Citrus+

By Gobukiii

Jeongyeon and Nayeon have been dating for a month. Their life goes on as it is; going to school, hanging out... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Citrus-
New book
Hi

Chapter 11

223 13 0
By Gobukiii

It was finally their summer vacation! The students were enjoying their time not going to school except for a certain girl.

Nayeon was walking to the academy while wearing her usual uniform because she had to take supplementary lessons. She envied her friends who were enjoying their summer break. Momo and Sana quite teased her because of that. She also heard from Jeongyeon that this week, the twins, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, were going to Seoul and spend their summer vacation there, which is also the reason why Tzuyu was ignoring Sana's messages and calls and so is Chaeyoung. She kept it a secret from her friends who were close with the two.

As she walked, she felt the hotness of the sun hitting her skin as beads of sweat started forming from her forehead. She groaned and continued to walk. Although this was a punishment for her mistakes, she felt depressed and annoyed because her summer vacation would be shortened for her to study.

Nayeon finally arrived and was met by a cool breeze from the air conditioner inside the building as she sighed in relief. At least it's cool here inside. If not because of this, I would be enjoying my summer vacation at the pool with Jeongyeon and our friends. She sighed and entered her classroom.

Nayeon expected the classroom to be full of students who were not able to pass their final test, but she only saw one. That student sat in the front row while scribbling on her notebook as she hummed. She noticed Nayeon standing at the door and smiled as she stood up to greet her.

"Hi! You must be Yoo Nayeon, am I right?" The girl squealed as she held out her hand for a handshake. Nayeon blushed when the girl mistook her surname as Jeongyeon's.

"O-oh, um... it's Im. Im Nayeon." She corrected and gladly took the girl's hand and shook it.

"Oh! My bad, Im Nayeon-ssi. I thought you and the president were sisters."

"Ah, yeah. Step sisters, actually. I didn't carry my step father's surname and kept my biological father's. That's why..." Nayeon smiled.

"Oh my, where are my manners? I'm Kim Sejeong. Fourth year student. I didn't graduate yet since I didn't pass a subject, that's why I'm taking supplementary lessons. How about you?" Sejeong beamed as she gestured Nayeon to sit beside her desk.

"I'm Im Nayeon. Third year going fourth. I'm taking supplementary lessons since I missed to take one subject during the final exams."

They continued to talk until the teacher entered their classroom. "Good morning, girls. I'm Miss Jessi and I'm going to be your teacher during your supplementary lessons this summer. As you can see, only the two of you are here because you were the only ones who were not able to pass your subjects and tests. Although you're not in the same year, I decided to give you lessons together since you have the same failed subject, which is Maths. I suggest you girls should try to cope up your lessons within three weeks to enjoy your summer vacation, especially you, Kim Sejeong. You were supposed to graduate, so don't waste this chance, understood?"

"Yes Miss." Nayeon and Sejeong nodded. Sejeong was more pressured because of what Miss Jessi said. Maths were her weakness and she thought she couldn't do anything about it. Nayeon, on the other hand, was nervous as fuck since she didn't expect Miss Jessi to handle them. She's still scared of her.

"Okay, shall we start?"

~~~~

Nayeon's first day of supplementary lessons ended great. She thought of Miss Jessi as a strict teacher because of how they met when her cellphone got confiscated on her first day in the academy, but unexpectedly, she's nice and chill.

Sejeong and her got along very well, too. She was surprised when the latter brought up about how she find their Vice President beautiful. Nayeon got excited for her new friend and Jihyo to get along. They went home together since Sejeong insisted to her driver to take her home every after their class in exchange for Jihyo's number.

~~~~

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were eating dinner with their mother. While eating, Nayeon kept glancing at Jeongyeon as she smiles sheepishly. She has recently... how do I put this... more human-like, I think. Maybe it's because we're lovers that I'm able to see this side of Jeongyeon that no one else can?

