'π™„π™ˆ π™Žπ™π™„π™‡π™‡ π™Žπ™π˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώπ™„...

By Mewrcurryy

"And if our love was just a circus, you'd be a clown by now." - In a story that takes place in a newly foun... More

IM STILL STANDING
SOUNDTRACK
ACT 01
i. rich kids arival
ii. lab excursion; gone wrong
iii. dinosaur rodeo
iv. asset out of containment
v. birthday boy
vi. swimming with fishes
vii. monorail gone rogue
viii. left behind
ACT 02
i. sour dreams
ii. sibling like arguments
iii. fourth wheeling
iv. our heroes
v. left for dead
vi. becoming ben pincus
vii. life or death
ACT 03
i. hang gliding with dinosaurs
ii. yacht party
iv. velociraptor paddock revenge
v. grim reaper defrosted
vi. taste of death
vii. weird behaviour
viii. get off nublar
ix. back to the island
x. held hostage, again
ACT 04
i. sea sick
ii. ben pincus' downfall
iii. dino nerd meets dino expert
iv. mission detoured
v. the 'accidental' kiss
vi. concussions
vii. regretful decisions
viii. dirty work
ix. boys and video games
x. locking kash up for good
xi. dating advice gone wrong
ACT 05
i. wicked french man
ii. first dates
iii. dinosaur battles
iv. sewer rats
v. bone-rattling realisations, and earthquakes
vi. losers roasts marshmallows
vii. iconic duo samille
viii. the 'not so accidental' kiss
ix. prepare for war
x. father verus daughter
xi. finally home

iii. rich kids penthouse

952 52 35
By Mewrcurryy

"Hurry up, Darius. With the engine off, we're gonna get swept out the sea or smashed in the rocks,"

Kenji called out from where the engine was as Sammy, Camille, and Yasmina were holding onto a rope that had Darius on the other end, dangling off the edge of the boat trying to patch the hole.

"All right, pull me up!" Darius called as the three girls pull back in the rope lifting Darius back up. Sammy and Camille keep pulling as Yasmina reaches and pulls Darius up and over as he began to untie the rope from around his waist.

"We gotta fix that hole or the gas would be the least of our problems.." Darius dusted his hands together,

"I thought having no GPS would be the least of our problems," Kenji said jumping down the ladder from the top deck, approaching the three as they walked over towards everybody else.

"Yeah and uh, not to add to the doom and gloom but..." Yasmina began before the boat unexpectedly rocked in the sea, lightly tipping to the side before moving back to its center.

"..pretty sure we're also sinking," Yasmina said as Kenji shrugged at her, "Nah. We're just riding low in the water because of uh..." everybody looked over as Kenji cleared his throat.

Bumpy was heavier than anything and sinking half the boat, Ben looking at all of them with a death glare with his hands on Bumpy.

"Do not listen to him. You're perfect the way you are..." Ben whispered to Bumpy who let out a low growl before Ben turned back, looking up.

"Isn't there some non-Dino-infested dock we can get to?" He called out, Brooklynn stands up and moves over with a map in hand, "The closest one is on the other side of the island" We'll never make it"

"We're doomed and gloomed," Brooklynn said lowering the map and glancing at everybody around,

"Ha! Hold up!" Kenji snapped getting everybody's sudden attention, "There is another dock not far from here. A private dock that's not on any map-"

Camille gasped as Kenji gave her a smile, she clicked onto what he was referring too, "The dock near the Pee House"

Kenji jumped up onto the edge pointing out beyond the sea as everybody stared at the boy with disarray,

"I went before we left.." Ben stated awkwardly,

"No, not the..." Kenji mumbled as he shook it off before raising up his arms again, "the penthouse. There's a private pier and everything"

"And you're just now telling us this?" Yasmina said, unamused at Kenji,

"Okay, well maybe I forgot. But now, we have a magic keycard to get inside so... meh" Kenji said with a menacing grin looking at everybody,

"That penthouse could have everything we need," Darius said excitedly as he held onto the ladder, leaning back while talking to Brooklynn and the others,

"Will have everything we need," Kenji corrected as he moved along the side of the boat, "My dad loves boats. He's got all sorts of nautical junk--"

"To the Pee House!" Darius called out and so did everybody else, laughing at the newly founded joke as they all ran off in different directions. Camille facepalmed as Kenji muttered the joke under his breath clearly unamused as well.

