If I Stay✔️

By ShanLivx

BOOK 2 L E O Two years have passed for Leo and his siblings and yet his heart breaking secrets remain hidden... More

1
C H A R A C T E R S
P L A Y L I S T
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43 - Jalex
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80 - part one
80 - part two
80 - part three
81
82
83| I've got you, brother
84 | i can be your hero baby
85 | seventeen going under
86
87
88| everything i wanted
89
90
91
92
93
94 | part one
94| part two
95
96: part 1| ELEO
96: part 2| ELEO
97| January 25th.
Future Book Info
BONUS: Prom Night [1]

23

7.4K 257 395
By ShanLivx

Trigger warning;
Mentions of drugs,
Violence | blood,
Suicidal thoughts.

Alex was always calm, always quiet, always overly observant. Despite his 'bad boy' image, as those at school would say, he didn't like conflict or violence.

Maybe that's why everyone gasped in shock as his fist collided harshly with Grey's jaw.

Grey stumbled at the impact, his back hitting the wall as warm crimson liquid leaked from his now split lip.

"Alex!" Zac gaped at his younger brother. "What the fuck, why did you hit him?"

Callan scoffed, "Cause he deserved it." Ace, Jack and the twins all nodded in agreement with his statement. Whilst Carter and Lily both stared at the table top, a look of guilt on each of their faces.

Alex raised an eyebrow at Zac, the look on his face saying 'really?'.

"Why did I hit him? Lemme see. First he spoke for us, which I really don't appreciate. I'm not disappointed in Leo, not one bit. I want to help him and support him, not belittle and embarrass him. If he has a drug problem then I want to know why and I'd like to get the answers by simply talking to him calmly, not ambushing him."

"Secondly, he stood up for Lily saying she didn't need to justify her actions, after she touched Leo during a panic attack. How is that fair? No offence Lil, but what did you expect? You were stupid to do it the first time, you should've learnt a lesson from that."

Lily looked down at Alex's words, she knew she'd done the wrong thing. All she wanted to do was comfort Leo, yet all she done was make everything so much worse.

"Alex, calm down bambino."

Ace scoffed, "Shut the fuck up Zac."

Alex spoke up again, giving Zac no time to respond to Ace.

"Thirdly, he clearly petrified Leo! Not only that but he left marks on his skin, bruises! Seriously Grey? You're a social worker yet you bruise your own blood? And out of all of us Leo is the one you hurt? He's the most fucking selfless of us all."

"Selfless?" Grey scoffed.

He didn't mean to hurt Leo, he'd never purposely harm his bambino, but he didn't understand how — in anyway shape or form — Leo was selfless.

"How the fuck is he selfless? He's been doing drugs Alex and I don't mean smoking pot like half of you already do! He's on hard fucking stuff, powder, pills, who knows he's probably injecting the shit too! How is that selfless, when one wrong batch could kill him? One wrong pill and he'd be gone, he'd leave us forever! Tell me Alex, go on."

"You can't see beyond black and white, can you? Did you ever think to ask yourself why he turned to drugs? Did you ever ask yourself why Leo's changed so much in the past year or so? Did you ever think that maybe were the problem?" Alex stated calmly. "Did you ever think that maybe you're the selfish one?"

Grey frowned, he didn't understand what Alex meant. How was he selfish?

"Don't act confused Grey." Alex shook his head. "You only care about how Leo's addiction effects you... did you ever think about how it effects him?"

"I don't only care about myself Alex." Grey stared at his younger brother in disbelief. "I love you all, I'd do anything for you, all of you. I gave up my fucking childhood to help raise you guys and this is the thanks I get? This is the thanks Zac gets? After everything we've done, Leo's thrown it all back in our face to what? Get high? Be reckless?"

"Fucking hell Grey!" Callan cut in, his voice cold as ice. "Did you listen to a word that Alex just said? Clearly not because you've literally just proved his point. Leo didn't ask for you to throw away your life to raise him, none of us did. Of course we all appreciate everything both you and Zac have done and still do for us, but you don't get to bring it up and use it against us."

