these will be specified in the cast list.

content warnings for ceasefire: this book features mental health and characters who struggles with anger issues, obsession and severe burnout. also contains strong language and mild violence.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
hello my dudes - yes, she lives! i have returned from the abyss and am back to grace your screens with angsty clato again. i'm so sorry for the sudden absence - the past couple of months have honestly been such a mess and i had a lot going on. i lost my granddad and then made the decision to quit my bar manager job and go back to my old restaurant that i worked at during covid-where i wrote glory and gore! already feeling better about that career move so that's a start. i also turned 25 which is frankly criminal, how am i officially closer to 30 than 20 pls make it stop. 

anyway, welcome back to ceasefire! i know i say this far too much but i really wasn't happy with the original setup of this intro and now that me and dani have plans for this book i couldn't leave it looking sloppy (bc all her books are literal artwork i've got to at least try and keep up). also there's been a slight plot development since i originally started writing this so the first chapter published previously is going to change now (sorry i'm a nightmare).

i hope you enjoy the chaos - this is one of my favourite book ideas it has such a special place in my heart. sports rivalry is my absolute favourite modern clato trope and i'm amazed i don't see it more often bc personally i think it's just textbook them :') also the childhood friends to enemies/rivals (to lovers?) pipeline is so angsty and there's a lot of potential for drama their so it fits them very well!

as always, thank you so much for reading! hope you're all doing well and much love,

vee xx

veenyxx 2023

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.1M 36.3K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.3M 56.7K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
138K 4.9K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
190K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...