"So stupid..." Kenji said as he began climbing up the ladder,

"Such a dad joke, gosh," Camille said as Kenji looked down with a small chuckle before continuing up, Camille smiled up at the boy before continuing around the boat to the others.

Of course, she couldn't necessarily relate to a 'dads joke' having her father never make any, but she knew Kenji really couldn't either but was glad it made him smile.

Coming into the dock was rough as Kenji pulled the boat up against the side of the concrete making a loud scraping noise. Everybody dismounted from the boat making their way to a dirt path with scooters as they all took one beginning to head towards Kenjis penthouse. Camille had brought her bat along, keeping one hand on it at all times.

"At the penthouse, we travel in style. It's only a short ride away. Cool, huh?" Kenji said looping in and out of the group,

"Thanks to this magic keycard opening every door on the island. I'll finally get to show you guys my home away from home" Kenji did circles as he drove before Sammy gasped looking into the trees and so did everybody else.

A dinosaur stood within the bushes and trees taking a moment to notice them, "Uh, Darius?" Kenji said staring at the dinosaur,

"It's just a Matalaphosaurus. They're loners. Pretty much keep to themselves," Darius confirmed as they began to drive off again,

"Sounds like Yaz the first time we all met--" Camille said before the rear end of her scooter was crashed into, sending her off course as she struggled to balance taking a quick glance back and looking at Yasmina who was already glaring at her.

"Then, onward. Paradise awaits!" Kenji said driving forwards and past the group, leading the way.

"Onward indeed!!" Camille said speeding up with the boy away from Yasmina who was already trying to run her over. It didn't take long for the building to become visible as everybody looked up in awe of what they saw.

"Pretty cool, right? Wait till you see the inside" Kenji said with a smirk, continuing to drive ahead with everybody following behind as they all pulled up to the front of the penthouse.

"Looks pretty clear. We get in, get what we need, and get out" Darius said looking at everybody as they hopped off from the scooters, Ben getting off from Bumpy who began eating from shrubs and bushes.

"We're here, girl...No offense but it's not really her kind of place," Ben said looking from the building to Kenji,

"No offense but she's an 8,000-pound dinosaur who will totally trashed my pad, so...yeah" Kenji exclaimed as he and the others began moving up to the front doors. "totes not happening anyway,"

Brooklynn made her way to the door, looking at the keycard then back to the group who gave an approving nod. She tried the keycard, the light turned green on the door as they all let out quick acknowledgments of joy before heading inside and up the many, many flights of stairs.

Darius fell into the door, opening it up as so did everybody else, "Dude, we ride on dinosaurs every day and we're still this winded from taking the stairs..."

Yasmina and Camille walk over to the others all on the floor in the doorway, seemingly fine after the many flights of stairs.

"Sorry...If the elevator was working, it opens up right inside..." Kenji said as he panted, everybody else's faces lit up seeing the inside of the room, how luxurious it was as Camille raised her brows leaning against her bat,

"I missed always visiting the penthouse--" Camille said itching the back of her neck as Yasmina and Kenji look back at her, the others moving inside to view the contents.

"My father--" Camille began,

"..shares the penthouse with mine," Kenji interrupted with a small shrug as Camille slowly nodded, looking to a shocked Yasmina as everybody else inside had their jaws to the floor.

"So you're telling me you both practically own this penthouse?" Yasmina said with a small stutter, processing how rich both of the kids really were, she knew they were awfully wealthy but didn't know that Camille and Kenji both had enough to own a whole penthouse this big.

"Yeah...I never brought it up I guess," Camille smiled softly before Kenji cleared his throat,

"Our parents worked together a while ago...so we basically knew each other waaaay before camp even was a thing!...well anyways come on," Kenji brought the mood up as he moved aside, Yasmina moved to take a step forwards, Camille looking down a hallway.