"That's not what I'm trying to do Cal." Grey sighed loudly.

"Sure sounds like resentment to me." Ace added, snarling at Grey. How dare he bring up his lost childhood and try to pin the blame on them.

"I'm going to check on Leo," Killian announced, standing up from his seat. "He's been in the bathroom for a while. Can you all try and calm down before I get back? This is the last thing he needs."

Jack frowned unease growing in his stomach, he has been away for quite some time...

As Killian left, Zac finally spoke up. "Grey," He called out to his younger brother. "What you said isn't fair. None of them are to blame for
anything you've lost. They were kids, as were we. You need to grow up and stop holding in so much anger for things we can't change. Leo needs us more than ever and if you can't be there for him, then maybe you should go and stay with Dakota for a while."

"You're kicking me out?" Grey asked lowly, his hands trembling at Zac's words.

"No, I'd never kick you out. I'd never kick anyone out, but you need to get yourself together and if you staying with Dakota for a while is necessary for you to do that, then that's what I'd suggest. Leo needs to be the priority right now, and the way you're acting isn't helping anyone." Zac told him, his voice soft though his eyes were hard. "We've handled this whole situation terribly. As Alex just said, we ambushed him and then you hurt him. We need to make this right, but until you can see that how you acted was uncalled for... then I don't know how we'll be able to move past this."

Zac knew both he and Grey were wrong. He didn't want to force his younger brother out of the house, but Leo had to be his top priority.

"I'm not going." Grey paused, "Look, I know I shouldn't have hurt him, I honestly didn't mean to hold him as tightly as I did. I'd never purposely hurt any of you, especially Le. I'll make this right, I don't know how I'll do that but I promise you all that I will."

"Okay," Zac nodded slowly. "But Grey, one wrong move and you're going to Dakota's. Is that clear?"

Grey gulped, "Crystal."

Killian ran back into the room, a frantic expression on his face. "Leo... he... he."

"Kill, calm down. What's wrong with Le? Where is he?" Jack asked softly, though the worry was clear in his tone.

Killian stared at him with teary eyes. "He's not here, he's gone."

-

Leo walked around the darkened streets in a broken daze.

The parcel tongue hisses that tormented his mind grew louder and louder, repeating back to him every word his brothers' had spoken, taunting him to follow through with their never-ending list of demands.

Soon.

Leo had to do something first.

The rain grew heavier, a cold bitter chill wracked through Leo as the water soaked through his polyester shirt, causing goosebumps to arise on his reddened skin.

Not that Leo cared, he could barley feel it. The numbness he felt was nothing if not terrifying.

The branches snapped beneath his feet, whilst his shoes squelched with each and every step he took in the sludge like mud.

Almost there.

When Leo reached his destination, he exhaled a heavy sigh. Our treehouse. He really needed to see his Emmy right now.

Gripping the dirt covered discoloured white rope ladder, Leo hoist himself up. Tapping the small wooden doorway with their signature knock they had made at six-years-old, he waited for Emilio to unlock the latch.

"Le, mio amore." He greeted, holding his hand out towards Leo, which of course Leo took. After pulling Leo into their den, Emilio's eyes roamed his full drenched figure.

"Are you okay? I was hoping you'd come here. What happened when you got home? And why are you so wet? I mean not that I'm complaining, the shirt sticking to your skin is very very nice to look at and I really want to emphasise on the very part of that, but you're gonna catch a cold. Wait and I'll grab you a blank—"

A small smile made its way to Leo's lips at Emilio's rambling. "Emmy, I'm okay tesoro. Take a breath."

"Sorry, but let me get you a blanket." Emilio ushered Leo to the couch, "Here," Em wrapped the blanket tightly around him. "I'd suggest taking off your shirt, but I don't know how I'd cope in a confined space with you half naked."

Leo rolled his eyes. "You've managed perfectly fine many times before."

"Trust me, I haven't." Emilio winked, taking a seat beside Leo, his expression turned serious. "How did it go at home amore?"

