Stubborn Hugs

By Eternal-Mikrokosmos

After helping out a koala and bunny hybrid, you bring them home with your other hybrids to adjust. But a cert... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

24

1.3K 62 6
By Eternal-Mikrokosmos

“What are you going to do today?” Namjoon begins a conversation with you once everyone has left the island.

“I have to take Jungkook to his session, then I’ll be going to the store to work since I can’t keep staying away for long periods of time.” You sigh and he glances at Yoongi.

“You sure that won’t be too much for you? Especially with your arm?”

“I won’t have to do too much today, luckily for me I mostly have to do markdowns and reorganize some stations.” You wave your healthy hand dismissively and Yoongi walks over.

“I can’t keep watch over her today, so you’re going to watch over her for the day.” Yoongi pats Namjoon’s shoulder and your jaw drops in disbelief.

“Yoongi!”

“Don’t Yoongi me.” He points a stern finger in your direction and goes to his room to change for the day.

“Everyone else is going to be working today so they can’t watch over you, and Jungkook is busy, so that leaves me.” Namjoon scratches at the island counter and you sit up straight.

“Right, we’ll be alone.” You drag out, catching his attention.

“Well only a little.” He rolls his lips between his teeth and nods slowly, looking away.

“Could you two be any more awkward?” Jin fixes his jacket and you both jump.

“Leave them alone.” Yoongi gives Jin a pointed look and walks over to you, giving you a soft kiss in your hair.

“I’ll see you later, yeah?” He smiles and you blush, nodding slightly.

“Okay, be safe.”

He walks out the house and drives off, the rest of the boys coming to exit greet you with kisses and well wishes.

When you’re alone again, you slide out of your chair and pick up Jungkook’s food, heating it up.

Namjoon stares at your back and taps the counter top, debating if he should say something.

“Hey-”

“Noona I’m ready!” Jungkook comes down the stairs and Namjoon shuts his eyes.

“Good, here.” You take out the food from the microwave that finished heating his food and hand it to him.

“Eat, I can smell your hunger from upstairs.”

“You’re not going?”

“I didn’t say that. I just want you to eat.” You take his bookbag off him and make him sit, handing him a utensil.

“I’m gonna get dressed, be right back.” You ruffle his hair between his tall bunny ears and head upstairs.

Jungkook quietly starts eating, not minding Namjoon’s presence.

“Thanks..” Jungkook murmurs, his cheek full of food.

“For?” Namjoon asks, understanding what he said regardless.

“Last night.” He tugs softly at his shirt.

“Oh, no need to thank me. I know you would have done the same.” Namjoon smooths his long hair and thinks about cutting it, pulling up a strand.

“You’ve been getting closer to her, that’s good.” Jungkook picks at his food and takes another mouthful before he can say anything else.

“That doesn’t seem good.” Namjoon raises a brow, eyeing the bunny.

He shakes his head.

“I’m happy for you.” He stuffs his cheeks again and Namjoon frowns.

“Is this about what happened last time? You think I’ll leave you?”

Jungkook swallows down his food and gulps down his juice, slamming the glass down so hard it nearly shatters.

“No no, I’m not doing this. I’m going to speak about it with my therapist and we won’t have to put Noona in danger. None of this is going to happen.” Jungkook stiffly smiles and picks up his plate, aggressively washing it.

“Alright, I am set- Namjoon, why haven’t you gotten dressed?” You stop at the bottom of the stairs, wearing a knit (f/c) sweater and black jeans, boots to match.

“I was just about to. Didn’t want to leave him alone.” He stiffly gets up and leaves the room, jogging upstairs.

“How was breakfast?”

“Fine.”

“Did you get enough sleep?”

“No.”

“Did you want something from my store?”

“No.”

“Is there anything you’re forgetting?”

“No.”

You nod, used to this type of response from Yoongi and Taehyung when you first took them in, Yoongi lasted about 2 years and Taehyung 1.

“If we have time, do you want to go to a gym?” You ask, this time Jungkook doesn’t answer immediately.

“What for?”

Got him.

“So you can find another outlet, besides talking.” You smile at him and he side-eyes you.

