Silent Suffering

By DramaKelly

Midoriya is hit with a quirk during his internship, causing him to lose his voice. What they don't know is th... More

Chapter 1 - Mute
Chapter 2 - Rising Concerns
Chapter 3 - Team up Exercise
Chapter 4 - A talk with Kacchan
Chapter 5 - Movie Night
Chapter 6 - Notes and Concerns
Chapter 7 - Sleepover Aftermath
Chapter 8 - Blackout
Chapter 9 - Imposter Syndrome
Chapter 10 - Bakusquad Bonding
Chapter 11 - Planning a Date
Chapter 12 - Disastrous Confessions
Chapter 14 - Permission to Date
Chapter 15 - Hero World
Chapter 16 - Cake and Interrogation
Chapter 17 - Charcuterie
Chapter 18 - All For One
BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter 13 - Apologies

10.1K 429 203
By DramaKelly

A/N if you look closely, you can pinpoint the exact moment chapter 348 came out and the author had to change all her plans around : )

By the time Mina was informed about the confession fiasco, it was already too late to do damage control. All the girls in 1-A knew about it, even some 1-B girls, and some guys from their class too.
"I didn't even know he liked Bakugou that way! You girls know how much he blushes around me so I just assumed-" Uraraka exclaimed, tears rolling down her face as she explained what happened. The girls were there to provide comfort and help her through this heartbreak.

"Mina, did you know Bakugou likes Deku-kun?"

The pink girl was sitting awkwardly to the side, not really getting involved in the conversation up until now. Ashido had been mulling over things, trying to come up with a way to explain things properly. She knew how insecure Bakugou was, how happy he was now that he had a chance with Midoriya. Kirishima had told her all about it after their squad bonding moment when he complained how hard it was to be Blasty's wingman.

"Oh, uhm, well..." Mina mumbled, scratching her cheek as she avoided eye contact.
"It's just... You know Bakugou is emotionally constipated. He has a hard time showing how he feels"
"So you knew about it" Hagakure deadpanned.
"No. Yes..? Only recently, I swear!" Mina whined.

"I was so happy when I heard they got together! I didn't stop to think about your feelings, Ura, and I'm so sorry! I had no idea you were planning to confess! And it's just like him to get competitive and protective, I mean, this is Bakugou we're talking about, but still! I'll talk to him, I promise"
"I don't think you're going to need to" Jirou said, pointing to the door.

"I think Bakugou is here"

At that moment, there was a knock on the door, making most of the girls tense up.
"What would Bakugou be doing here?!" Uraraka whisper hissed.
"Maybe he came to apologize..?" Yaoyorozu suggested, getting some unbelieving looks from the others.

"What?"

"This is Bakugou we're talking about. He has never apologized for anything. Ever" Hagakure pointed out. There was more knocking after she said that.
"Oi, round fa- I mean, Uraraka, it's me. Can we talk?" sounded from the other side of the door.
"He used your name" Tsu whispered in disbelief.
"Girl, open up the damn door and talk to him!" Ashido whispered aggressively, pulling Uraraka up and pushing her towards the door.

"Come on, this is your chance! Give him a piece of your mind!" Hagakure encouraged her. Uraraka practically bumped into the door, quickly fixing her posture before opening up, coming face to face with the ash blonde that took her crush away from her.
"Everything okay in he-?" he frowned, only to lay eyes on the other girls in the background.
"Ah... I see"

With that he turned to walk away, only to be pushed back by Izuku, who was standing next to the door.
"What are you doing here?" Uraraka asked, looking at Deku for a moment, only for the green head to stare at Bakugou.
"I came to apologize" he started.
"You asked me to translate and I acted childish and got my own feelings involved. It was immature, like you said. So what's your favorite food?"

Uraraka blinked, confused, taking a moment to process everything he said.
"My favorite food? Why?"
"So I can cook it, why else would I fucking-!" Bakugou hissed, only to be slapped on his arm.
"Fuck. I want to make up for the way I behaved, okay? That shit wasn't okay and I don't want to start shit with you"

Uraraka frowned, glancing at Midoriya again before looking back at Bakugou.
"Deku-kun is forcing you to do this, isn't he?"
"I mean, yeah, but what I did was kinda messed up" Bakugou sighed.
"You're stupidly brave to confess like that, so you've got my respect, and I know you're a fucking perfect fit for this nerd here so I guess I got jealous or whatever, I'm sorry"

Izuku hit him again, quickly signing something only Katsuki could understand. Yet he didn't react to it.
"So round face, you've got a favorite food or what?"
"Oh, uhm, mochi..?" she said, still taking everything in. Bakugou was apologizing. Deku was making Bakugou apologize to her for the way he rejected her for him. She'd never expect him to go to such lengths for someone over something so trivial...

