Time Awakening - Y/N x 10th D...

By FanWritingScape

Y/n is a astronomer at her university but, when she goes to London to build a state of the art telescope, som... More

The Great Disaster
The Man Who Saved My Life
Doctor? Doctor Who?
Searching, Moving on, Waiting.
Torchwood's Secrets: Part 1
Torchwood's Secrets: Part 2
Come With Me?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space
London, 1969
Planet Eurmia: Part One
Planet Eurmia: Part two
A Masquerade
Behind the Curtian (missing chapter)
Maintaining The Illusion?
Why Her?
The Masters Secret
The Truth Revealed
The Confession
Love Heals Wounds
Authors Note: Update Part 2
The Doctors Wife?

An Invitation

599 18 11
By FanWritingScape

"Doctor come on! Hurry!" I watched him through the screen run around the spaceships corner. Sliding on his converse rubber souls.

"Keep stearing her!" The Doctor yelled as he turned back to face the Slitheens chasing him. I on the other hand held tight to the Tardis console, pushing buttons and levers to steer. "Are you holding the toggle switch?"

"There 3,000 toggle switches, is that the blue one?" I yelled into the mic.

"No I said not blue!" He replied back. I mimicked his attitude. He pointed out his sonic, cranked the handle on his new invented headset (which I was talking and seeing him through). "Y/n get ready!"

"I am ready!" I said through the rope between my teeth, holding another lever back. The Doctor turned around back to the slitheens and started running and running down the spaceships airlock. He soniced the door open and as the airlock opened and jumped.
That's when I released the rope and ran to push the Tardis doors open.
The Doctor came flying from empty space into the Tardis very quickly, so without having time to move. Thud.
He landed right on top of me.

We looked into each others eyes, noses touching we were so close.

"Doctor?"

"Yes"

"Your crushing me," I mumbled. Pretending I was out of breath.

"Right sorry, back to the matter at hand." the doctor ran to the tardis console take back control of the steering. He pulled the screen over analyzing it.

"Everything okay?"

"Yes sorry, just worried about the Slitheen following us but no worry all gone." I walked over leaning against the console. "Fantasic steering by the way!"
I reached out for a high five and he surprisingly returned it. "Now next stop!"

Suddenly two knocks came from the tardis door. "Doctor did someone just knock?"

"Knocking in space?" My eyes went big, how could that be possible? The doctor slowly approached the doors. He turned to shush me which I replied to with a sarcastic shrug. He threw the doors open and a white light filled cube flew straight into his hands. "Whot?"

"Doctor what is it?" I ran to him to look closer at the glowing cube.

"Oh that that is amazing! No seriously I've got chills!" He smiled widely with so much excitement. Like a kid on Christmas. I raised my eyebrows at him in confusion. "Oh yes y/n I've got mail!"

-

The Doctor was quick to opening the cube with his sonic screwdriver. He was basically jumping with anticipation. I just sat on the sofa and blushed at how cute it was to see him so happy. We'd been traveling together now for over 6 months and had become very close very quick. But sometimes there would be moments were he would get distant, and something would just be off with him. So in this moment I was taking in his smile. "Ah ha!" The Doctor laughed. I looked over to see him holding a small piece of paper.

"You got it out!"

"Oh yes! Come on y/n admit it I am good." He threw me a wink.

"Oy spaceman watch the ego," I laughed. "So what is it?" The Doctor unrolled the piece of paper and furrowed his brow. His eyes went big.

"I think we just got invited to Bachs Birthday party."

- Doctor POV-

"Okay your joking right? Bach? One of the best composers ever! Why and how did he mail you?" Obviously y/n had lots of questions. While all I could do was run around, trying to connect the Tardis to the mail cube.

"Where is my transportation cable! I swear it was right here." I dug underneath the Tardis flooring, aka my storage.

"Doctor!"

Relazing I was being ignorant I popped back up to the console, hooked the transport up to the mail cube and set the Tardis for it coordinates. I took a deep breath and pulled y/n over to the sofa. "Yes, I know Bach. Being a time traveller you can pick up friends."

"And Bach is one of those?"

"Yes of course! Man's a genius, well close," y/n smiled. "Great cook to." The tardis dinged we had arrived. "The mail didn't hold a message y/n it held coordinates and well a birthday inscription. That was inputted into the Tardis and now we are...here." We walked over to the Tardis doors and slowly poked our heads out.

Quickly we were met with a bustling city street, markets filled with people and next to the street was ocean, lots of it. "Where are we?" Y/n grinned in pure excitement. Sticking out my tongue I felt the breeze.

"Venice, mid 1700's possibly," I stuck my finger up into the air. Y/n rolled her eyes at my showmanship. "1750 would be my guess, it's March and possible chance of rain later."

-

Hours passed as I stood outside the Tardis tapping my foot impatiently. "Come on y/n! The party starts at 9 and your worried about..."