Leo sighed, forcing a smile on his face he nodded slowly. "Everything was fine Em," He lied, he didn't want to burden Emilio with his problems. "Don't worry about it."

Emilio frowned at Leo's words, maintaining eye contact, he lifting his hand gently brushing his fingers across the hues of purple lingering on the younger boys cheek. "I always worry about you Le. Always."

Leo surprised them both by leaning into Em's touch, there faces mere inches apart as their eyes stayed glued to one another.

Emilio's eyes slowly darted to Leo's lips, an action the latter never missed. "Emmy."

"Mhm." Emilio hummed, the tension feeling thick. So very fucking thick.

"I love you, you know that... don't you?" He whispered, his face edging closer to Em's their noses brushing against one another.

"I love you more." Emilio moved his nose against Leo's softly.

"Sempre è per Sempre?"

Emilio grinned as the memory came to his mind, his fingers tightening on Leo's cheeks as he repeated back the same words.

"Sempre è per sempre amore. I did promise you that, didn't I?" He raised an eyebrow.

F L A S H B A C K
7 years ago.

"Emmy!" Eight-year-old Leo screamed as he ran towards his best friend.

Emilio unintentionally ignored him, his eyes fixated on the daisy chain between his small chubby fingers. He only had two flowers left to add and then the chain would be complete, he had to focus.

"Emmy!" Leo panted as he fell down onto the grass, "Why are you ignoring me?" He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest with a pout.

Emilio lifted his gaze, his grey eyes locking to Leo's angry blues. "I'm not ignoring you." He frowned, a smile making its way to his face as Leo's lips curved slightly. "Here," He handed the now finished daisy chain to his best friend. "I made this for you."

"For me?" Leo asked, gently taking the small flower chain. Emilio nodded, his hands nervously playing with the hem of his Ben 10 shirt. "Why? I don't have anything for you." Leo mumbled sadly.

"I made it for you 'cause you're my best friend Le Le. I don't need a gift back, having you is enough." Emilio told him honestly. He didn't expect anything back, he only wanted to see Leo smile.

He really liked it when Leo smiled.

Leo grinned, a flush of heat making its way to his cheeks at Em's words. Having Emilio was enough for him too. "Thank you, I love it." Leo whispered, his eyes never leaving the small chain. "I really really love it."

Emilio gave Leo a large toothy grin, his own cheeks flushing crimson. He was really scared that Leo wouldn't like his handmade gift. "Let me put it on you, c'mere." He ushered for Leo to sit with his back towards him.

"There we go." Em whispered as he attached the flowers around Leo's nape. "So pretty."

"Emmy?" Leo turned to his friend, tilting his head ever-so-slightly. "Do you like me?" He asked, his fingers toying with the flowers on his nape, whilst his eyes stayed glued to Emilio's.

"No," Emilio shook his head, his eyes widening as Leo's eyes turned sad. "I don't like you Le, I love you."

Leo exhaled a breathe of relief. "You scared me." He bumped his shoulder gently against Emilio's. "I love you more."

"No, no, no." Emilio shook his head rapidly, bumping his shoulder harder against Leo's as a warning. "That's would be impodible."

"It's impossible idiota, not impodible." Leo laughed. Taking their shoulder bumping competition up a level, he shoved Em harder than he intended, the force of his bump causing the older boy to tumble onto the grass. "Oh shit, I'm sorry Emmy, are you okay?" Leo asked frantically, quickly jumping to his feet before offering Emilio his hand.

"You said a bad word, I'm telling mama." Emilio threatened, his eyes gleaming with mischief as he reached for Leo's outstretched hand.

"No please don't," Mama B could be very very scary. "I was just worried."

As Emilio's hand latched to Leo's, he grinned victoriously. "Gotcha!" He laughed as Leo landed on the grass beside him with a light thud.

"Ouch!" Leo turned to glare at Emilio, though his glare was anything but scary, Em would often describe him as resembling a cute little kitten. "You're such a cheater!" He threw his hands up exasperated.

