Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II
Part lll

chapter 12

16.6K 700 288
By everyday_imstumblin

“Don’t worry you’ll be fine” I assured Avan as he fidget. It’s definitely new from his usual confident and arrogant self.

“Do they know I’m coming?” he tried to sound like this was affecting him, but over the month I’ve known him, I’ve learnt little tell tale signs that easily give him away. Like now, Avan cleared his throat every few minutes and lets out a little cough, while rubbing the back of his head.

We walked from Avan’s house to mine, and the closer we got, the more nervous Avan seemed. “Just so you know, I’m not used to being introduced to my…friend’s family. This is new, so bare with me” Avan’s strides became smaller and smaller until it just stopped.

I sighed and got off his back, what…my legs were hurting and Avan is my horse, so what’s the problem.

I got in front of him and cupped his face, bring him down I stared in his eyes. “You will do fine, I won’t let you meet them like I did with your parents” That seemed to lightened the mood, Avan took my hand and we started walking again…for the sixth time.

We got to the front door and I let Avan compose himself “Don’t worry” I said for the tenth time.

I opened the door pulling Avan behind me and shouted “Honey I’m home!” I still didn’t tell Avan about Amber’s situation, maybe I should’ve done it before they met so it wouldn’t be awkwa-

“Hello I’m Amber” eh I’ll let Amber tell him.

“Avan” Avan held his hand out to shake; he was being such a gentlemen… I really should have warned him but I’ll see how things turned out, because this is really entertaining!

I nudged Amber’s side and whispered in her ear “He wants you to shake his hand” little giggles escaped my lips.

I am so mean! I should be ashamed of myself…eh I’ll do it later.

Amber slapped her forehead “You didn’t tell him” it was a statement. “Tell me what?” Avan retracted his hand; his brows were creased as he waited for a reply.

“I’m blind too” then there was silence.

Wait for it….

“Ciara!” Avan half growled, ah I love the way he screams my name XD

“Oh...What’s that Aunt Clara? You want to see me in the kitchen, ok!” I pretended to hear her call me and quickly ran to the kitchen only to see nobody.

But Aunt Clara’s always in the kitchen?

“She went to buy groceries for the dinner; she wanted to make it special since your boyfriend is coming” Amber led Avan in the room, since he didn’t know his way around my house yet.

“Oh I see” there was no point in correcting her, I gave up a long time ago…which was the second Amber asked me the question. “I’m gunna go find something in my room” Amber quickly said and walked away, that she-devil, now I have to face Avan. I knew I should have told him!

“How could you not tell me something so important?” he hissed as soon as Amber’s footsteps faded away. “I probably looked like a fool holding out my hand” I don’t think it would be wise to tell him that Amber couldn’t see his ‘foolishness’

I pouted and walked right into his chest; I circled my arms around him and gave him a big hug. “I’m sowy” I put on my baby voice, no one can resist this cute sound. Avan let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around my waist “Next time, tell me everything” I nodded in his chest, and then stood on my toes to kiss his cheek.

“You should grow shorter, you’re too tall” I said, still in his embrace.

Avan chuckled and leaned in, his hot breath was breathing down my neck. “I don’t think that’s possible kitty.” He kissed my neck, tailing downwards but then he abruptly stopped. To say I was unhappy that he stopped would be an understatement.

“What” I whined, Avan lifted his head in the air and sniffed. “Do you smell...pop corn?” I too sniffed the air, and yes I could smell pop corn. “You’re right” I heard shuffling behind me; I quickly turned around to see Aunt Clara and Amber spying on us.

“What are you guys doing?” I growled for ruining the moment. I let go of Avan and took his hand.

“Oh nothing Amber and I-“

“Why did you stop, it was getting good!” Amber interrupted her mother and brought out the pop corn from behind her back and started eating it. “There is a reason why people created movies. My life is not for your entertainment” I glared at both of them. Aunt Clara looked down ashamed, but Amber just scoffed and walked away.

