The Souleater (Tamaki Amajiki...

By Turtle-Rabbit

Soulmate AU A world of not only quirks, soulmates also existed. However, only in less than one percent of the... More

Disclaimer
2. If Only...
3. The Day Everything Changed
4. Intertwined Fates
5. Intoxicating Memories
6. In the Unknown
7. Aftermath
8. Soulmate Tattoo's
9. Romeo y Julieta
10. Found Love
11. Destined Star-Crossed Lovers
12. A Glimpse into Tako's Life
13. Falling Apart and Coming Together
14. The Big-3 Family Dynamic
15. I'll Be There for You
16. Deprived Desires
17. Soulmate Bond
18. The Middle Realm
19. Found My Forever
20. Nothing Else but You
21. The Sun's Unrequited Affection
22. Cursed Soul Bearer
23. Fly With Me To the Stars
24. Kindred Spirits
25. Lost In You
26. Condemned Spirits
27. The Wrath of His Love
28. Worlds Colliding
29. Lingering Despair

1. Soul Marks and Mate Marks

905 30 4
By Turtle-Rabbit

       In this already crazy world of quirks, that only 80% of the population had. Soulmates also existed. However, unlike quirks. Soulmates only appeared in less than 1% of the world. A very rare and unheard-of occurrence. They were still new, and not many things were known of this phenomenon. Data collected around the world, since this all started, was very minimal. Which meant soulmates had to figure out things on their own as they went along their bond.

Of course, it was the typical, colors would be brighter, giving a euphoric feeling when with each other. Some could write in each other's skin and appear on the other as a tattoo. Some could even hear their thoughts and feel each other's emotions. The red thread theory also existed – hearing music, and many more other instances, which not all have been documented.

There were even those unlucky ones, who could feel physical pain.

However, not all soulmates experienced the same thing. Just like quirks, there were different variations of what people felt, heard, saw, and tasted. What they experienced – not one could be said was better than the other. And the unusual part, unlike the quirk, was the soulmate marks didn't appear until one turned twenty-one. So, one wouldn't know if they were part of the less than 1% until they turned, of what doctors called, soulmate age.

The surprising fact was how the marks were different from the typical fairytale marks fantasized throughout history. These soulmate marks were all the same on soulmates. Astonishingly, soulmates weren't known just as soulmates. No, that's what people were called as a pair.

Individually, they were known as the soul mark bearer and the mate mark bearer.

Usually, the soul mark bearer had a white mark, and the mate bearer had a black mark. And they were the only ones who could see each other's marks. It wouldn't be visible to anyone else. Even though the marks all looked the same on everyone, only those who were pairs could see each other's marks on their skin. The only reason why it was known to the world, was because of how much research was done on soulmates.

Researchers didn't understand why this phenomenon just like the quirk itself, first appeared in China. The first ever soulmate pair came to light in this country, and then after that, people who turned twenty-one began to get these marks all around the world. When someone turned twenty-one and did not receive a mark, it was clear that later on, a mark would not appear.

Just like quirks, the host either got a mark or not. It was impossible for it to appear at a later age.

It became clear early on, how the soul mark bearer was more important out of the pair from the years of research. However, that didn't mean the mate was not important. On the contrary, the mate bearer helped to keep the soul marked bearer sane. Unfortunately, for the mate. Researchers found that once a mate died, the soul mark bearer could continue out living without its counterpart.

Though they would never be the same again – mentally.

They wouldn't get another mate; they were a once in a lifetime opportunity. However, unlike for the mate bearer if the soul bearer died first. The mate would die along with them.

There were many skepticisms of what this meant.

How was it possible that only one part was more important than the other? There were many talks, and conspiracy theorist. However, no one has ever figured out why?

Why was it that the soul mark bearer could survive without its mate? But the mate couldn't survive without the soul mark bearer?

Sure, the person holding the soul mark, would lose their mind. Still, not their life unlike the mate.

It was something that always troubled Y/n and what started the mess with her mate to begin with.

