Pretty Reckless โ”โ” Derek Hale...

Par Monrox

[COMPLETED] โIt was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.โž All teenagers dealt... Plus

PRETTY RECKLESS โœ“
| ZERO: Darker than Death โœ“
| ONE: Lingering Gazes โœ“
| TWO: Transition โœ“
| THREE: Beating Hearts โœ“
chapter four | web of lies
chapter five | hot girls and car wrecks
chapter six | a little taste
chapter seven | ptsd
chapter eight | seducing a stilinski
chapter nine | impulse under pressure
chapter ten | heart of stone
chapter eleven | werewolves and alcohol don't mix
chapter twelve | sugar lips and harsh words
chapter thirteen | bite to the dust
chapter fourteen | miguel juarez
chapter sixteen | words before threats
chapter seventeen | panic on the rise
chapter eighteen | howls at night
chapter nineteen | the perfect shot
sequel.

chapter fifteen | the huntress and the wolf

39.6K 1K 163
Par Monrox

15 // Chapter Filth-teen

The Huntress and the Wolf

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clara and Allison walked side-by-side through the forest while Lydia was following behind, obviously not used to walking in the woods with heels. She found it stupid that Lydia would consider wearing heels when they were going into the woods. But then again, Allison hadn't exactly gave them a heads-up.

"Allison - When you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping - a five - mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia exhaled, already losing her even breathing pattern considering they've been walking for a while. Not that Clara minded the creepy walks or the long time consuming running but considering she was hanging out with an Argent who had something large in a duffel bag was not really giving her optimism.

Allison ignored her comment, "Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Then a mischievous and almost satisfied smirk grew on her lips which made Clara even more suspicious of the huntress's motives, "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

Clara' eyes widened as she almost chocked on her own spit. Lydia herself seemed surprised as her voice grew a high pitch, "Did he?"

"Hm. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Allison explained but still not feeling remorse towards Lydia. Not that Clara could blame her. Lydia made-out with Scott just after him and Allison broke up, not to mention the fact she was with Jackson. That's like girl code law, a law Clara really wish didn't exist.

Granted, Clara did make-out with Jackson while he was with Lydia but Lydia made out with Scott so it squared it out evenly.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." The strawberry blonde added but her voice spoke as if she was warning Allison.

"Well, yeah I mean-" The Argent chuckled humorlessly before growing seriousness mixed in with a bit of anger, "It's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything."

Lydia paused for a moment, her mouth gaping open slightly, "Yeah, about that..."

"What does that do?" Lydia asked nervously as her and Clara watch Allison attached something to the top of her arrow.

"We're about to find out."

Clara knew exactly what it was; it was a flash grenade that hunter use to blind werewolves. The blindness only last for less that a minute but damn it was annoying. The werewolf knew that she was not going to like anything that would happen in the next few minutes when she saw Allison pull out her bow and arrow. This was a red danger zone for her and Clara could not be more nervous or cautious for that matter.

Allison stood up carefully and positioned her arrow, pulling it back firmly. The hunter then released the arrow and it soared through the clearing of the forest until landing into a tree. Sparks exploded immediately. Clara watched the sparks die down, almost feeling the rush of power yet curiosity that was flowing through Allison. Clara almost found it amusing; the fast that a wolf like herself was watching a hunter shoot.

Lydia let out a gasp of air, her eyes wide with shock, "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know." Allison responded back.

"Well-" Lydia clapped before stepping forward, "that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

Everyone froze once they heard the crackling of leaves in the not-so-far distance. For a spit second, Clara considered it was Peter. After finding out Peter was the Alpha, Derek joined his side. At first Clara couldn't even believe it until Scott claimed that him and Peter came to see him to convince Scott to join the pack and help Peter kill people. Clara hasn't seen Derek since and wasn't sure if she wanted to.

The three girls glanced around nervously, wondering what or whom was making the sound. Allison then turned her bow towards Lydia, "Hold this."

Since Lydia flinched away, looking at the bow like it was something infected or mutated, Clara grabbed the bow. "Why?"

"Because I thought I heard something." Allison answered in a hush tone.

"So - what if you heard something?" The strawberry blonde questioned.

"So - I want to find out what that something is. Don't worry. It's probably nothing." Allison tried to reassure as she began to walk forward.

"Well, what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?" Lydia rambled, Clara's face twisting into confusion as she tried to process what the hell Lydia was saying.

Allison stopped, her voice stern and strong, "Shoot it."

As Allison continued to walk away, Lydia whimpered and Clara glanced around, trying to find a scent. She found it, oh boy did she find it. Turns out the mysterious sounds they heard was a certain crooked jaw, lovesick puppy who "happened" to stumble upon them. Clara chuckled quietly to herself, finding it almost pathetic yet romantic that Scott was still fighting for one girl.

Clara turned her head to see Lydia was still scared out of her mind. She nudged her arm, "Don't worry. I know how to shoot a bow and arrow."

Back in the day, when her parents were still alive, her father had taught her how to use weapons. While Clara found it pointless that she had to learn how to use weapons, since everyone has nails and she has claws, her father had said it was for incidents where she couldn't have her werewolves abilities to save her. Clara couldn't think of a situation on the top of her head, who knows what could happen.