“How would that help me?”

“Some people find the adrenaline rush freeing, you get to get into shape while releasing some of the stress. Without hurting anyone, of course.”

Jungkook casts his gaze to the ground, thinking.

“What do you think I should do?”

“Well, you could start with basic training first. You look like someone who would get into boxing, too.” You sit on the counter and he follows you with his eyes.

“Boxing?”

“Yeah, punching, tactics, self defense as well.” You tilt your head from side to side and he frowns, giving it some thought.

“I’m done.” Namjoon comes down and you stare at his white fitted sweater complimented by a dark green plaid jacket, black corduroy pants to tie it all together.

“Okay, let’s go.” You quickly hop off the counter and take your keys along with your bag and go outside, waiting for the boys to exit until you close the door, locking it.

------🐨------

“Don’t carry that.” Namjoon takes a small box full of books from your arms, taking it with him.

“Namjoon, I’ll be fine.” You smile at him and thank him when he places it down on a small table by the register.

“I don’t need your cut to open up again.” He frowns when you start slipping temporary bookmarks in the book, a clearance price on it.

“My cut is basically closed. I’ll be okay.”

“Then why are you still wearing the bandage?”

“Because Yoongi thinks a cut is fully healed when it’s scarred or gone.” You stop, resting your arm on the box.

“He’s not wrong.”

You squint at him and continue labeling.

“Do me a favor, get the other boxes for me and help me label them.” You shoo him away and he jogs to the back, carrying 2 more boxes.

“Ah-”

“Oh-”

Namjoon stops in front of a girl with fox ears, her piercings glinting in the light whenever she moves them.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you there.” Namjoon bows slightly and nearly drops the boxes, the girl immediately stopping them from falling over.

“It’s okay, I’m sorry for bumping into you. I’ve never seen you here before, I’m a regular.”

“I’m just helping out my, caretaker.” Namjoon winces at the name and tilts his head.

“Probably should have used a different term.” He chuckles and she laughs, agreeing.

“Yeah, I saw you immediately cringe right after. I’m Nora.”

“Namjoon, it’s nice to meet you.” He smiles and she goes to pick up a box.

“Here, I’ll help you since it’s the last box anyway.”

“You sure? There’s a lot in there.”

“I’m a strong fox, I got it.” She winks at him and he smiles again, leading her to the register.

“How long have you been coming here?” He asks her, watching her ears twitch at the sound of his voice.

“A little after they opened. I don’t remember when they did, I think it’s been a while.” She scrunches her nose.

You look up from ringing someone out and nearly shout when you see a fox girl carrying a box next to Namjoon.

You rush over and take the box from her arms, startling both of them.

“Hey-”

“Namjoon, you can’t let customers carry inventory.” You look up at him and he suddenly looks flustered, setting down his own boxes by the last one.

“We were just making conversation, she just happened to help me.”

“That’s fine, but you can’t let them help like that, they could get hurt.”

“Excuse me, I’m completely capable of taking care of myself.”

“I’m sure you can, but it’s company policy and I’m not having any cases started here.” You look at her and she scoffs.

“Who are you?”

“I’m the owner of this store.” You raise a brow at her and she looks flushed as well.

“(Y/n) your arm-”

“I’m fine, Namjoon.” You look up at him and drop the box on top of the others, walking back around the register.

He flinches when you drop the box, surprising him with your tone.

“Mh, I should get going. It was nice meeting you, I hope we can see each other again.” She smiles at him and he nods, smiling slightly at her.

“Same here. Have a nice day.”

She walks out of the store and you make your progress through all the books, a crease between your brow the entire time.

“Why couldn’t she help me?”

“Because she doesn’t work here. It’s one thing helping you with something small like putting back a book into your box if you dropped it but it’s another thing carrying an entire box with you. Some people demand compensation for it.”

You quickly finish your boxes and Namjoon looks through them.

“You finished fast.”

You tap your fingernails on the counter and your manager, Jeongyeon, comes in, waving to you.

You smile and wave back, your frown reappearing when she disappears in the back.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” You clock out when Jeongyeon comes back and clocks in, telling her everything that needs to be done.

