~❤️~Always Better Together~❤️~

By preetimsd2307

"Not your usual love story" Amarra is a first year med student. Young, Bubbly, Beautiful. She is attracted t... More

~ Casting ~
~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 7 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 9 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ Author's Note ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ Character Sketch NYC ~
~ 24 ~
~ Character Sketch The Hales ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ Character Sketch ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~
~ 33 ~
~ 34 ~
~ Letter to Derek ~
~ 35 ~
~ 36 ~
~ Letter to Derek ~
~ Letter to Amarra ~
~ 37 ~
~ Letter to Amarra ~
~ Letter to Derek ~
~ Letter to Amarra ~
~ 38 ~
~ 39 ~
~ 40 ~
~ 41 ~

~ 42 ~

23 2 4
By preetimsd2307

Hours went by since Liam woke up. He was himself with no particular damage to the brain and spine. He was okay. Dr. Bradley told us that it was a miracle that Liam didn't encounter any neurological damage considering the cab had flipped thrice. I think it's only possible because of the grace of the Divine Power.

We saw him, sat by his side and cried an ocean of tears warning him to never leave us like this. Liam was touched by our emotional meltdown for him. He didn't think our friendship was so deep by now. Clearly there is some neurological damage that got missed in the CT scan.

"I am so sorry guys. But I didn't think this could happen. Who thinks they would be in an accident." he said in a hoarse voice. He was still not able to talk properly but the doctors said he will regain his full voice after he gets proper rest and food.

"It's okay. What matters most is that you're well." I said wiping away tears from my cheeks.

"Really Liam, we were super scared. We thought you would die." Valerie said in a sincere tone and Liam and I gave her a quizzical glance.

"Did I hear that right?? Did she just call me Liam??" he had a mischievous smile on his bandaged face. 

"Instead of calling him 'cute butt'. That's progress I guess." I chuckled.

"Okay enough. You know you just got away with death. I can make an exception. BUT-" Valerie pointed a finger at Liam, "You will always be 'cute butt' to me." 

And she laughed. Like a real laugh. And I was so glad to see the old cheerful Valerie again. Compared to the grief ridden ghost-like girl I saw all day.

"You guys look like hell. Go and get some sleep." Liam suggested looking concerned at our tear stained faces and baggy eyes. 

"No we are staying." Valerie chimed in placing a hand on his unbroken hand and Liam swallowed his throat. I saw the gesture and immediately recognised it as something that I have felt before. Liam's face was hesitant as if he was trying to avoid showing what he really feels.

And then it clicked.

Oh my Heavens !!!!! 

Liam likes Valerie. 

Cause the moment she held his hand he felt something and I don't think it could be disgust or anything else other than feelings. Feelings of LOVE.

OMG !!! 

This initially, one sided fondness just got more interesting. 

I cleared my throat putting an end to the awkward silence and said, "Liam's right. We need to sleep else we'll end up here too." I motioned to Valerie to get up but she didn't move. 

And then something so unpredictable happened. 

"Please get some sleep." 

Liam squeezed Valerie's hand with such earnest touch that she couldn't refuse. His eyes were so sincere in that moment that I couldn't believe what was happening in front of me. I bit back a smile that was shaping spontaneously on my face because I didn't want to ruin the moment. 

"We'll come in the morning. Take rest and don't code." Valerie got up from her very comfortable position next to Liam and patted his unbroken hand lightly. Turned around glanced at me and left the room.

"Derek said he'll check on you since he's going to be in the library all night. Take rest okay." I said and Liam smiled reassuring me that he will be fine.

________________________

When I got out of the shower, I saw Valerie sprawled on the bed, her hands dangling from the side of the bed and her breathing had turned into a light snore. I sighed dipping my head back. There was no space left on the bed and the snoring was a direct indication that she was in deep sleep.

I sighed drying my hair. My face looked tired and there were bags under my eyes. My body was demanding rest. I needed to sleep. No matter what.

Just then my cellphone vibrated revealing a text message. My eyes lighted up seeing the name of the sender and my fatigue evaporated instantly.

It was from Derek.

"Just updating about Liam. He's fine and sleeping like a panda. Also he snores ;p "

I chuckled inaudibly careful not to wake Valerie.

"Vallie snores too. Can't sleep :(  P.S. thanks for the updates."

I pressed send and went back to towel drying my hair. I applied rose gel on my face to relieve stress from the facial muscles. Really, rose gel is very effective.

There was another buzz in a few seconds.