Y/n Hado – Yes, from the Hado family who was famous not only in Japan but also Mexico, where their family roots came from. Was a very wise, intellectual, and a caring individual. The young woman was also the heir to the legacy her father's ancestors built.

Unlike her younger sister Nejire Hado. Y/n inherited every aspect of her father's lineage quirk.

Nejire, unfortunately only inherited some aspects of the quirk, not all. She definitely looked the part; what with the color of her hair – periwinkle blue, and the way her quirk worked. Even through her personality she resembled the quirk of her family. However, she was only gifted with energy golden waves in her quirk.

Unlike Y/n, who gained all the aspects of the butterfly quirk.

A quirk that's been passed down through genes from generations to those born into their lineage. It was a well-respected and praised quirk in the eyes of the citizens of Mexico. It was part of their culture, and they took pride in that. Most of the heroes from Mexico who were well known outside of the country had a butterfly quirk, distant family members of the Hado family – who were the originators of the butterfly quirk.

The Hado's being the most respected of them all. Being one of the many clans, who held the butterfly quirk in their ancestry.

Regrettably, this created a sort of rivalry between the sisters throughout their life. Since Nejire did not have the butterfly quirk like her sister did. The rivalry always came more from her, because of how their father favorited Y/n. And it's not like Y/n didn't try to work around their parents' mistakes, because she did. She was always attentive to Nejire, always giving her what she wanted. Spending time with her, that their father and mother did not give.

Being the person to love her the most out of their dysfunctional family.

Even when Y/n was always sent to Mexico to train her quirk, she always managed to bring Nejire with her. Because she didn't want to cast a shadow over her, and she didn't want to leave her behind. Leave her forgotten.

The h/c haired young woman was no fool to how cruel their parents, mainly their father, was to Nejire. Something that was a problem in the Hado house. And it's not like, their mother was in the picture to help the Hado girls. No, she would show up every once in a while, only to leave them once again with their father, who was a terrible man.

Attempting to control everything the girls did. Mainly Y/n, because in his eyes, she's supposed to surpass him and become greater than he is. Training her to the bone, and not letting her have many friends. Control every step and decision in her life. Trying to keep her in cage, which he did most of her young life.

All because of the butterfly quirk lineage, there was a barrier between the girls' relationship. One getting more attention from her family for the wrong reasons – expectations always pushed to be met, while the other was shunned and forgotten.

Y/n was sure if Nejire had been the one to inherit the wings, the poison, and many more other aspects. Their father would keep Nejire in an altar. Like he attempted to keep Y/n. Though that "praise" always came with consequences – scars and bruises, severe anguish.

And even though Nejire, did lash out at her sometimes, Y/n never resented her sister. She loved her – a bond which she tried to save every time there was an issue. When they were little, Nejire always clung to her. Because her sister was the only one who showed her kindness in their family. Always covering up for their parents horrible treatment towards the younger Hado. Making her understand there was nothing wrong with her, just that ugly people existed in this world and sometimes unfortunately, it's seen at home first.

As they got older however, Nejire began to notice the unfairness she was treated with, only done at the hands of their parents and other family members. And even though it never came from Y/n, it was hard not to lash out at the person who did cast a shadow over her, even if she did not mean to. Because Y/n existing and being the perfect child that their father wanted, was the reason why Nejire was treated the way she was.

Furthermore, contrary to how Nejire treated her sister at times. Y/n understood why the periwinkle haired young woman felt like an outcast in their own family. Every time there was an argument between the two, the older girl would give her the space she needed until she was ready. When Nejire knew she did wrong she would apologize, and Y/n would take her with open arms.

In their biological family, they only had each other.

As they got older, their relationship sure did get better, once Nejire came to terms that it was not her older sister's fault. It was not her fault that some parents, should not be parents at all. Understanding that being the top daughter of the Hado family, didn't just come with the name, but it came with beatings and mistreatment behind closed doors. Beatings even sometimes Y/n would take for her younger sister when she did not do well or meet crazy expectations. Accepting her punishment, as their father saw fit.