"What?" Jeongyeon asked when she noticed. Nayeon jolted and awkwardly continued to eat.

"N-nothing!"

"Sheesh, Nayeonie, you're smiling to yourself." Mrs. Im pointed out as Nayeon couldn't hide her smile. She, too, didn't know why she's smiling like that.

"Eomma!" Nayeon whined while Jeongyeon glanced at her and smiled as she continued eating.

"Now that I think of it, I heard from a your friend Dahyun about your little trip hosted by her cousin? She said it's a three-day vacation at her cousin's farmhouse in Jeju. Did she mentioned this to you?" Mrs. Im asked.

"What the— when is this!? W-what about my supplementary lessons!?" Nayeon exclaimed in horror as she glanced to Jeongyeon.

"Don't worry, unnie. She said we'll wait for you to finish that. She also said we could bring more friends because her cousin wants to." Jeongyeon shrugged. Nayeon sighed in relief and continued eating her steak. Mrs. Im excused herself to get some sauce, so the sisters were left awkwardly at the table.

A vacation trip to Jeju!? This is the best! Speaking of that, I remembered our promise with the twins! Maybe we could invite them. And Sejeong, too! I'm sure Jihyo would be glad if she's there! Nayeon thought as she internally squealed in excitement. "Jeongyeon-ah, maybe we could—" She was cut off and was surprised when she turned, Jeongyeon was holding her chopsticks up with her left hand with a piece of sliced steak in it as her right hand was placed under the meat incase it falls off and gestured for her to eat.

"Please, open your mouth."

"E-eh?" Is she... telling me to eat? Nayeon confusedly looked at Jeongyeon and then back to the chopsticks. She gulped and quickly ate it when she heard her mother's footsteps from behind.

"Nayeon! Why do you have so much food in your mouth!?" Mrs. Im exclaimed. Nayeon glared at Jeongyeon for giving her such a big slice of steak while the latter held her smile.

~~~~

What is Jeongyeon thinking, doing that in front of eomma? Nayeon was lost in her thoughts about what happened earlier while she's taking a bath. She came back to reality when she heard the door of the bathroom slid open, revealing Jeongyeon in her towel.

"What the fuck-!" Nayeon was shocked since she was completely naked that the younger girl barged in without asking permission (although she didn't mind). She covered her body in reflex until she realized that it doesn't matter since they've already seen each other naked.

"Is it alright if I take a bath with you?" Jeongyeon asked without batting an eye to the older girl.

Nayeon blushed as she looked away. "Eh? S-sure, but..." She was about to complain when Jeongyeon removed the towel, revealing her bare body. Nayeon had seen Jeongyeon naked a couple of times when they would sometimes take a bath together, but she always feel flustered and awkward because of that.

Jeongyeon slowly entered the bathtub and sat beside Nayeon, hiding her flustered face as she started to tie her hair in a messy bun. Nayeon awkwardly did the same thing as she tried not to look at Jeongyeon's side. Her heart was beating fast and she didn't know what to do.

Does this mean I haven't caught up to understanding her!? In that case... I'll just analyze Jeongyeon's feelings. She thought as she glanced at Jeongyeon and hurriedly washed her body. She immediately stood up, declaring that she had finished her bath, and hurriedly exited the bathroom after covering her body with a towel.

Jeongyeon disappointedly sighed and hurried herself to take a bath. She then followed Nayeon, who was now lying down on her side of the bed. She changed to her pajamas and laid down on the bed while facing away from the older girl.

Hours later, Nayeon still couldn't sleep as she was still thinking about how Jeongyeon sees her. I have no idea what her feelings are! I take it back! She started to tear up. I've only... intended to understand her feelings! She closed her eyes and slowly gripped on the bedsheets as she tried to calm herself. Don't be discouraged, Im Nayeon! You have to function as Jeongyeon's girlfriend!

"Hey, Jeongyeon-ah, are you still awake?" Nayeon turned to face Jeongyeon's back. The latter hummed in response. "What happened today? Doing that stuff in front of eomma, and taking a bath with me?"

Jeongyeon slowly turned to face her as she stared deeply into her eyes. "What do you think?" She asked.

"What?" Nayeon didn't, no, couldn't understand her. She thought the conversation was useless as she turned her back to Jeongyeon and hugged her knees while lying down. "I don't know, that's why I'm asking."

Suddenly, she felt Jeongyeon shift as her right hand sneaked in her waist. Jeongyeon was hugging her from the back while burying her face in Nayeon's nape. What the—

"I don't know why I feel like this either, that's why... I'm making sure of it." Jeongyeon mumbled behind her.

Nayeon could feel the younger girl's breath tingling on her nape and her heart thumping hardly behind her back. Her own heart started to race as she gripped on her blanket. She couldn't take it anymore and jolted up from the bed.

"Ah, right! The Jeju trip with the girls! I was thinking maybe we could invite Chaeyoung and Tzuyu since we promised to go there next time. And... my new friend, Sejeong, from the supplementary lessons! She said she's fond of Jihyo, that's why I'm trying to get them closer so that the poor girl wouldn't be lonely without a partner. And also..." She chuckled and sighed as she turned to Jeongyeon, who was lying down on the bed, looking up at her. She smiled sweely before continuing. "We could wear our rings, too, since it's summer vacation. Is that fine?"

"Y-yeah." Jeongyeon looked away, disappointment was evident in her eyes because Nayeon rejected the physical contact. She rolled to her back and sighed. "I'm looking forward to it. Good night, unnie."

"O-okay. Good night." Nayeon laid back and sighed. She knew she messed up.

