Kya Maiden of the Sea Book 1...

By Stormweaver224

Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being mi... More

Kya
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Book 2

Chapter 10

11.3K 229 50
By Stormweaver224

(A/N: First of all I'd like to apologize. I did this episode last minute and the quality isn't as good as I wished it was. I'll try to fix it once I finish book one. Second of all the entire episode of Omashu is packed into this chapter so its kind of long. Thank you for reading up to this point ◡̈)

(Oh also the next chapter will be up shortly ꕤ)

After a while we all walked up a hill. Aang excitedly stopped at the tip, opening his arms out.

"The Earth Kingdom City of Omashu." He announced

It was an amazing looking city. It was like nothing I've ever seen before, something I never believed I had the chance to see in my life. I looked over at Sokka and Katara whose mouths were hanging open in astonishment.

"I used to always come here to visit my friend Bumi,"

"Wow," Katara said, "We don't have cities like this in the South Pole."

"They have buildings here that don't melt," Sokka said, entranced with the scene before us.

"And buildings instead of small igloos," I added

"Well let's go slow pokes. The real fun is inside the city!" Aang said while jumping up and sliding down the hill.

"Wait Aang! It could be dangerous if people find out you're the Avatar." Katara said stopping the boy

"You need a disguise," Sokka said.

"So what am I supposed to do? Grow a mustache?" Aang questioned.

I looked around, Sokka and I both landed our eyes on Appa. Sokka sent a vibrant look my way as I nodded

"You'll see," I motioned Aang to come back our way.

I started pulling loose fur off Appa. He sheds a lot so it was easy to get as much as we needed. I then handed it over to Sokka. Sokka made it into a fur version of a straw hat, only one strand of rope keeping it in place. Katara then placed the hat on Aang's head along with a mustache. It was a long shot but it was probably the only option we could come up with so quickly.

I tilted my head to the side. It still looks weird. I looked to Sokka who was impressed with the work we've done.

"Ugh, this is so itchy." Aang said, scratching his head through the fur, "how do you live in this stuff?"

Appa turned to Aang and blew air out of his nose.

"Great! Now you look just like my grandfather," Sokka said sitting on a rock next to me

"Technically, Aang is a hundred and twelve years old," Katara said looking over to us.

"I still think it's a weird look, even for an old man," I said leaning on Sokka.

Aang kicked his staff and grabbed it. Holding it like a cane.

"Now let's get to skippin' young whipper snappers. The big city awaits!" Aang said, trying to mimic the voice of an old man.

"Okay gramps," I said, getting up and following Aang.

We walked all the way to the city's outer walls. A single path led in and out of the city.

"You guys are gonna love Omashu," Aang said as we walked the path, "The people here are the friendliest in the world,"

"Rotten cabbages?!" We all looked ahead to see the soldiers guarding the city yelling at a cabbage vendor, "What kind of slum do you think this is?!"

He smashed the cabbage, slapping the other out of the vendors' hands, and made the wagon go flying in the air using earth bending.

"No! My cabbages!" The man yelled looking over.

"Friendliest people in the world," I said calm but sarcastically as Aang started to walk again

"Just keep smiling." Aang said

Katara looked over with a nervous grin while Sokka was unsure of how to feel. Aang made his way to the soldiers. The soldier bended a large boulder and held it over Aang.

"State your business," Said the man

Aang swiftly moved up to the soldier,"My business is my business young man and none of yours!" Aang said provokingly, pointing his finger. The soldier let the large piece of earth fall back into the ground causing Sokka and Katara to dramatically jump back as I just shook in place.

"I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside," Aang continued to provoke as I widened my eyes and held a soft disgusted face, Sokka did the same but much more exaggerated as Katara shook her head concerned.

"Settle down, old timer." The soldier responded while Aang kept a finger pointed to his face, "Just tell me who you are,"

"Name's Bonzoo Pippenpadlolopsicopolis, the third," Aang said

I looked down, already forgetting the name he used, trying to recall it. Pippnpadlo,,

"And these are my grandkids." Aang added as Katara approached Aang.

"Hi. June Pippenpadlolopsicopolis," She said sweetly putting her hands together Nice to meet you,"

The soldier thought about what to do with us, "You seem like a responsible young lady. See to that your grandfather stays out of trouble. Enjoy Omashu."

He allowed us to pass, but he called out to us once more. We turned to face the man.

"Wait a minute!" The soldier said, grabbing Sokka's shoulder. I could tell Sokka was terrified as the soldier turned him around,"You're a strong young boy. Show some respect for the elderly and carry your grandfather's bag!"

