Kya Maiden of the Sea Book 1...

Od Stormweaver224

Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being mi... Viac

Kya
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Book 2

Chapter 6

11.9K 269 84
Od Stormweaver224

My eyes shot open, remembering the events before I passed out. A sharp piercing pain infiltrated my head as I shot up from the bed I was in. Causing me to come back crashing down. I waited as the room slowed its spinning, placing a hand on my forehead. I sat up straight. I noticed a bandage on my left arm.

It better not scar. I sighed. Observing the room, a living quarters, not a cell. Why am I here? I looked at the Fire Nation symbols that draped the room. Ugh, my face emptied emotions as I took in my situation.

I slowly walked towards the door. I pushed it slightly only to realize it really is open. I looked to the sides of the entrance. No one here? Am I really not even a threat in my state? I guess not considering they've left me completely unguarded. I also did pass out.

I made my way up to the deck and saw the old man from yesterday. He was sitting alone at a small table drinking something I could only assume would be tea.

"I see you are awake, would you like some nice hot jasmine tea?" He offered politely. I shook my head but he started pouring the steaming liquid anyway.

"Don't worry dear, my tea is the best on the ship." He chuckled at his own little joke. I exhaled sharply, glaring at him.

"Please sit down, your burn is still recovering. You should not be exerting yourself so much. You could pass out again" He noted offering the cup in front of me.

I sat across from the old man hesitantly. I nodded my head in respect for the tea. I brought the cup to my lips. Taking a small sip, it was warm. It filled my empty pit of a stomach with warmth. The old man stared at me, assuming I would give a response.

"It's warm," I cleared my throat.

He chuckled, seemingly pleased enough with my response. As he observed my face. Does he know that I'm most expressive in my eyes?

"That was quite the impressive water bending displayed yesterday for such a young girl. I doubt you had a master, I wonder how you did it?" The man spoke his thoughts out loud. I didn't want to respond. I couldn't. They could use it against me.

Stares piercing through the back of my head, my sides, well everywhere. Soldiers. Him.

"What are you doing out of the room?!" He asked angrily. I ignored him, as I watched his reflection in the cup of tea I held.

"Answer me!" He yelled once more. I kept ignoring him,"Ugh!"

"Calm down Prince Zuko." The man said.

The Fire Nation prince? What's he doing all the way down here?

"She shouldn't be allowed to roam freely while we are surrounded by water!" Zuko yelled again. He shot arrows with that stare of his. I set the cup that I barely even took a sip of back down.

Clunk

"You must think I'm some glorified dumbass I wouldn't sink the only ship around. Prince Zuko." I gritted, looking in front of me before turning to lock eyes with him. I have never been outwardly angry in my life, now I feel it. I just want to chew this guy out.

"Don't mock me! You Water peasant!" Scarface shouted.

I stood up coldly glaring at him. The tension between us grew without me uttering another word. My body language told the whole story.

"Being angry at each other, it will not solve anything." The old man said. Trying to diffuse the situation. He's nice enough. For Fire Nation. It was off putting

"Prince Zuko," The man said. Zuko scoffed in response, turning around violently and leaving.

"There is more ointment in the room you woke up in. Your burn will not scar if you apply it often." He quickly said.

"Thank you," I responded. Giving a grateful look. I didn't expect this level of hospitality. Still shitty but hey something is something.

"Iroh," He replied with a smile, before hurrying after the angry prince.

>>>

I spent most of the time in the room I was given. Sorting my thoughts out before I went into a downwards spiral, I couldn't afford that here. After calming down again I carefully opened the door. No one was there again. I walked out looking around to realize we were docked, surrounded by Fire Navy ships. Sizes were significantly comparable to the one I was on. I curiously observed my surroundings.

"Wait! What are you doing out of your room?!"Questioned a guard following me.

I kept walking as if I didn't hear him. I saw Iroh and Zuko. As I tried to get closer to hear what they were discussing. A hand was placed on my shoulder. Stopping me in my tracks.

"I told you to wait," The guard said.

"What is the meaning of this?" Zuko grumbled glaring at me. I kept eye contact with him.

"Sorry sir, she stepped away from the room for a moment." I breathed out a chuckle, there was no one there to begin with.

"Good morning." Iroh smiled at me.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking around.

"Just getting some repairs done." The old man said, I turned around and made a face when I saw the ship, the events of what happened raced through my head. Remembering that if the ship doesn't get fixed soon the more time it'll take me to find my family. Wherever they may be right now.

"I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail."

I trailed behind them. Zuko abrupt turned around to me.

"Do you know where he's headed?" He interrogated.

I stared at him in silence. I watched and he physically grew more and more angry. His breathing became louder. Loud enough for me to hear even though we were a few feet apart. I kept face, until the moment he almost snapped. Not even a minute passed. He was short tempered. That was all too clear from the past couple days. It's amusing to mess with him, he snaps at everything.

"I wouldn't be sticking around if I did." I retorted in a low voice but assuring he heard.

"Guards bind her! I will not allow some Water Peasant roam freely!" He grumbled in frustration as he turned back around and continued to walk.

"Well screw you too." I said coldly. He turned to glare at me. Neither of us broke our silent anger filled exchange.

The guards grabbed me and tied my wrists together in front of me. Pulling me forward as they tightened it roughly. Great another who knows how long of being uncomfortable. I exhaled loudly as my burn was still a bother when it came to moving my arms. But they didn't care about that.

"Keep quiet too. Who knows, maybe someone will want to buy you once they get a good look at you," He threatened

I just starred.

"I'm sure we'll find the Avatar" Iroh said to diffuse the growing tension once again but Zuko quickly cut him off.