~~~~

A week later, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu finally arrived in Seoul. They met Nayeon and Jeongyeon, who waited for them at the station, and decided to go to their apartment. Nayeon had also informed the rest of them and Sejeong about their trip and they happily agreed.

The four girls were now in Nayeon and Jeongyeon's room resting after booking a nearby hotel for Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. They decided to leave and hang out at the older girls' apartment as they stopped by a convenience store for snacks. Mrs. Im met the twins when she was about to head out for working overtime and happily welcomed them before she left.

"You should call Sana, Tzuyu-ya. She's still upset." Nayeon commented while they were watching a movie while Jeongyeon quietly reads her book, glancing at the screen from time to time.

Tzuyu sighed as her unnies and Chaeyoung looked at her. She wanted to call her, for god's sake, but she lost her courage after hearing what Nayeon said. "W-well, I—"

"Or maybe... we could go to their apartment now! I'll just ring Momo, give me a sec." Nayeon exclaimed as she went out of the roomto call Momo.

This made Tzuyu  tremble, nervous to know how would Sana react after being ghosted. She looked at Jeongyeon with pleading eyes, giving signs to stop the older girl, but Jeongyeon shook her head and shrugged as she went back reading.

"You can't stop her when she's determined to do something. And Sana's also my friend, so I think you really should talk to her personally."

"B-but, unnie—"

"And you, Son Chaeyoung, what are you going to do with Mina? You didn't talk to her, too, right?" Jeongyeon cut Tzuyu off as she turned to the small kid.

"Ah, I'm going to tell her now—"

"Good news!" This time, Nayeon was the one who cut Chaeyoung off as she barged in the room, yelling. "Momo said Mina and our good friend, Dahyun, were also there! Let's go now! And Jeongyeon-ah, call Jihyo to head there, too!"