"Actually I might check if a certain room is still...holding my stuff-" She said as Kenji gave her a fair nod and a smile before Camille and Kenji's names were called out.

"Camille, Kenj! are these guys your dads?!" Sammy called out pointing at two men with arms around the other in front of a tall building going up and out of frame, Kenji moved back inside with a short smile as Camille made her way down the hallway to another door as she turned the doorknob pushing it open.

It was one of the large rooms in the penthouse, designed more as a bedroom that Camille used to store most of her clothes when she had to come for meetings with her father. She was used as a candidate and so was Kenji which was how they met in the first place yet Kenji never seems to remember how they truly met.

"Oh, how I've missed this room.." Camille took a deep breath in of the cold air in the room as she walked past a large bed, past a TV and wide couch, throwing her bat down onto it before she reached another shorter hallway with multiple doors, she turned facing one as she pushed it open leading to a large wardrobe filled with more formal clothes than anything but within the draws she had shirts, pants and more.

She looked into a drawer and pulled out a deep blue hoodie that on the back of her hoodie was a graphic design of a small wave.

"Still smells like home..." She brought it close to her chest squeezing it tight as a smile formed on her face, she removed her big maroon jacket resting it on a shelf along with her beige hoodie. She took one of the fresh shirts from a drawer though it was more formal than she hoped.

It was a black, short-sleeved turtle neck with small indented lines running vertically on the shirt, she switched her jeans for a pair of black athletic leggings before she slipped the blue hoodie on feeling more comfortable than before having to run around with a big and heavy jacket all the time since she didn't want to leave it behind in all honesty.

She smiled as she closed the doors heading back out leaning and grabbing her bat from the couch before moving into the hallway, she saw Ben walking out while Yasmina was leaning in the doorframe.

"Oh hey, guys!" She called, jogging over to Ben who turned before Yasmina came from the doorframe with Sammy too.

"Where you guys off to?" She asked fixing up her hair with a small smile.

"Down to the garage...nice jumper by the way but where'd you get it..?" Ben pointed out as Camille looked back to the hallway,

"One of my old rooms," She said awkwardly before looking back forwards. She walked ahead as Ben followed with Yasmina and Sammy as well.

"Glad to be out of there. So much marble and gold and comfort. That's no way to live, am I right?" Ben lightly elbowed Yasmina as she looked at him with concern.

"You've been in the jungle way too long, dude--" Multiple thuds heard in the distance caused Ben to stop the three girls, moving his hands back and moving them all towards a wall.

"Did you hear that?" He said quieter than before, everybody looking around nervously listening for the sound before they look around the corner as the sound became clearer.

Sammy looked at the other three who gave nods as they began to move closer to the door.

It was hard to see through the glass between the door as only their reflection was visible, they kept creeping closer to the door when suddenly a dinosaurs head moved up into the glass roaring as they all screamed, jumping back before another dinosaur began banging against the glass trying to break through.

"How did they get up here?" Sammy trembled, watching the two dinosaurs try and breakthrough,

"Does it matter?" Yasmina snapped quickly as Ben looked around,

"Back to the penthouse!" He called as the four turned, running back and around the corner coming to a stop as a shadow on the wall started out small growing bigger at the end of the hallway.

The door on the other side was nearly about to break before Sammy shook Camille's arm, pointing to the vent above them.

Camille handed her bat to Sammy before she moved the others from the area as she backed up, she ran and jumped up against the wall before she kicked off boosting herself upwards and grabbing onto the vent pulling it down as she dropped before she motioned for everybody to climb, she kneeled down helping each of them jump up before she grabbed the dangling vent pulling herself up inside with the others.

They began to start crawling through the vents, away from the dinosaurs below navigating to find the garage, Camille slid her bat through the back of her jumper as it sat resting on near her shoulder, ready to pull when needed.

"We have to go back for the others--" Sammy whispered back to the others, Camille crawling at the very back with Yasmina ahead and then Ben, Sammy leading the way.

"They're safer in the penthouse. We'll meet back up with them after we hit the garage--" Yasmina lowered her voice at the sound of a roar echoing in the vents as they all cautiously crawled, Sammy looking from left before right but a dinosaur had popped in from the right side of the vent causing Sammy to jump back, screaming loudly.