"You really care about Deku-kun, don't you?"

Bakugou was taken off guard by that question, but he quickly recovered.
"Of course I fucking care about him, round face, he's amazing and we both know it" he grunted.
"Expect your mochi soon. Come on Deku, let's leave these fucking gossip vultures to it, we obviously disturbed some shitty sobfest"

Uraraka didn't need to understand sign language to understand that Deku wasn't agreeing with Bakugou's choice of words. That didn't mean he didn't allow the blonde to drag him with him.
"What just happened?" Uraraka asked as she turned around to face the girls.
"Bakugou just apologized, that's what happened" Ashido pointed out.
"I'm so proud of him!"

Meanwhile Katsuki was dragging Izuku back to his room, embarrassed as fuck for doing that in front of all the damn girls of 1-A. And now he needed to start looking up mochi recipes! Deku better be fucking happy!
[I am happy, Kacchan] he signed when they stopped inside the elevator.
[And I'm proud of you! You were very polite and mature. Confident, like the Kacchan I look up to]

"Tch" Katsuki let out, turning away as a pink blush rose to his face. You can't just say things like that out of nowhere goddamnit! How the hell am I supposed to react to that?! Izuku chuckled a little as he heard Kacchan's thoughts enter his mind. His childhood friend could be so cute if he wanted to, it was adorable! By the time evening fell, the whole class knew how smitten he was for Izuku. The girls had told the boys about the whole confession and apology thing and now everyone was teasing Bakugou relentlessly.

"Are you sure Bakugou-kun is the right match for you? No offense mon ami, but you could get much better" Aoyama told him as the rest of the class pestered Bakugou about feelings and romance. It's definitely something he wouldn't approve of...
"Ah, but then again, you've always admired him, haven't you? I guess it can't be helped. As long as you are happy, I'm all for it!"

[Thank you] Izuku smiled, wondering who the person was that Aoyama thought of just now. The first thing that came to mind was a homophobe who wouldn't approve of same sex relationships. With the rise of body altering and fertility quirks, homophobia slowly disappeared over time. You can't claim it's against nature if quirks make it possible, right? Most religions even thought of quirks as gifts from their gods, so for it to be a sin to use them would be like turning your back towards god.

Still, some assholes remained. Izuku wondered if Aoyama knew someone like that...

"No! Are you kidding me?!"

Izuku turned his head at Ashido's exclamation.
"What is it?" Sero asked, raising a brow.
"All tickets to that old timey All Might movie are sold out for the weekend!" she whined.
"I didn't know you wanted to go see that one" Jirou frowned. She's not really a big All Might fan, right? At least, not more than the average person.
"It's not for me, it was for Bakugou's date with Midoriya!" Mina told her.

"Seriously Blasty? You've got Ashido planning your date?" Jirou asked with an amused smile.
"Oi, she insisted" Kacchan pointed out. Going to that movie would've been the perfect date for Deku. Damnit.
[Our date doesn't have to be All Might themed] Izuku signed. Of course the nerd knows All Might's name sign.

"Look, I'm gonna make sure our first date is fucking perfect so of course it has to be All Might themed, are you even fucking hearing yourself Deku?" Katsuki stated.
"I'm gonna make sure you fall so damn hard for me that no other extra is ever going to be able to top it"
[That's weirdly romantic and competitive of you. Truly Kacchan] Izuku answered.

"That's got to be the weirdest flirting I've ever witnessed" Kaminari pointed out.
"You two are made for each other"
[Thank you..?] Izuku signed, unsure of how to react to that.
"Keep your noisy ass to yourself, dunce face. I don't see you having any success with your pathetic flirting, now do I?" Kacchan hissed.

