𝔻𝕚𝕣𝕥 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕄𝕪...

By Angsty0Vibes

[ON GOING]/HIATUS] "𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵...𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴... More

Before We Begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Update
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34.5 (New Year's Special)
No Chapter (UPDATE)

Chapter 23

1.2K 72 33
By Angsty0Vibes

Authors note: I do not own the original story line or characters, just my added plot line.

Takemichi's POV

October 31st, 2005

"It really does seem like your only goal in life is to destroy what is precious to me. So-" Mikey stood tall above Kazutora who laid on the ground beneath him. Kazutora struggled for a moment to sit back up on his elbows to look Mikey directly in the eyes.

"I won't hesitate in finishing you right now." With those words Kazutora was hit hard in the side of his head by Mikey's kick. The kick was strong enough to send the man flying further away, dust flying through the air as he slid on the dirt ground.

Mikey only walked closer to Kazutora, he wasn't quick but definitely determined. It was incredible that Kazutora was able to even try to stand up from that blow. It was all in vain though, once they were side by side again Mikey threw Kazutora even further away with another kick to the face.

That time though, Kazutora did not get back up, he laid sprawled out on the ground. The continuous impacts to his head were now taking their toll. Mikey just made his way over, nobody dared to intervene at this point. He sat himself on Kazutora, straddling him as he placed a hand on his neck to steady the man. Mikey then lifted his arm and landed a punch directly in Kazutora's face. Not once, but over and over again, there was no hint of emotion in Mikey's eyes as he brutally beat the man he once called his friend.

"Mikey! Stop this!" The familiar voice rang behind me.

I took the moment to look behind me at the bloodied (Y/n) who fought to get out of Draken's grip. The more he struggled the more Draken looked frustrated with him, it was obvious there was a great strength difference.

"Let me go god damnit!" (Y/n) snapped at Draken, even with the added fatigue from being hit in the head (Y/n) seemed determined. Maybe it was his sense of justice, morals, I wasn't sure. Not only had Kazutora apparently killed Mikey's brother but he also killed Baji and tried to kill Mikey. Not even adding in the fact that he obviously had no regard for (Y/n) either. Why was he so determined to save Kazutora's life from Mikey?

"Don't get yourself further involved! You can't do anything at this point!" Draken looked towards Mikey. "He already made up his mind...." Even with Draken's reasoning, whether it was poor or accurate (Y/n) did not listen.

"He can't do this! No matter what this isn't Mikey!" (Y/n) in his panicked state seemed to resort to his last-ditch effort. He stopped his struggling for a mere moment, Draken had wrapped his arms around (Y/n) in an effort to get him to stand still. In the moment when Draken finally thought (Y/n) had given up, (Y/n) reached for Draken's arm and bit him, hard enough that Draken loosened his grip enough for (Y/n) to get out.

(Y/n) ran right past me to Mikey. The only one who made an effort to stop Mikey was (Y/n), it was always (Y/n).

I could hear the concerns from the other Toman members as we all watched the scene play out. I couldn't stop the memories of what Draken had told me in the future, everything was turning out exactly how it had then. Tears weld up in my eyes without warning, was I already too late despite my efforts?

"Mikey, stop it!" (Y/n) was now on Mikey, his arms grabbing onto the boy with all his strength. I could see (Y/n) using every ounce of strength to try and pull Mikey off of Kazutora. Kazutora wasn't moving, instead he just took it, I doubt he was even conscious at this point.

I couldn't help my crying at this point, I hadn't changed anything. My negative thoughts were overwhelming and I couldn't even move.

"Mikey stop! He's still alive you have to fucking stop I swear to god!" (Y/n)'s please fell on deaf ears. But the most unexpected voice rang through the crowd from above.

"Oi, Mikey!" That was the only thing that had gotten Mikey to cease his inevitable murder. Mikey and (Y/n) looked behind them in shock to see Baji standing. Though he coughed up a considerable amount of blood.

