Everything that lies beneath...

By Kawaiisama

Currently under a major edit :)) More

I: Introduction
II: Meeting
III. Lightning Flash? and what Deal?!
V. Not so Peaceful Festival at all
VI. From us to them
VII. Konohagakure
VIII. 3 views: Ami, Naruto and Hinata
IX. A nice day
X. Food here and there
XI. Little Princess
XII. Chuunin (Part 1)
XIII. Chuunin (Part 2)
XIV. Chuunin (Part 3)
XV. Chuunin (Part 4)
NOT A CHAPTER
ASAP

IV. Festival!!

6.9K 226 98
By Kawaiisama

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto nor it's characters.

{♥}♦{♥}

A figure that was hiding silently under one of the windows of the Mizukage Tower outside was... Let's just say, angry was an understatement.

Narrowing it's eyes when "Haruno Sakura" was mentioned on their conversation.

'What is that old scum trying to do?' It thought.

A few more minutes of listening and after hearing that the meeting was adjourned, it left quickly before anyone could sense it.

'I see.' The figure thought.

{♥}♦{♥}

"Sakura-chan!!" A blur of orange was her only sign of an incoming human cannonball.

Dodging to the right, she avoided the figure in orange. Which, made the figure enraged and pointed his index finger to her.
"Sakura-chan! That was mean!!" Uzumaki Naruto shouted as if the person did a crime.

"Gomenasai, Uzumaki-san... It's just... Uhh, I don't really like it if I'm greeted with a human cannonball.." Haruno Sakura said sheepishly while rubbing the back of her neck.

"Huh? Human Cannonball? Where?!" Naruto asked while looking left and right for the 'human cannonball'

'Is he really this stupid?' The girl thought.

"Oi, Naruto!" Hatake Kakashi, his Genin Squad Leader came running to them.
"Naruto," he continued, "don't just run off like that, Minato-sama would have my head if anything happens to you." He finished with concern.

Naruto rubbed the back of his neck, while Sakura peered behind the Jonin to see the group and the Hokage walking towards them.

"Naruto, you idiot! This isn't Konoha where you can just explore anywhere, dattebane!" His mother, Uzumaki-Namikaze Kushina scolded him while chocking him with her hand.

Sakura nervously chuckled at the scene 'This...is awkward, funny yet awkward...' She thought.

"Baka! You could've gotten lost!" Kushina continued her rant.

The Pinkette sighed... Yes, what awkward scene it is....

{♥}♦{♥}

"Ehhh?! A FESTIVAL?!!!" The genin shouted as the Fourth Hokage countinued,

"Yes, we're going to a festival. Tonight's celebration is about the night sky." Minato said.

"Uhmmm, otou-san, Night sky?" Naruto asked, clearly confused.

"Please explain, Hokage-sama." Some of them also asked.

"The Village Hidden in the Mist has a special night, it only happens twice a year. At midnight, the mist lifts which allows the starry night sky come to view. And we we're lucky enough to arrive exactly before the festival. It's called 'The Sky Festival'" He explained.

Some nodded while some (Ami and Ino) asked some more questions.

"Is there anything else important, like if you hug the love of your life, will he love you too?" Ami asked.
"Is there anything related to it about love?" Ino asked again.

"Well, from what I'm told, if you kiss the love of your life, exactly at midnight, you'll live happily together. Well, it's just a rumor though" The Young Hokage stated.

Immediately, the two girls have heart eyes while looking at Sasuke.

Sasuke's right eye twitched with disgust and annoyance.

{♥}♦{♥}

[Mizukage Tower/9:30 pm]

"Alright, let's make tonight's festival a success!" Mei stated with confidence.

Facing her was Chunin, Jonin, ANBU and ANBU Black Ops alike, they were formed in straight lines and was carefully listening to her.

"Chunin," She pointed to a group which was wearing their Chunin Vests, "I want you to be on the ground, assist civillians and tourist alike." "Jonin," She then pointed to another group, "I want you to be on the roofs, make sure no one gets into a fight."
"ANBU and ANBU Black Ops," She now pointed to the last two groups wearing their masks and ANBU standard Clothing. "Stay in the shadows, and look for any suspicious characters. Am I clear?" The Mizukage finished.

"Hai!"

"Good, now you're all dismissed!"

With them disappearing with 'poofs' of smoke, someone knocked on her door.

"Come in." She said.

Opening the door, a group came in: The Seven Swordsmen and ANBU Team 13

"You called, Mizukage-sama?" The Pinkette asked.

"Yes, I want all of you, to guard the Konoha Shinobi and most importantly, the Hokage." The Mizukage stated with no hint of softness in her voice.

"Eto, why?" Hikaru asked.

"We've been getting reports of a group lurking in our borders for the past few weeks. It accelerated earlier this morning." She explained.

"Heh. So then they must be here for those Konoha Shinobi." Kisame chuckled.

"Hai, that would be my guess. Sakura, I want you to be very very close to them, especially the genin." Mei ordered.