“Let’s go.” You walk to the back and get all of your stuff, handing him his jacket as you make your way outside.

“Wait, (Y/n). Why are you in such a rush?”

“Jungkook’s session is ending soon. I don’t like to keep him waiting.” You climb into your car and so does he, both strapping on your seatbelts and driving in silence.

“I made my first friend..” Namjoon whispers and you grip the steering wheel tighter.

“That’s good.” You say, your eyes flitting from mirror to mirror.

He glances at your creased eyebrows and holds his hands together.

“She was nice.” He continues and you try your best not to squeeze the wheel any tighter in fear you’ll pull it off.

“Was she? What did you talk about? She seemed, interested in you.” You smile and park in front of Jungkook’s therapy building.

“She called my ears cute, I said hers were pretty, too.” He scratches his cheek and you click off your seatbelt.

“Let’s go get Jungkook.” You get out of your car and he hurriedly follows, struggling to keep up with your pace.

You walk inside and tell the receptionist you’re here to pick up Jungkook. She lets you know he’s almost done and tells you to have a seat in the waiting room.

You thank her and head over, taking a seat with your eyes closed.

Tapping a silent finger on your wrist, the crease in your eyebrow never disappears.

“Are you okay?” Namjoon gently takes a seat next to you and you nod, your eyes remaining closed.

“You don’t seem okay.”

“Namjoon, a moment of silence please.” You whisper and he jumps, blushing at your soft tone.

Nodding even though you can’t see him, he silences.

After 20 minutes or so, Jungkook comes out of the room looking for you.

“Noona?” He whispers timidly around the few people in the quiet room, but your head immediately perks up.

Shooting up, you rush over to him, sensing his heart rate.

“What happened?”

“Nothing,” He laughs, sniffling right after.

“We just talked about a couple serious things, I’ll be okay, Noona.” He sniffles again and you dig in your bookbag, taking out a mini packet of tissues, handing it to him. He chuckles and tears it open, using one,

“Thanks. Can we go? I’m hungry.” He sniffles out and you hold his hand, walking out with him.

Namjoon stares at Jungkook’s hunched posture as he pretends to bite your hand to lighten the mood.

“I don’t want take out, can you make me something?”

“Of course, what are you in the mood for?”

“Maybe naengmyeon or Bibimbap?”

“Well, now you made me hungry for both.” You smile at him and he chuckles evilly, his plan all along.

“You didn’t want to go check out a gym like we had planned earlier?”

He shakes his head.

“I’ve had enough exhaustion for a day, I just want to sleep and eat.” He gets in the car with you and Namjoon sits in the back, silently putting on his seatbelt.

He doesn’t want to interrupt his time with you.

“Yoongi won’t be home until like 5 am, he has a few things to do today.” You mention, Jungkook pouts.

“I wanted to watch a new movie with him..”

“He would fall asleep halfway, Jungkook.” You tease, making him scoff.

“He’s not that old to do that.” He waves you off and suddenly taps his chin in thought, turning back to you.

“Is he..?”

“That depends on the movie you were planning on watching and how tired he is.” You pat his hand softly and he groans, leaning his head back.

------🌙------

When you arrive home, you get started on the food Jungkook wanted, making enough for the whole house, and seconds.

“Noona, let's watch this movie!” Jungkook seems in a better mood than in the morning, bouncing in his seat as he flicks through movies on the tv.

“Tell me what it’s about and maybe I will.”

“It’s about zombies-”

“No.”

“Wh- I wasn’t done!”

“Last time we watched a zombie movie together, you almost kicked Yoongi for waking up in the middle of the night.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault he walks so slow and groans like one when he’s barely awake.” He points an upset finger at you and continues to look through the selections.

“(Y/n)?” Namjoon startles you when he calls out directly behind you, jumping away when you toss the metal spoon behind you.

“Yes?” You respond, going to pick it up.

“You have a minute?” He plays with his sweater and you wash the spoon, nodding.

“While I make this, yes.” You look up at him and he rolls his lips between his teeth, teetering on what to say.

“I, want to make more friends.”

“Okay.”

“You’re not upset?”

