The Bad Guys: New Beginnings...

By Rally9933

A year after the events of the movie, the Bad Guys went back home to start a new life, but they felt so diffe... More

Normal Citizens
Hard Knock Life
Hard-Working Bad Guys
The Right Thing To Do
DIY Home Makeover
Vigilantes
The Bad Guys Are Back
Criminals and Vigilantes for Life
Epilogue

A New Life

1.8K 23 5
By Rally9933

Hello all! So, I'm back to writing fanfiction after 3 months of resting. Sorry I've been gone for 3 months. School was so pressuring, so I have to stay focused on school. But now I have the motivation to write again. I watched the Bad Guys movie, and I love it very very much. The concepts I'm more focused on in this movie were the action, humor, and friendship! The Bad Guys became my new favorite movie.

So, since December 14, 2021, I decided to make my own fanfiction of the Bad Guys someday, and when I watched the movie, I can begin with it. Also, I decided to make my own OC named, Mr. Hornet. He was an Asian Giant Hornet, and the member of the Bad Guys for as long as he can remember, and was the team's look-out. I then decided to make fanfictions that happened after the events of the movie. This is my first fanfic of the Bad Guys.

Supposedly, my first fanfiction was my own rewritten version of the Bad Guys, but I was too slow to write my own version, so I had to skip that story, and decided to start this new fanfiction.

Spoilers: The story took place after the Bad Guys were released from prison.

I hope you all are going to like this fanfic. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the desert, a black car drove down the clear path with 7 anthropomorphic animals and one little cat riding in it. One of them was driving the car, and it was Mr. Wolf.

He then stared at the viewers without his friends noticing, and called out, "Hey you. Yeah, You! Get over here." He waited for the viewers to come closer, but there was no response, "What? Still feeling afraid of us? I don't blame you, but no worries: we're all good now. Nothing to fear here. What? You don't believe me? Let me tell you everything that's happened over the past year."

Flashback suddenly happened during the events of the movie.

First one was the introduction of the Bad Guys in the middle of a car chase.

"Before, my pals and I, together, were the craziest batch of criminals the city's ever seen. Dubbed the Bad Guys, we committed so many fun heists, and robbed the best places around."

The flashback ended, and back to Wolf.

"Yeah, life was pretty interesting... until the day we got caught at the awards ceremony."

Flashback to the scene where the Bad Guys were about to casually walk out of the museum.

"That night marked a turning point that perhaps, if we could convince the people that we could be 'good' and be all nice and civil, we were free to continue our business as usual with no one batting an eye."

Another flashback where Wolf was rescuing a little cat.

"But, then, over the best few days, I started to realize... being good had its perks, and it'd give us a whole new view. Instead of being seen as scary criminals, we could perhaps be so much more than bad guys."

More flashbacks were shown where the Bad Guys were arrested at the gala, then rescued by Diane as the Crimson Paw, the crew splitting up, the 5 Bad Guys and Diane attached yellow chips on trucks for Tarantula to hack, and all 6 Bad Guys put their wrist in front of them, willing to get arrested.

"So, after getting framed for a crime we did not commit, separating for a while after Diane, aka the Crimson Paw, busted us out of prison, and stopping Professor Marmalade from taking over the world, we ended up spending the last year in prison, "shaping up" and gave now been released for good behavior."

Flashback ended, and back to Wolf, still narrating the story to the viewers.

"Now, the Bad Guys, or should I say technically, the Good Guys, are back on the streets, and it feels... good," Wolf then turned back to the road, and continued driving.

"Well, now that we're out of jail, where should we go?" Shark asked.

"Home." Wolf smiled calmly as he accelerated straight ahead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while driving, the car finally headed out of the desert, and went into the city. It's been a year, but it felt like forever when the Bad Guys saw the city once again. Their car was opened, everybody can see them from the inside. But instead of receiving fears and screams from the people of Los Angeles, there was no fear and screams anymore. The Bad Guys received a different kind of welcome. A kind where they were now treated like normal civilians.

The people in the street were just surprised to see them after a year in prison. It's been a while since the last time the civilians saw them in public. They all saw them in the news that the Bad Guys surrendered themselves to the cops, and that was a good inspiration for everyone. The citizens saw them as different Bad Guys now. The people around them were just smiling and waving at them, welcoming back to the outside world. Some didn't mind the group, but they weren't running and screaming away this time. Some even just watch them go with smiles before proceeding to their daily activities.

This was quite new to the Bad Guys. They were used to people fearing them. They already experienced being loved once. And now, they were treated like everyone else. Like normal citizens. They were celebrities of neither fame nor infamy anymore, but they were now being treated fairly, and it felt... good.