"Hai!" Sakura said.

"Good, now you're all dismissed." Then the group poofed away.

Turning her chair to look into her windows she thought
'What could they possibly want?'

{♥}♦{♥}

The girls were currently wearing a Kimono while the boys were wearing a Yukata. Which in the end, they separated into two groups (more like the genins splited), Girls and Boys.

"Oi! Let's try that!" Was a statement which came out of nearly everyone's moith as they tried different stands and games.

'This...is...a pain in the ass' The group that was assigned to guard the Konoha Shinobi thought. After all, they splitted into groups, they just made their task harder.

A figure that has Pink hair and a Cat ANBU Mask was currently guarding the Genin, well they weren't together, but they we're near each other. She shifted her position letting her left knee to support her weight, she was after all in between two walls, and---let's just say, small was a bit of an understatement.

"Mama! Mama! Look at what I found!!" A child no older than 6 was running to her mother, in her hand was a ball, a yellow ball.
"Mama!" The child let out a giggle before tripping into something, making her fall down.

But before she came contact onto the ground, she was saved by a figure in black and white. Setting her down, now in her feet, near her mother, the figure then stood to her height.

Looking up the girl grinned and said, "Thank you, ANBU-san!" Before turning to her mother and said, "Mama, look what I found!"
The mother looked at the ball before saying, "Kira-chan, what did I said about picking things along the street?"

The girl looked down before saying, "Not to."

"Eto, Kira-chan?" The ANBU asked making the girl look back to the figure, "Hai! Hatsune Kira" Kira introduced.
The ANBU then outstretched her right hand before saying, "Can I keep the ball?"
Kira nodded while grinning before giving it to the ANBU. Nodding gratefully, the Shinobi poofed away.

{♥}♦{♥}

[Dango Stand/10:00 pm]

"I see." The Mizukage said after listening to the ANBU and surveying the yellow ball which was now in her hand.
"You're dismissed" she said before the ANBU leaped upwards before hiding into the shadows again.

"Mizukage-sama, was that Haruno Sakura-san?" The Mizukage looked behind to see Hatake Kakashi in a Black Yukata, his mask ever so present.

"Yes, why? Is there a problem?" She questioned.

"No, I was just wondering why she's not enjoying the Festival." He defended.

Mei sweatdropped, "She's an ANBU Captain, what did you expect?"

"Maa maa, I forgot..." Kakashi chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

'That must mean you're getting older, huh?' She snorted at the thought.

"But, she is just a child. No older nor younger than the Genins, why not let her join the festival?" He commented further.

"Tonight's Festival attracts a lot of tourists: Civillians and Ninjas alike. That's why we need every capable Shinobi assisting and guarding everyone's safety." She explained

"I see." Kakashi nodded.

{♥}♦{♥}

"Here you go, Hinata!" Naruto said as he handed the White Teddybear to Hinata.

Hinata wore a Violet Kimono that donned butterfly designs and a White Obi while Naruto wore an Orange Yukata that had swirl designs.

Hinata blushed furiously as she accepted the gift, "A-Arigato, N-Naruto-k-kun..."

"Maa, you were staring at it like you wanted it, so I gave you a helping hand." Naruto said as he pointed at the stand.

Which of course, made Hinata blush as red as Kushina's hair.

"Hahaha!! You look so cute, Hinata!" Naruto laughed as he placed a hand over her shoulder and squeezed her into his chest.

'N-Naruto-kun' She thought as her blush intensified.

{♥}♦{♥}

[Toy Stand/11:26 pm]

Sakura was currently standing infront of a Toy Stand, she was wearing the Standard ANBU Uniform, Boots and Biker Gloves. Her hair was currently in a Braided Half-ponytail Style. Her Cat ANBU Mask was placed at the back of her head.

In her hands, which she was staring at with a light blush in her cheeks was a Small Pink Teddybear.

'K-kawaii...' She thought.

She gasped as a hand was lightly placed in her left shoulder, she looked to her left, her blush turning redder at the thought of her- An ANBU Captain- being caught staring at a teddybear.

The one who caught her was supposedly one of the genin she was guarding. There standing with confidence, wearing a Dark Blue Yukata which had flower designs, behind him, his Jet Black hair spiked into different direction making it look like a Chicken's ass yet giving him a cool and hot look. His Konoha Headband not in sight. His eyes closed and his mouth smirked up. Over-all, he looked cool and hot.

There standing beside her was, Uchiha Sasuke.

"Old man, how much for the bear?" He asked the vendor.

"100 yen, young man." The vendor answered with a smile.

Sasuke's left hand gave him money--- 100 yen to be exact.

"Arigato." The vendor thanked him.

"Ehhh?" Sakura, which just had processed what was currently happening started to protest, but before she can continue, she was dragged by Sasuke, his right hand now currently holding her left wrist. Making her blush intensify.

{♥}♦{♥}

[11:45 pm]
Arriving at a nearby bridge, he looked back at her. His grip still at her wrist.