"Don't mention his name on these docks." He said,"Once word gets out that he's alive, every fire bender will be out looking for him. And don't want anyone getting in the way."

"Getting in the way of what? Prince Zuko?" I looked past the two infront of me as they turned. I observed the conversation that I bystanded to.

Zuko turned around facing the man. "Captain Zhao."

"It's Commander now." The man said. Clearly the two seemed to not like each other, "And General Iroh. Great hero of our nation."

A general, I feel like I've heard of him. Maybe from my dad. I couldn't connect the dots. General Iroh, my mind searched for the recollection of that name. Nothing.

"Retired, General." Iroh bowed.

"The Fire Lord's brother and son are welcomed guests any time." Zhao said, then looked over at me. He scanned my body. The ragged water tribe clothing I wore. "I see you brought a young girl from the Water Tribe. I'll tell my men to get more suitable clothing for her. A young girl shouldn't roam around with clothes in that condition" He leaned uncomfortably close. Zuko cleared his throat, causing Zhao to continue, "What brings you to my harbor?"

"Our ship is being repaired." Iroh replied, motioning to the ship.

"That's quite a bit of damage." Zhao pointed out. He glanced at me. I was getting uncomfortable. Something is off.

"Yes, you wouldn't believe what happened." Zuko replied, making the Commander avert his gaze. "Uncle! Tell Commander Zhao, what happened!"

"Yes! I will do that." Iroh said and I waited for their tell tale lie to begin. "It was incredible!"

"What, did we crash? Or something?," Iroh whispered to Zuko

"Yes! Right into an Earth Kingdom ship." Zuko answered with emphasis. They were horrible liars. I hid my internal laughter.

Zhao glanced at me eerily once more. I felt like gagging. "You must regale me with all the thrilling details and about how you ended up with this young Water Tribe girl on your journey."

I inhaled deeply, "Join me for a drink?" He turned to Zuko once more, with a bow.

"Sorry, but we have to go." Zuko said, turning around to prepare his leave. Iroh then placed his hand on Zuko's shoulder calmly, "Prince Zuko, show Commander Zhao your respect." Turning back to face Zhao, "We would be honored to join you. Do you have any Ginseng tea? It's my favorite." Iroh tapped my good shoulder to move with him alongside Zhao.

Zuko groaned loudly, before I started walking he grabbed my arm and forced me to walk behind Iroh instead of next to him. Different from how Iroh wanted me to follow.

"Don't take out your pissy mood on me just because I'm your prisoner." I said in a low tone

"Shut it, bitch." He whispered

"What an ass." I muttered

"What was that?" He said louder

I cocked my eyebrow as if I didn't know what he was talking about. Earning another frustrating groan from him.

"Ack,'' He pushed me forward, keeping me walking between Iroh, who was in front, and him who was behind me.

"Don't you dare say anything, are we clear?" He ordered. I kept my silence once more, another push this time just slightly lighter. I chuckled lightly, only enough for me to hear. My situation seemed comical to me.

Zuko eventually ended up walking next to me instead of behind. Soldiers all glancing at our way, I wasn't sure exactly who they were looking at. Me or the prince. Or both of us. I looked down a bit. I just prayed to the spirits that my siblings and Aang were safe. I scanned the camp. The entire area filled with Fire Nation soldiers. One wrong move, and I'm dead.

>>>

One of Commander Zhao's soldiers unbinded my wrists. Handing me a jar of herbal ointment with a bandage wrap. Another glared at me, as he shoved clothing into my hands. Zhao really did get me new clothes. Kind of creepy not going to lie. I walked into the room they walked me to. It was small, just a table in the middle. I observed myself, my ripped and burned warrior clothing. The one my father helped me make, the one the men of our tribe congratulated me on. I missed my dad, I missed what once was of our tribe. Images of the past lingered in my mind. The memory of a happier time swirled in my mind. It grew a small smile on my face. Before they left, things were better.

I began to undress myself. Unwrapping the top layer of clothes. Removing my gloves, the palms were scratched practically open. Winching at the pain from the burn. I bit my lips, Alright slowly this time, inching the upper part of the bandages off. The burn, swollen, red. Recovery will be slow. Slightly relieved it hasn't blistered. That would've been a pain. Well more than it is.

I looked once more to the entrance of the tent, only a curtain keeping it closed. No one was there. Just making sure. I began to unwrap my under garments. I turned around to grab the Fire Nation clothing I was given. Back facing the entrance. I held it before me. I felt disgusted to wear those clothes, but Zhao was right. My clothes were in bad condition, it's not wearable. I didn't have anything else until now. I crumpled the fabric edges in my hands. I was angry, the thought of slitting a Fire Nation soldier's throat seemed pleasing. I sighed shooing the thought away

"Hurry up, Zhao and my Uncle are waiting for you!" A booming voice I heard from behind me. I quickly turned to see the entrance still closed. Zuko was outside, waiting for me.

Why can't they just leave me be for once? I finished changing and re-wrapped my burn and put on the clothed. I rewrapped my hair, bangs out, half up half down. I took a deep breath. I walked out the tent.

I began to follow Zuko as he silently walked in front.

What no angry remarks?

"Aren't you going to bind me again?" I asked genuinely curious

"Just. Walk." He hesitantly answered.

Whats up with this guy?

(A/N: the images above are context for the clothes. Credits to the artist and the show where the image was taken from.)

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

753K 19.2K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
126K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
21.3K 694 12
It was one mistake that led (Y/n), a young girl from the Northern water tribe, down a path of twists and turns. After being somewhere she was told no...
36.5K 1K 14
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...