"Good idea!" Aang said happily, throwing Sokka the bag he carried.

I patted Sokka's back letting his sudden panic fade then looked back at the soldiers as they glared at me but then smiled. I nodded my head and turned back. Three layers of the wall opened letting us inside. We all looked shocked as we entered. The walls then close behind us.

Momo popped out of the fur Aang had on his head.

"Momo," I sighed out quietly as we leaned against the ledge that had the most beautiful view of the city. Snow still covered some of the roofs and people walked the streets.

"This is the Omashu's Delivery System. Miles and miles of tubes and chutes," Aang said as I looked to where he pointed, "Earth bending brings the packages up and gravity brings them down,"

"Great, so they get their mail on time," Sokka said, mostly uninterested

"They do get their mail on time," Aang agreed looking back at the chutes giving a mischievous smirk, "But my friend Bumi found a better use for these shoots."

We followed Aang who found an empty cart that fit the four of us. It was a tight fit but we still had some leg room.

"One ride, then we're off to the North Pole," Aang said, as we were placed ready to go down, "Air benders honor,"

"This sounded like fun at first, but now that I'm here, I'm starting to have second THOUGHTS!" Katara said nervously. The cart went down the chute extremely fast. Aang laughed, Katara held onto the sides of the cart for dear life, Sokka hugged me to a point I almost couldn't breathe. The wind hit my face so hard my eyes watered but I couldn't lie to myself. I was having fun, even if all I did was squint my eyes to avoid more watering.

Katara screamed a bit as we kept going down. In the chute next to us a package of spears came down. The chutes merged to one, now the spears were behind us.

Sokka widened his eyes, grabbing my shoulders and crunching us down into the bottom of the cart. Katara screamed, leaning forward.

"I'm on it!" Aang said confidently, he moved the cart and made it fly out of the chute. We were now free falling onto a roof, passing a group of soldiers, destroying a delivery cart, and onto another chute.

"Aang, do something! Use your air bending!" Katara yelled.

"Yeah! Good idea! That'll make us go even faster!" Aang said cutting the air, we sped up even more

"Here we go!" I yelled.

Once we came down the incline, a earth bender was managing the packages. We all screamed, crashing into the cart.

We fell in the sky again. Aang moved the cart back under us as we slid on roofs. We then broke into a man's house destroying a vase.

"Sorry," Aang yelled back at the house we crashed into from a significant distance.

We fell right into the cabbage vendor's stand.

"My cabbages!" He yelled. "You're going to pay for this!"

Soldiers surrounded us as Aang nervously smiled,"Two cabbages please,"

"Heh," I said to myself knowing this won't end easily, wondering why I went along with this in the first place.

We were told that the Earth King of Omashu requested our presence. I worried on the inside as we walked into the throne room. An old man sat on the throne. The king made a hm sound as we kneeled before the King.

"Your majesty, these juveniles were arrested for vandalism, traveling under false pretenses, and malicious destruction of cabbages," A soldier explained before the king.

"Off with their heads!" The cabbage merchant stomped, "One for each head of cabbage,"

"Silence!" Ordered the soldier,"Only the king can pass down judgment. What is your judgment, sire?"

The Earth King thought intensely as we all looked to the floor. My siblings threw pleading looks. I then looked up slowly seeing that the King was staring directly at Aang.

"Throw them,,," The king said as the others gasped, I watched the king with mixed feelings, "A feast."

The soldier gave a confused look as the cabbage merchant groaned. Sokka smiled at me, making me grow a small smile, but Katara and Aang looked confused. It was better than us being held in a cell. Even though it seemed like it wasn't all the king had planned for us.

>>>

We were led to a dining hall and the table was filled with food. My mouth salivated taking in the delicious scents. Sokka shook my shoulder pointing at the meat.

The king stood behind us laughing,"The people in my city have gotten fat from too many feasts. So I hope you like your chicken with no skin,"

The king waved a chicken leg to Aang.

"Thanks, but I don't eat meat," Aang said nicely

"How about you?" Asked the king looking at my brother,"I bet you like meat."

The Earth King shoved the chicken into Sokka's mouth. He was taken aback a bit but made a noise of enjoyment as he chewed. I looked in front of me and took a bite of the chicken too. My eyes widened a bit. I kept picking at the meat while paying attention.

"Is it just me or is this guy's crown a little crooked?" Katara asked Aang, as she swirled her finger in a circle.

"Probably," I whispered, chewing down the meat.