"Come over. You can help me study."

The moment I read the text my cheeks went up in flames. My heartbeat was in a rush and my hands started to shake. God!! He is asking me to come to the library. He wants my help in studying. 'Or he just wants to see you' my subconscious mind added a flare. And I blushed.

I typed a reply with shaky hands and blood red cheeks.

"See you in 10."

_________________________

~~ The Library ~~

I had expected the library to be eerily quiet, with not many students around considering it was almost midnight. But to my utter surprise, it was the opposite of quiet and vacant.

Several students, final year I suspect, both boys and girls were perched upon the wooden chairs, books and notebooks sprawled open in front of them on a large shiny mahogany table. Some of them were neck deep in their thick medical books while others were studying in a group, discussing various topics in hushed whispers.

But the whispers were not just whispers anymore. It felt like the entire library was cocooned in an erratic vibration. I could the see the irritation on the faces of the two night  coordinators.

My eyes scanned the area for the one person that I wanted to see. But I couldn't find him anywhere. I pulled my phone from the hoodie pocket and typed a text to Derek.

"I m here. Can't see you. Are you upstairs??"

And pressed send.

I was waiting for Derek's reply when a husky  velvety voice addressed me from behind.

"What are you doing here??"

I turned around immediately recognising the source of the voice.

Alex freaking Anderson.

He was standing right behind me, too close than I would have wanted him to be, wearing a confused expression on his face. His face, I thought, was so calm and serene when I saw him, like actually saw him outside the on call room. His ocean blue eyes, so serene that I could dive into them and relax without a worry in the world.

I shook myself out of the fantasical world and mentally slapped myself for having such thoughts about a douche, that too Derek's step brother.

What the hell is wrong with me?????

"It is none of your business." I said swallowing my throat.

Alex smirked his signature I-am-a-douche smirk and said, "Lemme guess you're here for the boring broody final year guy. Green eyes. Leather jacket." He teased. "Am I going in the right direction??"

I narrowed my eyes at him and said, "If you know so much, why don't you point me in his direction, cause I am a bit lost."

"You really like him don't you??" Alex let out a breath and there was a glimmer of sincerity in his eyes or hurt. I couldn't put a finger on it. But I knew he wasn't teasing right now. He was serious.

I thought it would be stupid to make a witty remark at this point so I said with the same sincerity, "Yes I like him and he knows."

Alex sighed.

Regret or Relief ???

I don't know but he nodded his head and said, "He's upstairs. Near the fourth shelf from the right of the staircase."

And he left the library. His footsteps were slow and lazy as if he was forcing himself to leave.

_____________________________

The first floor was filled with gigantic wooden shelves comprising of medical books, research papers, medical journals and stuff. So many books. So many shelves. So many tables and chairs. 

And among them sat the love of my life, or so I want him to be. Derek Hale. His head buried in a very thick book. He was writing something in a notebook and reading from the thick book at the same time. His tshirt clung to his athletic back forming creases on the shoulders. His raven hair was a total mess as if he were pulling on them everytime he didn't understand a concept. 

I didn't actually want to disturb his peaceful study phase but I am not that good of a person. 

"Heyy" I chirped striding fast in front of him. 

He glanced up immediately, his hands stopped writing. His tired and sleep deprived green eyes lit up like a fire the moment our gaze met. And he smiled, melting me in a puddle next to him.

"Hey" his voice was like chocolate and I wondered if he sounded like that on every study night.

"You look.....booked" I said making a face as I took a seat in front of him.

"This is going to be my sanctum until the finals." He said pointing to the plethora of books, journals, research papers and notebooks sprawled open on the table. 'God med school is really tough' I thought to myself and smiled apologetically at him.

"Hopefully something good will come out of all this." I said and he nodded in a yeah.

"So how was your holiday??" He asked closing the thick book with a white coloured bookmark in it.

"Ah it was fun, crazy.... But mostly alcoholic."

Derek gave a small chuckle and looked at me in a way that made me feel he was uncomfortable. Like he wanted to tell me something but he doesn't know how. That was when I remembered that he really wanted to tell me something. He had told me in the letter and in text message as well.

The curious cat lounging inside my body jumped in action and propelled me to ask him directly.

"So you wanted to talk about something. Didn't you??" I asked nonchalantly, not letting the curiosity burning in my stomach get the best of me.

"Huh??" He said looking up from on of the spiral notebooks and keeping the pen in the middle.