(Y/n) let go of Mikey now as Mikey stood up on his own, shock filling him as he looked at his friend who he swore had died. Baji's fatigue was obvious, he could barely stand up without falling over. Mikey made his way from Kazutora to Baji, his eyes wide as ever.

"To think you'd get upset for me, wow, thanks man." Baji smiled, a genuine but also heartbroken smile. It was hard to look at him, even if he wasn't dead now it was clear he wasn't going to last long. Blood dripping down his mouth made it even worse.

Baji made his way down the stack of cars despite Chifuyu's worried protests. Mikey didn't move, his eyes glued to Baji who slowly made his way to him. Well that's what I thought until he walked past Mikey and to Kazutora. (Y/n) stepped further out of the way, his eyes glued on the two in front of him like if anything went wrong he'd have to stop it.

"You thought that was enough to kill me huh?" Baji smiled through his words as he spoke down to Kazutora. His eyes were wide like saucers. Despite Baji's words, the amount of blood that was pouring out of him from the moment he stood up contradicted him. He wouldn't survive that stab wound. With that Baji reached into his pocket and flipped open a switch blade.

"I refuse to die because of you." Baji readied the blade above him and at full force drove the blade into his stomach and twisted it.

"Baji!" Chifuyu without missing a step ran towards his beloved friend, grabbing his head and putting him in his lap.

Kazutora stood up now, walking towards Mikey who stood in the same position.

"Mikey, look! Now it's time you both go to hell together, ready to join him?" Kazutora asked barely able to keep his head up. Tears ran down his face without stop, a wicked and confused smile on his lips.

"Don't test me, I will kill you." Mikey's eyes trailed over to Kazutora with a very unamused look.

I ran over to Baji and Chifuyu's sides now. "Why would you do that!? Are you insane!?" I was so confused on what just happened.

"Come....here." Baji requested towards me, I without much hesitation did as he asked. I knelt down towards him.

"The enemy,...it's Kisaki." My eyes widened as he spoke. "After Pah went to jail, Kisaki made a deal with Mikey to let him be the leader of the third division in exchange for Pah's freedom." Baji's breathing started to get worse now. "Pah is the only third division captain, he can't be replaced." Tears were now visible in his eyes. "Pah, Mistuya, Draken, (Y/n), Mikey,...Kazutora. All of them, they are my world." Tears now dripped down Baji's pale face. "I just wanted to figure things out on my own, and I couldn't."

Chifuyu lifted Baji up slightly more. "Kazutora didn't kill me, I killed myself....Mikey has no reason to kill him." The serious look he gave me broke me, I stood up, trying to wipe my own tears so I could see better.

" Take care of Toman, of Mikey." Baji asked, something so simple, but so heavy. "Keep an eye on (Y/n) too.....Something doesn't seem right."

"Stop, no, don't say shit like that!" I shouted at him as if that would change anything. But he ignored me with a smile. His attention now on Chifuyu.

"Let's get some Penyang yakisoba and split it, okay?" Baji asked with the most loving smile.

"Of course..." Chifuyu sniffed, holding in his full on sobs.

"Thanks..." Baji breathed out. Then, he wasn't moving, his eyes were closed. Chifuyu did nothing but hold him close as if he was the most precious thing to him.

The next thing I knew Mikey threw a punch at Kazutora over and over again. "I'll fucking kill you!"

Chifuyu looked at me, he was talking to me but it might've been to nobody at the same time. "He was fighting on his own and I couldn't do anything! Baji, god I'm so sorry!" He sobbed hysterically. I couldn't stop the tears coming from me either.

In a rage I turned back to Mikey. Unsurprisingly (Y/n) had tried to intervene but was pushed out of the way. He grabbed onto Mikey once again trying to use his strength to stop him but he was practically dragged around as he clung to Mikey. His words were not getting through no matter what he tried to say.

I took this as my sign to step in for the first time. I stood in front of Mikey and blocked Kazutora. I inhaled heavily as I raised my arms up in defense.