"Back! Back! Go back!" Sammy called as they all began to retreat, crawling as quickly as possible through the space away from the dinosaur before another one turned the corner, causing Yasmina and Camille to scream.

They were cornered as they all pressed their backs against the wall behind them before it fell back leading into another vent as the two dinosaurs moved in closer, given the space Camille moved both of her hands forwards, moving up as if she were going into a handstand before she kicked her legs outwards hitting both of the dinosaurs in their noses causing them to flail around as it gave the others time to move through the vent, Camille held onto her bat adjusting the position so it didn't fall out of her jumper before following the vent,

She then realized the vent went dropped down, she nose-dived through the vent before seeing the light she rolled around in the vent before landing in a squat, stumbling on the ground.

"Come on!" Yasmina said as her hand was reached to Camille, the french girl grabbing her hand and being pulled along by Yasmina,

"And for the last time stop being a hero god dammit you idiot!!" Yasmina yelled back at Camille who gave a sorrowful smile.

The four began to sprint away from the vents they fell through. They kept on running down a long hallway until they found double doors, pushing them open wide as they found the garage, thankfully.

They take a look at the dark area that was surrounded by black limos scattered around, "Limos on a jungle island..?" Ben said slowly, glancing around at the area, "That's practical,"

They began walking, moving towards long and tall lockers, Sammy pulling one open as the three girls take a peak inside.

"Ooh, sealant, We could use this to patch the yacht," Yasmina said, grabbing it before Sammy shut the door while Camille looked at the sealant over Yasmina's shoulder.

"Now, all we need is gas," Ben said with his hands on his hips, looking around before they got the idea, looking straight towards the Limos.

"Gas can, over there--" Camille caught on pointing across to a canister on the floor with her bat as Ben moved over to grab it,

"Ooh, I found a hose!" Sammy said as she went through the other lockers, she pulled it out with the help of Yasmina, handing it over to Ben as he began going around to all the Limos getting as much gas in the can as he could. They were only needing a little more gas in the canister as Camille helped Ben out.

"Is it nearly done--" She asked as Ben shushed her, staring intensely to measure it and not cause the gas to overflow,

"Got it..." She slowly nodded looking around before up at Yasmina but she was staring at Sammy with wide eyes before Yasmina moved over to Sammy who seemed sadder than usual,

Camille bitting the inside of her lip while her grip tightened on her jumpers pocket as she watched the way Yasmina got closer to the girl, the way she stared at Sammy and how she rested her hand on the girl.

She zoned back in when Ben began talking beside her, "Dinosaurs in the building isn't enough? right?" Ben said towards Camille, she had no idea of the conversation as she looked from the two girls back to Ben,

"uh...yeah?" She shrugged, oblivious as Yasmina rolled her eyes, not knowing of the girl zoning out previously,

"Private conversation, guys..." She said sassily before returning back to her conversation with Sammy, Camille turning back to Ben as he slowly pulled the hose out from the canister brushing his hands against his shirt as Camille stood up with him, looking over her shoulder at the girls with a saddened look. Camille was jealous,

Majorly jealous.

"All filled--" Ben began but a big clattering noise echoed within the garage coming from above them, the four letting out short screams as they looked up with a look of alarm on all their faces.

The noise grew louder as Camille moved quickly, pulling a limo door open as she began ushering everybody inside,

"In! In! in!" She said as Ben moved in last, Camille diving inside as a vent crashed open as she quickly shut the door behind her. The four looking outside the windows, being unseen on the inside as the windows were tinted, the dinosaurs walking by only seeing their reflections.

"Let's go!" Yasmina said harshly, looking at Ben and Sammy, Camille pressed up against the car door as the bat pushed into her back,

"How? We just took all the gas out of the limos..!" Ben said holding the gas canister in his hand,

"Not that one," Sammy said looking out the other side of the window, it was halfway across the garage,

"and how on gods earth are we meant to get to it?" Camille said, looking at them all, Yasmina crawled across the seat and peaking out the window before she looked back and gave Ben a nod.