"You wrote to me that you wanted to talk about something. What is it??"

Derek glanced at me for ten seconds I suppose. His face turning pale and he swallowed in his throat several times.

"Not here. Let's go outside. I am done studying for now."

We were walking away from the library towards I don't know where. It was like a stroll with no particular destination. I kind of liked the idea. It was a little after 1 a.m. so the campus was deserted. Only sounds one could hear came from crickets and passing airplanes.

The breeze was cool and it sent shivers in my body making me clutch myself with both hands. Derek was rubbing his hands together to keep warm. Neither of us said anything. But the silence between us was not uncomfortable. It never was.

We had come far from the library and I could see the basketball court a few yards away. I was about to ask Derek to stop near a bench when he turned towards me, snaked his hand around my waist and leaned in for a kiss.

Infact he kissed me out of nowhere in the middle of nowhere.I was surprised at his romantic action. Beyond surprised. I felt so many emotions in that nanosecond. I felt joy, elation, surprise and love.

The moment his lips touched mine, I simply melted away in the kiss. I kissed him back with equal intensity sliding my hands around his neck. We were truly lost in the pleasure at hand. I don't know how much time had passed or when did I push him towards the nearest tree trunk for support.

Well we were making out in campus and I knew how much Derek didn't like PDAs but I wasn't going to stop this. After all he started it.

After what felt like hundred years, we broke the kiss gasping for air. We were still pretty close to each other or you can say pressed together. And it felt divine. My heart was not beating. It was drumming. And I am pretty sure Derek was feeling the same thing.

"What was this for??" I had to ask. I didn't want this to be casual anymore. I wanted him. And I wanted him completely. I really hoped he wanted the same.

Derek took a deep breath and tucked my hair behind my ears, "This was to tell you.... that I am madly in love with you.... ever since I first saw you in the lake park on your first day here. Everything I did after that was because I wanted to be close to you. I have always wanted you."

Derek took a step back as he noticed tears in my eyes. My heart was so full at the moment I felt it could burst of happiness.

"What are the tears for??" He asked as he wiped the hot tears running out of my eyes.

"Happy tears I guess." I smiled crying and sniffing. "Why didn't you say anything all these months???? Cause I have been all lovey dovey since the first time I saw you working out, all shirtless and sweaty."

"You know why. I told you all about my past. I was scared." Derek said with a certain degree of sincerity in his eyes and his voice.

"And you're not afraid anymore??"

"No. I am not. I just want to be with you. No matter what." He said pleading with his eyes. That's the first I got to know Derek Hale could speak better with his eyes than his mouth.

"I just want to be with you too. But I need to know that you're sure about it. I don't want to hear something otherwise tomorrow morning or later."

"You won't. I am in love with you. This feeling doesn't just go away. I am sorry it took so long to admit my real feelings."

I was touched. Like really touched by his confession. I didn't know what to say other than, "I am in love with you too."

That said I closed the distance between us again with a passionate kiss. My hands wound in his hair and his hands hovered around my back and waist. My heart was on cloud nine doing a dancing on its own.

"So let me do this in a more proper way." He said breaking the kiss and gazing at me like a lovesick puppy. "I want to be your boyfriend. So will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend??"

We were holding hands and smiling at each other. "Yes I would love to be your girlfriend and I truly accept you as my beloved boyfriend."

I said the obvious sealing it with a kiss.

It was a dream come true.

And I hoped this night would never end.

_________________________

Here we go!!!

AMAREK is finally united as one. And we cannot be more happy. I loved writing this part so much. ❤️❤️💘💘

So sorry for updating so late. I was busy with college applications and stuff. But now I am here. Get ready for extra cheesy content from the next chapter.

Please read the chapter and press the VOTE ⭐ button. Your VOTES are my motivation.

What are your SUNDAY plans ???
I am going to read until I sleep and eat until I am over full. Hehe!!🤪🤪

With love
Preeti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 554 23
*** Featured on StoruesUndiscovered *** A bittersweet story about a lover who never stayed and a love that never ended. Disclaimer- This is a work...
His Hush Hush Girl By KB

General Fiction

185K 15.1K 56
His Girl series #1 When you're destined to be with the person you love, none can rip you apart. Akruti Arora, an innocent soul yet beauty with a brai...
621K 37.6K 42
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...
23.6K 1.4K 16
" I love you, Saanvi............ " a boy said who was sitting on his knees with a bouquet. "SHUT UP DON'T FORGET YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MY GIRL,"...