Little Do They Know

By sydsofia13

After four seasons with the Portland Thorns, Bradie Van Dyk knew she needed a change. She wanted to broaden h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Moving Forward
Chapter 2 - Coach
Chapter 3 - Destiny
Chapter 4 - An American Quiz
Chapter 5 - Grudges
Chapter 6 - Groenen
Chapter 7 - Before United
Chapter 8 - Familiar Faces
Chapter 9 - USWNT
Chapter 10 - BVD and Sauce
Chapter 11 - Boston
Chapter 12 - 2019
Chapter 13 - Jackie
Chapter 14 - Willow
Chapter 15 - Podcasting
Chapter 16 - Mic'd Up
Chapter 17 - Making Lemonade
Chapter 18 - India Harrison
Chapter 19 - The Necklace
Chapter 20 - Olympics
Chapter 21 - Tillies Vs USWNT
Chapter 22 - Quarterfinals
Chapter 23 - Rose Gold
Chapter 24 - Lyon
Chapter 25 - First Half
Chapter 26 - Headlining
Chapter 27 - Worries
Chapter 28 - Josie's Arrival
Chapter 29 - Parents
Chapter 30 - Harry's Return
Chapter 31 - February Break
Chapter 32 - The Catalyst
Chapter 33 - Jackie's Escape
Chapter 34 - Hiding
Chapter 35 - Information Overload
Chapter 36 - Domesticated
Chapter 37 - Oosterpark
Chapter 39 - Back
Chapter 40 - Explaining
Chapter 41 - Interview
Chapter 42 - Sonnett
Chapter 43 - CONCACAF
Chapter 44 - The Euros
Chapter 45 - Celebrations
Chapter 46 - Left Wing
Chapter 47 - Back in Camp
Chapter 48 - Recieving Understanding
Chapter 49 - Official
Chapter 50 - The Party
Chapter 51 - Issues
Chapter 52 - Ettie Walsh
Chapter 53 - New Offers
Chapter 54 - Change
Chapter 55 - Splitting And Meeting
Chapter 56 - Spiralling
Chapter 57 - Spain
Chapter 58 - Meetings in Melbourne
Chapter 59 - The Letters
Chapter 60 - Responsibilities
Epilogue

Chapter 38 - Together

1.7K 58 4
By sydsofia13

"Harry," I said, over the phone, "we might have found something." I was sitting beside Jackie on the couch, looking at her, while on the phone.

"Care to enlighten me?" Harry questioned.

"Something is in Oosterpark."

"Something?" Harry questioned.

"I'm not sure what," I said, "but that's a start."

"Bradie, you need to use your words."

"My Uncle told me that my dad spoke to him before he died. Dad said that it was all in Oosterpark. Maybe you could find something there?"

"In Amsterdam," Harry said.

"Yes, in Amsterdam." I talked with Harry for a few more minutes, telling him everything that we had come to realise. Before we hung up the phone, Harry assured me that he would look into it, and that it was one of the strongest leads they had.

"But now, Bradie," Harry said, "you have to trust me. You need to stay put. There's nothing you or Jackie can do now."

"Ok," I replied.

A few days went by and I started getting restless. The vibe in the house had been unusual, to say the least. Jackie and I were becoming routined, and it was as if we were engaging in the same tasks, everyday. But, something about being with Jackie made it all alright. It was as if, although we were living through a footballer's worst nightmare of confinement, we were together and that meant it was all okay.

"Hey," Jackie said, as we were sitting on the couch together, just before we were about to head up.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking at her. Our arms were resting on the couch, only a few centimetres separated our skin from touching.

"I know this whole experience has been shit," Jackie  said, her hand moving slightly closer, "but it's also been..." She started to trail off, but I knew what she was going to say. I knew how she felt.

"Me too," I said, "it's been like that for me too." I move my hand slightly closer, so our fingertips touch. Her big eyes are looking into mine, and something starts beating quickly in my chest. Something different. Something good.

"What are you thinking?" I said to her, our fingers now interlocking on the couch.

"Nothing," she said, looking away.

"Jackie," I then replied, scooching over, closer to her, so I now sat with only a few inches between us.

"There's a lot of things I'm unsure of in this world," she started to say, "but you're not one of them. I'm sure of you, Bradie. You're the most secure thing in this world, right now." I look at her, and place my hand on her cheek. I touch the side of her face, moving my hands to her hair and then neck. Her eyes closed as I did this, and something so beautiful about her was felt in my heart.

I kept looking at her, until her eyes slightly opened. She smiled as she saw me, and I then did something I didn't think I would do. I leant down, resting my forehead against hers. I closed my own eyes, breathing in her poppy scented perfume. She then placed her hand on my cheek, gripping my face, before placing a kiss onto my lips. Her lips were soft, and smooth, and the kiss was the same. There was no roughness in our touch. It was as if everything that had happened to us over the past month had disappeared and it was just her and me, fighting against this dark world together.

I soon broke away from her, not knowing what to think. Not knowing what any of it meant. She smiled a cheeky grin, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's that cheeky expression on your face for?" I asked her.

"Nothing," Jackie replied, "you just look frazzled."

"In a good way?"

