Shred Of Hearts [COMPLETED]

By darkest112

"Bold of you to assume you're worthy enough to occupy my thoughts." _______ Ciane has always been an outcast... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41: Epilogue

Chapter 29

3.5K 113 7
By darkest112

A shout out to amour_hxneybonie_ for reading this book and keeping up with the updates! I appreciate it so much! Thank you!❤️ :)

I tried tagging you it didn't work :(

---------

Ciane

He had skilled hunters with him.

Skilled hunters.

The thought echoes through my mind over and over again.

Hunters.

Lust filled humans who crave blood and have an obsession with supernatural beings. The worst creatures to have ever walked the earth. To hire or work with these beings being the low of lows is disgusting and repulsive. Why would Exus ever do that? Why would he stoop so low? Why would he be so courageous to attack and massacre an entire pack?

"Why? Why did he attack your pack? What prompted such a reaction out of him?"

I knew Exus was harsh and a total lunatic but to bring down an entire pack with the help of hunters is something that I didn't think he could or would do. No one can do that without some strong motives.

"Do you want to share what happened? How it got there. If you don't feel like it, you don't have to." I explain staring at him expectantly.

Christian shuts his eyes almost painfully. He was struggling, I could tell. I could see the emotions well displayed on his face that he tries so hard to hide.

"You don't have to, Christian." I assure running my hand on his.

"No, I want to tell you. I have never talked about it and it's eating me up from the inside. I want to share it with someone, for once." He confesses, offering me a small smile.

I nod assuring him that he can stop whenever he wants to.

"I told you how I met Anabelle but not the events that followed. Everyone almost instantly liked Anabelle when we went back to my pack. My mother couldn't help but gush at how beautiful and charming she was. Even dad loved her. Everyone did except Olivia." He lets out a sigh.

"She felt as if there was something missing from her "perfect" character. She didn't believe it and I wish I had too but she was my mate. I didn't find fault and I told Olivia she was just thinking things." He scoffs, the words painful.

"A few months after we met, I asked her if I could mark her, if I could seal the bond between us because I knew she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and have kids with. I was so foolish." A cold, unrecognizable chuckle leaves his lips. "She adamantly refused saying she wasn't ready and that we should wait and I agreed. She grew so distant and cold from then on, began arguing so much with my sister it was growing alarming. At that point I think dad began suspecting that something wasn't right. She would disappear for days, coming back with bruises and heavily wounded flesh."

"I honestly did not know what was happening. I asked her what was wrong and she got mad each time. And then she requested to go back to her brother's pack and I accepted. I thought maybe a talk with her brother would help her or relax her. Our pack wasn't far from Wolf Creek and she sometimes went for a few days and I thought she was doing okay.  She looked happy, elated even. And I was relieved. I wish it had been true or it had lasted."

He takes a deep breath, his eyes glazing over with tears. I could literally see the pain, rage and agony swimming in his eyes. I had lost my parents but I have never lost both my pack and my parents. It must be completely shattering.

"Then one day, she was gone. I could even barely feel her as a mate. It's like she had completely detached herself from me. At one point I  thought she had died but I would have felt it.
I was depressed, sad, angry and I could barely carry out my alpha duties. Mom and dad had already realized something was wrong with her. Dad was mad, mom was disappointed and angry for not realizing how much suffering I was enduring. They wanted to confront her. It never happened though." His eye go blank, numb.

He's quiet, tears gathering in his eyes the raw emotions causing a shudder to race down my spine. I have never seen pure pain in anyone's eyes, not as much as I see in Christian's eyes.

"Then came the. . . attack. It. . .it. . .all. . .happened s-so f-fast. I. . ." He was breaking.

"It's okay, it's okay. You don't have to continue." I quickly wrap my arm on his shoulder, pulling him closer to me, trying to hold the tears in my own eyes.

"I wasn't even prepared for it! No one was!" He stutters.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I mutter quietly.

He stays quiet and I do too as I occasionally rubbed his hands held tightly in mine. No one deserves to go through that.

He shuffles slightly and moves away from me, detaching his hands from mine. He grabs the lower drawer of his night stand and pulls out a ring, identical with the one Jonah had. He runs his thumb on the bright ruby stone, a slight smile slipping to his lips.

"I remember getting Olivia that ring," a laugh leaves his mouth. "She loved playing in the large forest surrounding the pack when she was young. I know it sounds quite dangerous but you couldn't stop her even if you tried. She would come back holding a variety of wild flowers,  bugs and even sometimes what she called cool rocks."

A light smile forms on his lips. "She would get lost most of the time and come back tired, dirty and super hungry. Sometimes, she wouldn't even show up for hours and I would have to go looking for her. She would get a scolding and a warning not to go into the forest. She wouldn't listen. Dad tripled the security and even placed a warrior to guard her. Even then, she would evade him and cheekily laugh about it."

I can't help the smile that forms on my lips as I imagine a little girl evading an obviously trained warrior and enjoying it.

"I begged dad to make her something that would always lead her back to the pack. Something that would bring her back here. It was a ring. I gave it to her and promised her it would always, always lead her home. They were two and they attract each other. Almost like magnetic forces attracting each other. And it always worked. She found her way back each time."

"I didn't think she kept it. It was a long time ago." It's whispered.

"So that's how Jonah got here? The ring has some pull towards each other. So it was drawn to this one." I confirm and he nods, eyes meeting my own.

"Olivia knew this and the only way to save her is to bring her mate into this. Someone who can inform us where she is in that pack." Christian explains.

"So how are we going to bring her back? Knowing where she is won't help us get any closer to her or to save her." I inform him.

"That's your part, Ciane." My eyes turn to Jonah who is standing by the door, one hand shoved in his pocket, the other running through his hair, a look of guilt and shame rushing through his eyes. When did he get there and why does he look guilty?

"What do you mean "my part"" I quote.

"You'll have to go back to Wolf Creek Pack if you want to save Olivia."

Oh heck no!

----------

Hello guys! I don't know what I wrote for real! I was in a hurry and it's been quite a while.

What are your thoughts on this?

Have an amazing day/ night.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 13.3K 35
"You threw me to the rogues, but you never expected me to lead them. You thought they'd eat me, but instead they bow before me." She backs up, seemin...
423K 8.6K 28
She moved with a certain thoughtfulness about her. Every step was placed gently. Whether this is to disappear from those around her or to protect the...
213K 9.8K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
2.3K 99 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...