Y/n and Nejire had an unbreakable bond, because of how they both suffered in that house. Mentally and physically. However, their relationship did have its cracks because of the resentment lying underneath. It was like that for years, until the older Hado decided that enough had been enough in her high school years, and she got out of her father's grasp and made a name for herself. Got a place of her own at such a young age, became a pro-hero through hard work, refusing to use any help from her father. Proving to him, that she did not need him or the last name. Making him change and begin to walk around eggshells when it came to his daughter's.

Their sisterhood, sure did get better after that.

However, two days ago. It's as though the growth had been blown away. The trust that took years to build, shaking to its core. Even though their growth had bloomed in an already shaky monument, Y/n never quit... Still, that didn't matter.

For this argument involved another person, and no it was not his fault. For the sisters started this mess for their own reasons.

All because of soulmates. Their relationship was in the rocks yet again.

However, Y/n would not deter... she was determined to save whatever was left of their relationship. Even if it killed her from the inside-out of who her mate was, who really belonged with her. Because unfortunately, as she saw it more of curse than a blessing. Y/n was one of the less than 1% who was gifted with a soulmate mark.

The one person she never gave up on, until this whole mess of soul marks and mate marks appeared on them both. The person who held her heart whole heartedly. The one she lied to, to save them from all this fucked up mess, who deserved the entire world, who she adored.

How she wished these mark's never appeared on them. How badly did it burn and hurt her soul each time they were away from each other. Heart breaking each time they were in each other's vicinity and not truly call him, hers. Even just the thought of him, made her want cave in on herself. However, this was necessary. Her pushing him away, on purpose, needed to be done to save him from this curse.

At least that's what she made herself believe, what she thought was right.

Out of everyone in this world, she wanted to give him everything. Even though it couldn't be the one thing, they both wanted – they both needed.

Each other.

Blinking her tears away, Y/n finished the last touches of her make-up, adding accents to hide her sorrow. Sitting on the wooden stool with a heavy heart, and staring at her reflection on the vanity set of the guest room she stayed in. Getting ready to join the guest's downstairs, who were waiting outside for the ceremony to begin at any minute.

Breathe... please breathe... everything will be okay. Y/n silently begged her mind to somehow take control of her heart, take control of the heavy knot that always formed in her throat when she thought of him. It was a constant mantra she would repeat to herself when she was ready to say fuck it all and run away with him.

Y/n always put his wellbeing above everyone else. Especially her own. He was the only person she might put above her sister, the only one who she would suffer for willingly, the way she was doing right now. Suffering for the past two years.

As she thought of all her troubles. The h/c haired young woman contemplated her life as she looked at the mirror again, smoothing out her tight fitted dress. Staring at the color that reminded her of him, remembering all those wonderful memories of adventures they had. Rather than on the gnawing misery that was eating at her from within. Ignoring the tears brimming in her eyes, pretending that everything was okay.

Always pretending.

The dress was a beautiful shade. The perfect shade for the occasion she was getting ready for. Everything about her looked perfect even though on the inside she was hurting and forcing a smile.

Hearing the distant chatter from outside – getting louder, Y/n got up and reigned in her misery. She could push through today, she had to. She just needed to rip the band-aid and get this over with. After today everything would be different, the pain would hopefully be a little less.

"I can do this."

Yes, she would fight for her sister even if it meant literally losing a part of herself.

Her mate. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 510 20
Your pov "I am jokers and Harley Quinn BABY GIRL SOOO YOU ARE DEADPOOL AND HE IS SPIDERMAN ." I said with a surprise face after they told me their n...
87.7K 2.7K 20
Werewolf!Zoro X Reader °All characters belong to Oda and all rights for one piece are his and what not. I don't own One Piece just the story, I also...
69.8K 2.4K 51
A modern day angel summoning goes horribly wrong when a demon shows up in his place, claiming this was all on purpose. The demon, being several centu...
144K 4K 72
Y/n Midoryia the daughter of the number one hero, Izuku (Deku) Midoryia. ~~~~~ " Hi? Is this the Midoryia house?" " Why yes, what do you need? "...