"You do?"

"Totally. I can also sniff out animals but we don't need to talk about that right now."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clara stared at herself in the mirror, shifting to one foot to another as her eyes looked up at her reflection. Since winter formal was coming up, Clara was finally trying on the dress she had picked out. The dress was short, coming down mid-thigh and was completely white. Usually when it came to dances or parties, Clara would wear something black or seductive, something that would lure boys from miles away.

But it was different now; she was dating someone and to be honest, Clara wasn't exactly in the "flirty" mood. The dress had lace patterns all over with a black belt that surrounded her waist. She was also planning on wearing a black cardigan at the dance. For once, while looking into the mirror, Clara saw someone different. A girl who wasn't a werewolf or cold hearted, a girl who actually looked innocent.

"Wow."

Clara whipped around and saw Derek standing at the other end of the bed. A genuine smile was stretched across his lips and an unfamiliar look of happiness was in his eyes as he slowly walked towards her, "You look-"

He was cut off by Clara's hand roughly slapping him, his head snapping the side. He rose his eyebrows, "I was going to say beautiful, but-"

"What the hell were you thinking!" Clara hissed at him, her voice growing angry and loud, "Siding with Peter. The murderous Alpha who killed innocent people and your sister!"

"I know you're upset." Derek glanced at the ground, his tone surprisingly soft.

Clara scoffed, "Upset? I am furious! What were you thinking?"

"He threatened you." Derek snapped his eyes to meet hers, a stern look plastered on his face.

Her face dropped, shock taking over, "What?"

"He said if I didn't join the pack then he would kill you." Derek explained, not meeting her eyes once again until he spoke his last sentence: "And I couldn't let that happen."

For a moment, Clara was silent. She knew if was hard for Derek to admit to her or anyone his true emotions. So she swiftly grabbed behind his neck and kissed him deeply. Derek kissed back slowly before gently touching her waist.

"Thank you." She whispered as she pulled away, "You're still an idiot but that's nice."

Derek leaned against her forward, a conflicted look plastered across his face, "I've gotta go."

Clara followed him quickly as he started to head towards her open window, "Where?"

"I've gotta do something with Jackson." Derek noticed the worried expression on his girlfriend's face, "I'm not going to hurt him."

With that last sentence and a brief kiss on the forehead, Derek left. But Clara was already on her way to call Scott. Derek lied to her. All because his heartbeat was unsteady.

"Scott." Clara said over the phone, "Derek's gonna kill Jackson."

~ ~ ~ ~

"Look around you! Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. There is a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares that you're captain of the lacrosse team!"

"Excuse me." A voice said from above. Derek and Jackson looked up and saw Scott standing at the top of the stairs, "Co-captain."

He then jumped down and landed in between of Jackson and Derek, immediately shifting into his wolf form. Derek shifted as well, roaring loudly at Scott. Clara then ran in from the back door, standing in her human form by the staircase. Derek adverted his eyes to her, breathing heavily and bearing his fangs. His expression and the low growl was almost like saying "stay away".

"Move." Derek sneered at Scott.

"No."

"Fine. I'll kill you too."

Suddenly, something came flew through the window.

"Cover your eyes!"

Clara screwed her eyes shut and swiftly turned her head away, hearing the sounds of people shooting the house. A large hand clasped down on her arm and tugged her to the ground, leaning against the wall in a crouched position. Derek was next to her, still in his wolf form.

She looked over and saw Scott against one of the dressers, black blood spurting out of his mouth and stomach, blue smoke coming from his bullet wound.

"Scott, go!" Derek yelled but Scott was too focused on the agonizing pain from his stomach.

Derek hesitantly glanced over at Scott until rushing over to him. He grabbed Scott and pushed him down the hallway, Scott stumbling away. Derek then ran over to Clara, "Go!"

"Derek!"

"Go now!" He loudly pleaded. Seeing as she had no choice, Clara ran to the back of the house and out of the front door. That's when she saw Scott, his blood bleeding through his tee-shirt and blood pouring out of his mouth, barely able to walk.

Clara hurried over to him, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around her neck. Since Scott's weight was about three times the size of Clara's. Even though she was a werewolf, her strength was helping. Scott couldn't even hold himself up, much less walk.

"Come on Scott." Clara said softly.

But Clara couldn't hold on anymore. Scott fell onto the ground on his back with a thud. He lied their, completely helpless, with black blood dripping down his cheeks and neck, pale skin and chest heaving from the lack of air.

Clara got down on her knees and carefully lied Scott onto her lap, pushing his messy hair out of his face, "Scott-" Her voice was weak and tears streamed down her face, "You're gonna be okay."

Scott said nothing but stare in a daze at the sky, his eyes clouded with fear and pain as he whispered, "Allison."

Chapter 15 is here and episode ten! And yes the white dress is the dress that Clara will wear at the winter formal.

~ ~ ~ Monrox (Katie)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

14.9K 647 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
22.2K 699 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...
3.2K 63 12
{stiles stilinski ff} Rose Martin is just like any other teenager; she worries about her grades, thinks about her outfit choices in too much detail a...
10.4K 371 28
๐ŸŽต ๐™จ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐ŸŽต Months before the pack graduates and leaves beacon hills behind, they are left with one last remi...