Camille let out a heavy exhale before Sammy opened the car door while reaching and opening the next, and all four of them dove into the next car. Camille was the last to move inside as she tried to close the door as quietly as she could,

"shh--" Yasmina said at the girl, clearly worried about being caught yet Camille spun around with a sharp look in her eyes, Yasmina backed down immediately seeing the annoyed look in her eyes.

They did the same as before, transferring between limos and letting out a deep breath before they looked down at the last limo.

"one more to go..." Yasmina said as Ben moved across, going to open the next door when one of the dinosaurs passed by, Ben jumped back into Camille as they all gasped, the other dinosaur passing behind the other window as they were being circled.

"Ready..?" Ben saw an opening and took it, the three girls nod before Ben kicks the door open with the others running behind him.

They all sprinted as quick as they could to the final limo as it didn't take long for the dinosaurs to pick up on them running as they were chased, Camille slid across the bonnet of the limo diving into the passenger's seat while Yasmina took the driver's seat, the other two slipped in the back.

One of the dinosaurs jumped up and smashed the windshield causing it to crack entirely, "Go! Go! Go!" Ben called as Yasmina started the limo, slamming down on the gas pedal as the limo sped forwards just missing the dinosaur as it jumped out the way, Yasmina began to drive up a long and twisting ramp and eventually made it outside.

"Over there!" Camille called, pulling the bat from behind her and leaning it by her seat while she pointed to Darius, Brooklynn, and Kenji running from two more dinosaurs.

Sammy and Ben open the back door allowing the trio to jump in before Bumpy came running by knocking the dinosaurs from chasing the car.

"Woohoo!" Sammy called from inside the limo, Ben jumped up into his seat peaking up from the sunroof calling out to Bumpy,

"That's it, Bumpy!" he dropped back down into his seat as everybody rejoiced to be back together and safe from danger once more.

Camille slouched forwards as her elbows rested against her knees while her face was buried in her hands, and one of her legs was anxiously bouncing up and down.

Yasmina kept her eyes in front of her driving back towards the boat though she could see the girl beside her.

She wanted to calm the girl, seeing the anxious stature across the girl but she didn't know why she couldn't just 'do it'.

"So... How are we going to fix this thing?" Darius asked, standing on the dock facing the gaping hole in the side of the boat.

"No idea. I never got around to making a Brooklynn and Boxes boat repairs video.." Brooklynn folded her arms, leaning over the edge to look down at Darius.

"Too bad. That would've gotten tons of views-" Sammy said walking beside Brooklynn and grabbing onto the railing,

"All right, people. So, what do we got?" Darius called up, everybody discussing different options and calling from around the boat. "We can make this work," Ben called out,

"What if we make..." Somebody else called out, everybody sharing their ideas around on what they could do to fix the boat with the supplies they had.

Camille was lying on one of the couches sitting near the rear end of the boat, staring up at the dimmed blue sky pondering a few things in her mind that she couldn't shake.

Beforehand she could see Sammy and Yasmina talking, sitting closer than Camille and Yasmina ever had as Sammy made a joke, touching and elbowing Yasmina who seemed to be enjoying it.

Camille was more frustrated than jealous at the moment, she didn't know why she felt the way she didn't but she hated it and disliked feeling the emotions she did, it most definitely wasn't normal for her in any way.

She had never felt this infuriated when it came to thinking of somebody, especially a girl.

But why?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 555 55
Masrani's niece, Y/N who's next in line to take over and his nephew, Luca, get VIP access to Camp Cretaceous along with 6 other people. One of them b...
7.6K 216 54
Chris Guenva-Malagkzai is used to moving all over the place. With both her parent in the military, there was never one place to call home. Then her m...
29.9K 950 24
❝Did you like it?❞ ❝Of course, I did! But I am almost certain I will have nightmares tonight...❞ Kiara Kon is the younger sister of Kenji Kon. The...
1.2K 44 10
❝I had to get you this...❞ ❝Awh, Darius! I love it, thank you, thank you!❞ The campers have dealt with the big game hunters, but their journey isn't...