Emilio gasped, his hand giving Leo's ear a harsh tug. "Take that back!"

"Cheater, cheater, cheater." Leo rambled, a grin making its way to his face as Emilio's face grew red with annoyance.

"I won't love you anymore if you keep saying that." He pouted, stubbornly crossing his arms over his chest.

Leo stopped immediately, his eyes widening with fear. "No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! You're not a cheater."

"Good boy." Emilio grinned deviously, it worked every time. "I was only joking Le, I didn't mean it." He quickly added.

Leo always had to be reassured that Em wouldn't leave him and that he loved him. Emilio knew it was because of everyone the younger boy had lost in his life and he felt really guilty that he'd just used Leo's fear against him.

That wasn't fair.

"So you still love me, sì?" Leo mumbled shyly. He really didn't want Emilio to be angry with him and then leave him.

"Yeah obviously." Em rolled his eyes, wrapping his arms around Leo, he pulled the younger boy into a hug. "I'm sorry for saying that. I'll love you forever and always Le. I promise."

Leo hugged Emilio tighter. "Sempre è per sempre."

"Sempre è per sempre."

"Emmy?"

"What?"

Leo pulled back from the hug and stared at his best friend, his eyes glancing to Em's lips. "I seen Zac with his friend today."

Emilio tilted his head, he didn't see the point to this news. "Okay... and?"

"Do you want to kiss me?" Leo asked innocently, Zac's words repeating themselves in his mind.

Emilio blushed, "What? Um okay but why?"

"When I seen Zac, he was kissing his friend. I asked him why and he told me that if you really really like someone then you should kiss them. And I really really really love you so that's why."

Em puckered his lips towards Leo, his mouth resembling a pouty fish. "What are you doing?" Leo laughed loudly, poking his finger against Em's puffed cheeks.

Emilio frowned, "You said Zac told you that you only kiss someone if you really like them and we really love each other, so go on, kiss me." He puckered his lips once again.

"Okay." Leo shrugged, his face resembling Em's as he brought their pouty lips together.

They stared at each other with their lips moulded together, both boys unsure of what happens next.

"What do we do?" Em mumbled against Leo's lips.

"I don't know." Leo mumbled back.

Emilio frowned, he had seen Enzo kiss someone before... Copying his older brothers actions, he gently gripped Leo's cheeks between his palms, deflating his cheeks, he placed a gentle kiss on Leo's lips before pulling back.

"That was nice." Emilio admitted with a cheesy grin.

Leo blushed, returning Em's smile, he nodded slowly, "Yeah... nice."

P R E S E N T

"You did." Leo smiled softly. "No matter what happens Em, I just need you to know that you're my best friend and I love you. Never forget that, okay?" He placed his hand over Emilio's, that was still caressing his cheek.

Em frowned, his hand tightening on the younger boys cheek. He didn't like the way Leo was speaking, it almost felt like... "Le... why does this sound like a—"

Leo cut him off, his blue eyes boring into his greys. "Do you want to kiss me?" He asked, repeating the same words he'd spoke all those years ago.

"I always want to kiss you amore." Emilio admitted without a hint of hesitation.

"Kiss me Emmy," Leo whispered. "Please."

One last time.

"Are you sure?"

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life." Leo admitted honestly, dropping his forehead against Em's.

Emilio brushed there noses once again, his eyes never straying from Leo's as he slowly connected their lips together. The scent of lavender immediately greeting him as his mind and mouth became captivated by all things Leo.

Leo's trembling hand gripped Emilio's tighter, the touch bringing him a sense of safety, helping him to escape from the never-ending demons in his mind.

Just for a moment, always just a moment.

Leo surprised them both as his tongue gently brushed against Em's lips, the older boy complying immediately. Their tongues never battled, only dancing together as they breathed each other in. Both so lost and consumed by the taste of each other.

Their kiss was nothing like Leo had ever experienced before, it was delicate, soft and sweet, all wrapped up with a hint of burning passion. It was perfect, it was wanted.