You blink.

“Why would I be upset over you wanting to socialize?”

“You looked a little upset earlier, with the girl with the pretty ears.” He scratches his neck and you stop cutting the vegetables.

“I, was only upset because you let her do more than she should have.” You smile stiffly, going back to cutting.

“So, you don’t mind if I’m friends with girls?”

“Namjoon, you’re a grown man. I can’t control who you’re friends with.”

“Great, can you take me back to the bookstore tomorrow so that I can get the girl’s number?” He smiles and you suddenly cut the vegetables with so much aggression your finger becomes one.

“Noona!” Jungkook jumps up when he hears you stop and smells the blood, pulling Namjoon out of the way and running your finger under the water.

“Noona are you okay?” He asks, watching as the blood goes down the sink.

“Hm?”

Noona!” He shakes you and you blink, only realizing what happened.

“Oh my god-” You pull your hand out from under the water and grab a few paper towels, squeezing your finger with them.

“I’m okay, this happens all the time. Do me a favor and get me the aid kit from the bathroom, please?” You smile at Jungkook and he hesitantly leaves to get it.

You take a seat on the chair by the island and Namjoon stares at you.

“(Y/n)..?”

“Yes?”

“Are you upset?”

“I’m upset I hurt myself when I just got healed. Another thing for Yoongi to scold me over.” You sigh, watching Jungkook rush back with the box.

He opens it and does as he’s told, carefully disinfecting you and wrapping up your finger in gauze.

“Thank you, Kookie. You took care of me very well.” You ruffle his hair with your right hand and go to finish cooking.

You clean the knife and throw away the soiled vegetables, cleaning the cutting board and starting over.

Jungkook pulls Namjoon away from you into the living room.

“You can’t distract her when she’s using sharp utensils, Namjoon.” He scolds him, sitting back down.

------🐨------

Yoongi walks through the door later in the day right when the food is finished, taking a deep inhale at the smell.

“Something smells-” He stops as he’s putting his jacket up, looking at you as you serve the two boys a plate.

“Like blood, what did you do?” He rushes over and tosses the rest of his stuff on the floor.

You wave your left injured pointer finger.

“Accident.” You smile, making him uneasy.

“Yoongi hyung!” Jungkook jumps off the couch and Yoongi sniffs him, startling the bunny.

“You helped her.”

“And he did a very good job of it.” You look at him pointedly and Yoongi gives him a soft pat on the shoulder.

“Thanks.” He walks back to his discarded items and Jungkook is beaming at you, his little tail wiggling in pride and excitement.

Yoongi takes his stuff to his room and Namjoon knocks on his door before entering his territory.

“Come in.”

He opens the door slowly, looking around the room and closing the door behind him.

“What is it?” Yoongi charges his electronics and Namjoon pushes his hair out of his face.

“It’s about (Y/n)..”

Yoongi takes a seat on the bed, waiting.

“She’s been acting, stiff..around me..”

“Since?”

“This morning.”

“What happened?”

“Nothing really. She got upset that I let a fox girl help me with some stuff and then proceeded to ask me about what we talked about.”

Yoongi waits for him to finish. He doesn’t.

“And?”

“And what?”

“What did you talk about?”

“Oh! Uh, I told her about how the girl said my ears were cute, and I said hers were pretty.”

Yoongi’s face drops.

“Then I asked her if she was upset about said girl with the pretty ears, and asked if she could take me back so I could get her number.”

Yoongi has his head in his hands by the time Namjoon is done talking, making him worry more.

“Okay, so, couple discrepancies here. One, you’re talking about a,” He waves his hands around to find a word but decides he can’t find a better one.

Pretty girl, around her. Two, you’re asking her to help you be with said girl. Three, did you ever say anything to (Y/n) about her ears, when she had them?”

Namjoon slowly shakes his head.

“Ah, that makes it worse. Okay, (Y/n) has this, ordeal, about her wolf ears. She misses them, of course, but doesn’t like the problems they come with.”

“I don’t understand..”

“She thinks she looks better with them, but doesn’t want another identity crisis to happen. Or another hospital experiment to happen.”

“She wants them back?”