"Uchiha-san! W-why-" Before Sakura could start her protest she was cutted off by Sasuke.

"Hn." He smirked.

The pinkette blinked, before shouting- "W-What does 'Hn' mean?! Is that even a word?! Mou! You must be the worst guy I ever met!!! Y-You do stuff I don't understand!" Sasuke was actually laughing inside at the scene, while on the outside, he was smirking after all, it's not everyday you get to see an ANBU Captain to throw a tantrum.
"And, Uchiha-san!! Why did you bought the Teddybear?! And-" she was then cut off again...

"Sasuke-kun." Sasuke stated. Which caused Sakura to be confused.

"Sasuke-kun??" She asked.

"Call me Sasuke-kun. 'Uchiha-san' makes me sound old." He clearly stated.

"Ahh... B-But that doesn't explain why you bought the Teddy Bear!" The pinkette said yet again.

"Hn." He taunted.

"You're impossible!" She pouted.

He lightly dragged her to the railing, " It's almost midnight." He explained.

Looking up, she could guess it was 11:57 pm. Wow, did she really throw a fit that long??

"Eto, I should really get going, I'm on duty remember?" She reminded.

"It's only for a short time, plus it's a Festival, you should enjoy it." He said as he looked up to the sky.

As the mist lifted, the night sky was slowly but surely coming into view, thus neither the two of them could notice how close they were and that Sasuke's hand was still holding her's.

As Midnight struck, bells were rung to alert everyone of the night sky.

Sasuke turned to Sakura, her mouth was slightly opened and her eyes were wide open.

"So beautiful..." He heard her murmured.

He looked up once again. The night sky was different from Konoha, all the stars were bright and dominated the black sky.

"I can see why this Festival's popular." The young Uchiha commented.

"I know, right?" The Pinkette agreed softly.

"Is this you're first time to see it?" He asked, but suddenly he thought
'Of course not! Baka!'

"Aa!" The Young Captain said, still looking at the sky.

"I thought you live here?" Sasuke asked, completely confused.

"Maa, I don't have time to look at things...or enjoy life, actually..." Sakura answered.

"And why's that?" He asked.

"Well... You know... I do a lot of things like, going on missions, guarding around the border... The usual... I only have time to eat and sleep, and if I am in the village like tonight, I guard Civillians...." She explained, now looking at the river underneath them.

"Would you... Give up you're position to be Genin again?" He asked.

Sakura was silent, thinking about the question and the meeting earlier.

|Flashback|

Outside the tower, Sakura was hiding silently under one of the many windows.

"Since Sakura-san is still young why not make her a genin again, let her enjoy youth with kids in her group age?" The Hokage--Minato-sama, if she was correct-- offered.

'To be genin, again?' She thought.

For others, it was a ridiculous offer, to go back- no, to be demoted to Genin rank, was beyond humiliation.
But for Sakura, It was a chance of a lifetime- to be with kids her age, to do stuffs without any burden on her shoulder. A place where mistakes happen- and you don't have to suffer the consequences. To go back to being a Genin, was one of her wish.

And with that thought, her eyes narrowed. 'I see.'
Before disappearing through thin air.

|End Flashback|

Then, Sakura looked back up to the sky.

"To be Genin again, huh? I guess... But..." She then stopped.

"But?" The black haired boy pushed further.

"That's beyond impossible, who would let a girl, an ANBU Captain no less, rumored to be worth a hundred Jounin, to go back being a Genin? Hehehe, That would only exist in a Dreamland, Sasuke-san." She explained, while watching the bright sky disappear. 'It must be 12:05 already if the Stars are fading...'

Sasuke nodded.

"I should go." Sakura said, her right hand positioning her ANBU mask back on place. "Eto, my hand, Sasuke-san..." She reminded.

Letting go of her left hand he said, "I thought I told you to call me 'Sasuke-kun'?"

Sakura chucked, "You haven't earned my respect yet." before she disappeared with Cherry Blossoms.

Looking at the river beneath them, he thought
'Impossible to be a Genin again, huh? Well, she's got that right.' Before he left the Bridge to regroup with the others.

{♥}♦{♥}

[Outside the walls of Kirigakure/12:03]

"Our Ninjas are ready, Shizuko-sama." A ninja informed a Man in his mid-twenties with Spiky Red hair and Black eyes.

"I see." He said, before turning to look at the Group of Ninjas, he estimated that there were atleast 200 of them.

"Let's go, they finished their pety little Festival! Let's make Domoe-sama proud, and capture his little Pet!" His silky, smooth voice commanded.

The ninjas raised their fist shouting, "For Domoe-sama!"

"Let's Go!!"

{♥}♦{♥}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 5.5K 15
What if one day a cute nerd came into your life, and he changed it.
491K 16.3K 42
Read to see it.....
59.5K 1.8K 13
Its a sasuhina fanfic
658K 22.7K 46
Konoha's Cherry Blossom