Along the way, the Bad Guys then passed by the News Company Building where Mira, the journalist, got a good shot of them, and this will add to her new article today.

Then, the crew passed by the police station, the same police station where they started a police chase a year ago. They were waved by the other cops outside, but the chief put yesterday's newspaper down, and glared sharply at the Bad Guys. She just watched them go, but she was still doubtful about them. Now that the crew were out of prison, she wanted to keep an eye on those former criminals if they ever attempted to do another bank robbery again.

The Bad Guys were happy to be back in the city. Some things changed and some didn't, but it didn't matter to them anymore. What matters to them is they were now out of prison, and decided to continue living a new life of freedom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the best place to start is where they really belong: Their home, their hideout. They finally made it to the river aqueduct, the same one where their hideout was located.

"Wow, it's been a year since the last time we ever been to this place," Snake looked around wondrously, knowing how much he missed being close to home.

"It has been a year. We're in prison at that time..." Tarantula reminded, and admitted, "Okay, when I woke up this morning, I admit I missed this place."

"Do you still remember where our hideout would be?" Wolf asked sarcastically. He and his friends came back in and out of their hideout every time they went on heists over the years. He was sure everyone knew where their hideout used to be after a year in prison.

Piranha jumped off his seat, and stood up between Wolf and Snake in front, "I got this. I got the brains. Like you guys, I know our hideout like the back of my fin."

Hornet smirked. Knowing his best friend, Piranha isn't as bright as he thought, but Hornet let him have his moment, "So, Mr. Piranha, where's our hideout? I hope you still remember,"

Piranha chuckled, "Of course I do, it's..."

The next thing this group of friends knew was that they were now in front of a giant wall.

"Dead end!" Wolf announced.

They all glared back at Piranha for giving them the wrong direction. But Hornet just stared slyly at Piranha, waiting for him to give up and ask for his help.

Piranha groaned in defeat, admitting he already forgot where their hideout would be, and told his best friend, "Fine, your turn."

He was right! Hornet knew the direction of the hideout as the group were already in the tunnel. The right one.

Hornet laughed hysterically, "I told you I got the brains...!" But the rest of his friends looked back at him, reminding him that he wasn't the only smart guy in the team, "Too," he added, trying to give the rest of his friends some credits for being smart.

The parking lift automatically opened as the car drove inside, and the doors sealed behind them.

Once the gang got out of the car with Wolf carrying the cat, Diane then spoke while the elevator lifted them up to the Bad Guys' hideout.

"Oh, just a head's up, guys, while you were in prison for a year, I did a little cleaning up in your hideout," she said.

"Cleaning up? What 'cleaning up'?" Wolf asked.

When the doors finally opened, the Bad Guys looked inside their hideout, and gasped surprisingly. Their hideout wasn't empty like the last time they were here. Their place is like home once again. The kitchen was still around. The TV and the couch were placed where they belonged. Shark's disguises were hung in clothes racks once again. Tarantula's gadgets were out of the open in an opened box. Some boxes had Hornet's name labeled on them. But most of all, there was a mountain pile of money at one spot of the hideout. There were golden coins and stacks of money. They weren't much, but they might be enough for the Bad Guys when they start a new life.

"More like the opposite of clean up. More like... putting a little mess," Diane chuckled, making her explanation humorous.

The Bad Guys didn't pay attention to Diane as they were distracted by how happy they were when their hideout wasn't empty anymore, and they got some of their stuff back. They all ran inside, and laughed happily. They were happy to be back home.

"Look at all this loot...!" Snake slithered towards the pile of money first. Then, he snatched one of the stacks of money, and sniffed on it, "Hey, this is the same money we stole all those years ago."

Shark then hugged all of his disguise collection, "My disguises! My babies! They're all here!"

Tarantula dug into the box of gadgets to check if all of them were there, "My stuff! Oh yeah!"

Hornet took out two of his notebooks, "Hey, my dia... uh, I mean, notebooks that are all empty, and I hope no one read it while I was gone!" He was hoping Diane didn't read his diaries while he was gone, and he didn't want his friends to know he was keeping diaries.

Piranha jumped onto the couch, and laid down and relaxed, "Ah! I miss you, old couch."

"You... you left us the loot we stole before?" Wolf turned to Diane confusingly, "I thought you took back all of the loot we stole."

Diane smiled, "Oh I did, just some valuable things like the Mona Lisa. When I visited you guys in prison, I saw how much you changed overtime. So, when I heard your sentence was reduced, I decided to give you just a quarter of the loot you stole. I don't want you guys to still think you're all poor when you get back home. The money here is all yours."