“I don’t know, what she wants. She’s always changing her mind. Point is, don’t talk about girls with her. Especially not about their ears.”

“Right..”

“What is it now?”

“I still, kind of don’t understand why not.”

“She’s jealous, you dolt. She’s jealous that another girl has your attention, god.” Yoongi throws his hands up in the air and Namjoon’s cheeks redden.

“Why would she be jealous?”

“Namjoon, get out.” Yoongi hides his face behind his hand and points out the door.

"Don't eat so quickly you're going to choke." You pat a coughing Jungkook's back, fanning him with a nearby notebook.

"Too late." He chokes out between coughs, trying not to let food fly out of his mouth.

You refill his glass of water and continue patting him until he finishes coughing.

"(Y/n)?" Namjoon finally speaks up when Jungkook finishes choking, catching your attention.

"Can we talk? Alone?" He plays with the strings of his sweater and you look down at Jungkook who's already eating again.

"Yeah." You follow him as he leads you up to his room and Yoongi comes out of his, going to serve himself.

When you both make it up to his room, you stand aside as he closes the door behind him.

"Everything okay?" You ask.

"Are you jealous?" He suddenly asks and your face flushes.

"I'm sorry?"

"Of the girl?"

You stiffen.

"No."

"There, you're doing it again!"

"What am I doing?!"

"Getting all stiff and weird!" He sits on the bed and you frown.

"Why are you getting jealous over some girl?"

You scoff loudly.

"I have no reason to get jealous over her."

"Then why are you?"

You stare at each other and you look at his koala ears, feeling your own flick, if you had them.

You slide down the wall and curl up your knees to your chest.

You mumble something and he leans forward.

"What?"

"I miss them..and you've never said mine were pretty.." You're too embarrassed to look anywhere but the floor, realizing how stupid you're being.

He straightens and watches your unmoving nature, watching your chest struggle to take deep, full breaths.

"I didn't think I needed to.." He says and you wince, hiding your face in your arms that are resting on your knees. He said the wrong thing.

"I didn't mean it like that." He gets off the bed and sits next to you, your shoulder touching his arm.

"I meant, I didn't think I needed to say they were pretty because I thought you knew." He looks down at you and you don't face him.

"No one ever called them pretty...or anything nice.." You sniffle and he realizes you're crying, something you don't do often in front of anyone.

"I liked them, but the more I got tested on, the worse they got…" You quickly wipe your face and his eyes never leave you.

"Even before I got played with, no one ever said anything good about them.. So I thought it was for the best that they got removed." You laugh to choke back a sob, not daring to look at him.

"I miss them.. Even if no one said anything good about them..I felt like they added onto me, like earrings on a pretty girl..It made her look prettier with such a small detail.." You sniffle and wipe your face with your sleeve again.

Namjoon digs in his pocket and pulls out the pack of tissues you gave Jungkook earlier, taking one out and tapping your arm softly.

When you look up at him, he holds your chin and wipes your face from your tears gently, your eyes closing when he dabs them.

"I think you look pretty with and without them. You've always been the same pretty girl to me, hybrid or not." He rubs his thumb over your cheek and you keep your eyes on him, feeling your neck heat up.

"Am I prettier than her?" You whisper, slightly embarrassed.

He chuckles deeply, pressing his forehead to yours.

"She doesn't even compare to you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628 36 9
After contracting in to the Bangtan pack through Pack Mates, Y/N enters the pack house with the goal of helping the three unpresented pups along. The...
140K 6.7K 16
(Hybrids x Reader) After an urgent phone call from your best friend, life becomes a chaotic, emotional roller coaster. You must learn to navigate liv...
484 25 1
Pairing: BTS Yoongi/Suga (Doberman Pinshcer Hybrid) x Reader (human) Genre: Fluff/ Slight Angst/ Smut/ Hybrid au/ Office worker (reader)/ Bodyguard a...
40.9K 4.5K 39
[α΄€ ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ κœ°α΄€Ι΄κœ°Ιͺα΄„α΄›Ιͺᴏɴ] In which the predatory and prey species are safely kept away from one another, in case their natural instincts surface. Howev...