"Move Takemichy, I'll kill you." The look in Mikey's eyes told me he wasn't lying. I stood my ground though and didn't move. I embraced the punch to my face that Mikey delivered.

(Y/n) looked visibly shocked at Mikey's action and he released him. As I fell (Y/n) stood in front of me as if to protect me.

"Baji didn't want this Mikey!" I used this moment to say what was important.

Mikey went to walk around (Y/n) to get to me but (Y/n) pushed Mikey away. "Don't touch him Mikey, he didn't do anything." (Y/n) was heaving in heavy breaths as he looked Mikey dead in the eyes.

" Don't get in my way (Y/n)." He pushed (Y/n) back with more force and walked up to me, kicking me away.

"Don't you dare fucking talk for him." Mikey looked purely insulted by my comment.

I tried to regain myself as I laid on the ground. "He's dead Mikey!" I sat up quickly. "Get it through your head!" I threw off my jacket in frustration as a small purple charm fell out of it.

Conveniently it fell right in front of Mikey who took immediate notice.

"Baji died for all of you! He refused to let Kazutora kill him and killed himself instead. He cared about him, he cared about you! He wanted more than anything for you to forgive him! He loved you guys, so so much!" I wept as I spoke, wiping my tears, it was hard to see anything now.

Mikey didn't pay attention to me, he walked right up to me and grabbed the purple charm with intense interest. "Takemichy...where did you find this?" His eyes were glued to the charm.

"I found it at the last meeting at the shrine." I didn't realize it held any importance till Draken, Mitsuya, and (Y/n) made their way closer to look at it as well.

"This is...." Mikey's eyes seemed to shine through the darkness. "That's right...Baji was the one who created Toman....all we wanted was to be a gang, in order to protect one another." I looked up to see not only Draken and Mitsuya crying, but almost everyone else.

"Baji. He did all this on his own, just to keep that promise." Mikey smiled for just a moment before he broke down in tears. This was the first time I ever saw him cry without hiding it. "I'm so sorry..."

Now, the sounds of sirens were growing louder. That was everyone's cue to head out before everyone was caught.

"Everyone needs to leave; I am staying with him." Kazutora broke through the silence. "This was my fault, so I am going to end it."

I half expected Mikey to get violent again, but instead he only nodded in agreement.

"Alright."

Draken now took the lead and shouted out to the members of Toman. "We need to get out, now!"

Most men walked out crying or silent, nobody wanted to be here anymore.

"Mikey..." Kazutora called out as he walked away. "You never have to forgive me but know I will carry this for the rest of my life." Draken, Mistuya, Chifuyu, Mikey, and (Y/n) stopped for a moment to listen before continuing to walk without a word.

All except (Y/n) who turned around. "You better, remember who you hurt, who else has to live with the consequences of your actions." (Y/n) turned back around and started walking. " I really hope that we get you back someday. You're so much better than this."

Kazutora stayed bowing through it all, even when I grabbed my jacket and began to walk away with everyone else.

Author's note: Next chapter will be very triggering for some readers. I will put a trigger warning for everything discussed in the chapter. If anyone decides to skip reading it and wants a synopsis of what happened please let me know. I'll add a summary of that chapter at the beginning of chapter 25. It will be important in terms of understanding the reader and his thoughts and actions. As always, thank you for the support, I'm shocked with how far this book has come along and am looking forward to continue it. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 50.2K 68
Things changed after that one fateful day, since then you've been labeled as the 'Toman traitor' and was kicked out of the gang, but the only ones wh...
485K 21.1K 57
[COMPLETE ✅] *✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿* After years of unconsciousness, she regained her "life" only to find the people she treasured had changed for t...
5.4K 180 11
Every day, you wake up, remembering only small fragments of a distant memory. A past life maybe? Everything in that dream was dark. Especially him. ...
11.5K 369 63
~Currently on hiatus~ and is on AO3 As an ex-delinquent with a knack for ticking others off with his mouth, Danaju Hanagaki has lived most of her adu...