Amphibia: The Forgotten Stone

By runeightmiles

The stone of strength, wits, and heart exist. But what if there was a stone able to beat all of them? A stone... More

Chapter one: The Boy Who Hated Everything
Chapter Two: The Salamanders
Chapter Three: Another Human
Chapter 4: Justice
Chapter 5: ???
Chapter 6: Frog Snatcher
Chapter 7: Cracking Mrs. Croaker
Chapter 9: Fight Me!
Chapter 10: West Tower
Chapter 11: Revenge (Pt. 1)
Chapter 12: Revenge (pt.2)
Chapter 13: Origins
Chapter 14: Meeting The King
Vote
Chapter 15: The Bagel Friday (One Shot (Kinda))
Chapter 16: My Story
Auxiliary Chapter: New Clothes
Hint
[REDACTED]

Chapter 8: Training for the end

313 7 1
By runeightmiles

Mark holds his box and thinks of the tune he heard from transporting. The theme was catchy to him but was like a omen at the same time. He walked in circles.

Mark: The compass. I've been procrastinating this whole time, I should get back to work.

He threw the box up and his thumb pressed onto the gem on it. His eyes went tharn. He saw the two music boxes, four stars, the red moon falling on amphibia, and seeing everything he knew, gone, in the blink of of three red eyes.

Mark: Ahhhh!

His eyes were watering from the shear mental pain. He was going into cold sweat and his breathing was heavy. He threw the box away from himself onto the dirt.

Mark: Huff... Puff...

Mark felt a black spark light in him. The spark that would ember everlasting hatred and cruelty. His eyes glowed black and purple for a few seconds. He quickly pulled out his compass.

Mark: Quinn the salamander... Take me to him...

He blew a weak gust of wind and opened the door. On the other side, Quinn's curse shop. Mark went inside to see Quinn at the counter.

Quinn: I've been waiting kid.

Mark: I know. I know what will happen. And for that, I need to be as strong as possible.

Quinn looked at mark in surprise. He finally saw the bigger picture. He turned around and scrambled around his shop for a map and quill. He drew a few X's and words.

Quinn: Train with those swords with people I've marked here. Once done, go to the temple of hatred and get the birthright of your box. After, Wait in Newtopia, here. Do not tell anyone about this. Not the champions, not the salamanders, not frog, no one.

Mark: I got it.

Mark: grabbed the map and left. His first stop was right here. A salamander by the name of Xander. The walk was surprisingly brisk to there as it should've taken one minute. Key word. SHOULD'VE. He's a human in a town of human sized salamanders. If he transformed, he'd still stand out as more draconic than amphibian. This made the trip worse and take longer with the stares and constant harassment.

???: Hey, Mark!

Mark recognized that voice. He turned around to see jade with a smile.

Mark: Jade! Nice to see you!

Mark offered a fist bump but Jade got confused.

Mark: You don't know what this is?

Jade nodded yes.

Mark: You make a fist and then...

Jade made a fist and Mark gave a fist bump

Mark: Boom!

Jade: Oh.

Jade fist bumped mark repeatedly.

Jade: Oh, what a rush!

Mark: Haha. Anyway, I'm just walking to Xander for training.

Jade: Oh, Xander? He's at home right now.

Mark knew that he was there and would have used the compass but it needed to charge. But how did she know?

Mark: How did you know that?

Jade: He's my brother. He became pretty famous. You wouldn't believe the hordes that show up to our house

Mark: your brother's famous? For what?

Jade: There was the scourge of the sand wars, but Xander? He was the Doom of the sand wars.

Mark: Sand wars?

Jade: That's a whole different topic

Mark: Alright.

Jade: And we have arrived.

The home was basic. Not something he expected from the celebrity.

Jade: Why are you looking at the closet?

Mark turns his head to a mansion he somehow didn't notice.

Jade: Still off, that's the bathroom.

Mark then saw a castle.

Jade: Another bathroom.

Mark: HOW?!

Jade snickered.

Jade: Just kidding, That's it.

Mark's eyes were gonna pop out. This was simply too much shock. He calmed down and knocked on the gate of the castle.

???: To enter the castle for what you seek, answer my riddle when it has been two thousand weeks-

Jade: You're not funny! Just open the gate! My friend wants to talk to you!

???: ... Ow. Ok

You couldn't see it but somehow in some black magic way, you could feel a tear roll off the person's cheek. The gate opens and mark enters. The person at the gate walked to the front gate.

???: Look, I don't want to sign any children heads or anything. So just lea-

The person sees Mark

???: Holy frog! What the heck are you?!

Jade: Remember that creature I told you about? That's him.

???: Oh. Well hello Mark from another world. My name is Xander, Doom of the Sand Wars. A friend of my sister is a friend of mine.

Mark raises a eyebrow but gets to the point of why he's here.

Mark: I need training. To stop a incoming doom.

Xander: Interesting. I've always wanted an apprentice. I'm sold!

Mark: Really? No trial? No Cagefight? No Pit of fir-

Jade put her hand over his mouth.

Xander: Oh yeah, Well there is that demon trial inside a cage filled with snakes in the pit of spikes and fire.

Mark nodded no repeatedly as Jade moved her hand.

Xander: Nah, How about a spar?

Mark: Okay. That I can do.

Xander moves to the courtyard of the castle filled with trees and grabs a stick. Mark follows him along the way. Mark pulls out his blades.

Xander: Let's fight, shall we?

Mark pointed one of his swords towards him

Mark: Yeah

Xander: 3...

Mark: 2...

Both: 1!

Xander tries hitting Mark with the stick but Mark defends. The stick somehow overpowers him, Making him drop to the ground. He lasted 10 seconds.

Xander: Wow, you lasted longer than most. Maybe you are worthy of apprenticeship.

Mark: I lasted like 7 seconds! That's longer than most?!

Xander: Yeah. They don't call me the doom of the sand wars for nothing.

Xander held his hand out for Mark to get up. Mark grabs on and gets up.

Mark: Well did I do it?

Xander: Yep. You're my apprentice. We will train until you can make me drop to the ground. I will teach you everything I know.

Mark: alright, but for now, I gotta go home.

Xander: Alright, stay safe!

Mark: I will.

Mark uses the charged compass to go to wartwood. He says his goodbye and goes through the door. After much walking, he slept in the basement with Anne who was also there

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863 48 15
Anne was in shock. The Resistance had failed to stop Andrias, Marcy was possessed by something called the Core, and the Invasion of Earth was only mo...
881 18 8
Richard Crystal (OC, NOT SELF INSERT) moves from Gravity Falls to LA and meets the girls, only a few months before they get trapped in Amphibia
2.7K 117 24
Anne finally got a job as a Monster Hunter and gets training right away, meanwhile Marcy gets kicked out of Newtopia for a little misunderstanding an...
21.9K 562 31
With Anne, Rowena, and the Plantars now on Earth, King Andrias has a plan to conquer other worlds. The adventure is far from over... In fact, it's on...