The Bad Guys then realized, as the governor, Diane didn't need to follow all of the rules. She had her own loophole. She was the Crimson Paw after all, and criminals sometimes help each other out. At least, giving them back some of their stuff was the good thing to do.

"Thank you, Diane. We appreciate everything you've done for us," Wolf said.

"Well, as a governor, I do promise to help people, including you, Bad Guys," Governor Foxington said, "Just... use the money wisely. That's why I left half of the loot to you guys... to start a new life," But then, Diane looked around where the rest of the Bad Guys were nothing more than happy to have their stuff back, but she was worried they would be planning something else when she returned all of the things they stole last year, "Are you sure you guys are gonna be okay on your own for the rest of the day?"

"Diane, relax, we'll be fine. Now we're back home, we won't hurt ourselves," Wolf reassured her.

"I'm talking about how you guys will adjust to your new freedom without..." she stopped when the rest of the team looked at her, waiting to finish her sentence, and expecting she might judge them. Diane saw this as she couldn't bear to continue with specific words, "You know... what you guys do everyday back in your old days. Let's try these," Diane stuck both of her paws into her pockets, and took out 6 cute toys: a puppy, a guinea pig, a seal pup, a goldfish, a fly, and a butterfly, squeezing them to let out squeaky sounds. "These are stress toys."

Wolf took a little puppy toy, Snake took the guinea pig one, Shark took the seal pup, Piranha took the goldfish, Tarantula took the fly, and Hornet took the butterfly.

"Anytime you feel the urge to cause chaos or mischief, just squeeze," the governor instructed. But when the Bad Guys looked at Diane with the toys in their hands, they squeezed their stress toys really hard and long, the toys popped.

Diane groaned in defeat as she realized she won't stay too long, "Now, I have to go back to my office. I'll leave the life-changing decisions to you guys. I'll see you then."

When Diane left, the Bad Guys just watched her until the doors closed and the elevator descended her down from their hideout.

"Huh, that fox wasn't so bad for us after all," Hornet murmured.

"So, now that we're home, what should we do?" Tarantula asked.

Hornet put his notebooks back in the box, and looked around. He was trying to find a good place to hide his things, but everything around here wasn't so private to him. The place is not his sacred space anymore. He then stared at the big-spaced walls around the hideout, and it gave him an idea. He flew towards his friends, and said, "Hey guys, it made me think something... we all got our own personal things back, but what do you say if we would have our own rooms to keep them?

The rest of the gang looked confusingly at Hornet as Shark asked, "Own rooms? What are you talking about?"

"Our hideout doesn't have much space when we steal stuff, and we only sleep on floors and couches. And our stuff just scattered all over, that's why our stuff was taken like the rest of the things we stole. So, I was thinking that we should have our own space to keep our belongings, and we won't have to worry about finding them," Hornet explained, "Plus, most of us like to do things in private."

After Hornet explained his reason for each of them having their own rooms, Tarantula defended his argument, "Hornet is right though, guys. My laptop almost got lost in the pile of loot after going on a crime those years ago, and I need my own private space anyway. I couldn't concentrate on hacking with you guys making such noise."

Piranha shrugged, "Eh, I agree with you, hermana. I was doing a lot of private stuff too that I couldn't do often."

"Yeah, like what?" Hornet asked.

Piranha's face started to blush where Hornet questioned him. There were a lot of things that Piranha did without his friends knowing as he snapped, "Just anything private!"

"Ooof, I think you're right. I do need my own room too. After our experience in prison, it feels good to have our own spaces from each other," Wolf admitted, "What do you say if we make our own rooms?"

"But how? We don't have other spaces left," Shark asked while his eyes wandered all over the HQ.

At this, Hornet flew around, and landed himself in every empty wall before joining back with the team, "What if we make our own rooms from the empty walls here?"

But Snake was unsure of this plan, "Do you think we will have enough spaces in these walls? I mean, what if we won't have enough space?"

"Well, we did measure the hideout before taking it a long time ago, so maybe these walls have blogger spaces too," Wolf said.

Snake had his tail under his chin to think, and he was still a bit unsure, but he agreed with Hornet of having his own room. Snake did need more space after all, "Well, I don't see why not. I do need my own space from you guys."

"Yaaayyy!" the rest of the Bad Guys cheered.

"We just need a lot of tools to break these walls down," Hornet suggested.

"Ugh, going out already? We just got home," Snake groaned tiredly.

"Let's just rest. It's been a long day since we got out of prison and from our trip home," Piranha pointed.