Leo's eyes brimmed with unshed tears as a thousand butterflies invaded in stomach, he wanted nothing more than to hold onto this feeling forever.

This is how it's meant to be.

This is how he was meant to feel.

Emilio's fingers caressed his cheek, so tenderly that Leo could feel so much emotion pouring from that one single touch, it was so gentle, loving and innocent, all filled with a sense of longing.

The the world around them was long forgotten as they became completely captivated by each other.

Emilio had only one word to describe their shared moment; perfect.

As they slowly parted, Em rested his forehead against Leo's, taking the time to bask in the moment he'd always dreamed for.

"That was..."

"Perfect." Leo completed his sentence, using the exact word Emilio would have.

"Yeah," Em sighed softly, a dazed smile gracing his lips. "Absolutely fucking perfect."

"There ain't no love like ours Emmy." Leo whispered, his voice choked with so much emotion that Em could feel his own tears manifesting.

He pulled Leo into his embrace, hugging him tightly as he whispered, "Ti amo mio amore."

"I love you more."

-

After spending close to twenty minutes wrapped in Emilio's warmth, Leo gently pulled away.

"I should get going." Leo sighed shakily.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry...

"Okay amore," Emilio mumbled softly, he really didn't want Leo to leave, no matter how much time they spent together, it was never enough.

"Don't look so sad Emmy," Leo brushed his thumb along his best friends cheek. "Remember what I said earlier, no matter what happens, I'll always love you."

"I know Le," Emilio frowned, laying his hand over Leo's as he . "Are you sure you're okay?"

Leo willed himself to smile. "I'm fine," He kissed Emilio's cheek softly. "See you later Emmy."

He couldn't bring himself to say goodbye, not when he knew this one would mean forever.

Leo pulled back, offering Em a small wave as he made his way out of the treehouse.

Something didn't feel right in Emilio's gut, his once butterfly filled stomach, now filled with a sense of unease.

After sitting for five minutes, Em decided to follow Leo, he just couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. As he stood from the small sofa bed, a folded piece of paper fell to the floor.

Em glanced at the paper in confusion, the name Emmy scribbled neatly across the centre.

"What the fuck..." He mumbled to himself, unfolding the sheet before reading the small note intently.

As his eyes took in each and every word on the page, Em dropped to his knees, his heart breaking as realisation set in.

"No, no, no." He mumbled, pulling himself from the floor, he practically jumped from the treehouse, chasing after Leo all whilst praying he wasn't too late.

-

My Emmy,

There's no words on this earth to justify just how deeply I love you.

I'm sorry that I need to do this, but I can't stay here, not anymore.

For years I've longed to be normal, to be the best version of myself I can be, to make you all proud... but lately, all I've been is a failure, a disappointment, a burden to you and to my siblings.

None of you deserve that.

If I stay, all I'd do is hold you back and you don't deserve that. You deserve the world Emilio and as much as I wish I could be the one to hand it to you. I can't.

Promise me that you'll be happy? That you won't spent your life wondering what if?

I'll be free now Emmy. I'm finally doing something that I want to do.

I love you, always and forever.
Sempre è per sempre.

Forever yours, Leo.

***

End of chapter 23

Eleo❤️

Who's cutting onions?

Vote, comment (pls I really love all your comments!!) and follow!
Lots of love💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 5.4K 82
Even though I'm a mess and I still don't think I'm good enough for him, I want to date him. I haven't managed to scare him off with my panic attacks...
67.1K 1.9K 45
(Silently Drowning Series - Book Two) Maybe that's it. We eventually go numb; because you can't break a heart that's already broken. Maxwell Augustu...
135K 7.4K 44
Read Broken Hearts and New Beginnings before reading this book. This is the 2nd part of the story. Book two of the New Moon Series Jake is about to...
56.3K 4.6K 33
'How have you changed this much?' 'Where is the boy I fell for all those time and still in love with?' 'What could have happen so wrong to take away...