"So tell me young bald one. Where are you from?" The king said sitting down acros from us

"I'm from,," Aang paused for a second,"Kangaroo Island,"

"Oh, Kangaroo Island eh?" The king cocked a brow, "I hear that place is really hopping!"

Everyone was silent until Sokka started laughing, my mouth slowly opened in mild distaste of the joke. Aang and Katara turned to Sokka looking a bit confused.

"What? It was pretty funny," Sokka said, stopping himself

The king yawned, stretching his arms. I felt sort of confused. Everything just seemed a little weird.

"Well, all these good jokes are making me tired. Guess it's time to hit the hay,"

The king stood up as if he was about to leave, but he reached into his sleeve, throwing a chicken leg Aang's way. Aang stopped the incoming chicken with air bending. The guards gasped as I had a hint of annoyance in my eyes that this is all it took for Aang to reveal himself.

"There's an air bender in our presence and not just any air bender,,,the Avatar!" The king announced.

Aang gasped in shock, dropping the chicken leg and putting his hands on his lap.

"Now, what do you have to say for yourself Mr. Pippenpadlolopsicopolis?" The king interrogated with a smirk.

"Okay, you caught me. I'm the Avatar,,, doing my avatar thing, keeping the world safe," He looked under the table, "Everything checks out. No fire benders here. So, good work everybody. Love each other." Aang placed his arm around us bringing us into a half hug, "Respect all life and don't run with your spears," He continued pulling us away. My siblings gave an awkward smile as I pressed my lips putting my hand up as a goodbye, "We'll see you next time!"

The soldiers guarding the exit blocked our path. I sighed to myself knowing something was going to happen.

"You can't keep us here," Katara said.

"Actually he can," I stated emotionlessly, making her glare at me.

"Let us leave!"

"Lettuce leaf?" The king said picking up a lettuce leaf and crunching into it. I internally sighed.

"We're in serious trouble," Sokka said in a whisper to us," This guy is nuts."

"You think," I whispered back.

"Tomorrow, the Avatar will face three deadly challenges. But for now, the guards will show you to your chamber." The king announced.

"My liege, do you mean the good chamber or the bad chamber?" The guard next to the King asked.

"The newly refurbished chamber."

"Wait, which one are we talking about?"

You've gotta be joking right?

"The one that used to be the bad chamber. Until the recent refurbishing that is. Of course, we've been calling it the new chamber, but we really should number them. Uh, take them to the refurbished chamber that was once bad!" Finished the king chewing on the lettuce leaf.

The guards pushed us into the 'newly refurbished chamber'.

"This is a prison cell?" I said looking around, "It's more like a living quarters,"

"Yea," Katara said," It's so nice,"

"Well he did say it was newly refurbished," Aang added

"Nice or not, We're prisoners," Sokka said.

"I wonder what the challenged are going to be," Aang said concerned

"We're not sticking around to find out," Katara said putting her hands to her hips," Theres gotta be some way out of here,"

"The air vents!" Aang said pointing at a tiny hole in the wall.

"Aang there's no way we fit there," I sighed out

"Yea," Sokka said protesting," If you think we can your crazier then that king,"

"We can't," Aang said pointing at the lemur that was with us, "But Momo can,"

"Barely," I said, comparing the size of Momo and the size of the hole.

"Momo, I need you to find Appa so he can bust us out of here," Aang said as Momo cooed in discontent.

Aang struggled pushing Momo in but it was no use, Momo was too big.

"Eh, how was Appa supposed to save us anyway?" Sokka said

"Appa is a ten ton flying bison. I think he could figure something out," Aang defended

I helped pull Momo out the hole. Momo patted my cheek forcefully and jumped down.

"I'll take that as a thank you," I said holding my cheek

"Well, no point arguing it now," Katara said, "Get some rest Aang. Looks like you need it for tomorrow,"

Weirdly enough there were only three beds. I took my spot in Sokkas. It wasn't anything I wasn't used to, we slept together our entire childhood. I stretched my arm out off the side of the bed. I wasn't exactly tired. I turned around and Sokka slapped his hand in my face, he was still asleep. I groaned, moving his hand away.

A slight scuffle noise came from the walls. Before I had the chance to get up a hand was placed over my mouth. I struggled but it was no use. The soldier dragged me out as two more went after my siblings.

We were held down as I struggled silently against the soldiers grip," You will be set if the Avatar completes his challenges,"

We were held together, and a wall came down in front of us. Aang was there with the king. We were placed a ring made of crystal. It tightened immediately as the guard let go.

