Dragon Heart

Autorstwa Trooper-JJH

War was raging all across the land. The Alliance tried desperately to fight off the armies of the Horde but... Więcej

Main Characters
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 1

1K 29 11
Autorstwa Trooper-JJH

No one's POV

The war for Craidor has been raging on for several years now. After a difficult fight and many losses, the Alliance pushed the Horde back through the mountain pass. And now the Horde is trying desperately to regain control of the pass and once again pour into Alliance territory once more. 

Today thought was like any other day for the Alliance. People regardless of the war waging across the land were happily going through their day. The sky was clear and the sounds of birds and animals singing and playing with one another filled the country air. while towards the cities, towns, and capitals the sounds of people talking, laughing, and going through their day were heard all around. 

Merchants from the human, elven, and dwarf kingdoms traveled all around bringing wonderful goods to trade and sell. Famers headed out into the fields to start their work. Miners head towards the mountains to dig up precious metals. And children happily played with one another in the streets and fields. 

 However, that wasn't the case across the lands towards the mountains. 

Right between the mountains within the small forest the sounds of steel clashing and shouting were heard. 

The Horde once again launched another attack hoping to smash through the defending Alliance army. However, what they didn't know was a company of elves was patrolling the forest and not only engaged the enemy but, sent for the other battalions to aid them. 

Now they were fighting with everything they had as the Horde poured in soldiers. And though they managed to cut down many of these vile creatures the Horde kept coming. Now the elves' only hope to not only keep the horde back but, survive was for the remaining soldiers to reach them before it was too late. 

Arwen's POV

Name: Arwen

Age: 102

Height: 5'9" 

Race: Elf

Role: Acting commander of the elf battalion. 

Arwen and her men were locked in combat with wave upon wave of orc warriors. she had already several soldiers lost their lives to these heathens and, she had several soldiers that were wounded and more enemies on the way. 

She desperately needed those reinforcements in order to get her wounded out of here while holding the enemy back. 

Arwen was locked in combat with a massive orc warrior wielding a massive great ax. She was breathing heavily and her body ached with pain from the long battle. The massive orc warrior readied himself for another strike. 

Orc: "You puny elf, the Horde will water these lands with the blood of you and your kin." He said laughing loudly. 

Arwen raised her sword up in a defensive stance and looking the orc straight in the face she said. 

Arwen: "You are wrong the Alliance will stop you. It is only a matter of time before you filthy beasts are nothing more than food for the crows." She said hatefully. 

The orc growled angrily then raising his ax above his head he roared loudly then swung his ax downward in an attempt to chop the elf in half. 

Arwen seeing this quickly moved to her right dodging the blade as it came crashing down to the earth. The blade buried deep into the soil sends dirt into the air. Arwen felt the wind on her face from the attack but, was quick to deliver her own. 

Before the Orc could recover she lunged forward driving her sword right above the hip of the orc. Her blade slipped underneath his armor and penetrated deep into his flesh. 

Orc: "Ackkk!!!" That was all he could say as he spits out blood. 

Arwen pulled out her sword and as blood poured out of his wound the massive orc stumbled back and then fell to the ground taking his final breath. 

Arwen smiled slightly over her victory but, the sounds from the battle all around her quickly reminded her this was far from over. She glanced around seeing her men either firing arrows at the orcs or, going blade to blade with them or even a few of her soldiers were using defensive or offensive magic. 

But, even though elves were very good fighters the orcs were stronger and had more numbers. As the time went on it seemed for every orc they killed two more took its place. Arwen saw several of her men meet their end as the orcs cut them down and then looked for a new victim. 

Arwen: "Jacob, Thorin where are you we could really use your help now." She said worriedly. 

One of her men came up to her holding his arm with blood coming out from a wound on his bicep. 

Elf soldier: "Lady Arwen we need to fall back more orcs are approaching and we don't have the strength or the numbers to hold them off." He said desperately. 

Arwen looked around and knew he was right. She needed to pull back so she could clear her wounded from the fight but, the enemy was rapidly approaching.

Arwen: "Gather the wounded up and take them first. We must give them time to..." 

Arwen was cut off by a massive blast from a horn that came directly behind her. She and her men looked to were to sound came from and quickly heard a new sound that was even louder. It was the sound of pounding hooves on the earth followed by cheers and chants from men and dwarves. 

She smiled as her friends had just arrived at the battle. While she was happy the orcs were not. They starred in horror as armored men on horseback and dwarven warriors riding mountain great rams charged at them. 

She quickly spotted four figures ahead of the formation. The first was her human friend Jacob the commander of the human division. the second was Thorin commander of the dwarves. 

Name: Thorin

Age: 65

Height: 4'5"

Role: Commander of the dwarf division. 