Clara cleared her throat and stepped forward “It’s nice to finally meet you Avan. I’ve heard a lot about you from Ciara”

“I hope its all good things” he chuckled and I froze…

Yeah…no

“Uh-um...of c-course she did” Aunt Clara can’t lie to save her life, she will most likely die. Avan easily caught her lie and squeezed my hand…hard. I winced but forced a smile on my face when Aunt Clara gave me a funny look.

“On with dinner” I sheepishly smiled

***

While Aunt Clara made dinner, Amber, Avan and I were playing a game in the family room. It was a game that everyone could play; it was perfect because I get to harm Amber and Avan. Basically everybody puts the back of their hands out in front of them, you always keep it there until someone tries to hit you then you can pull away.

The main aim is to really hit hard on the person’s hand and make it go red. We are playing it three way, since I could see I had to find a blindfold or else that would be cheating but in all honesty, it was more fun being blind because then you don’t know when the person is going to hit you.

I, of course cheated and kept taking peeks under my blindfold because Amber was putting some real damage to my hands.

We played for half an hour until Aunt Clara called us in, I somehow lost because my hands were bright red and hurting bad. Avan went easy on me because I’ve had enough from Amber.

Though I will get my revenge Amber! I vowed.

We sat down at the table, Avan sitting next to me opposite of Amber and next to Aunt Clara on the other side. If that makes sense…?

I was taking a bite out of my delicious steak when Clara opened her mouth and asked Avan a question “So Avan, what are your intentions to my daughter” Aunt Clara has always considered me as her daughter, so I really shouldn’t be surprised if she started to act like an overprotective mum.

But it still caught me off guard…big time.

I started to choke; I pounded my chest to cough out the meat. I also, just so happen to be leaning on two legs on my chair. So I guess I was too busy trying to breath to notice I was falling backwards, arms and legs flailing, gurgling noises coming out of my mouth…

Hmmm…I do say I attract weirdness wherever I go.

My back hit the ground hard, causing the dislodged meat to pop out of my mouth. I rolled to the side and started to cough; once I stopped I immediately stood up and glared at Aunt Clara who looked back innocently.

“You okay kitty?” Avan was the only one who asked, Amber was laughing and Aunt Clara was acting innocent. Fido was there too… I don’t want to talk about what he’s doing.

“Peachy” I grumbled, grabbing my chair and setting it upright and sat down. Amber contently sighed “I love family dinners” she let out a giggle and wiped away a fake tear. I muttered curses under my breath and began stabbing my food. They didn’t deserve it but I had to take out my anger on something and Amber wasn’t close enough.

“Avan, I believe you have a question to answer” Clara eyed Avan as she waited for an answer. I slapped my forehead but I secretively want to know as well.

“Well Ma’am, Ciara is…” Avan couldn’t find the right word, so Amber decided to helped him out

“Weird, crazy, abnormal, dropped as a bab-“

“Unique” Amber and I snorted. Yeah he couldn’t find a word to describe me. “And if it wasn’t for her uniqueness then I wouldn’t be who I am now. Ciara has brought out things that no one else could, she… makes me feel normal.” Avan softly chuckled and Aunt Clara and Amber ‘aww’d’

I on the other hand, was too busy having a stare off with Fido; my attention span was very short. It amazes my family to know that I’m actually passing school.

The stupid dog was winning in our contest and I was about to crack when Amber called him over and he blinked.

“Sucker!” I stuck my tongue out at him and I swear he glared at me. Smugly grinning, I turned back to the table to see the whole table was quite. “So…what did I miss?” Amber smacked her head, Aunt Clara shook her head and Avan just sat there. The corner of his lips was twitching into a smile.

***

“So this is my room” I led Avan inside and closed the door “The bed is in the center, a bathroom to our left and a desk to the right” I explained while pulling him to the bed. We sat down and I started to fidget, I wasn’t used to a lot of silence.