"Yes, in a good way."

I was about to lean down, to kiss her again, wanting to feel that spark we had only a few moments earlier, but then the doorbell rang.

"Shit," I said, not knowing who or what it could be.

I walked slowly to the door, looking through the peephole to see a crew of FBI agents.

"I think," I said, turning to Jackie, "we might just be free." Her eyes widened as I said this, and once I opened the door, a wave of relief flowed through my body.

After a few hours, of going over every single detail with all the agents that bombarded the house, we were free. We weren't told much information, and that was going to be the case for a while, but the most important part for Jackie and me was that we could go back to England and finish the Super League with United.

"What does this mean?" I asked one of the agents, as we sat on the couch.

"It means you can go," she replied.

"But, does the world know who I am?" I asked.

"Not yet," the agent answered, "but it won't be long."

"So, will the information come out?" Jackie said, looking at me.

"Yes, it is unpreventable but we have already shut down the operation, and that was thanks to your help. Both of you."

"Will we ever find out what truly happened?" I asked her.

"Maybe, but right now, the less you know the better."

I took that as a sign to stop asking the questions, but as soon as we got in a car to head to the airport, I knew I was going back to England straight away.

"Ready to head to Manchester?" She asked me, in the car.

"I'm not."

"What do you mean?" Jackie asked, confused.

"I'm going home, to see my family."

Home, for me, is an interesting term. I never thought I had one. After my parents died, I lived with Peter and Josie, but it was never home. It was a house with my biological family. They did a lot for me, and I loved them more than anything, but was it home?

"I'll come with you,'' Jackie said, as we were at the airport.

"Are you sure?"

"I want to."

After a short flight, we arrived. I walked up the stairs, knocked on the door and waited for her to open it. Waited for my family to open it.

"BVD!" Sam said, running out onto the patio, and wrapping her arms around me.

"Hey," I said calmly, feeling my best friend's tall body holding me tightly.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

"It's a long story," I said, "but I'm back."

"And who have you brought with you?" Sam asked, looking at Jackie who was standing behind me.

"Someone special," I answered.

After a day with Sam, catching up on all that had happened the past month, it was time Jackie and I finally headed back to Manchester. Sam told me that we did win the She Believes tournament, which I never knew. She also said that they found it harder to score without me, which made me feel slightly at ease that my starting position was going to be taken from me.

I said goodbye to my best friend, and Jackie and I both left, heading back to Manchester.

"I'm excited to get back," I said to her.

"Yeah," she said, looking off into the distance.

"Are you alright?"

"What does it mean though? Being back."

"What do you mean?"

"What does it mean for us?" An expression of fear was printed onto her face, and I could tell she was nervous. She didn't know what was happening and neither did I. We were at a confusing point in time in which neither of us knew what any of it meant. What did that kiss even mean?

"We'll sort that out," I said to her, not knowing what else to say, "we will. I promise you."

When we arrived in Manchester, we couldn't stay away from our team, our friends. We dropped our stuff at my apartment, and changed into our gear. We had let Marc know that we would both be coming to training that day, and when we arrived at the grounds, the girls all ran up to us.

"BVD! JACKIE!" They screamed.

"We're here," I said, hugging each of them, "and we're going to get that Champion's League spot."

THE RETURNED: Bradie Van Dyk and Jackie Groenen return after their TWO month leave of absence

Star striker, Bradie Van Dyk, and midfield partner, Jackie Groenen, are set to make their return from their two month leave of absence this weekend. Manchester United are to take on Tottenham this weekend in Manchester, an important game for United, especially with the third Champions League spot up for grabs.

Currently, United sit 2 points in front of City for the third place spot, with both Arsenal and Chelsea leading the table.

Van Dyk and Groenen had an unexplained leave of absence, which suddenly occurred during the February international window. Neither were online during this time, with their social media accounts being unused and untouched. Fans started speculating the possible reasons as to why this leave of absence occurred, but nothing was confirmed. Manchester United remained silent throughout this period, not bringing any light to the situation that was unfolding.

However, Marc Skinner, United Manager, confirmed, during his press conference, that both players are back, both fit and healthy, and ready to play this weekend.

"It's been hard without them," Marc said, "but it's also been a learning experience for the other players. We've had to learn to work with what life throws at us, and we're only grateful that Jackie [Groenen] and Bradie [Van Dyk] are back and ready."

note:

- hey friends, sorry about the wait on this chapter. my computer started being stupid and wouldn't charge lol but we're back and hopefully chapters will be more regular

- although ive got a lot of school atm so just bear w me while i deal w the stupid things called assignments :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 159 17
"I didn't know what had happened to me, but ever since the night before, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. The thought of our hands touc...
113K 2.1K 18
Nineteen-year-old Jessica Lopez and twenty-two-year-old Spanish teammate Ona Batlle are rivals. Jessica plays her football for Manchester City while...
291 16 13
What will happen when Liverpools 24 year old forward Sophie Román Haug and Everton's recent academy player turned pro young superstar 20 year old def...
573K 9.7K 72
Juliette and Keira Walsh love being twins. Since childhood, the two girls have been inseparable and together they shared the same ambition and dream...