And there were two other humans behind them that she wasn't sure of. They were named Trevor and Stacey. These two randomly showed up one day wanting to fight the Horde. The wired thing was they always wore full plate armor and their faces were covered except for their eyes. Trevor was seen to have gold eyes while Stacey had silver eyes. 

These two proved themselves good allies and very powerful fighters in taking down several fighters against their foes. 

Arwen watched as her allies and their soldiers charged past her and her men and right towards the orcs. 

Jacob: "CHARGE MEN FOR THE ALLIANCE!" He said while drawing his sword.

Thorin: "DEATH TO THE HORDE."He said raising his war hammer.  

Their men all cheered as they smashed right into the orcs. The Horde tried to attack these men but, were unable to prevent them from smashing into their lines. Blades flew down as the Alliance soldiers cut down scores of orcs. 

Even though several men and dwarves were killed they managed to send the orcs running back through the forest. 

Jacob doubled back to check on Arwen while Thorin, Trevor, and Stacey drove the orcs back further. 

Jacob's POV

Jacob rode up to her and once he stopped his horse he dismounted and, landed with a thud as his armor clanked on the ground. He approached Arwen with a worried look on his face. 

Jacob: " Arwen are you ok we came as soon as we heard." He said worriedly. 

Arwen took a deep breath and then held out a hand to him. 

Arwen: "I'm fine Jacob really. I do have wounded that need to be cared for right away." 

Jacob reached out and shook her hand with a smile now on his face from learning she was ok. 

Jacob: "of course my friend, we will get them taken care of right away." He then motioned for a nearby knight to come to him. Once the knight was to them he said. "Take the elven wounded back to the fort and see to it they are cared for." He said sternly. 

Knight: "Yes sir." He said with a salute followed by him leaving to fulfill his orders. 

Arwen: "Thank you my friend, but the Horde has gotten more aggressive with their attacks. I fear they may be preparing for a much larger attack on us." She said fearfully while looking towards the mountains the Horde came from. 

Jacob walked up and put a hand on her shoulder. 

Jacob: "I know I fear it too, but if we stand as one then we will overcome whatever is thrown our way." He said with a small smile. 

Arwen looked at him with a smile and was about to say something when a rough voice was heard. 

Thorin: "And how is our pointy-eared princess." He said with a hearty laugh. 

Both the human and elf looked over to see Thorin riding upon his massive hog he trained to be his mount.  His hammer and armor were covered in green blood no dought from the orcs he had just slain. 

And behind him, Trevor and Stacey rode up behind him. 

Arwen: "Yes I am fine you old bag of wind." She said rolling her eyes. 

Thorin let out a good laugh then dismounted and approached them along with Trevor and Stacey. 

Thorin: "That is good to hear my friend can't have some smelly old orc killing ya." he said happily. 

Jacob: "Did you push them all the way back?" He asked plainly. 

Trevor: "Indeed we chased them all the way to the edge of dragon territory." 

Stacey: "We shouldn't see any more of them for a bit." 

Jacob let out a happy sigh. He glanced around at his friends and towards the soldiers that were busy cleaning up after the battle and helping with the wounded. 

Jacob: "Well we won this one let's just hope we can end this war soon." 

Thorin: "Why this is fun to smash orcs." He said heartily while resting his hammer on his shoulder. 

Arwen: "Well some of us like to enjoy peace than war." She said rolling her eyes. 

Trevor: "Indeed I would much rather have peace." He said happily. 

Stacey only leaned on Trevor's shoulder while looking towards the mountains. 

Stacey: "Yeah, if only the dragons or maybe even the giants would help us then we would surely win this war." 

Thorin: "Ha those oversized greedy lizards care not for others and only for how much gold they can horde or how fat they can grow. And I dought the giants would come down from their mountains to aid us little folk." He said somewhat angrily. 

Upon saying that both Trevor and Stacey both looked away from the dwarf with nervous looks in their eyes. Jacob then sttod up and said. 

Jacob: "Well whatever the case all I know is until we find a way to enter the dragon territory, we must hold this forest until either they give up or we die." He said sternly.

Everyone: "Until we die." They said in unisoin. 

TO BE CONTINUED. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

490 25 5
Long ago, the God waged war against each other. Centuries ago, Man waged war against the Giants. Now, the gods stir anew. Kaz is a boy who finds his...
10.2K 199 32
War has already ended That's what everyone is thinking But a new threat comes And so as a new light.. This is a Legolas Fan fiction story. Based on...
265 23 15
For centuries, humans and magical creatures coexisted together harmoniously. However, as time went on, the species started to drift apart. When a hat...
178 44 57
Continuation of World of Tiber. ***********READ WORLD OF TIBER BEFORE THIS BOOK*********** *I do not own any pictures used in this story* The first...