"Hey listen we can't all wear the same suit everyday!" She yelled out from the far back wardrobe of the Tardis. She decided to go thrifting through it for time period clothing.

I mumbled under my breath, "Oy! I switched the stripes for blue!" the Tardis door flew open and y/n waltzed out.

"What do you think? Appropriate for 1750?" She said spinning in circles. She had on a Rococo inspired dress, the hips wide with yards of fabric to compliment. The dark red and gold fabric covered her curved body and went perfectly with her h/c updo and soft makeup. And while I loved her normal clothes I had never seen her in such fancy dress.
Trying not to stare I nodded and looked towards the ocean harbor, along with a sunset in front of us. I felt ashamed for making fun of her for taking so long to rummage through the Tardis wardrobe but she looked.

"Stunning." I spit out. My eyes went big and I bit my lip. "I mean very appropriate for Venice most of all at the height of the Italian Renaissance. Yknow Cathrine the great inspired the big hip aesthetic of dresses, along with quote on quotes leg of mutton sleeves and..." I ushered out my arm to her while uncomfortably rambling. But she smiled as if she knew how taken aback I was, how much she had shocked me...

We strolled down the lit up blue and orange streets of Venice. The red sunset almost gone, the oil lamps of street vendors and gondoliers lit our path to bachs home. "Yknow I've always dreamt of coming here, being here during the peak of artistry and culture." Y/n went on to explain.

"Oh yes! Venice 1750! The height of music, plays, books, art, fashions and so on and so on! Bach, Vivaldi! Da Vinci! Micheal Angelo!" I held her shoulders pointing up towards a hill, there was a brightly lit building. "There we are!" I winked at y/n, "Bach here we come, Allons-y!"

Yes , I was excited to show y/n the magic of Venice and the history of Italian Renaissance and do our normal time travel explorations but I was unfocused. In my mind I couldn't get over the feeling of seeing her so vivid and gorgeous. Truly she made Venice just look like the background.

-Y/n POV-

It was evident as we entered the venician home that the party was still being set up. "Doctor I think we're early?" He raised his eyebrows and scanned the ballroom for anyone who wasn't a servant or one of the hundreds of people running around. I know he was desperate to hear his reasoning behind the mail cube, thing?

"Doctor! You got my message!" From behind a pillar emerged a German voice, then a tall powdered wig. My eyes went wide, "it's...its..."

"Johann! How are you?" The Doctor hugged the short plump man as they both shared a laugh and exchanges. The Doctor shook his hand vivaciously. "Bach this is y/n, y/n Bach."

"Sir it is an absolute honor." I shook his hand probably with to much gumption.

"Oh please the honor is all mine my lady," Bach bowed and kissed the top of my hand.

"Oy! Watch it Johann!" The Doctor shot his a sturn gaze but I laughed at his protectiveness. Bach and McCartney two legendary musicians hundred's of years apart but the same flirting technique, I laughed to myself.

As Bach gave us a tour of the "small villa" which was in fact a palace. The Doctor held my hand and whispered history facts to me along the way. Like my own private handsome tour guide. Suddenly we were in the garden, along with the hedges Bach prided himself in. "These are the best trimmed hedges in all of Venice Doctor I assure you!"

The Doctor nodded and bent down to my ear, "worlds best composer and he's showing off his...bushes." We both laughed. Bach left to go prepare to practice his new piece he'd be showing tonight.
While me and the Doctor sat on a bench talking about how crazy all of this was. Suddlenly a woman in a beautiful light blue dress approached us.

"Doctor lovely to see you again and this is?"

"Oh yes y/n, this is Anna Magdalena Bach, Anna this is y/n my companion." Anna curtsied. I was taken aback by her and bachs formalities with me. Like I was royal.

"Lovely to meet you y/n indeed, but I must say your gown is gorgeous but so behind the times." My face went beat red. I was so sure I had picked something out of modern Italian Renaissance couture. "It is beautiful for casual day yes ma'am but for tonight I must have my best maidens dress you. Anything for the doctors companion."

"Tonight what is tonight?" I looked scared at the Doctor and he just smiled.

"Well our masquerade ball of course in honor of Bachs birthday. It is to celebrate him and his new piece."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.2K 23
[this is old work, please don't judge my current writing based off of this book!] Y/N's life is disastrous. So she's not complaining when she's swep...
9.1K 172 22
(ORIGINAL VERSION) Losing the person you love is hard enough but losing your whole family, that's enough for a person to want blood on their hands. *...
2.8K 288 30
This story revolves around a girl who met a doctor and then fall for him same goes to doctor who fall harder at first site but what will happen ,wil...
2.6K 87 16
The Doctor, in his 10th incarnation, meets another traveller again. He and Kate seem to complete each other perfectly. But he doesn't know how perfec...