"Well, shit." Chaeyoung mumbled while Tzuyu held her laugh, but then the taller girl realized that they were both doomed and decided to clear her throat. Jeongyeon glared at them before grabbing her own phone to call Jihyo.

~~~~

"Park Jihyo!" Nayeon called when she saw Jihyo waiting in front of the pedestrian lane while sitting on the tall plant box. During their weekends before class, that's the spot where Jihyo would wait for Jeongyeon, Nayeon, Momo, and Sana every day to come to the academy with them.

"Took you long enough. Let's— wait, who are these two?" Jihyo halted when she saw two familiar faces. "I think I saw you girls before..."

"Oh! You're the big eyes unnie from the school trip! Nice to meet you, my name is Chou Tzuyu." Tzuyu said as she held out her hand.
Jihyo looked at her in disbelief.

"Really? Out of all the nicknames in the world, you're calling me that?" Jihyo clicked her tongue and she remembered Dahyun calling her the same. "Forget it. Anyways, what about that small kid?"

"I'm not small! We're basically of the same height, big eyes unnie. I'm Son Chaeyoung. " Chaeyoung complained and Jihyo's eyes widened more.

"Calm down, Jihyo-ya. Your eyes are gonna pop out anytime if you do that." Nayeon teased, making the rest of them chuckled, including Jeongyeon.

"Wow, bucked teeth unnie. You just made Jeongyeon chuckle. Anyways, why are we going there again?" Jihyo shrugged it off as they started walking.

"The two midgets here had ghosted Mina and Sana, and... they wanted to apologize." Jeongyeon replied.

"WHAT!?"

"T-that's fake news, unnie! Actually, we planned on surprising them by coming here in Seoul, t-that's why we were not contacting them. They didn't know we're here, so..." Tzuyu scratched her nape as she explained.

"Very well. It made sense. But don't you dare hurt them, got that? Who are you talking about, Tzuyu-ya? Is it Momo?" Jihyo asked and Tzuyu flinched at the question.

"It's Sana unnie. And mine's Mina unnie." Chaeyoung casually said and Tzuyu glared at her.

"Okay~~! We're here!" Nayeon was about to knock when Tzuyu held her arm.

"W-wait, unnie... I, no, we'll knock." She said as she dragged Chaeyoung with her in front of the door. Chaeyoung gulped as she cleared her throat. They knocked together and nervously held each other's hand after hearing the door click.

"Nayeon unnie!" A pale blue-haired girl exclaimed after opening the door, but her smile immediately faded after seeing two unfamiliar faces. "Um... may I help you?" She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms as she leaned on the door.

"Dahyun-ah, it's fine." Nayeon popped out from behind them and approached Dahyun. "They're my friends from the trip. The twins, remember?"

Dahyun frowned as she peeked from behind and saw Jeongyeon and Jihyo. She looked at Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, who were awkwardly standing while holding hands, and then back to Nayeon. "Ah! I remember! But... why are you here? Is something going on?"

"Actually..."

"Dahyunie~~ who are you talking to— eh?" A voice familiar to Tzuyu was heard. All of them present turned, revealing a frozen Sana as she looked at the certain girl. "T-Tzuyu?"

"Eh? Sana unnie, you know her?" Dahyun confusedly asked. She felt a pang on her chest when she saw Sana starting to tear up. She was about to approach her when the tallest girl walked past her and hugged Sana.

"I-I'm sorry, Sana unnie. I wanted to surprise you that's why I... I didn't contact you. The same as Chaeyoung to her Mina." Tzuyu broke the hug and wiped Sana's tears with her thump. "I'm really sorry. I didn't think you'd be... disappointed. I'm sorry."

"Sana-ya! What's—" Momo arrived and gasped in surprise when she saw Tzuyu hugging Sana and Chaeyoung behind her. "An unexpected reunion, eh?" She chuckled as she went beside Dahyun. "Nice to see you again, twinnies. Nayeon-ah, why don't you lead them inside?" Momo gestured to them as she dragged Dahyun with her inside.