Sighing I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. Avan joined me; we stayed like that for what seemed like seconds before Avan gently grabbed my hands and entwined it. I turned my face to him; I began to run my eyes over his profile, remembering when he smiles little dimples pop out and his eyes twinkle.

His flawless skin that had one beauty spot on his forehead…

….

..

Without think I slammed my hand on Avan’s forehead with a big Whack!

“Got it!” I exclaimed happily. Avan shot up in a sitting position “What the hell Ciara!” he shouted while tenderly touching his head.  I winced at the sight; maybe I shouldn’t have done it so hard.

 He now had a red handprint of my hand on his forehead. “Um…there was a mosquito on your head” I shyly whispered and wiped my hand on my jeans. Avan shook his head; “Only you would ruin a peaceful moment” he let out a small chuckle and then reached for my hand.

He pulled me down on the bed and I snuggled up against his chest. “I’m sorry” I aimed to kiss his cheek but then Avan turned his head to the side. I didn’t process anything because the next thing I know…

I’M KISSING AVAN JACKSON!!!

His lips were warm and soft, but after the shock was over we started to get rough. Avan rolled on top of me, his hands began to roam my body and I moaned. My hands were fisted in his hair, pulling him closer and Avan moaned. Man that sounded so sexy!

He pulled back and opened his beautiful eyes and said “Ciara…”

“Yes Avan” we both sounded breathless.

“I-I love you”

I gasped and then giggled “I love you too” and then I kissed him again. “Avan…nobody’s home except us” I purred as I brushed against his lips. Avan smirked and then travelled kisses down my neck “I think I know what we can do in that time”

And that was when we first made love…

…..

Nah jokes, I was only daydreaming!

Shame it wasn’t real though…

“Ciara are you even listening to me” Avan said, his chest rumbling as I laid my head on it. I looked up and smirked “Nope” I popped the ‘p’ “But I am now” I started to rub random circles on his chest. “You know I was answering your question, I don’t need to know this.” Avan played with my short hair as he spoke.

“Oh right…so what was my question” I honestly forgot what happened in the last 10 minutes of daydreaming. Avan sighed and hugged me tighter, before dipping down to my neck where he huskily whispered “You should have been paying attention” he then kissed me on the neck.

“I-I got a little distracted”

Avan arrogantly chuckled and pulled back “You asked if being blind is hard” …nope can’t remember a thing.

“And you said” I waited for his reply

“It’s hard at first, but then you’ll get used to it over the years.”

I had a thoughtful look on my face and wondered what it would be like if I was blind and then suddenly, I had an idea.

It was about time I get a glimpse of Avan’s world…

I couldn’t stop the evil laugh escaping my lips, it grew louder and louder and then

“Ciara” oops forgot he was here “Yes Avan” hey this is like my daydream, I gasped he’s going to confess his love for me!

I can’t believe this is happening,

I can see the future!!!

I eagerly waited for his reply and then…

….

“Shut up”

****

Hope this was better than the LAST FAILURE!!!! 

I'm still crying in the corner!

If not then i will have to do better in the next one, i am determined to make funny if it's the last thing i do! 

if not then....i'll just sulk in that cold, dark lonely corner WAAAAA!!!!

Anyway, CHEERS PEOPLE!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

910K 36.3K 45
** #1 in Mortal ** 9/30/20 ** ** #3 in Fantasy ** 7/8/18 ** ** #6 in Highschool **10/14/18 ** ** #6 in Gods **6/21/20 ** What happens when your famil...
19.8K 953 43
At sixteen, Princess Brienna of Connaught is sent by her father to become ward to King Llewellyn, ruler of the mist-shrouded Welsh kingdom of Gwynedd...
8.3M 283K 37
Ginelle Hayes is orphaned, and after escaping her abusive guardian with a dark secret, she finds herself alone on the cruel streets of London. Then E...
2.1M 14.4K 17
Vampires? Check. Werewolves? Check. Death prophecy to hang over your head? Double check. Seventeen year old Emma Hutchinson struggles to find her pla...