Those delightful rings are made of pure genomite. Also known as creeping crystals." Bumi explained. I observed the ring. Sokka and Katara tried pulling it off but they wouldn't budge.

"It's a crystal that grows remarkably fast," The king continued," By nightfall, your friends will be completely covered in it. Terrible fate, really. I can stop it, but only if you cooperate."

The rings sent a glow and grew a bit in the direction of my palm. I widened my eyes in shock.

"Ah! It's already creeping!" Sokka raised his voice.

I held my hand with the ring with my other hand as I looked to Aang.

"I'll do what you want." Aang said

>>>

We were led to a cave with a large waterfall and a key in the middle of it. We watched from above as Aang waited for instructions. The Earth King laughed mischievously in front of us.

The rings had already stretched to our forearms.

"It seems I've lost my lunch box key and I'm hungry," The king said loudly pointing at the waterfall,"Oh, there it is. Would you mind fetching it for me?"

Aang swiftly made it to the waterfall and ran in to grab the ladder.

"Oooh, climbing the ladder. No one's thought of that before." The king said sarcastically as Aang was thrown out by the pressure.

Aang flew up to the stalagmites jumping close to the waterfall. He barely could keep himself up with his small stature as he dived down, spinning himself for acceleration. He dove straight into the water but again. The pressure of the waterfall made him come straight down and out.

We all watched Aang struggling from above. It felt wrong to make him do this all by himself but we had no other choice. I watched as the crystal grew up to my shoulder.

"That's right, keep diving head in. I'm sure it'll work eventually." The king said.

Aang looked to the waterfall again. He broke the tip of the stalagmite and hurled it to the waterfall. He sent a gust of air to the piece of rock to add speed. It cut the chain making the key dangle in front of the king.

"There! Enjoy your lunch! I want my friends back now!" Aang yelled

"Uh, not yet. I need help with another matter. It seems that I've lost my pet Flopsy."

We were now in an open pit where a cute bunny was in the middle. Aang jumped down pointing at it.

"Okay, found him!" Aang announced

"Bring him to me!" The king replied, "Daddy wants a kiss from Flopsy."

"Come here Flopsy," Aang said slowly creeping up to the bunny

Then a giant creature swooped down scaring the bunny away. Aang flipped into the air avoiding the attack from the creature.

"Flopsy, wait!" Aang yelled going after the terrified bunny," Flopsy!"

Aang kept running away from the giant creature as the king laughed hysterically. But, something felt amiss. Aang was backed into a corner and shielded himself with his arms.

"Flopsy?" Aang asked the creature.

It sat down and wagged its tail. Flopsy then held Aang, giving him a lick.

"Flopsy!" Aang said happily petting the giant animal.

Okay then. That was something.

The king whistled for Flospy who ran to where we were. He rolled over falling on his back leaving his stomach open to pet.

Kind of cute? Maybe? Not really.

"Oh, that's a good boy," The kind cooed rubbing the beasts belly, "Yes, who has soft belly?!"

"Guys, are you okay?" Aang jumped up to us.

"Other than the crystals slowly encasing my entire body, doing great." Katara said

"Yea, I'm ready to be done with all this," I said in a small groan.

Sokka's crystal grew more to one side making him fall over. I watched him with an amused face.

"Must be rough," I said looking down at him 

"Don't," Sokka said glaring at me

"Come on. I'm ready for the next challenge," Aang said, making the king start laughing again.

"Your final test is a dual. And as a special treat, you may choose your opponent." The king explained

Two tall men walked in with weapons and armor in hand. Clearly they were intimidating Aang who seemed unsure of who to choose.

"Point and choose,"

So you're saying whoever point to, that's the person I get to fight?" Aang asked.

"Choose wisely." The king said

Aang's probably going to pick the king.

"I choose,, you." Aang said, pointing at the king.

Of course he did. Doesn't he know the craziest people should be the last option?

"Wrong answer." The king smirked, cracking his bones and straightening up.

The king ripped off his robe. He was fit. I sighed deeply. Everyone looked shocked as Aang was sent flying in the air by a stomp from the king.

The fight continued on and Aang avoided all the attacks.

"Typical air bender tactic, avoid and evade. I hoped the Avatar would be less predictable," The king said stomping up another boulder.

"Don't you have any surprises for me? Sooner or later, you'll have to strike back," Another boulder flew in the air hitting the wall. It made rubble come down and made Aang hit the floor. His staff went flying.