"Maybe, we can watch a little TV, and we'll buy the tools we need tomorrow for our rooms?" Wolf suggested.

"Ooh, I call the remote," shouted Shark, who ran to the couch and grabbed the remote.

"Aw, no fair, hermano," declared Piranha, who sat back up on the couch. He was on the couch first, but he was too slow to get the remote.

"Why do you always gotta call dibs on the remote?" asked Snake, who just slithered onto the couch and took his seat.

"Calm down, both of you," commented Hornet, who sat on Piranha's head.

"You think anything good will be on?" asked Tarantula, who sat on the top of the couch, while Wolf took his seat right in the middle of the couch.

Shark pressed the on button on the remote, and it turned the TV on. On the TV, it showed a show where there was a car chase involving a red convertible and a bunch of police cars chasing after it.

While the show kept playing, the Bad Guys could not help but begin to flashback to back when they were still being criminals. Seeing that car out-driving the police reminded Wolf especially of the many car chases he loved to start.

"Wow. You know, it's kind of odd to be seeing a car chase considering we usually were the ones sparking one," commented Wolf.

"Were we really like that before?" asked Piranha, who was looking at the screen in concern.

"To think over the years, we were the ones being chased by police. Not that car," mentioned Tarantula.

"Guys, guys, calm down, this kind of thing isn't real," stated Wolf, as he picked up the remote.

"Yeah, but what we used to do those years ago was real," commented Snake, who kept looking at the screen with the show playing.

"That is true," mentioned Hornet.

"Guys, we got to relax," stated Wolf, who then pressed the button on the TV to turn it off before he turned to face his friends, and added, "Besides, we're out of prison now; we're no longer criminals. We have a chance to start on a clean slate, and make a brand new start."

"Easier said than done, Wolf," commented Snake, who slithered towards the fridge to grab something to eat, before he opened the door and saw that the fridge was bare. "Uh guys, I think we're out of food," called out Snake, which prompted the Bad Guys together towards the fridge and saw the empty compartment.

"Dang, amigos. We just got out of prison, and now, we're out of food?" Piranha cried.

"What are we gonna do? We can't starve," mentioned Tarantula.

"No need to worry. We can just use a little bit of the money Diane left us to go to the grocery store and buy some food," Wolf suggested, pointing to the mountain of loot beside them..

"Great. You think we can get some Push Pops while we're at it?" asked Shark, who licked his lips in anticipation.

"Maybe, depending on if we have enough to get some without wasting money," mentioned Wolf.

"Sweet! I could go for some guinea pig," commented Snake, who stuck his tongue out excitedly, wanting to eat a guinea pig.

"Snake!" cried out the rest of the team, who gave mini glares at Snake.

"What? Okay, can't you blame me? You know how I get about guinea pigs," retorted Snake.

"Hey, we can buy the tools and materials we need to make our new rooms along the way!" Tarantula reported loudly and quickly.

"That's a great idea, Webs. Though construction tools are so expensive. We'll just have to calculate how much money we need out of our own loot," Hornet flew towards the pile of money they had, and then took out a calculator, "If we have $7000 divided by 6, multiply to the value of pie—"

But Piranha slapped the calculator down from Hornet's hands, "We don't need math to know how much money we need. Let's just get some from our loot, and put them in our pockets!" Piranha just took some money in his fins, and put them into his pockets.

"Not all of us have pockets, genius!" Tarantula yelled.

"Relax, guys. Let's go food shopping," replied Wolf, who pulled out his car keys as the Bad Guys headed towards the car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is my first chapter, and I feel proud of it.

Special thanks to  for helping me make the chapter.

The scene where Diane gave the Bad Guys stress toys, and they ended up squeezing them until they popped was a reference from Owl House: Them's the Break, Kid.

My OC, Mira, the journalist, made a silent cameo in this chapter, and the whole story. Mira appeared in my rewritten version of the Bad Guys Movie. She will have a supporting role in the future.

I hope you like my first chapter. Stay tune!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 189 23
during the school year many students have more or less broken the rules and have become vigilantes. there is one that never meant to become one but n...
3.1K 116 16
The Bad Guys have gone good and are now doing moonlit hero work with Governor Foxington and Gabi Santiago. Life seems good, but things are not alway...
18.6K 275 22
What happens when 'The Bad Guys' successfully steal the golden dolphin the first time? How does the crew continue there legacy? Do Nova and Mr. Wolf...
20.4K 434 11
I don't see this in any site, so I'll do it myself. Disclaimer: I don't own anything in this fanfiction. DreamWorks owns everything in this fanfictio...