"Pathetic?!" Kaminari gasped, a hand placed over his heart.
"I'll have you know my flirting is top-notch!"
"Yeah...no" Jirou mumbled, earning another offended gasp from the fake Pikachu.
"Kami, sweetheart, I love you, but your flirting is bad" Ashido added.
"Not as bad as whatever they've got going on, but it's still not good"

"I'm not sitting here and taking this shit" Kacchan grumbled, getting up, ready to leave. Meet me in my room later if you wanna do homework together, Deku. We can go over our English assignment together.
[Okay Kacchan] Izuku signed, swatting Kacchan's hands away as the ash blonde ruffled his hair. The class watched their interaction and suddenly everything seemed to make sense.

"Oh my god, of course! How could I have been so blind to the sexual tension between the two of you?!" Uraraka gasped.
"That's it, I'm leaving" Bakugou stated, quickly exiting the room. I'm not dealing with this shit right now, no fucking way. Izuku wished he could've escaped the situation like Kacchan did, because now that his boyfriend was gone, all questions were directed towards him.

A lot of people were surprised by the fact Kacchan was the one who confessed, that they were together on Izuku's terms and not the other way around. And honestly, Izuku couldn't really blame them. The way he admired his childhood friend who seemingly didn't care about him at all really threw some people off. Some even thought Bakugou still hated Midoriya. But they all agreed that as long as the two of them were happy, they wouldn't make a big fuss. Izuku had to promise Uraraka he'd tell her if Kacchan ever hurt him, though.

"Midoriya, do you have a moment?"

Izuku was on his way to his room, ready to grab some schoolwork and make his way over to Kacchan's room to do some homework together. He didn't expect Tokoyami to be waiting for him. Izuku nodded, unsure of how this conversation was going to go since Tokoyami wasn't the best at sign language.
"It came to my attention that you don't have any concrete plans for this weekend, so I wanted to give you these"

Izuku was confused for a moment, only to freak out as Tokoyami handed him fast pass tickets to Hero World, a hero-themed amusement park he always dreamed of going to. They had a whole area dedicated to All Might! With rides displaying his different ages and costumes and even a small museum of his most memorable actions over the years and-
[I can't- This is- How did you get these tickets?] Izuku asked, trying very hard not to cry.

Dark Shadow seemed to know what he was saying, because he told Tokoyami almost exactly what Izuku had signed.
"There's a new Hawks ride opening this weekend, he needs to be there to talk to the press and to give out signatures" Tokoyami explained.
"He gave those tickets to all of his sidekicks but I'm not really a big fan of colorful, busy, noisy places. I figured you'd get the most use out of them"

[Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you-] Izuku rambled, tears spilling from his eyes as he realized his first date with Kacchan would be in Hero World of all places. Freaking Hero World!
"It's quite alright, there is no reason to get so emotional" Tokoyami said.
"See it as returning the favor" Dark Shadow added, confusing Izuku. Returning the favor? What favor?

"I really like the nightlight"

[...How did you know I was the one who gave it to you?] Izuku asked, embarrassed by the fact they found out it was him. Dark Shadow translated again. It was funny how Tokoyami's quirk knew sign better than the bird boy himself.
"Asui told me you bought it" Tokoyami told him. Yeah, that made sense now that Izuku thought about it...
"It was very considerate of you, so thank you. I hope you enjoy your date this weekend"

[Yes, thank you, I owe you] Izuku smiled, quickly pocketing the tickets.
[I'll go tell Kacchan the good news right away!]
He momentarily forgot they wouldn't understand Kacchan's name sign, too happy to care, already on his way to tell his boyfriend. Kacchan would be agitated that he wasn't the one who came up with the idea or paid for the tickets, but that would soon be overshadowed by joy.

Because let's be honest, Kacchan was just as much of a fanboy as he was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 179 18
Izuku is facing attachment issues ever since the liberation arc. He found himself unable to sleep without Katsuki beside him to reassure his existen...
1.5K 20 15
Midoriya Izuku never said a thing about Bakugo Katsuki's bullying. It was growing inside him, and eventually, it exploded. Bakugo's attitude towards...
24.1K 927 49
Izuku Midoriya seems like a happy boy but what happens if his perfect life flies out of the window? What if Katsuki broke him once too many? What if...
221K 8.7K 20
COMPLETE!!! Only his parents and the Midoriyas know that Bakugou has two quirks. Explosion and Outlet. Little do most people know, when people touch...