Sana was still silent as Tzuyu guided her to sit. Momo noticed how Dahyun would constantly glance to Sana and Tzuyu. She knew from the very start that Dahyun didn't like her back. The younger girl only hangs out with her because she didn't have anyone to tease and because she couldn't invite Sana since she's texting and calling someone whenever she visits the two Japanese's apartment to ask them out. Momo saw how Dahyun got worried when she knew Sana's text mate ghosted her and was very furious, not until the oldest Japanese calmed her down. Right now, fury was evident in Dahyun's eyes as she pierced a glance at Tzuyu.

Before Dahyun could say something, Mina came from the restroom and her eyes widened. "W-what the heck?" She gasped after seeing Chaeyoung, who was standing between Jihyo and Jeongyeon, with her head hung low. She glanced at Mina and as their eyes met, both breaths hitched.

Chaeyoung stepped out and tried to approach Mina. "M-Mina unnie... I'm sorry..." She expected her to hate her, slap her, or maybe ignore her, but instead, Mina hugged her.

"Why aren't you answering my calls and texts? I missed you, you know?" Mina sighed in their hug as Chaeyoung hugged her back. Chaeyoung explained what actually happened and Mina understood. They looked around and got shy to see all the attention to them.

"So... you're the one who ghosted Sana unnie?" Dahyun asked, pertaining to Tzuyu, who was silently sitting beside a sniffing Sana.

"Kim Dahyun, manners." Jihyo scolded her and looked at Tzuyu.

"I told you, I didn't ghost her. Well maybe I did, but it's because I wanted to surprise her by coming here!" Tzuyu retorted. Dahyun scoffed and was about to argue back when Sana finally spoke.

"It's okay, Dahyunie. I understand now. I'm sorry for overreacting." She wiped her excess tears and flashed a smile.

Dahyun glared for the last time to Tzuyu before sighing. "Fine. Anyways, why are y'all here? Is this about the trip? Are you girls coming?"

"They're coming with us, Dahyun-ah. We promised to each other that we will have a trip to Jeju with all of us. I also invited a friend of mine from my supplementary lessons." Nayeon immediately responded and smiled.

"Wait, you're from Suwon, right? Where are you currently staying at?" Jihyo asked.

"We booked them a hotel earlier after they arrived. They'll be staying there until our trip." Jeongyeon replied.

"Hotels are pretty expensive, though. Ah! You can stay here with us! We have a guest room over there, but we only have mattresses. It's only a few days, right?" Momo interjected as she nudged Dahyun beside her.

"O-oh, no, no! We're fine Momo-ssi. We don't want to burden you." Chaeyoung replied.

"Not at all, Chaeyoung-ssi. Besides, your sister and that bawling bitch over there had a lot of catching up to do."

"Hey! I'm not crying anymore!" Sana complained. "But,... you're right, though. It's fine Chaeyoung-ssi. You can stay here until our trip." Sana smiled and glanced to Tzuyu, who was still quiet.

"I-if you insist. What can you say, Tzu?" Chaeyoung called the tallest girl. Tzuyu stayed silent and was about to speak when Nayeon interrupted.

"Just say yes, Tzuyu-ya. We'll help you with your things later. Right, Jeongyeon? Jihyo?"

"W-wha— why me!?" Jihyo complained. Nayeon smirked as she shrugged her shoulder. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, kept quiet since she knew Nayeon wouldn't take a 'no' as an answer.

"If that so,..." Dahyun spoke as she looked at Tzuyu and Sana then back to Momo. "... then I'll be staying here, too!" Dahyun exclaimed, making the the rest of them gasp in surprise.

~~~~

A/N: Dahyun's character is confusing. What will happen during their stay in Momo and Sana's apartment? Leave your thoughts on the comments and don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 6K 49
This story is about six college student; Chou Tzuyu, Minatozaki Sana, Yoo Jeongyeon, Im Nayeon, Son Chaeyoung, and Myoui Mina. Six of them struggles...
127K 5K 23
"Do you know how hard it is to be friends with someone you are once--- still in love with?" -Nayeon "Moving on" isn't on Nayeon's vocabulary. Althoug...
163K 6.7K 40
Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she choose her heart over their friendship? ...
22.3K 1.2K 67
10 years of service in the special forces and countless escapades to the west didn't prepare Jeongyeon for what came next. She never anticipated meet...