The king stomped up rocks from the floor trying to get Aang from a distance. He then hit Aang up by the stomach with a rock. Aang went on an air scooter and threw a large gust of wind. The king blocked it with a slab of earth. The king then sent a wave made of rocks kicking Aang down. Aang jumped the wall then grabbed his staff. Aang tried running towards the king but the king turned the floor to sand sinking Aang. Two boulders squished where Aang was but he managed to get out just in time. He sent a large gust of wind sending the king back hitting the wall. Another large boulder this time from the back, Aang just barely avoided it making head towards the king. The king turned the boulder to sand. Suddenly the entire platform on our left ripped out and was about to be thrown Aangs way. Aang made a swirl of sand making the platform get sucked in and thrown back where it came from.

"Ha ha well done Avatar," The king said, "You fight with much fire in your heart,"

The king threw the boulder he held to the side and came back up to where we were.

"You've passed all my tests. Now you must answer one question," The king said

"That's not fair! You said you would release my friends if I finished your tests!" Aang said annoyed

"Oh, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?"

"Oh come on!" Sokka whined as our faces were slowly being encased by the crystals

"Answer this one question and will set your friends free. What is my name?"

I widened my eyes opening my mouth slightly from the shock of that question.

"By the looks of your friends, I'd say you only have a few minutes." The king said walking away

"How am I supposed to know his name?" Aang asked us

"Think about the challenges! Maybe it's some kind of riddle!"

"I got it!" Sokka said excited

"Yeah?!" Aang asked.

"He's an earth bender right? Rocky! You know, because of all the rocks!"

I groaned loudly looking down.

"We're gonna keep trying, but that is a good backup," Katara encourages.

"No because that doesn't make any sense," I chimed in, "Look Aang what did the challenges have in common?"

"Okay, so back to the challenges. I got a key from a waterfall, saved his pet, and I had a duel," Aang said thinking hard.

"And what did you learn?" Katara asked.

"Well, everything was different than I expected,"

"And?" Katara said desperately. Another crystal grew pressing on her cheek.

"Well, they weren't straight forward. To solve each test, I had to think differently than I usually would." Aang smiled," I know his name."

"Good," I nodded at Aang," Now please. Tell him,"

"I solved the question the same way I solved the challenges. As you said a long time ago. I had to open my brain to the possibilities," Aang said as the king laughed hysterically.

"Bumi, you're a mad genius," Aang said.

"Oh Aang, it's good to see you. You haven't changed a bit. Literally."

"Uh, over here," Katara called out.

"Sorry to break up the hug but we need-" I said

"A little help!" Sokka finished as I nodded quickly.

Suddenly the crystal shattered, flying off of us. I sighed in relief as I gently hugged myself.

"Genomite is made of rock candy." Said King Bumi biting into the crystal.

"Hm," I picked up a small shard of the crystal and placed it in my mouth. It was really sweet. I tapped Sokka on the shoulder and shoved a piece in his mouth.

"Don't just shove things in my mouth!" Sokka argues but shuts up, taking in the flavor of the crystal.

"So this crazy king is your old friend Bumi?" Katara asked.

"Who you calling old?!" Bumi defended furrowing his brows. I raised my brow in his direction, "Okay, I'm old."

"Why did you do all of this instead of just telling Aang who you were?" Sokka asked

"First of all, it's pretty fun messing with people," King Bumi snorted out,"but I do have a reason."

"Aang, you have a difficult task ahead," He said facing his dear friend,"The world has changed in the hundred years you've been gone. It's the duty of the Avatar to restore balance to the world by defeating Fire Lord ozai. You have much to learn. You must master the four elements and confront the Fire Lord. And when you do, I hope you will think like a mad genius,"

Aang warmly smiled then bowed to King Bumi.

"And it looks like you're in good hands. You'll need your friends to help you defeat the Fire Nation." Bumi continued as Momo jumped on Aang taking a seat on his shoulder, "And you'll need Momo too."

"Thank you for your wisdom." Aang said in a bit of a chuckle "But before we leave, I have a challenge for you."

"Here we go again," I said shaking my head but a deep down I was excited.

Another ride on a cart down a chute until we crashed into the cabbage merchant was the final thing we did before leaving the great city of Omashu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 7.1K 40
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ғɪʀᴇ ❝ I'm not that stupid girl you led on before. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞...
90K 2.1K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...
742K 19K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
45.2K 1.2K 29
"You dare challenge the King!" He burst with fury in front of the teen. She would be lying if she said she wasn't shaking with fear for he was a grow...